Author Topic: The best fucking thing ever  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The best fucking thing ever
« on: January 31, 2021, 05:10:40 pm »
I never had one, but when I was a kid and some of my mates had Sony Trinitron TVs they were the bollocks.

Absolutely amazing and beat everything else out there.

What other things - anything at all - would you say were world beaters?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The best fucking thing ever
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 05:16:43 pm »
Technics 1210s.  Still the best too.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:30:38 pm »
the first Ford Focus

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 05:33:37 pm »
It has to be the old 147 bus . The manouvere it took into Barnham Drive towards Well Lane was a thing of beauty. It meant I had to walk less to buy a weed from Hartsbourne heights .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:35:47 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 07:24:27 pm »
Kenny Dalglish

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 07:33:45 pm »
One of those Xmas presents that I never thought I'd get..
It pissed all over me mates Scalextrix.
When I started work & bought my first pair of Nike too..they were only a few days old when one of me brothers wore them an put a hole in the toe of them, returned them to their place..when I got home from work it went off..he never wore anything of mine again after that.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 07:47:11 pm »
One of those Xmas presents that I never thought I'd get..
It pissed all over me mates Scalextrix.
When I started work & bought my first pair of Nike too..they were only a few days old when one of me brothers wore them an put a hole in the toe of them, returned them to their place..when I got home from work it went off..he never wore anything of mine again after that.

TCR was shite. We twice got TCR for Christmas and It was knackered both times by Boxing Day.

Now Race and Chase :thumbup

There was a button on the top of the controller that reversed the current on your car, so it would reverse and do a J turn. You could get it to do handbrake turns as well. I've got two sets of these in my stepdads loft in Southport, they are about 45 years old.

TCR was fucking shite. We twice got TCR for Christmas and It was knackered both times by Boxing Day.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:49:20 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 07:56:46 pm »
Must have been dropped Rob, I have 2 TCR sets in the loft, both original & all cars & tracks still work on both.  :D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 08:16:53 pm »
Must have been dropped Rob, I have 2 TCR sets in the loft, both original & all cars & tracks still work on both.  :D

Maybe we were too rough with it. I remember the first set, on Christmas Day, a tyre came off and overtook the car, following day the set was dead. Tried again a couple of years later with the 3 tier set and that died boxing day too  :'(

It was brilliant for the time it worked, slip streaming and overtaking
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 08:17:48 pm »
I never had one, but when I was a kid and some of my mates had Sony Trinitron TVs they were the bollocks.

Absolutely amazing and beat everything else out there.

What other things - anything at all - would you say were world beaters?
There were two types of Trinitron. One was the normal commercial version, but it was the professional monitor models that were, and still are, amazing. I'd a Sony KX-27PS1 back in the mid 90's to play imports on, and back then, there was very little else out there like it in terms of compatibility and image quality. Looked amazing too. I regret getting rid of it, as they're like hens teeth now.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 08:46:18 pm »
Maybe we were too rough with it. I remember the first set, on Christmas Day, a tyre came off and overtook the car, following day the set was dead. Tried again a couple of years later with the 3 tier set and that died boxing day too  :'(

It was brilliant for the time it worked, slip streaming and overtaking

Yeah the tyres were an issue, we used to turn them inside out when they wore a bit.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 08:47:10 pm »
Lego.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 08:56:43 pm »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #13 on: February 1, 2021, 11:30:14 am »
Rennies.

They just work.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #14 on: February 9, 2021, 05:47:46 pm »
the first Ford Focus

Good call.

Could go round a corner at far-too-fast mph, and still cling to the road like a limpet. Best handling car I've ever had.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15 on: February 9, 2021, 05:51:52 pm »

Good call.

Could go round a corner at far-too-fast mph, and still cling to the road like a limpet. Best handling car I've ever had.
No car handled better than the Peugeot 106....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 9, 2021, 06:06:50 pm »
As a kid ..the chopper bike

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 9, 2021, 06:38:47 pm »

Good call.

My wife has got an Astra H, 2006 1.6 and that sticks to the road like shit to a blanket. I can get around the slip road at the Croft Interchange, going M6 North to M62 East at around 75 mph. Its funny as fuck as any BMW tries to sit on my arse before the panic sets in and you can see the Beemer weaving everywhere and can imagine what the electronics are doing ;D

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 10:28:05 am »
Bumble Tumble (not to be confused with Beehive Bedlam) and King Tutti on sky games back in 2000.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2021, 10:44:07 am »

As an adult...the chopper bike

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 11:16:23 am »
Got a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin about eight years ago and it still sounds absolutely amazing. I've got a few Google Home Maxs around the house and the Zeppelin still sounds fantastic compared to them.

Looks fucking boss mounted to the wall as well.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 11:56:24 am »
Got a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin about eight years ago and it still sounds absolutely amazing. I've got a few Google Home Maxs around the house and the Zeppelin still sounds fantastic compared to them.

Looks fucking boss mounted to the wall as well.

