Author Topic: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted  (Read 366943 times)

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Legal repercussions for Trump and his cabal
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2020, 07:59:50 pm »
He is not rich.  He owes $450m to unknown parties and is currently grifting the hell out of his own supporters because his campaign is deeply in debt.  His businesses are making a loss, especially due to Covid - as Michael Cohen said, he has no source of income.  You can't fine someone who is broke.

And yes, it will be very toxic.  But it's a boil that needs to be lanced if America wants to move forward. 79 million voters wont tolerate watching Trump get off.

While trump is nowhere near as rich as he claims per my understanding he's still in a net asset position and is still rich by any metric.
The 79 million voters though are the sane ones who aren't part of some crazy cult, they've tolerated watching Bush get off scot free, it'll be the same for Trump after a lot of moaning.
Anyway we'll see what happens time will be the judge of what happens.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2020, 08:08:59 pm »
While trump is nowhere near as rich as he claims per my understanding he's still in a net asset position and is still rich by any metric.
The 79 million voters though are the sane ones who aren't part of some crazy cult, they've tolerated watching Bush get off scot free, it'll be the same for Trump after a lot of moaning.

They cannot and will not risk Drumpf getting away with jack shit & the only person to blame for that is Drumpf himself.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2020, 08:41:31 pm »

Will you PLEASE stop trying to compare Bush and Trump?  Bush was a fool; Trump is outright corrupt, greedy for power and self aggrandisement. He is an utterly corrupt and monstrous individual who repeatedly tried to attack his own citizens.

Under Trump's watch, more than eighty times the number of American civilians have died than perished during 9/11.  There. Is. No. Comparison.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:39:51 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2020, 12:04:06 am »
This is why Trump and his must be prosecuted. This Glenn Kirschner video is quite different from his usual legal content. Well worth a watch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RXTJrCw6JAE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RXTJrCw6JAE</a>
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2020, 08:59:22 am »
^^^ will watch the video in a bit, but I just want to add that I think another reason Trump is stalling is that he knows Biden's Covid response will be better than his. I think he's allowing Americans to die to spite the President Elect.

If only they could make a charge of culpable homicide stick.

Popcorn's Art

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2020, 09:20:26 am »

Under Trump's watch, more than eight times the number of American civilians have died than perished during 9/11.  There. Is. No. Comparison.

Eighty

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2020, 09:38:56 am »
Eighty

Of course, how stupid of me.  Will edit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2020, 12:38:04 pm »
I don’t see him going down the pardon route because surely, surely, you can’t run for President after having admitted to using the power of the office to commit crimes during your previous term? Surely?  I mean, there must be something preventing that from happening.

I’ve no idea what he’ll do next but the one thing I’m pretty sure of is that he’s wedded to the idea of running again regardless of health etc. It gives him the adoration he craves and it’s a good grift for his c*nt kids.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2020, 01:53:23 pm »
I don’t see him going down the pardon route because surely, surely, you can’t run for President after having admitted to using the power of the office to commit crimes during your previous term? Surely?  I mean, there must be something preventing that from happening.

I’ve no idea what he’ll do next but the one thing I’m pretty sure of is that he’s wedded to the idea of running again regardless of health etc. It gives him the adoration he craves and it’s a good grift for his c*nt kids.

Another reason why he and his family cannot be allowed to walk away from this.  They will contaminate US politics for decades if that happens.

Trump's found the best license to print money since the invention of the televangelist - he's combined politics AND evangelism into a new cult-concept. He can't be allowed to exploit it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2020, 01:18:57 pm »
Biden hopes to avoid divisive Trump investigations, preferring unity

Biden has told aides that he's concerned that investigations would divide the country but that he would leave decisions up to an independent Justice Department.

By Carol E. Lee, Kristen Welker and Mike Memoli
WASHINGTON — President-elect Joe Biden has privately told advisers that he doesn't want his presidency to be consumed by investigations of his predecessor, according to five people familiar with the discussions, despite pressure from some Democrats who want inquiries into President Donald Trump, his policies and members of his administration.

Biden has raised concerns that investigations would further divide a country he is trying to unite and risk making every day of his presidency about Trump, said the sources, who spoke on background to offer details of private conversations.

They said he has specifically told advisers that he is wary of federal tax investigations of Trump or of challenging any orders Trump may issue granting immunity to members of his staff before he leaves office. One adviser said Biden has made it clear that he "just wants to move on."

