Author Topic: Holidays - UK or abroad?  (Read 43492 times)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays - UK or abroad?
« Reply #480 on: September 16, 2021, 08:09:15 am »
Do most countries require face masks everywhere? Was thinking of booking Dubai for next year until I saw that face masks are a requirement absolutely everywhere even outdoors. Second choice is Singapore but their borders don't seem to be open yet.

Don't know about Dubai but yes you do have to wear a mask in Singapore still. Anyone over the age of 6.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: September 16, 2021, 10:55:38 am »
Been in sorrento since Tuesday and it’s great to be away , no checks at all on vaccination or pre flight testing at Naples airport just a fixed thermal camera on a ceiling in the passport queue , besides masks mandatory indoors it’s great to be in a bit of warm weather in a near normal holiday situation.

I thought we were required to take a lateral flow test before arriving in Italy?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: September 16, 2021, 11:40:05 pm »
I thought we were required to take a lateral flow test before arriving in Italy?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

We are I got a pcr test but no one seemed arsed to check , everyone in the queue had there phones out to show but all they wanted to do was swipe n stamp your passport

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: September 17, 2021, 07:16:37 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58591550

Get Portugal on green please

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2021, 11:05:59 am »
So I'm travelling to Greece for some Autumn sun, heading out on the 30th and returning on the 9th. As I understand it at the moment there are no tests to enter (doublejabbed), but coming back requires an approved LF test shortly before flying, and the PCR test on day 2 (at which point I'll have already been back to work...).

Whereabout are people getting these approved tests from? Ryanair have linked me to a provider, but no doubt it's not the cheapest option.

Is it worth getting these tests if the rules are about to potentially change? Obviously the longer I leave it, the greater the risk of things not turning up in time for travelling.

This the first time I've looked into leaving the country since the start of this whole thing so I haven't massively kept track of how all the rules have been changing.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2021, 11:21:58 am »
For what it's worth most providers are sending them pretty quickly.

I ordered a pack last Friday and the lateral flow arrived on Tuesday.

Also it seems the PCR test shouldn't be delivered until the day you land back.

Additionally it doesn't have to be day 2 when you take the PCR. You just need to do it by day 2. Nothing to stop you doing it the day you land.

BA offered me a link for a lateral flow and PCR for £79.

Before that I'd used IQ doctor for the PCR only and that was £59

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: September 17, 2021, 11:51:58 am »
So I'm travelling to Greece for some Autumn sun, heading out on the 30th and returning on the 9th. As I understand it at the moment there are no tests to enter (doublejabbed), but coming back requires an approved LF test shortly before flying, and the PCR test on day 2 (at which point I'll have already been back to work...).

Whereabout are people getting these approved tests from? Ryanair have linked me to a provider, but no doubt it's not the cheapest option.

Is it worth getting these tests if the rules are about to potentially change? Obviously the longer I leave it, the greater the risk of things not turning up in time for travelling.

This the first time I've looked into leaving the country since the start of this whole thing so I haven't massively kept track of how all the rules have been changing.

Jet2 and Easyjet both have links on their websites to providers and also discount codes.

I'd wait until after todays announcements though before booking any tests, the lists are supposed to be getting combined and PCR's binned for the double jabbed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:00:55 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2021, 05:19:36 pm »
Just back from Krakow. It’s like it doesn’t exist over there. Was in a bar that was absolutely rammed last night, like I had been transported back a couple of years.

Arriving back in the UK they didn’t want to see the locator form or scan it’s QR code. I Will do my 2 day test, if I’m ever going to get it it was last night!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2021, 05:44:44 pm »

Coming back now you'll not need to do the test in Greece, you'll still need the PCR test though, these aren't being replaced with a Lateral Flow until the end of October.

The international travel traffic light system is being simplified in England with a single red list, as part of an overhaul of the rules from 4 October.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps also said eight countries would be taken off the red list from Wednesday.

It means people returning from places such as Turkey will no longer have to stay in hotel quarantine.

And PCR tests will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers returning to England.

