Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454825 times)

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64240 on: November 21, 2021, 11:57:01 pm »
The population density has a secondary effect. One can compare metropolis areas like NY and LA, and indeed there are differences with more uniformly spread population, but they are not the driving factor.

I'd argue that scaling with per capita income compares social systems, but does not offer insight on the actions taken to slow or stop the spread of Covid. Yeah, the US would probably be the shittiest country, if the oil-rich Arab states don't skew the picture. But that's a different topic.

Regarding best policies, my personal opinion is that there is no clear answer. What if countries for which "Covid does not exist" reach heard immunity soon while others keep prolonging that with control measures, and as a result have Covid "controlled" for a decade? The cumulative deaths per capita might sway one way or the other. And yes, I know that there is a debate whether or not heard immunity is attainable. Anyway, there are so many arguments and opinions based on so little data that no other science field would consider credible enough justification... If the answer was obvious, all countries will take the same actions.

At this stage very few countries are still trying to control Covid in the sense of aiming for suppression or "Zero Covid" its more a case now of bringing in controls when the situation with the health service threatens to become untenable, Covid will be an endemic disease for the forseeable future.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64241 on: November 22, 2021, 08:22:03 am »
できますか イベルメクチン 通販

レビューしてください

That's easy for you to say    ;)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64242 on: November 22, 2021, 08:38:16 am »
Fat c*nt doesn't give a fuck, utter vile piece of shit. This was last Thursday on a train that serves the train station near where I live.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 07:04:45 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64243 on: November 22, 2021, 10:59:05 am »
Fat c*nt doesn't give a fuck, utter vile piece of shit. This was last Thursday on a train that serves the train station where I work.

He really is a mouth breathing piece of shit.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64244 on: November 22, 2021, 11:03:02 am »
My lad's mum finally wore him down and he decided against getting the jab yesterday.

I've told him throughout that it's his decision whether he gets it or not (whilst obviously making him aware of the benefits and downside to not getting it), so he's just going to wait until he turns 16 to get it as her argument basically centres around myocarditis and the JCVI not recommending 12-15 year olds get jabbed  ::)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:04:42 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64245 on: November 22, 2021, 11:04:54 am »
Fat c*nt doesn't give a fuck, utter vile piece of shit. This was last Thursday on a train that serves the train station where I work.

The next stop is fucked.

How apt.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64246 on: November 22, 2021, 12:04:57 pm »
From my quick scanning of the map at the bottom of this article it seems like the cases rates are almost reversed from where they were for most of the pandemic e.g. the large urban centres are showing lower case rates than the more rural areas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

If you zoom in to just show England then, in most cases, if the place is large enough to merit its place name being put onto the map then it's orange (200-399 cases per 100,000).  Everywhere else is red (400-999 cases per 100,000).  As someone living in the Midlands this is very apparent as Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and Birmingham cities were always amongst the worst affected - I think Leicester was under lockdown for over a year! - but now all faring better than their surrounding counties.

Herd immunity??

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #64247 on: November 22, 2021, 12:25:16 pm »

I have no words for this lying corrupt mutha f*****  :no

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64248 on: November 22, 2021, 12:41:30 pm »
The population density has a secondary effect. One can compare metropolis areas like NY and LA, and indeed there are differences with more uniformly spread population, but they are not the driving factor.

I'd argue that scaling with per capita income compares social systems, but does not offer insight on the actions taken to slow or stop the spread of Covid. Yeah, the US would probably be the shittiest country, if the oil-rich Arab states don't skew the picture. But that's a different topic.

Regarding best policies, my personal opinion is that there is no clear answer. What if countries for which "Covid does not exist" reach heard immunity soon while others keep prolonging that with control measures, and as a result have Covid "controlled" for a decade? The cumulative deaths per capita might sway one way or the other. And yes, I know that there is a debate whether or not heard immunity is attainable. Anyway, there are so many arguments and opinions based on so little data that no other science field would consider credible enough justification... If the answer was obvious, all countries will take the same actions.
What it boils down to is that the countries that will emerge with better numbers when looking at mortality will be those that had the smallest proportion of their population exposed to the virus while it was still a novel virus for their immune systems. In particular the proportion of the over 65's that were exposed when naive to the virus and more so the proportion of over 80's.

