Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454651 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63520 on: October 27, 2021, 06:59:20 pm »
So I'm positive on PCR and girlfriend negative.

Lost my taste and smell this afternoon so was expecting it.

Feel really tired now like my eyelids are drooping.
Good luck mate.

I got the tiredness.  Don’t fight it, plenty of sleep will do you right
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63521 on: October 27, 2021, 08:27:55 pm »
Good luck mate.

I got the tiredness.  Don’t fight it, plenty of sleep will do you right

Im more concerned with the taste and smell. Hope it comes back soon!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63522 on: October 27, 2021, 10:13:00 pm »
It's just like the flu
Learn to live with it
More tests than anyone else
False positive

And so on and so forth..

Don't forget '99%' etc.

Offline villagelife

• 100 degree villageidiot
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63523 on: October 27, 2021, 10:20:49 pm »

i had it in January, ive still not got my taste and smell back, and I go from energised to lethatgic in the space of a minute.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #63524 on: October 28, 2021, 12:39:38 am »
So I'm positive on PCR and girlfriend negative.

Lost my taste and smell this afternoon so was expecting it.

Feel really tired now like my eyelids are drooping.

Sorry to hear that. All the best for a full and speedy recovery.

I went down with it in the last week of August, and my taste and smell are nowhere near back to normal yet. I'd say only about 5% - 10% of what they were. I also still get fatigued quite quickly too. The annoying thing is that in the past week or so I have actually been able to taste or smell two things, and both are horrible. One being I could taste the anaesthetic at the dentists when I had some work done, and today I could smell the white spirit I was using to clean a paint brush.

Anyway, I agree with Tepid. Don't fight it. Just rest and ride it out. Take care of yourself.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63525 on: October 28, 2021, 08:55:41 am »
The 2 day return from holiday LFT's are a fucking joke. Paid £84 to Boots for 4 x non supervised tests. There is absolutely nothing to stop one person taking a free NHS lateral flow and then doing everyone elses tests if they are negative.

If they are doing that route, should have only sold them via the NHS and pumped the money back into that instead.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63526 on: October 28, 2021, 08:58:42 am »
Mogg is out of shot sat next to Bozo with no mask on.

Is he just a contrarian, then? The other day during pmqt, when they were pictured not wearing masks, he was one of the few wearing one.

Offline villagelife

• Main Stander
« Reply #63527 on: October 28, 2021, 12:05:00 pm »
Russia recording 1189 deaths in a day, going into another lockdown. Will Putin say it effect Gas supplies?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59076152

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #63528 on: October 28, 2021, 12:56:33 pm »
I read this information on a couple of sites, and to be honest it made little sense to me, I've never heard of endemic equilibrium.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-cases-could-fall-significantly-in-november-even-without-plan-b-modelling-suggests-12444117

Is it just another term for herd immunity?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63529 on: October 28, 2021, 01:57:22 pm »
Russia recording 1189 deaths in a day, going into another lockdown. Will Putin say it effect Gas supplies?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59076152

Threatening supplies it appears

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59048894?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Offline villagelife

• Main Stander
« Reply #63530 on: October 28, 2021, 01:57:58 pm »
I read this information on a couple of sites, and to be honest it made little sense to me, I've never heard of endemic equilibrium.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-cases-could-fall-significantly-in-november-even-without-plan-b-modelling-suggests-12444117

I know plenty of people that have had it twice, so Im not getting the gerd immniity principle yet.

Offline villagelife

• Main Stander

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63532 on: October 28, 2021, 02:07:50 pm »

They are slightly different terms. Herd immunity is where through a combination of vaccination and infection, you go over the threshold needed so that r goes lower than 1 and the epidemic shrinks. Each infected person goes onto infect on average of less than one other. Herd immunity was possible with the original Wuhan strain and with vaccines that had high efficacy for preventing transmission.