Under the new testing regime, people who have had both jabs will not need to take a pre-departure test before leaving any country not on the red list.

And Mr Shapps said later in October, they would be able to replace the day two PCR test with a cheaper, rapid lateral flow test.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58602481
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2021, 06:34:43 pm »
Thank god it's not happening until October. I'd be mad as hell

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2021, 07:35:35 pm »
Fuerta booked in Feb. Was cancelled this year so fingers crossed it goes ahead this time.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2021, 09:23:54 pm »
So the pre-departure lateral test has been ditched as well?

So it’s low just a 2 day lateral flow test upon returning to the country? Does anyone know if this has to be paid for of if the NHS ones can be used?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2021, 11:38:48 pm »
So the pre-departure lateral test has been ditched as well?

So it’s low just a 2 day lateral flow test upon returning to the country? Does anyone know if this has to be paid for of if the NHS ones can be used?

Have to use the private paid for ones. Fucking joke as we could have paid the NHS for tests and pumped money back into that, but no its got to go to private Tory donors.

Jet2 emailed tonight to say our holiday to Cyprus is going ahead - hotel is shut so love to see how that works. Want to go now, so fuckers better sort something out ASAP.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #493 on: September 18, 2021, 08:08:32 am »
Have to use the private paid for ones. Fucking joke as we could have paid the NHS for tests and pumped money back into that, but no its got to go to private Tory donors.

Not sure NHS has the capacity to do it without it hitting other services too.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: September 18, 2021, 09:37:56 am »
Not sure NHS has the capacity to do it without it hitting other services too.

Drunken rant ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2021, 09:40:14 am »
Missus is trying to get hold of Jet2, we know for a fact that the hotel in Cyprus is closed, prices are shooting up so we want the fuckers to confirm that either we've got another comparable hotel or them to cancel so we can book somewhere else.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: September 19, 2021, 10:10:26 pm »
Looking quite warm in the Canary Islands at the moment

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: September 19, 2021, 11:10:59 pm »
Has anyone got any experience of going on holiday with less than 6 months left on your passport? I've got some enforced leave coming up at the end of September and was thinking of taking a last minute trip to the south of Europe. Reading the government website it clearly states you should have 3 months of your passport but when you fill out their form that tells you whether you should travel or not it says you should have at least 6 months. My passport expires in March, exactly 10 years after it was issued. All a bit confusing.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: September 19, 2021, 11:19:10 pm »
Has anyone got any experience of going on holiday with less than 6 months left on your passport? I've got some enforced leave coming up at the end of September and was thinking of taking a last minute trip to the south of Europe. Reading the government website it clearly states you should have 3 months of your passport but when you fill out their form that tells you whether you should travel or not it says you should have at least 6 months. My passport expires in March, exactly 10 years after it was issued. All a bit confusing.

Need at least 6 months travelling to Europe

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: September 20, 2021, 12:06:54 am »
The EU say 3 months after the date you intend to leave.

If you are a non-EU national wishing to visit or travel within the EU, you will need a passport:

-valid for at least 3 months after the date you intend to leave the EU country you are visiting,
-which was issued within the previous 10 years,

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2021, 12:22:39 am »
The EU say 3 months after the date you intend to leave.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm

You should be ok then.  The UK site says 6months but that’s to allow for a stay of up to 3 months (max period of stay post Brexit).

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: September 20, 2021, 08:32:53 am »
You should be ok then.  The UK site says 6months but that’s to allow for a stay of up to 3 months (max period of stay post Brexit).

Another Brexit win.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: September 20, 2021, 08:38:54 am »

Saw this last night, first time in 50 years - could fuck up a few flights to Tenerife and Gran Canaria.  Saw some Americans that are panicking that the Eastern seaboard is going to get destroyed.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #503 on: September 20, 2021, 09:10:33 am »

Cool. Was thinking about heading there first week of November. Just like we were planning to head to Evia and then it caught fire.

