Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455441 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63480 on: October 26, 2021, 08:45:05 am »
There was an article in the Torygraph that cites 'Government sources'.  Apparently scientific modelling is projecting a 'Rapid Decline' from November that should see us through until after Christmas.  Personally I think that's just been leaked in attempt to justify not bringing in face masks and stuff but who knows ?

The Torygraph latch onto anything that makes the pandemic seem less significant.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63481 on: October 26, 2021, 08:51:04 am »
There was an article in the Torygraph that cites 'Government sources'.  Apparently scientific modelling is projecting a 'Rapid Decline' from November that should see us through until after Christmas.  Personally I think that's just been leaked in attempt to justify not bringing in face masks and stuff but who knows ?
I've seen a few different interpretations of that data, varying from optimistic to pessimistic.  Most though seemed to agree that the rates in children aren't sustainable as so many have already been infected and re-infection so soon after hasn't really been seen anywhere in the world.

Herd immunity by infection was seemingly always the plan.  They eventually realised they couldn't do that with older/CEV people but have had no qualms about doing so with our children.  Time will tell if they were right to do so (for those parents who have lost children to Covid-19 the answer will clearly be No!).

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63482 on: October 26, 2021, 09:36:25 am »
It’s not an unreasonable scenario to be honest…. But neither are other scenarios

Depends on the level of waning of immunity, the uptake of booster vaccines, even the weather to some extent.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63483 on: October 26, 2021, 11:03:43 am »

What I posted was based on a fella called James Ward on Twitter and few others. Mr Ward is a mathematician and by no means a fan of the government to be fair to him, the other fella is John Roberts whose an Acturial.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63484 on: October 26, 2021, 11:21:46 am »
Similar article on the BBC, based on modelling but it only takes vaccination waning to be slightly lower and more social mixing than they have planned and it could go the other way

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59039739
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63485 on: October 26, 2021, 11:43:20 am »
What I posted was based on a fella called James Ward on Twitter and few others. Mr Ward is a mathematician and by no means a fan of the government to be fair to him, the other fella is John Roberts whose an Acturial.

James Ward's modelling has probably been the best there is for over a year now.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63487 on: October 26, 2021, 03:21:31 pm »
Scum targeting Liverpool schools

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/26/liverpool-headteachers-describe-sinister-tactics-of-anti-vaxx-protesters

Maybe Liverpool City Council can be the first in the country to get an exclusion order against the bunch of meffs?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63488 on: October 26, 2021, 04:20:08 pm »
Maybe Liverpool City Council can be the first in the country to get an exclusion order against the bunch of meffs?

The council let that anti-vax prick leave his marketing graffiti all over the city without comeback so I doubt they'll do anything.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63489 on: October 26, 2021, 04:23:05 pm »
The council let that anti-vax prick leave his marketing graffiti all over the city without comeback so I doubt they'll do anything.

He's gone Missing hasn't he? ;D

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63490 on: October 26, 2021, 05:00:37 pm »
40954 new cases and 263 deaths reported today.  Numbers include 3days numbers re Wales where reporting was delayed for some technical reason.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #63491 on: October 26, 2021, 08:09:34 pm »
According to the modelling, various different opinions in terms of optimistic/pessimistic. But overall, it appears as though where many of the modeller's expected to be right now, i.e. teetering on the brink of pandemic/endemic and the major fluctuations in case numbers in the UK at least.. Serious question, and elephant in the room, where are we in terms of vaccine updates? It's been said many times since they've been rolled out that they're relatively easy to tweak. Haven't heard anything on any of the major news outlets about them being updated from any of the main players and keeping pace.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:11:09 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63492 on: October 26, 2021, 08:57:15 pm »
Scum targeting Liverpool schools

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/26/liverpool-headteachers-describe-sinister-tactics-of-anti-vaxx-protesters

I saw a video the other day of something similar happening in a hospital (possibly Chesterfield?).

Some group of morons were filming themselves, claiming to be serving legal documents, but one guy was explaining all the documents just in case you were in any doubt they had no clue what they were talking about.
As well as the standard nonsense about the Nuremburg Code, they also claimed that everyone in the NHS works for the Pope!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63493 on: October 26, 2021, 10:02:27 pm »

I saw a video the other day of something similar happening in a hospital (possibly Chesterfield?).