Some countries took a bigger hit when this was novel for everyone and so had higher mortality initially. Others took a smaller hit in mortality initially, due to various mitigation actions. Of those, some have gone on to have high vaccination rates so the proportion that will be first exposed when the virus is novel to them will be low going forward. They should continue to have lower mortality. Some however have insufficient vaccination levels, they will see ongoing high mortality levels as immune systems are still naive to the virus.

The three key times for where countries end up numbers-wise with regard to mortality figures will be the 1) the time pre vaccine, particularly the Spring and Winter of 2020. The higher the proportion of older groups that got infected, the higher the mortality. 2) the vaccine rollout from January this year. The quicker it was rolled out the lower the mortality, but more importantly the higher the take-up in the older groups is the key. A significant number refusing it in these groups will lead to higher mortality, perhaps not in a spike like 2020 but more spread out over time. They'll get infected eventually. 3) the rollout of the third dose. Same applies to this as to the initial vaccination. Quicker rollout on 5-6 months will give lower mortality, higher take-up and coverage likewise. Due to the timing of the initial vaccination program this roll out with the 6 months hitting as we head into winter will play a huge part in determining where countries end up at the end of this. Countries that fail here will see mortality levels as high or higher as those who took the big hits in Spring 2020. And some of course who took a big hit in Spring 2020 will take another big hit now.

That's my take on it. Those three periods are crucial. Countries will have some differences due to types of vaccine used, general health of their population, access to the new treatments coming online, etc. But the big factors will be their response during those 3 time periods. The country that has their older groups see this virus for the first time while it's novel for them (or their protection has waned) will end up with the worst mortality - even if it's not recorded accurately in their official figures, it will have occurred.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #64249 on: November 22, 2021, 02:28:59 pm »
Booster booked, which feels like good timing. COVID is ripping through my kid's school.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64250 on: November 22, 2021, 04:29:58 pm »
44,917 new cases & 45 deaths.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64251 on: November 22, 2021, 04:47:59 pm »
Booster booked, which feels like good timing. COVID is ripping through my kid's school.

Same on I think counts here. Booster on 22nd Dec, reckon I’ll have caught it by then!

15 off in my daughter’s year with it. She has a bad cough but all tests including PCR have been negative. Kept her off today but all feels a bit of a matter of time.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #64252 on: November 22, 2021, 04:55:15 pm »
Same on I think counts here. Booster on 22nd Dec, reckon I’ll have caught it by then!

15 off in my daughter’s year with it. She has a bad cough but all tests including PCR have been negative. Kept her off today but all feels a bit of a matter of time.

Similarly, eldest has a cough but has tested negative so far. Didn't take her to any weekend sports\activities and off today. Meant to go into the office on Wednesday but think I'll cancel that.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #64253 on: November 22, 2021, 06:13:53 pm »

Breathing his big fat Etonian breath over every fucker.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64254 on: November 22, 2021, 06:15:54 pm »
German Health Minister telling it like it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59378548

Germany's health minister has issued his starkest warning yet on the importance of getting vaccinated.

"By the end of this winter everyone in Germany will either be vaccinated, recovered or dead," Jens Spahn told a news conference in Berlin on Monday.

Germany is in the grip of a fourth wave of coronavirus. Cases are rising rapidly and many hospitals are full.

It has one of the lowest vaccination rates in Western Europe, with 68% of people fully vaccinated.

Germany's infection rate is at its highest since the pandemic began, and health experts have warned this wave could be the worst yet.

In the past 24 hours, there have been 30,643 new infections - 7,000 more than a week ago. This is among the highest rates in the world.

