Author Topic: Pros and cons of new stadiums vs redevelopment.  (Read 28155 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2020, 11:59:16 pm »
What's your point,you not happy about us staying in one of the most famous stadiums on the planet ?

As for the rest,who gives a shit about Arsenal and their boring bowl ?

Simply that there are pros and cons to redevelopment versus a new build.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2020, 12:24:43 am »
Quickly
Simply that there are pros and cons to redevelopment versus a new build.

No cons for me as articulated so beautifully in this recent thread with its paeans to our wondrous Anfield home

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344765.msg17049412#msg17049412

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2020, 11:25:21 am »
Ah, I hadn't read up on their refinancing deal. Does that not seem like a bit of a millstone? £640m sitting their untouched?

Short answer, no it won't be an issue for them. The financing they've agreed covers them for between 15 and 30 years and £20m-30m per season for a football club turning over £400-500m isn't going to hold them back. Interest rates are incredilby low right now however and who knows what they'll be in 15+ years when Spurs have to start refinancing some of this debt but equally, who knows how much clubs will be turning over in 15 years time too.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2020, 12:21:33 pm »
If any mod can be arsed (and don't blame you if you can't) we we split this shite off somewhere (bin?) which doesn't distract from updates with regards to the Anny Rd?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2020, 12:22:50 pm »
So the only negatives you can think of for Anfield are the opportunity cost of not moving grounds forty years ago and making better bank?

I think the use of the word negatives instead of negative and the using 'not least' suggests otherwise.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2020, 12:25:20 pm »
Who cares what direction Spurs and United are taking, the ARE will help redevelop Anfield even further.

Can we get back on track to discuss the Anfield Road Extension?
Can't wait fo this to happen, bit by bit FSG are building a dynasty.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2020, 12:30:58 pm »
I think the use of the word negatives instead of negative and the using 'not least' suggests otherwise.

Yeah but you didn't cite more, you just said 'not least' which doesn't really shed any light. What other negatives were there?

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2020, 12:52:49 pm »
Fucking hell... keep checking thinking theres a new update and its more drivel. Who gives a shit about pros and cons of a decision thats already been taken?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Pros and cons of new stadiums vs redevelopment.
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2020, 12:56:21 pm »
All bollocks in here.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Pros and cons of new stadiums vs redevelopment.
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2020, 01:15:02 pm »
I'm genuinely happy about the choice FSG made, the spiritual home of the club,  the retention of the atmosphere married to much improved facilities.  For those of you who haven't been to a match in the main stand, I very much recommend it. I experienced it as a tourist of course,  and apart from the very high standards , which I couldn't pay for every week, I must mention the staff. The sheer number of them was impressive,  but not so much as the personal care & attention they gave.

We've all seen the problems of new builds can have, from basic building standards to the difficulties of retaining atmosphere & creating an identity. I can only guess the smug clown from Atletico Madrid hasn't been to the new Anfield.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2020, 02:48:25 pm »
I'm no architect. But personally, I think they should re-route Walton Breck Road through the stadium. Like they did in Japan. But that's just me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2020, 02:58:03 pm »
Bring back this bad boy I tells ya!

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2020, 03:02:41 pm »
I can't find the article unfortunately, but a few years ago an Arsenal director (who was unnamed) said that had they known how much TV & prize money were to increase they wouldn't have left Highbury.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2020, 03:38:15 pm »
So is this the real cake or the one for Homer to ruin?  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2020, 04:14:02 pm »

Please don't. It was a fucking awful design commissioned by a pair of shysters. An NFL stadium not a football ground.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2020, 04:23:41 pm »
Split and merged into a new thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2020, 05:29:56 pm »
Please don't. It was a fucking awful design commissioned by a pair of shysters. An NFL stadium not a football ground.

Also 60k so lower than what we're going to get anyway, and there was no scope to upgrade from there as I recall.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2020, 05:31:02 pm »
Also 60k so lower than what we're going to get anyway, and there was no scope to upgrade from there as I recall.

Yeah had ability to go to 73k I believe as had this ridiculously small end.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2020, 05:46:26 pm »
Yeah had ability to go to 73k I believe as had this ridiculously small end.

That was the theory - we'd have been a laughing stock if that thing had been built.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2020, 06:29:03 pm »

The best thing about that picture is it looks like Goodison has been demolished and replaced with green space.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2020, 08:12:21 pm »
I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen pictures of the inside.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2020, 08:56:26 pm »

Was mostly unicorns and leprechauns.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2020, 09:59:34 pm »

They had quality renders of the inside. Must of been where most of the £50m was spent.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2020, 10:36:12 pm »
Quickly
No cons for me as articulated so beautifully in this recent thread with its paeans to our wondrous Anfield home

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344765.msg17049412#msg17049412

Nor me,absolutely zero cons on staying but a never ending list for knocking her down and building a new soulless bowl.

Not even debatable imo.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2020, 11:46:22 pm »
They had quality renders of the inside. Must of been where most of the £50m was spent.

That is about as basic a model and render as you could get. The detail is minimal and I could reproduce that from scratch for a few grand. Bung a few textures on it, green pitch and blue sky, set it to render and job done.