Some group of morons were filming themselves, claiming to be serving legal documents, but one guy was explaining all the documents just in case you were in any doubt they had no clue what they were talking about.
As well as the standard nonsense about the Nuremburg Code, they also claimed that everyone in the NHS works for the Pope!

I can understand why the cranks are falsely claiming vaccines are akin to Nazi medical experiments because, you know, Frankenstein and er....but I'd love to know how the Vatican is controlling the NHS.

I thought the Illuminati were the go to controlling mind for the cranks but maybe I'm just out of date.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63494 on: October 26, 2021, 10:07:01 pm »

This one?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mralistairgreen/status/1451095766949371904

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63495 on: October 26, 2021, 10:23:08 pm »
According to the modelling, various different opinions in terms of optimistic/pessimistic. But overall, it appears as though where many of the modeller's expected to be right now, i.e. teetering on the brink of pandemic/endemic and the major fluctuations in case numbers in the UK at least.. Serious question, and elephant in the room, where are we in terms of vaccine updates? It's been said many times since they've been rolled out that they're relatively easy to tweak. Haven't heard anything on any of the major news outlets about them being updated from any of the main players and keeping pace.

They arnt tweaking the vaccines yet because they are still effective against the variants that are currently out there.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #63496 on: October 26, 2021, 11:12:01 pm »
Masks mandatory for everyone in the Commons - except MPs.....  :butt I forgot that MPs couldn't spread Covid!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59056316

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63498 on: October 27, 2021, 08:46:33 am »
Masks mandatory for everyone in the Commons - except MPs.....  :butt I forgot that MPs couldn't spread Covid!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59056316

In updated guidance, the Commons authorities said all staff, visitors, contractors and press must cover their faces to combat the spread of Covid.

MPs are not employed by the Commons authorities and cannot be forced to wear masks.

They have been encouraged to do so by Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle - but unions representing Parliamentary workers have urged him to take a tougher line.

It's just another part of the Tory culture war approach to everything.  They want to be seen as libertarians and to hell with the consequences.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63499 on: October 27, 2021, 08:55:10 am »
Confirmation of £37b down the drain from Hancock, Harding & co

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-nhs-test-and-trace-failed-in-its-main-objective-highly-critical-report-from-committee-of-mps-finds-12445501
An unbelievable waste of money.  The trace part never worked and I think if a new virus emerged tomorrow it still wouldn't work.  691 million lateral flow tests sent out but only 14% had results reported - just the 594 million unaccounted for tests then  :o

I'm disappointed in Sky labelling it as the "NHS Test and Trace" when the article itself is quite clear that it was a consultant-led system.

Ironically right beneath a link espousing the trustfulness of Sky.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63500 on: October 27, 2021, 10:27:31 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:29:17 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63501 on: October 27, 2021, 10:54:48 am »
It's just another part of the Tory culture war approach to everything.  They want to be seen as libertarians and to hell with the consequences.

agree - although a fair amount of the back benchers have always been vocal libertarians. very dangerous people.
YNWA.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63502 on: October 27, 2021, 11:59:06 am »
Tested positive on 2/3 LF this morning after I developed a cold after returning from Gran Canaria. Blocked nose, slight sore throat and general lethargy. My girlfriend had just gone back into the office this week but had to return home and we both did a PCR before. Sums it up though that she instantly is sent home because I tested positive on a LF yet as a teacher if it was the other way round I'd still have to go in even if my girlfriend had a positive PCR
 Test. Incredible really.

we should find out the result tonight of the PCR.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63503 on: October 27, 2021, 12:37:19 pm »
£37 b for an app - seems legit.....

20% of the whole NHS budget.

That's quite frankly outrageous and negligent use of the public purse strings......there must be consequences for this.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63504 on: October 27, 2021, 12:53:08 pm »
That's quite frankly outrageous and negligent use of the public purse strings......there must be consequences for this.