Word of warning guys, apparently if I look at hotels on Booking.com for an area it spontaneously combusts.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #504 on: September 20, 2021, 09:44:22 am »
We’re meant to be going to Tenerife at the end of October. Can it not blow up before then please.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: September 20, 2021, 10:02:50 am »
We've just had our hotel switched on Cyprus, so holiday is still going ahead end of Oct. Now to sort PCR for the lad.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: September 20, 2021, 11:01:59 am »
Cool. Was thinking about heading there first week of November. Just like we were planning to head to Evia and then it caught fire.

Word of warning guys, apparently if I look at hotels on Booking.com for an area it spontaneously combusts.
I seem to have a similar gift, a few years ago during a heatwave I told colleagues in work that it's so hot the grass outside might end up on fire - literally 5 minutes later we had flames outside the office and the fire brigade were called.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:04 pm »
Great news breaking just now, USA relaxing some restriction from UK passengers starting from November, will be announced tonight.

So far fully vaccinated passengers will allowed.

Really want to go at Xmas/new year but seems nothing yet announced about kids.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #508 on: September 20, 2021, 04:16:26 pm »
Great news breaking just now, USA relaxing some restriction from UK passengers starting from November, will be announced tonight.

So far fully vaccinated passengers will allowed.

Really want to go at Xmas/new year but seems nothing yet announced about kids.

It's too late for me for Chicago. But I'd personally wait until they define what a fully vaccinated person is.

As I understood it, they won't count the AZ jab as they don't use it

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:05 pm »
Does anyone know how to check which destinations you can fly to direct from Manchester?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: September 20, 2021, 04:19:24 pm »
Does anyone know how to check which destinations you can fly to direct from Manchester?

https://www.justtheflight.co.uk/cheap-flights-from-MAN/

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #511 on: September 20, 2021, 04:45:25 pm »
The missus parents have the Maldives booked for the end of October (switched from a cruise which was cancelled earlier this year) and are currently sweating and panicking as its due to move onto the amber list soon and they were banking on it being cancelled! I'm guessing once we move to a red list and a green list, it could still go on either one?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: September 20, 2021, 05:04:31 pm »
The missus parents have the Maldives booked for the end of October (switched from a cruise which was cancelled earlier this year) and are currently sweating and panicking as its due to move onto the amber list soon and they were banking on it being cancelled! I'm guessing once we move to a red list and a green list, it could still go on either one?

The way I'm reading it it's no, they'll be on the green list. That will be why they are moving it to amber on Wednesday, as they are merging the amber and green list into a single list.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: September 20, 2021, 05:06:34 pm »
As it stands we will be one of the last who need to get a PCR test when we come back (Gran Canaria - 16-25th october). I think they're changing it to lateral flows 'late October' so don't know if we'll be a few days too early.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2021, 05:11:12 pm »
As it stands we will be one of the last who need to get a PCR test when we come back (Gran Canaria - 16-25th october). I think they're changing it to lateral flows 'late October' so don't know if we'll be a few days too early.

They did say in time for the school holidays, when is your half term?. We fly out 20th, our kids break up 22nd and we fly back 27th.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2021, 07:57:01 pm »
US reopening to U.K. residents who have been double vaccinated.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: September 20, 2021, 08:19:52 pm »
US reopening to U.K. residents who have been double vaccinated.
Also added they will be exceptions to Children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #517 on: September 20, 2021, 10:46:58 pm »
It's too late for me for Chicago. But I'd personally wait until they define what a fully vaccinated person is.

As I understood it, they won't count the AZ jab as they don't use it

That’s not confirmed is it? I thought they were accepting AZ as it’s on the WHO list?

Is AZ the most common in Britain? Be strange to agree to opening up to the UK for them to say no to AZ wouldn’t it?

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2021, 08:29:43 am »
Anyone used Excalibur Healthcare Services COVID tests?

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2021, 09:54:23 am »
That’s not confirmed is it? I thought they were accepting AZ as it’s on the WHO list?

Is AZ the most common in Britain? Be strange to agree to opening up to the UK for them to say no to AZ wouldn’t it?

Yeah there's been some more details than we initially received.

The white house pushed the decision to the FDA and they said any vaccine on their list OR the WHO list would count.

I'd read around 23m of us had AZ in the UK