Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440217 times)

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47640 on: January 15, 2021, 05:16:55 pm »
Sauce please. With statements like that, always, ALWAYS cite your sauce.....

Well, Johnson's just said it, although that's only a reliable sauce for a few minutes until he changes his mind. Or is just lying anyway.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47641 on: January 15, 2021, 05:17:08 pm »
The closure of corridors was just announced by Johnson, though to be fair that is a shit source as he could change his mind again by Monday.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47642 on: January 15, 2021, 05:18:44 pm »
The closure of corridors was just announced by Johnson, though to be fair that is a shit source as he could change his mind again by Monday.
I don't think they are stopping flights though, or his next statement was conflicting
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #47643 on: January 15, 2021, 05:20:06 pm »
No worries. Was watching press conference.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55681861

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1350126931635810304
Cheers - not all of us are in the UK ;)

Just seen it announced on the beeb 'n all..........crikey.........plague island...........

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55681861

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47644 on: January 15, 2021, 05:21:23 pm »
Isn't the isolation rule for people travelling into the country just self-isolation though? Not sure it changes a huge amount if people can just ignore it and go about their business.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47645 on: January 15, 2021, 05:22:37 pm »
I don't think they are stopping flights though, or his next statement was conflicting
Seemingly not. Every passenger must have proof of a negative test within 72 hours of leaving their place of origin and passengers must fill in a locator form.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47646 on: January 15, 2021, 05:25:25 pm »
Cheers - not all of us are in the UK ;)

Just seen it announced on the beeb 'n all..........crikey.........plague island...........

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55681861

With the current case numbers in the UK, the rest of the world should be more cencerned about people coming from here, than wanting to go to the UK...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47647 on: January 15, 2021, 05:28:45 pm »
Apt q from ITV rep there about why it’s taken so long (as per) to invoke firm border controls.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47648 on: January 15, 2021, 05:35:55 pm »
Isn't the isolation rule for people travelling into the country just self-isolation though? Not sure it changes a huge amount if people can just ignore it and go about their business.
Yep, although they may be only allowing UK Nationals to travel, so stopping anyone else coming in?  As ever though the message seems to be confused

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47649 on: January 15, 2021, 05:36:52 pm »
Apt q from ITV rep there about why it’s taken so long (as per) to invoke firm border controls.

I doubt any minister will appear on GMB from now on. Can't stand Piers Moron, but he was hammering this point to them as far back as April. They're worse than useless this shower.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47650 on: January 15, 2021, 05:45:30 pm »
Doesn't look like it, just you need to have proof that you have had a negative test within 72 hours and then you must isolate for 10 days and they will be stepping up enforcement on this

It’s the 10 days isolation that I don’t have faith in. People have been flying off to places like Dubai even when the advice is not to travel, I’m not sure I trust these same people to then sit at home for 10 days but maybe I’m just being cynical.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47651 on: January 15, 2021, 05:50:57 pm »
Global reported deaths passed the 2m mark today.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #47652 on: January 15, 2021, 05:52:17 pm »
It’s the 10 days isolation that I don’t have faith in. People have been flying off to places like Dubai even when the advice is not to travel, I’m not sure I trust these same people to then sit at home for 10 days but maybe I’m just being cynical.

I'm thinking about all those c*nting influencers boasting of being in Dubai - can you really see self-entitled twats like them doing that for 10 days? Fat hope.

And another thing - why the fuck have they waited as long as this to make such changes?
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #47653 on: January 15, 2021, 05:55:32 pm »

A couple of months back, someone I know of came back from Spain and was caught not isolating. Fined 1k. Hopefully they step up the checks/enforcement on this.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47654 on: January 15, 2021, 05:59:53 pm »
Well, just occasionally I am proud of the people in this country. 

By the french and the Poles? WTF? insane

Its interesting that Thailand is top of the list and there numbers have been very low since the pandemic started with total deaths still in the hundreds. I think this might be more an indication on the impact the lack of tourists has had on there economy (Bangkok the most visited city in the world plus they reckon tourism is around 25% of there economy) and with poverty very high and a lack of a welfare state has really impacted the country despite infection and death numbers being so low. They really need to vaccinate because the lack of tourism is really impacting Thailand and if it carries on the devastation might be too much for it to recover.

Thailand has always been a bucket list destination for me and i was hoping to finally get over this year but obviously that's all up in the air at the moment but its good to see them at the top of this list because i dont intend to go anywhere without being vaccinated or somewhere where there is a high anti-vaxx sentiment.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47655 on: January 15, 2021, 06:07:16 pm »
Well the testing that was supposed to happen in schools (and is in some cases....)

Well guess what? It’s a fucking  car crash and not fit for purpose.

Round of applause for the Bad boy Gavin Williamson... he’s done it again!  What a talent!

Pretty much what we spoke about a few weeks back when they first put the idea forward.

These things have their current uses, and they'll have more uses in the future I'm sure. But their current use is certainly not to replace a system that isolates close contacts from attending a setting where multiple households interact. It's possible they will eventually have that use, but it needs to be proven to work as well or better than the current system.