Tighter restrictions are to be brought in which will see the unvaccinated excluded from certain venues, and some Germany's famed Christmas markets have been cancelled.

Mr Spahn said he was against making Covid vaccines compulsory, but that it was a "moral obligation" to get the jab because it impacts on other people.

"Freedom means taking responsibility, and there is a duty to society to get vaccinated," he said.

The minister said the highly contagious Delta variant is driving the latest wave and that "anyone who is not vaccinated will, over the next few months, become infected and lack protection".

In the news conference on Monday, Mr Spahn also promoted the US-made Moderna shot, calling it the Rolls Royce of vaccines, as high demand for the German-produced Pfizer/BioNTech jabs risked depleting stocks.

He warned that some 16 million Moderna doses could expire in the next few months if they are not used.

The country expects the European Union to approve vaccines for children aged five to 11 by the end of the week.

Since the start of the pandemic, more than 99,000 people in Germany have died, and more than 5.4 million have been infected with Covid-19.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64255 on: November 22, 2021, 06:18:43 pm »

The bloke is an utter fuckwit of the highest order, I have always despised Tories, Thatcher was the first one I remember and I used to think there couldn't possibly be anyone worse than her but this bloke takes my contempt to a new level.  Why anyone would even consider voting for this Clown and his ilk, let alone actually doing it is beyond me.

It really is a shame it survived it's encounter with CoVid

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64256 on: November 22, 2021, 06:24:49 pm »
Had the booster on Sat, and other than a very slight sore arm yesterday I've felt fine. GF is 28 so doubt she's in line to get a booster anytime soon, but she caught it in Oct so will have some added protection I expect. Parents had the booster a few weeks ago, and both sisters have it booked this week, so thankfully those around me have had it leading up to Xmas.

Will go for the flu jab next week and just give myself some added protection from that I think too.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64257 on: November 22, 2021, 07:08:37 pm »
Got our boosters tomorrow afternoon, can't come soon enough seeing as almost no-one wears a mask now.

I was coming out of Hartshead Moor services on Saturday, following a lady talking on a mobile and wearing a mask and this maskless c*nt walking in coughs into his hand, and I heard her say to whoever was on the phone "he coughed right in my face, he coughed in my face".
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64258 on: November 22, 2021, 07:09:26 pm »
For someone that overthinks a lot to my detriment I need to stick to that at times.

Likewise, and it’s now my signature
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64259 on: November 22, 2021, 07:10:03 pm »
Booked my booster for December…. Good to get it in there
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64260 on: November 22, 2021, 07:20:08 pm »
Booked my booster for December…. Good to get it in there

Was supposed to have mine today but pushed it back by a week when all those stories started about people getting tuned away if their appointment was before 181 days.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64261 on: November 22, 2021, 07:53:24 pm »
He just turned up, all guns blazing. It was never going to end well.

Dammit, I miss all the good shit. :(

Wish we could have a thread dedicated to the best deleted posts from other threads. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64262 on: November 22, 2021, 08:03:55 pm »
It's funny how these clowns refuse to wear a mask when asked to in a pandemic, but are quite happy to mask up while throwing bricks at police.

We are talking about entitled, immature, selfish people who are stamping their feet and saying "we'll do what we want, not what you ask."

I'm convinced that you get these types to do something just by telling them they can't do it.

Tell them they can't have the vaccine and they'll be on the streets screaming to have it as their right.
Tell them not to wear masks and they'll wear one just to spite you. Ask them to wear a mask to help protect vulnerable others and they go apeshit, but they'll then be happy to mask up fully while they riot on the streets.

Does my head in, mate.  One of my closest friends is into anti-vax, anti-mask bullshit.  She takes isolated reports about adverse reactions completely out of context and says she can't wear a mask because of her asthma - even though she wore one originally, and two other of my friends with asthma always mask up.  I reckon she just doesn't like being told what to do.