Another Biden adviser said, "He's going to be more oriented toward fixing the problems and moving forward than prosecuting them."

Any decisions by Biden's Justice Department regarding Trump, his staff, his associates, his business or his policies wouldn't affect investigations by state officials, including Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., who has fought to obtain Trump's tax returns.

As Biden tries to balance his own inclinations with pressures from within his party, his advisers stressed that he is seeking to reset the dynamic between the White House and the Justice Department from what it has been under Trump.

Biden wants his Justice Department to function independently from the White House, aides said, and Biden isn't going to tell federal law enforcement officials whom or what to investigate or not to investigate.

"His overarching view is that we need to move the country forward," an adviser said. "But the most important thing on this is that he will not interfere with his Justice Department and not politicize his Justice Department."

A third Biden adviser said that when it comes to any Trump-related investigations, the expectation is "it's going to be very situational" and "depending on the merits." Broadly, Biden's priorities will be the economy, the coronavirus, climate change and race relations, not looking back at the Trump administration, an adviser said.

Presidents generally set the tone for what issues they believe should be priorities for the Justice Department, and questions about Trump-related investigations or retrospective reviews are expected to intensify as Biden gets closer to taking office.

"He can set a tone about what he thinks should be done," a Biden adviser said. But, the adviser said, "he's not going to be a president who directs the Justice Department one way or the other."

Biden's team is also reluctant to send any signal to Trump administration officials that the Justice Department wouldn't look into their actions, given that there are still nine weeks until the inauguration, another person briefed about the discussions said.

"While they're not looking for broad criminal indictments, they do want to make sure that people don't think there are no ramifications for any of their actions between now and the new presidency," this person said.

Emphasizing an arm's-length approach to the Justice Department could give Biden cover from criticism from his supporters about any lack of investigations into Trump, his policies or his staff. Democrats have sharply criticized Trump's direct influence on Justice Department investigations, including his calls for Biden and former President Barack Obama to be prosecuted over allegations of unspecified crimes. Pledging, as Biden has, not to interfere with federal investigations would be welcomed by many of his supporters.

But it will be difficult for Biden to avoid the issue altogether, given the expected calls for investigations into an array of issues involving Trump — from his administration's child separation policy to his taxes, possible conflicts of interest and potential violations of campaign finance law. The issue could set Biden on a collision course with some of his own supporters, who are eager for a wholesale examination of the Trump presidency.

"There's also a strong school of thought that believes the law's the law," a Biden adviser said, describing the internal debate.

Biden said many times during the campaign that he would leave any decision whether to prosecute Trump up to his attorney general. "If that was the judgment that he violated the law and he should be, in fact, criminally prosecuted, then so be it," he said during a debate in Atlanta. "But I would not direct it."

Biden has said he wouldn't pardon Trump should that become a realistic question.

Still, multiple aides said, Biden is generally not inclined to see his Justice Department investigate Trump.

One of the reasons he has given aides is that he believes investigations would alienate the more than 73 million Americans who voted for Trump, the people familiar with the discussions said. Some Democrats, however, have said Biden should be prioritizing the concerns of his supporters, not those of his detractors.

The delicate balance of answering to his own supporters and uniting the country is in part why Biden recognizes that his nominee for attorney general is "going to be one of the most consequential decisions he's going to make," an adviser said.

Biden has vowed to sign an executive order declaring that any member of his administration would be fired if found to "initiate, encourage, obstruct or otherwise improperly influence specific DOJ investigations or prosecutions for any reason."

The dilemma facing Biden is similar to the one Obama faced when he took office in 2009. Democrats were demanding the prosecution of Bush administration officials who were involved in policies that allowed enhanced interrogations, or torture, of terrorism suspects.

To appease those Democrats, Obama released memos about the controversial program and then publicly said he didn't support prosecuting Bush administration officials who devised or carried out the policies. He also rejected calls for a 9/11-style commission or a truth and reconciliation commission, like the one that examined apartheid in South Africa, to review the policies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/president-elect-biden-wary-trump-focused-investigations-sources-say-n1247959?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2020, 02:40:38 pm »
The partisan divide is so entrenched now there appears to be no more middle neutral ground. We can blame Fox or OANN but ultimately even the MSM have a case to answer. Take climate change for example. 99% of scientists agree that it’s happening and that it’s man made. But when the MSM hosts panel ‘discussions’ on the topic, in the interests of ‘journalistic balance’ they invite a denier to appear opposite a scientist who has done the research and analysed the data. How on earth is that representative of reality?! That is just one example. Why have given the lunatic right the oxygen of publicity?
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2020, 02:52:03 pm »
The partisan divide is so entrenched now there appears to be no more middle neutral ground. We can blame Fox or OANN but ultimately even the MSM have a case to answer. Take climate change for example. 99% of scientists agree that it’s happening and that it’s man made. But when the MSM hosts panel ‘discussions’ on the topic, in the interests of ‘journalistic balance’ they invite a denier to appear opposite a scientist who has done the research and analysed the data. How on earth is that representative of reality?! That is just one example. Why have given the lunatic right the oxygen of publicity?