I started a thread on everything that was wrong with it but fortunately H&G were fucked off before it was built.

And when did the Kop ever need a sunroof? Or open sides to let the noise out.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2020, 01:14:49 am »
Spurs mate have the best stadium in the world on standards and facilities but we have the best stadium in the world for history and atmosphere and once this Anny Rd is done we'll be on a level capacity with the likes of Spurs and Arsenal who have spent hundreds of millions to reach this level but at what cost?

Should we have done it years ago? 100%. We should have followed United's lead when they were expanding Old Trafford but we were run by fools back then. We were run by cowboys after that and they fucked us over. Now we're run by arguably the best owners in football (in my opinion) and we are expanding this great stadium for a fraction of the cost of a new soulless bowl (Emirates definitely, Spurs ground and Everton's new ground are 3/4 bowls with a knock off Kop/Yellow Wall). 61,000 expanded Anfield, brand new state of the art training facilities to help the team and bring the youth teams closer to the first team (well vice versa) and we are still able to sign world class players when we need to and win the biggest trophies in football

Absolute no brainer and absolutely no cons of redeveloping Anfield

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2020, 02:30:11 am »
What the badgery fucking shit is everyone droning on about?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2020, 03:53:57 am »
That is about as basic a model and render as you could get. The detail is minimal and I could reproduce that from scratch for a few grand. Bung a few textures on it, green pitch and blue sky, set it to render and job done.

I started a thread on everything that was wrong with it but fortunately H&G were fucked off before it was built.

And when did the Kop ever need a sunroof? Or open sides to let the noise out.

Probably the funniest bit is that the piss poor interiors were probably the highlight of the presentation. The exterior renders looked as if they were photoshoped straight from the set of Thunderbirds.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2020, 09:16:28 am »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2020, 01:17:35 pm »
Watched that Richards Hammonds Big programme this morning on the new Spurs Stadium. Very impressive engineering, the design to make to crowd sound louder, the way the roof was lifted, the NFL pitch under the Premier League pitch and the way it splits into 3 to be rolled out into the car park. Amazing place for 62,000 people to sit and watch shite football in.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2020, 01:22:35 pm »
Or a total waste of money if they don’t get any more than 2 games a season.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2020, 01:42:54 pm »
Or a total waste of money if they don’t get any more than 2 games a season.

I meant the premier league team  ;)

Agree though, its an huge waste of time effort and money if they aren't going to get a Franchise and play a full NFL season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2020, 02:42:39 pm »
I meant the premier league team  ;)

Agree though, its an huge waste of time effort and money if they aren't going to get a Franchise and play a full NFL season.

I just don’t understand why a club would go ahead and get all that work done to accommodate an NFL team without actually having a deal in the bag with an actual NFL team or other potential team / franchise (whatever the fuck they’re called) to use those facilities.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »
Watched that Richards Hammonds Big programme this morning on the new Spurs Stadium. Very impressive engineering, the design to make to crowd sound louder, the way the roof was lifted, the NFL pitch under the Premier League pitch and the way it splits into 3 to be rolled out into the car park. Amazing place for 62,000 people to sit and watch shite football in.

Still looks like a toilet.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2020, 07:21:21 pm »
Still looks like a toilet.

You must have a really big arse. ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2020, 09:27:57 am »
Wenger was left in no doubt about makes the difference for Liverpool.

"If Liverpool have changed games in Europe, for a big part it's down to Anfield," he said to beIN Sport

It's the hardest place in Europe. It's the only place now you can take a corner and shake hands with supporters!

"You can say 'hello my brother, how are you?' and continue to play football. That's a real football field, you know.

"Today we build sophisticated stadiums but that is a stadium with soul, with pressure really on the opponent."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2020, 09:40:03 am »
Wenger was left in no doubt about makes the difference for Liverpool.

"If Liverpool have changed games in Europe, for a big part it's down to Anfield," he said to beIN Sport

It's the hardest place in Europe. It's the only place now you can take a corner and shake hands with supporters!

"You can say 'hello my brother, how are you?' and continue to play football. That's a real football field, you know.

"Today we build sophisticated stadiums but that is a stadium with soul, with pressure really on the opponent."

Used to sit in the 3rd row of the Kemlyn and you'd have banter with the players or trade insults, they hear every word that is said/shouted. It does affect players when whole rows are stood giving them dogs, or even daft things like someone grinning at them ad taking their time as they throw them the ball back.

The big bowls might be as impressive as anything but they lose the things that the home side needs.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2020, 09:45:30 am »
Used to sit in the 3rd row of the Kemlyn and you'd have banter with the players or trade insults, they hear every word that is said/shouted. It does affect players when whole rows are stood giving them dogs, or even daft things like someone grinning at them ad taking their time as they throw them the ball back.

The big bowls might be as impressive as anything but they lose the things that the home side needs.

Goodison is a tough ground to play at because they're arseholes and are right on top of you.  It can affect the ref and lino as well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 09:47:34 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2020, 10:27:20 am »
Goodison is a tough ground to play at because they're arseholes and are right on top of you.  It can affect the ref and lino as well.

And their own players

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2020, 12:02:01 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)