The arrogance of some of them too, outright mocking the rest of us as being good little sheep.  Society is a social fucking contract, and if you want to be a part of it sometimes you have to do what's asked of you. Too many people want to cherry pick these days.

These people are expecting society to get back to normal off the back of people taking action that they themselves refuse to take, and I can't call one of them out on it, because I know I'll get fucking torched, and I just cannot be arsed hanging myself out to dry like that. I don't need the grief.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64263 on: November 22, 2021, 08:05:21 pm »
The bloke is an utter fuckwit of the highest order, I have always despised Tories, Thatcher was the first one I remember and I used to think there couldn't possibly be anyone worse than her but this bloke takes my contempt to a new level.  Why anyone would even consider voting for this Clown and his ilk, let alone actually doing it is beyond me.

It really is a shame it survived it's encounter with CoVid

The way he's arsing around, he might face a second round, booster notwithstanding.

Popcorn's Art

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64264 on: November 22, 2021, 08:33:36 pm »
The way he's arsing around, he might face a second round, booster notwithstanding.

He had his first dose on the same day as me (coincidentally at the same place too) so should be due his booster soon.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64265 on: November 22, 2021, 08:42:21 pm »
Does my head in, mate.  One of my closest friends is into anti-vax, anti-mask bullshit.  She takes isolated reports about adverse reactions completely out of context and says she can't wear a mask because of her asthma - even though she wore one originally, and two other of my friends with asthma always mask up.  I reckon she just doesn't like being told what to do.

The arrogance of some of them too, outright mocking the rest of us as being good little sheep.  Society is a social fucking contract, and if you want to be a part of it sometimes you have to do what's asked of you. Too many people want to cherry pick these days.

These people are expecting society to get back to normal off the back of people taking action that they themselves refuse to take, and I can't call one of them out on it, because I know I'll get fucking torched, and I just cannot be arsed hanging myself out to dry like that. I don't need the grief.

Yeah thats a load of bollocks that, my wife has asthma and still wears a mask - she sometimes struggles in hot shops, but she can wear one fine most of the time

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64266 on: November 22, 2021, 09:30:06 pm »
It's weird, the same fuckheads who refuse to wear masks are the same fuckheads which will make the most noise if we ever went back into lockdown - despite directly contributing to it.

Honestly wish we'd make it mandatory already, could do without the thousands of additional deaths and empty football stadiums come February.

:D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64267 on: November 22, 2021, 10:10:22 pm »

The legacy of Thatcher - 'There's no such thing as society'.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64268 on: November 22, 2021, 10:25:47 pm »
What is the situation with boosters? Should you get one straight away or is it to wait 6 months until your 2nd one?

Also some of these European countries like Austria, do their citizens like lockdowns? Maybe they do, hence their shite vaccination rates.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64269 on: November 22, 2021, 10:31:42 pm »
What is the situation with boosters? Should you get one straight away or is it to wait 6 months until your 2nd one?
you have to wait 6 months at the moment, you won't get it otherwise

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64270 on: November 22, 2021, 10:54:23 pm »
you have to wait 6 months at the moment, you won't get it otherwise

I've heard over 40s are eligible now, but I guess that can mean over 40s who are also six months down from their second dose? Had my second around the end of June, ten weeks or so after my first.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #64271 on: November 22, 2021, 11:01:05 pm »
Yeah over 40s are eligible for a booster but has to be those six months after the second jab.
Got mine booked in for December

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64272 on: November 22, 2021, 11:18:33 pm »
Unless you go to a drop in it seems hard work trying to get a booster jab by L18.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64273 on: November 22, 2021, 11:27:32 pm »
Asthma excuse is bullshit. Only time I found it affecting my asthma is when I wore one while cycling between shops. But unless you’re doing anything strenuous, there are no real issues.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64274 on: November 22, 2021, 11:42:09 pm »
Asthma excuse is bullshit. Only time I found it affecting my asthma is when I wore one while cycling between shops. But unless you’re doing anything strenuous, there are no real issues.