Imagine if they did that for football panels

"We just heard from Souness about why playing 3 games a week for a couple months straight increases likelihood of injury. But for balance, here's an overweight man in his 50s who's never played football at any level to explain why footballers shouldn't get injured because they get paid a lot of money"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2020, 03:01:34 pm »
Imagine if they did that for football panels

"We just heard from Souness about why playing 3 games a week for a couple months straight increases likelihood of injury. But for balance, here's an overweight man in his 50s who's never played football at any level to explain why footballers shouldn't get injured because they get paid a lot of money"

Sky used to have exactly that, but he left when his mate Andy Gray got sacked for being sexist.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2020, 04:59:53 pm »
It's sensible for Biden to try and distance himself from any DoJ investigations.  Likewise it would be as improper for Biden to try and stop them investigating Trump as it was for Trump to try and compel them into investigating Biden.

This needs to be done, and Democrats can't shirk away from these difficult choices, because the Republicans are counting on them doing just that.

Popcorn's Art

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2020, 05:17:42 pm »
Even if Biden/the DoJ decide not to investigate any federal crimes, I'd be surprised is New York don't pursue him on the State charges. Any presidential pardon won't exempt him from state prosecution either.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2020, 05:34:54 pm »
The thought did just occur to me that there'd be something honestly delicious about Trump being offered a presidential pardon by Biden.  Just aside from it being an acknowledgement of wrongdoing.

I still fully expect him to be torched like molten wax though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2020, 06:24:32 pm »
It's sensible for Biden to try and distance himself from any DoJ investigations. 
Yep, now isn't the time for Biden to comment on anything inflammatory before he's even in office while Trumps base are stung. He's absolutely correct not to make it political.
Once a new administration is in place the DoJ can ease themselves in to a position of integrity and it would be negligent of them not to follow-up on the inevitable unearthing of criminality.
I'm happy for it all to be low key and expectation of convictions to be low. Tick-tock though, to the entire cabal, tick fucking tock.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2020, 07:01:50 pm »
Yep, John.  If Trump apparently tried to nuke Iran after losing the election, wtf would he do if Biden flat out said he was going to sic a gang of prosecutors on him the moment he leaves office?

Popcorn's Art

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2020, 08:18:55 pm »
Yep, John.  If Trump apparently tried to nuke Iran after losing the election, wtf would he do if Biden flat out said he was going to sic a gang of prosecutors on him the moment he leaves office?
Think the suggestion was that a conventional bombing strike should be launched against Iran's nuclear facility, not that he nuke Iran.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2020, 08:24:59 pm »
Think the suggestion was that a conventional bombing strike should be launched against Iran's nuclear facility, not that he nuke Iran.
Or a cyber attack.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2020, 08:42:40 pm »

That might be the case, but the question remains valid. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2020, 12:33:28 pm »
Can America Restore the Rule of Law Without Prosecuting Trump?

Donald Trump’s potential criminal liability is the key to understanding his presidency. When he leaves office, it will present the country with a historic dilemma.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/magazine/trump-investigations-criminal-prosecutions.html

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2021, 04:12:52 pm »
Fair enough, although I think most countries should have it pretty much under control by then.

Trump has had a whole year and done fuck all

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2021, 04:15:25 pm »
Joe's at the wheel.

signal-2021-01-23-164940" border="0
He’s absolutely right.  And I’m not sure what your point is.

There has been no plan for a year.  It will take months for any plan to take effect.  It’s a perfectly reasonable and sensible statement
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2021, 04:19:33 pm »
^^^ Aye.  Biden's people came in and found there was not even a basic plan for vaccine distribution.  They're having to build everything from scratch.  Trump did absolutely nothing - except try to wish the whole mess away and con his way out of it by telling everybody it was under control.

The man is guilty of negligible homicide. Four hundred thousand times.