Endemic equilibrium is more about the r number taking the susceptible population into account. It will reach equilibrium when the effective r becomes 1, which we seem very close to. Outbreaks are unable to assume exponential growth (at least not for long) as there aren’t enough susceptible people. Currently some small number of people move into the susceptible population due to vaccine waning and some come out of the susceptible population due to infection, vaccination with first dose or vaccination with booster. Eventually you reach the equilibrium of r=1 in the absence of any external factors. We will of course have some external factors, continuing vaccination, continued move to 2019 normal mixing, seasonal effects, etc. These might push things up or down to a different level of equilibrium.

What we’re seeing now is probably a mix of both - herd immunity in certain areas like schools, some work places, leading to an equilibrium of sorts - but one that hasn’t settled at r=1 just yet.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:10:39 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #63534 on: October 28, 2021, 03:26:20 pm »
They are slightly different terms. Herd immunity is where through a combination of vaccination and infection, you go over the threshold needed so that r goes lower than 1 and the epidemic shrinks. Each infected person goes onto infect on average of less than one other. Herd immunity was possible with the original Wuhan strain and with vaccines that had high efficacy for preventing transmission.

Endemic equilibrium is more about the r number taking the susceptible population into account. It will reach equilibrium when the effective r becomes 1, which we seem very close to. Outbreaks are unable to assume exponential growth (at least not for long) as there aren’t enough susceptible people. Currently some small number of people move into the susceptible population due to vaccine waning and some come out of the susceptible population due to infection, vaccination with first dose or vaccination with booster. Eventually you reach the equilibrium of r=1 in the absence of any external factors. We will of course have some external factors, continuing vaccination, continued move to 2019 normal mixing, seasonal effects, etc. These might push things up or down to a different level of equilibrium.

What we’re seeing now is probably a mix of both - herd immunity in certain areas like schools, some work places, leading to an equilibrium of sorts - but one that hasn’t settled at r=1 just yet.

Cheers djahern, that explains it the way I can understand it.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63535 on: October 28, 2021, 04:02:11 pm »
No more red list as of today (in terms of hotel quarantine) according to Sky.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63536 on: October 28, 2021, 04:34:19 pm »
Got a positive result on my day 2 LFT, flew back from Turkey on monday, stayed in manchester monday night, spent a lot of tuesday at a very packed  Trafford centre.

I was masked for the most part but defnitely not at all times.....on the plane or in restaurant or while walking around the Trafford centre, so who knows who i could've passed it onto.

Done my PCR today, so we'll see what that comes back as.

Felt really crap last night, general lethargy and my wrist and ankle joints have been hurting, today has been a little better but i've been dosed up with paracetemol and ibroprufen.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63537 on: October 28, 2021, 05:31:39 pm »
The 2 day return from holiday LFT's are a fucking joke. Paid £84 to Boots for 4 x non supervised tests. There is absolutely nothing to stop one person taking a free NHS lateral flow and then doing everyone elses tests if they are negative.

If they are doing that route, should have only sold them via the NHS and pumped the money back into that instead.

But think of the poor Tory donors! How would they have made any money that way?!?!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #63538 on: October 28, 2021, 06:24:58 pm »

The lack of taste and smell is what I found the most concerning, as I love my food.  It does come back though. I ended up adding all sorts of spices, some I wouldn't normally have used. That did help, once I got my tasting senses back.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63539 on: October 28, 2021, 06:26:20 pm »
Interesting piece on how even double vaccinated can still easily spread the virus to the unvaccinated.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59077036

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #63540 on: October 28, 2021, 06:36:53 pm »
The lack of taste and smell is what I found the most concerning, as I love my food.  It does come back though. I ended up adding all sorts of spices, some I wouldn't normally have used. That did help, once I got my tasting senses back.
I was left with the smell of cigarette smoke 24/7 for ten months, until I got it again, then it went. Heard of someone who had a similar problem, but it was the smell of puke!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #63541 on: October 28, 2021, 06:41:18 pm »

Informative as usual.

Something I’ve been wondering linked to what you’ve said there. If we reach that equilibrium, but cases are high, 40K+, I presume we carry on at that high rate as r=1.

But say they’d announced a 2-week lockdown over half term (I’m not advocating that btw) that for example, halved the rate, does that mean it carries on at 20K (or wherever the lockdown took us to)? And if that’s the case, isn’t one last lockdown almost worth it to bring it right down once and for all? I.e. would r still = 1 at that lower rate? Presumably so?