Ironically Sunek now spouting as part of his budget speech “this party and only this party can be trusted with taxpayers money”.  Not to detract from the thread subject but government went beyond parody about 18 months ago.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63505 on: October 27, 2021, 01:31:18 pm »
Having condemned them earlier it's good to see many of the Tory frontbenchers - including Bozo (out of shot) - wearing masks:

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63506 on: October 27, 2021, 01:37:13 pm »
Having condemned them earlier it's good to see many of the Tory frontbenchers - including Bozo (out of shot) - wearing masks:

Mogg is out of shot sat next to Bozo with no mask on.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63507 on: October 27, 2021, 04:09:15 pm »
agree - although a fair amount of the back benchers have always been vocal libertarians. very dangerous people.

Before they got on the Brexit bandwagon they were proud to be the party of laissez faire.

But since that sounds a bit too 'European' they gone for the more American 'libertarian'.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63508 on: October 27, 2021, 04:11:56 pm »
43,941 cases reported. 207 deaths in last 24 hours. Depressing.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #63509 on: October 27, 2021, 04:16:48 pm »
43,941 cases reported. 207 deaths in last 24 hours. Depressing.

Although down from 49,000 last wednesday. No idea what's happening with deaths though, seems Boris et al don't give a toss

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63510 on: October 27, 2021, 04:27:21 pm »
The deaths will be the backlog from the high cases surely? There's always a 2-3 week lag, so I would expect the number of deaths to increase, probably not to peak levels, but probably between 200-300 daily. Fingers crossed the cases start to level off now. Still feel it's going to be a very bumpy winter ahead.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63511 on: October 27, 2021, 04:31:06 pm »
Although down from 49,000 last wednesday. No idea what's happening with deaths though, seems Boris et al don't give a toss
Saw PM Questions today & there was literally one question about Covid. It was glossed over. Case rates always will continue in the ten's of thousands for how long?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63512 on: October 27, 2021, 04:58:45 pm »
Saw PM Questions today & there was literally one question about Covid. It was glossed over. Case rates always will continue in the ten's of thousands for how long?

Until we just stop testing.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63513 on: October 27, 2021, 05:16:41 pm »

Deaths are baked into case numbers with obviously a time-lag between both.  Despite Johnson’s announcement on occasions that the link between cases and deaths has been severed, at best it has been weakened with vaccinations.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63514 on: October 27, 2021, 05:23:16 pm »
Deaths are baked into case numbers with obviously a time-lag between both.  Despite Johnson’s announcement on occasions that the link between cases and deaths has been severed, at best it has been weakened with vaccinations.

Never understood this "link has been severed". Deaths are always linked to cases - no cases, no covid deaths. What can change is the proportion of cases that turn into deaths, which depends on the age groups most affected, treatment, NHS capacity, maybe virus strain. But they will always be linked. He was talking shite as always.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63515 on: October 27, 2021, 06:05:26 pm »
Mogg is out of shot sat next to Bozo with no mask on.
I know I probably shouldn't say this but if anyone deserves a nice serious case of CoVid it is that twat, though to be fair he is probably protected as I imagine he is still being breastfed
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:07:32 pm by Wabaloolah »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63516 on: October 27, 2021, 06:06:59 pm »
Until we just stop testing.
Why would we do that?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63517 on: October 27, 2021, 06:07:49 pm »
Why would we do that?
to get the case numbers down?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63518 on: October 27, 2021, 06:55:17 pm »
Why would we do that?

It's just like the flu
Learn to live with it
More tests than anyone else
False positive

And so on and so forth..
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63519 on: October 27, 2021, 06:57:52 pm »
Tested positive on 2/3 LF this morning after I developed a cold after returning from Gran Canaria. Blocked nose, slight sore throat and general lethargy. My girlfriend had just gone back into the office this week but had to return home and we both did a PCR before. Sums it up though that she instantly is sent home because I tested positive on a LF yet as a teacher if it was the other way round I'd still have to go in even if my girlfriend had a positive PCR
 Test. Incredible really.

we should find out the result tonight of the PCR.

So I'm positive on PCR and girlfriend negative.

Lost my taste and smell this afternoon so was expecting it.

Feel really tired now like my eyelids are drooping.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."