And people say he's "not like Hitler".

Popcorn's Art

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2021, 04:58:28 pm »
^^^ Aye.  Biden's people came in and found there was not even a basic plan for vaccine distribution.  They're having to build everything from scratch.  Trump did absolutely nothing - except try to wish the whole mess away and con his way out of it by telling everybody it was under control.

Insurrection charges may be the least of his concerns, definitely arguments strengthening of some kind of gross misconduct in public office offence especially with the vaccine plan and therefore any plan to get out of the pandemic being non-existent.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2021, 05:05:29 pm »
Insurrection charges may be the least of his concerns, definitely arguments strengthening of some kind of gross misconduct in public office offence especially with the vaccine plan and therefore any plan to get out of the pandemic being non-existent.

And not just Trump, but Pence also - the supposed head of the Covid Task Force, ie "You take care of this Mike, I can't be arsed with it. It's boring now. "

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2021, 05:37:00 pm »

You can add to that - Biden's team was purposely blocked by Trumps people from doing anything during the transition.

Active sabotage.

Edit: which makes it almost 3 months lost in the fight
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 05:40:28 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2021, 07:47:54 pm »
Trump apparently thinks a threat to form a separate Patriot party will keep Republicans onside during the impeachment. Surely the converse is that if he can't run again himself you've cut the head off a fledgling party and can reclaim the GOP from the mega/maga-bastards for the run of the mill bastards.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2021, 08:11:42 pm »
He’s absolutely right.  And I’m not sure what your point is.

There has been no plan for a year.  It will take months for any plan to take effect.  It’s a perfectly reasonable and sensible statement
I agree with this, and Red Berry's reply.

I'm very much a casual observer of the mess that is America, but even to me it's been crystal clear that Trump has done little or nothing to address the Covid pandemic over there. His inactions have led to horrific numbers of deaths.

Now an adult has taken over the reins he is basically starting from scratch. He has to not only address the Covid crisis in his country, but also the shambolic mess that the previous incompetent left as he flew off into the sunset to 'My Way'. It's not as if he can ramp up and deliver what Trump had started as far as addressing the crisis is concerned. Trump did nothing, so a year into the worst pandemic in living memory, Biden is having to start from scratch. Credit to him for not bullshitting the population with soundbites and promises he cannot hope to keep. Acknowledging the size of the task and being honest is a good thing. I don't envy him his task, but one thing is for certain; he'll do infinitely better than the orange manchild ever did.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 08:13:40 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2021, 08:36:10 pm »
Trump apparently thinks a threat to form a separate Patriot party will keep Republicans onside during the impeachment. Surely the converse is that if he can't run again himself you've cut the head off a fledgling party and can reclaim the GOP from the mega/maga-bastards for the run of the mill bastards.

There are several schools of thought on this.  The ideal scenario is that a Patriot Party peels the lunatic fringe away from the Republicans, allowing them to drift back to centre right.  This discourages disillusioned right wingers from joining the Democrats and pulling them to the right, allowing for more left wing discourse and some clear water between the two parties.

The issue for Republicans is that right now they feel they NEED those lunatics to hold power; so they may be prepared to indulge them in order to maintain influence.  They're not prepared to go through the necessary growing pains that realigning the Republican party away from the fringe would entail, which is what Trump is banking on.  That would allow him to remain defacto leader, even if he's barred from standing again.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2021, 08:43:28 pm »
Fair enough, although I think most countries should have it pretty much under control by then.

That's wishful thinking unfortunately. Some countries may have it under control by then but most probably won't until at least the end of the year I reckon.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2021, 09:05:55 pm »
That's wishful thinking unfortunately. Some countries may have it under control by then but most probably won't until at least the end of the year I reckon.

A lot depends on how quickly the US can get mass-vaccinations off the ground.  Our government has been highly incompetent, but if we're already vaccinating upwards of half a million people a day then we have a strong chance of bringing our situation under control by the autumn.  Trump has done absolutely zip though, so it all has to be done by Biden.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2021, 09:19:16 pm »
Trump Downfall show on bbc2 worth watching right now.  Frottage and his ilk waxing lyrical pre election and then the results start to turn.  Glorious.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2021, 09:39:07 pm »
The very same obvious thought occurred to me when I heard that. Trump's stupidity is monumental.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2021, 09:42:40 pm »
There are several schools of thought on this.  The ideal scenario is that a Patriot Party peels the lunatic fringe away from the Republicans, allowing them to drift back to centre right.  This discourages disillusioned right wingers from joining the Democrats and pulling them to the right, allowing for more left wing discourse and some clear water between the two parties.