As I say, I’m glad they haven’t locked down again before I get stick for that. It’s just a thought/question really.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63542 on: October 28, 2021, 07:43:06 pm »
I know plenty of people that have had it twice, so Im not getting the gerd immniity principle yet.

Have you tried getting mullered?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63543 on: October 28, 2021, 07:55:51 pm »
Got a positive result on my day 2 LFT, flew back from Turkey on monday, stayed in manchester monday night, spent a lot of tuesday at a very packed  Trafford centre.

I was masked for the most part but defnitely not at all times.....on the plane or in restaurant or while walking around the Trafford centre, so who knows who i could've passed it onto.

Done my PCR today, so we'll see what that comes back as.

Felt really crap last night, general lethargy and my wrist and ankle joints have been hurting, today has been a little better but i've been dosed up with paracetemol and ibroprufen.

Took my lad there to see Venom2 there the other Sunday, as its the nearest pictures to us, fucking hell, I couldn't believe how packed it was and how few were wearing masks, no wonder we are the worst borough in GM now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63544 on: October 28, 2021, 08:01:39 pm »

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63545 on: October 28, 2021, 08:20:14 pm »
Informative as usual.

Something I’ve been wondering linked to what you’ve said there. If we reach that equilibrium, but cases are high, 40K+, I presume we carry on at that high rate as r=1.

But say they’d announced a 2-week lockdown over half term (I’m not advocating that btw) that for example, halved the rate, does that mean it carries on at 20K (or wherever the lockdown took us to)? And if that’s the case, isn’t one last lockdown almost worth it to bring it right down once and for all? I.e. would r still = 1 at that lower rate? Presumably so?

As I say, I’m glad they haven’t locked down again before I get stick for that. It’s just a thought/question really.

From what I have read in that scenario, after the lockdown R would go above 1 temporarily and basically catch up back to 40k cases a day (might even go above 40k before settling back down to 40k), if thats our endemic rate. With something as infectious as the Delta variant the suggestion is that lockdowns delay cases rather then reduce them because it’s just to infectious to avoid (I’m sure djahern will correct me if I have got anything wrong).

Hopefully boosters provide longer lasting immunity then the original 2 dose regime, and longer lasting vaccines can be developed eventually.
Thinking is overrated.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #63546 on: October 28, 2021, 08:44:08 pm »
Have you tried getting mullered?

;D

A bit of humo(u)r every once in a while in a serious thread goes over well... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63547 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:06 pm »
From what I have read in that scenario, after the lockdown R would go above 1 temporarily and basically catch up back to 40k cases a day (might even go above 40k before settling back down to 40k), if thats our endemic rate. With something as infectious as the Delta variant the suggestion is that lockdowns delay cases rather then reduce them because it’s just to infectious to avoid (I’m sure djahern will correct me if I have got anything wrong).

Hopefully boosters provide longer lasting immunity then the original 2 dose regime, and longer lasting vaccines can be developed eventually.

Cheers. I guess that sounds about right to be honest.

I found this article interesting (and slightly depressing):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/covid-end-autumn-vaccines-lockdown_uk_61718170e4b079111a54454b/

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63548 on: October 28, 2021, 11:21:51 pm »
39,842 latest daily cases. 165 deaths.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63549 on: October 29, 2021, 12:01:03 am »
Cheers. I guess that sounds about right to be honest.

I found this article interesting (and slightly depressing):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/covid-end-autumn-vaccines-lockdown_uk_61718170e4b079111a54454b/

My amateur guess would be that if it’s just circulating at endemic levels and that with vaccinations and previous infections, each subsequent infection is less severe, so you might have had it last year or this, you might get it again next year and year after that but each time it gets less severe as our immune system become more familiar with it. And while vaccine induced immunity focused on the spike protein, which is where the mutations seem to occur, natural immunity is more rounded as it includes all of the virus including the parts that don’t mutate as much or as fast so that should hopefully bode well for the long run with variants.