I think it's disingenuous to portray asthma as a condition where it effects everyone in the same way. Everyone has different triggers for it with hyperventilation being one of them.

I think it's probably bullshit all the same but it's not really a mad claim.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64275 on: November 22, 2021, 11:46:37 pm »
Numbers in Germany are not nice and they will keep going up for quite a while. Some states have brought heavy restrictions back in. It is not nationwide (yet), but there are cases where hospitals struggle and it will get much worse before it gets better. Seen a few interviews with hospital staff in the past few days and one nurse said "I look at these people, fighting for their lives and I am thinking, if you had been vaccinated you would not be here in my ward, relying on me helping you survive. You would be sitting at home with a bad cold and a few crappy days and not much more." Her tone of voice was a cross between almost starting to cry due to exhaustion and wanting to scream out her frustration and anger. It breaks your heart seeing these health workers and doctors at and beyond breaking point. Apart from a small percentage of vaccinated older patients and those with risk factors, it is mainly unvaccinated younger and mostly healthy people in Germany's ICU beds. It is utter madness and so so not necessary. It makes me incredibly sad for the personnel in hospitals, who have had an utterly horrible year and a half, and makes me mad at the sheer fuckwittery of so many.

German football also has a fresh scandal: Football manager Markus Anfang left Werder Bremen (basically before he got sacked), because he is being investigated for falsifying his vaccination pass. Apparently there are contradictions with the details given for his jabs (there is a number from a batch that was never actually used, the date of the first jab says he got it in Cologne in April - on a day when he was hundreds of miles to the east at an away game with his then club Darmstadt). If it turns out that he really did lie about his vaccination this would be despicable: After showing his vaccination pass in Bremen he was (according to media reports) excempt from constant testing... and he worked with club staff and players at close quarters, he sat with them for lunch and so forth. His co manager is also being looked at and has resigned.

And this is just one example of millions of people with access to decent and scientific information who after more than 20 months still have not understood what this virus does and what the word pandemic means and how vaccines work and how you behave responsibly in society. So much stupidity and selfishness... some of these days I really wonder how in the world we made it this far as a species. Maybe simply by blunt force and overwhelming this planet with our sheer numbers.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:54:47 pm by lamad »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64276 on: November 23, 2021, 12:06:27 am »

The pandemic has shown a lot of people up for what they really are. We really do live in a world predominantly populated with entitled, selfish and lazy people.

In principle, I'm all for individuality. I'm all for people deciding for themselves what is right for them. But I'm also aware that we, as individuals, have a responsibility to wider society as a whole too. Sometimes, we just have to put the greater good first, and stop thinking only of ourselves.

I know Howard mentioned Thatcher, and I agree with him. Of course, selfishness was around long before her and will be around long after she popped her clogs, but she championed it as a virtue. She saw it as a quality. Maybe it is, if you're a sociopath, but it doesn't work if we want a decent, functional and mutually supportive society. To people like her, there is no society. There is just the cult of self and selfishness, and it that ideology which leads to this breed of horribly entitled, selfish people who think life revolves around just them and who feel there is no need for them to have any kind of social conscience.

As you say, they want everything to be back to normal, but they want everyone but themselves to have to make the necessary sacrifices.

Regarding asthma, my brother has it and wears a mask in public all the time. Other people I know who struggle with masks have used visors instead. If there is a will, there's a way. If there is no will, there are handy excuses galore, it seems.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:10:56 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64277 on: November 23, 2021, 03:51:13 am »
Can UK avoid a Europe-style return to lockdown?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59378849

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64278 on: November 23, 2021, 07:32:27 am »
Unless you go to a drop in it seems hard work trying to get a booster jab by L18.

I live on the Wirral now, and I have been offered a few Liverpool locations for a booster, including the Pier Head and Anfield.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64279 on: November 23, 2021, 08:03:49 am »
If you show Covid symptoms is a LFT result accurate?