What is it, a speaker? Looks like a spaceship  8)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 12:20:21 pm »
What is it, a speaker? Looks like a spaceship  8)

Yep, a wireless speaker. I've got mine set up with a Google Chromecast Audio so I can us it with multi-room speakers dotted around the house.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 12:57:11 pm »

Great call!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 04:01:36 pm »

I disagree. My mate had one and let me have a go. I struggled with the handlebars, wobbled, tried to hop off it as you would an ordinary bike, my leg hit the seat's backrest thing, and down I went, like a sack of shit, onto my face.

They were shit.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2021, 04:12:37 pm »
Impaling your testicles on the gear stick too...

But they were cool with their seat
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2021, 04:40:51 pm »

I disagree. My mate had one and let me have a go. I struggled with the handlebars, wobbled, tried to hop off it as you would an ordinary bike, my leg hit the seat's backrest thing, and down I went, like a sack of shit, onto my face.

They were shit.

I rode a Chopper once and nearly crashed trying to change gear, never wanted to ride one again.

One of the best bikes I had was a Raleigh Bomber, dead comfortable.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2021, 06:02:49 pm »

They were shit.

I think I have to agree on this.

Having said that, I really wanted a Chopper back in the day, but my Dad refused to buy me one. He was one of those fellas who was in a cycling club and would do mid-Wales and back to Liverpool in a day. He said Choppers were shite, and not a proper bike. I was well pissed off.  :-\

I actually got it not too long later though, when a few mates and I decided to ride over to Conwy on our bikes. No way in the world would we have made it on a Chopper. They were cool for arsing around on back on our council estate, but utter shite for much else. I had to begrudgingly admit my dad was right. My 5-speed racer was just the job.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2021, 06:36:14 pm »
Rennies.

They just work.

The pain of waking up in the middle of the night with heartburn after a late night cheese fest, only to realise you have no indigestion remedy left.

Then... like an angel sent from above...

You find a stray strip of Rennie's at the back of the bedside drawer.  A feeling of unrivalled utopia as the acid disappears a mere seconds after this tablet of unadulterated goodness dissolves in your gut.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2021, 06:36:19 pm »
Vans Skate Hi in black.
Old pop in lighters in cars.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2021, 10:41:43 pm »
Skyways BMX  8)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2021, 06:50:36 am »
Gray Nicolls Twin Scoop Cricket Bat.

Adidas Copa Mundial

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 07:28:45 am »
Vans Skate Hi in black.
Old pop in lighters in cars.

When I was about 3 me and my brother were left I the car while my dad went to the shops (dogs die in hot cars!). My brother, clearly bored, pushed in the lighter and then when it was heated up told me to touch it. Soon learned not to do whatever he told me!

Another time we were dating each other to do stuff and I ended up burning a hole in the drivers seat. After much panicking, winding down. The windows and wafting the smoke out we managed to persuade my mum it had always been there, and that our gran must have done it (it was her old car!).

Mad invention though weren’t they. It was just assumed that everyone was a massive smoker!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2021, 01:41:20 pm »
When I was about 3 me and my brother were left I the car while my dad went to the shops (dogs die in hot cars!). My brother, clearly bored, pushed in the lighter and then when it was heated up told me to touch it. Soon learned not to do whatever he told me!

Another time we were dating each other to do stuff and I ended up burning a hole in the drivers seat. After much panicking, winding down. The windows and wafting the smoke out we managed to persuade my mum it had always been there, and that our gran must have done it (it was her old car!).

Mad invention though weren’t they. It was just assumed that everyone was a massive smoker!
Oooh. Keep it  in the family. Eh.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2021, 01:46:10 pm »
Oooh. Keep it  in the family. Eh.  ;D

Haha fucks sake! :D

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2021, 02:14:10 pm »
Loeb Classical Library editions of Latin texts.

Nothing else quite looks, feels, smells like a dusty Loeb.

I have about 70, but if I came into money, I'd buy the lot.

Also, gold Gillette Slim Adjustable, 1960s.

And still the best watch in the world, and still virtually unchanged 74 years after they started making them:
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2021, 09:16:56 pm »
My father had that Gillette.
It was a thing of beauty.
I can recall the weight of it after almost 40 years.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2021, 09:28:47 pm »
Loeb Classical Library editions of Latin texts.

Nothing else quite looks, feels, smells like a dusty Loeb.

I have about 70, but if I came into money, I'd buy the lot.

Also, gold Gillette Slim Adjustable, 1960s.

And still the best watch in the world, and still virtually unchanged 74 years after they started making them:

That Omega is gorgeous, gonna get me one of those.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2021, 10:51:21 am »

At least you had your brother to blame.

This dickhead here, also left in the car whilst my dad went a shop, touched the red-hot lighter stub out of some dumb curiosity. Stupidest thing is, I knew it'd burn but sort of wondered if it'd feel different to a 'normal' burn. No. It hurt just like a normal burn, but did leave a cool-looking, spiral-shaped mark on my finger for a while.

Years later, after passing my test, I thought sparking up whilst driving by using the lighter stub was uber-cool.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2021, 11:40:46 am »

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.