Again, not an expert so happy to be corrected by those more knowledgeable.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63550 on: October 29, 2021, 07:10:34 am »
39,842 latest daily cases. 165 deaths.

Haven't checked, but that seems about 10k less than last Thursday, obviously the kids are off but there was still north of 900k tests taken.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63551 on: October 29, 2021, 08:17:55 am »
Haven't checked, but that seems about 10k less than last Thursday, obviously the kids are off but there was still north of 900k tests taken.
quite a long way north I reckon. I've done lots of LFT and not recorded all the neg ones. I can't be the only one
Nah.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #63552 on: October 29, 2021, 10:31:15 am »
quite a long way north I reckon. I've done lots of LFT and not recorded all the neg ones. I can't be the only one

Didn’t log 2 neg LFTs but did log the neg PCR test last week

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63553 on: October 29, 2021, 11:17:48 am »
Why would we do that?

remember watching a short doc on YouTube about pandemics (wish I could remember what it was called) but it was suggested some feel future pandemics might be 'socially' ended in some places and not necessarily scientifically ended, i.e. people just stop caring. I wouldn't say we're particularly far off that as the Tories have done a great job at refocusing people on getting back to 'normal' and accepting the number of deaths we have, whilst also making people turn on the NHS and its staff. Sad times.

I think more than a small amount think we test 'too much'.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63554 on: October 29, 2021, 11:23:48 am »
My amateur guess would be that if it’s just circulating at endemic levels and that with vaccinations and previous infections, each subsequent infection is less severe, so you might have had it last year or this, you might get it again next year and year after that but each time it gets less severe as our immune system become more familiar with it. And while vaccine induced immunity focused on the spike protein, which is where the mutations seem to occur, natural immunity is more rounded as it includes all of the virus including the parts that don’t mutate as much or as fast so that should hopefully bode well for the long run with variants.

Again, not an expert so happy to be corrected by those more knowledgeable.

seems like it could be an infinite lottery in the short-to-mid term, even for the young and most 'healthy' people.
YNWA.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63555 on: October 29, 2021, 12:33:30 pm »
Drakeford on now announcing numerous control measures will be invoked in Wales due to rising cases.

Apparently 2k+ cases of the new more transmissible variant (delta + I guess) have been diagnosed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:35:47 pm by TSC »

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63556 on: October 29, 2021, 12:51:25 pm »
Drakeford on now announcing numerous control measures will be invoked in Wales due to rising cases.

Apparently 2k+ cases of the new more transmissible variant (delta + I guess) have been diagnosed.
Blimey.  When I went to Wales last week they were already doing a lot more than England.  Masks were still mandated indoors everywhere I visited and staff were pretty hot on asking mask-less people to put one on.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63557 on: October 29, 2021, 01:23:13 pm »
A question on boosters.

As the vaccine does not offer permanent protection and immunity decreases over time, presumably there will come a point where the entire population will require a booster rather than just those over the age of 50?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63558 on: October 29, 2021, 01:30:24 pm »
A question on boosters.

As the vaccine does not offer permanent protection and immunity decreases over time, presumably there will come a point where the entire population will require a booster rather than just those over the age of 50?

I would guess it all depends on how effective the decreased protection is in those under 50 against covid. Once we hit 50, things start to fall apart and we become more vulnerable. I'm about 3 to 4 weeks away from my booster, I want is as soon as possible.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63559 on: October 29, 2021, 01:40:34 pm »
I would guess it all depends on how effective the decreased protection is in those under 50 against covid. Once we hit 50, things start to fall apart and we become more vulnerable. I'm about 3 to 4 weeks away from my booster, I want is as soon as possible.

It would be sensible to just offer it to anyone over the age of 18. I’m no expert but presumably we won’t know what the affects of waning immunity are likely to be (or how quickly the immunity wanes) until such a point as it occurs and if the results are less sympathetic than we hoped or expected that they would be then we’ve got a problem which was entirely avoidable. Then again I suppose the occurrence of avoidable problems has been the governments MO during this whole pandemic so there’s little hope that they will mitigate this one.