The issue for Republicans is that right now they feel they NEED those lunatics to hold power; so they may be prepared to indulge them in order to maintain influence.  They're not prepared to go through the necessary growing pains that realigning the Republican party away from the fringe would entail, which is what Trump is banking on.  That would allow him to remain defacto leader, even if he's barred from standing again.
The first school is the adult, long game. But, this is the Republican party. So, it is your second 'school' which is the correct one here. This can only encourage the Republican's to impeach Trump. Besides, deep down, they now know how dangerous a game they have been playing. If Trump wins, they lose too.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2021, 09:44:55 pm »

Statements like this make me uncomfortable.

Trump, for as bad and incompetent as he is/was, is not responsible for 400,000 deaths. The number he can be “blamed” for? No idea, it’s impossible to quantify. There’s been failure at local, state, regional and national levels, Republican AND Democrat. Failure at the human level for people choosing not to socially distance or choosing to not wear masks. Deaths attributed to humans not fully understanding the virus and how it works, especially at the beginning of 2020. It’s a complex, multi-faceted failure, not even factoring in so many deaths that are/were just not preventable.

He’s not like Hiter and it’s not comparable. It’s incredibly disingenuous, at best.   
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2021, 09:47:31 pm »

Seth Rogen                @Sethrogen

"You literally inspired a deadly insurrection you stupid fuck."

Ted Cruz                      @tedcruz

"All jokes aside, @Sethrogen is a moron.

It’s your party that believes in govt power: to shut your business, to oppress your faith & to censor your speech.

Anyone who disagrees, they try to cancel.

BTW, a lot of folks in Hollywood are conservative—& muzzled by the fascist Left."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2021, 10:19:19 pm »
Seth Rogen                @Sethrogen

"You literally inspired a deadly insurrection you stupid fuck."

Ted Cruz                      @tedcruz

"All jokes aside, @Sethrogen is a moron.

It’s your party that believes in govt power: to shut your business, to oppress your faith & to censor your speech.

Anyone who disagrees, they try to cancel.

BTW, a lot of folks in Hollywood are conservative—& muzzled by the fascist Left."
Who is responding to who in this conversation please?

It always confuses me when quotes are taken from Twitter as they're usually back to front but sometimes it's hard to tell.

And who is Seth Rogen?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2021, 10:34:36 pm »
Statements like this make me uncomfortable.

Trump, for as bad and incompetent as he is/was, is not responsible for 400,000 deaths. The number he can be “blamed” for? No idea, it’s impossible to quantify. There’s been failure at local, state, regional and national levels, Republican AND Democrat. Failure at the human level for people choosing not to socially distance or choosing to not wear masks. Deaths attributed to humans not fully understanding the virus and how it works, especially at the beginning of 2020. It’s a complex, multi-faceted failure, not even factoring in so many deaths that are/were just not preventable.

He’s not like Hiter and it’s not comparable. It’s incredibly disingenuous, at best.

I have to disagree with you mate.  The only reason Trump is not like Hitler (or Mussolini for that matter) is that the system was able to resist the pressure he piled on it in an attempt to break it. It is not for a lack of intent.

As for the deaths you can lay at Trump's feet?  Well, he politicised mask use; he refused to wear one, believing it to be "weak".  He refused to set an example that his own followers would take note of.  Then, Republican governors gleefully piled onto their President's bandwagon and actively worked to slow and stall an effective response towards Covid, accusing Democrats of making the issue political.  You have the likes of Florida actively suppressing Covid-death data in an attempt to cover up the magnitude of what's going on, with governors declaring the crisis to be over, even as hospitals are on the verge of collapse. The CDC guidelines  being binned and forcefully rewritten; state set against state; Jared fucking Kushner claiming the medical stockpile is THEIRS.  And they're just the examples I can think of off the top of my head.

It was more than systematic failure.  It was deliberate.

This is the situation, this is the reality, and this is what should make you feel uncomfortable.  You don't like the idea of your political leaders being accused of culpable/negligent homicide.  But there is a difference between a failure - which has indeed occurred on some levels - and premeditated indifference. I don't think you will be able to accuse many senior Democrats of such wilful negligence, even as Republicans claimed Covid would magically disappear as an issue post-election.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 10:39:12 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art