They should still roll this out, but the testing should be done at home. The schools should continue to isolate their bubble groups as they were doing, and then these tests should be undertaken at home by those asked to isolate (who remain isolating regardless of result). Right there you get your data on if it's suitable or not for this, and you get it quite quickly. 

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47656 on: January 15, 2021, 06:08:43 pm »
I'm thinking about all those c*nting influencers boasting of being in Dubai - can you really see self-entitled twats like them doing that for 10 days? Fat hope.

And another thing - why the fuck have they waited as long as this to make such changes?

My preference would be as was talked about at the beginning of the pandemic (not sure if it ever actually happened) but they should be quarantined in empty hotels for 10 days, seriously if they just expecting people to follow the rules they are being very naive. Alternatively, put them on tags like they do people when they come out of prison.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47657 on: January 15, 2021, 06:16:00 pm »
This chart would be useful with more context, out of the countries listed we're the second highest in deaths per million (only Italy above). We've also imposed more lockdowns. People just want out.

Finland as an example have 10% of our deaths per million and have coped well with the virus, it's easy to see why people aren't chomping at the bit for a dose.

how do you explain the USA?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47658 on: January 15, 2021, 06:20:34 pm »
My preference would be as was talked about at the beginning of the pandemic (not sure if it ever actually happened) but they should be quarantined in empty hotels for 10 days, seriously if they just expecting people to follow the rules they are being very naive. Alternatively, put them on tags like they do people when they come out of prison.

They did some quarantining in the early days, I seem to remember a Heathrow hotel being used?, but this was not for UK nationals IIRC, my boss flew back from Italy last March and was just allowed back into the UK with no restrictions, our Director and him decided he would isolate at home, but it wasn't a govt rule.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the premier of Queensland wants to stop quaratining travellers in hotels and instead put them in camps in the outback, keeping them as far away from the rest as possible.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #47659 on: January 15, 2021, 06:22:22 pm »
how do you explain the USA?
Covid's a hoax isn't it ?

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47660 on: January 15, 2021, 06:23:48 pm »
Absolutely, if this had happened at the start we likely would have a far less impact.  Just letting people coming back from places like Italy and flights from New York into the country with not a single check on passengers was criminal in my opinion.

Not a chance they will all isolate for ten days without being forced to do so, some will of course, but it only takes one idiot to go into a shop and break their self-isolation. 

This government is basing their contact limiting strategy by trusting in the people of this country, it's naïve at best

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #47661 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:23 pm »

That's what they did early doors didn't they. They had them all up at Arrowe Park (sp) didn't they?
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47662 on: January 15, 2021, 06:25:23 pm »
They did some quarantining in the early days, I seem to remember a Heathrow hotel being used?, but this was not for UK nationals IIRC, my boss flew back from Italy last March and was just allowed back into the UK with no restrictions, our Director and him decided he would isolate at home, but it wasn't a govt rule.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the premier of Queensland wants to stop quaratining travellers in hotels and instead put them in camps in the outback, keeping them as far away from the rest as possible.
The Premier of Queensland sounds sensible, they could do it with the Australian climate, not entirely sure they would get away with it on a cold wet night in Stoke though!

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47663 on: January 15, 2021, 06:26:27 pm »
That's what they did early doors didn't they. They had them all up at Arrowe Park (sp) didn't they?
A few repatriation flights from Wuhan they did but that is when it ended, whole swathes of people allowed to travel into the country unchecked and they wonder why it got so bad here!

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47664 on: January 15, 2021, 06:31:30 pm »
My  daughters are with me this weekend.    My 13 year old has dropped behind in her Maths work and I’ve been Sitting with her.    It’s amazing on how she has regressed since September.     She does have dyspraxia and some sort of autism and ended up begging me to go back to school.

This scenario must be getting replayed all over the country and frankly it worries me 

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47665 on: January 15, 2021, 06:32:43 pm »

They did it with a large group who had been evacuated from Wuhan, but I can't remember much else. The choice of coach company to ferry them to Arrowe Park raised a few eyebrows at the time too

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47666 on: January 15, 2021, 06:38:12 pm »
What would Marie Curie make of it?!

"Ah well, at least Poland's O... oh ffs"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47667 on: January 15, 2021, 06:39:28 pm »
Travel closes on Monday? Ah, well. Plenty of time to bring all your dirty variants with you in the meantime in the next 72 hours at least.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47668 on: January 15, 2021, 06:53:05 pm »

As someone above said, they did it at a few hotels in Heathrow right at the very beginning of the pandemic but then quietly it seemed to be forgotten about.
Thinking is overrated.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #47669 on: January 15, 2021, 07:02:23 pm »
Fingers crossed for the interferon (?) trial going on, relatively cheap treatment could help a lot of people already in hospital

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #47670 on: January 15, 2021, 07:09:29 pm »
Fingers crossed for the interferon (?) trial going on, relatively cheap treatment could help a lot of people already in hospital
It can't be that cheap

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47671 on: January 15, 2021, 07:12:33 pm »
Sweden and Finland had the narcolepsy issue with the GSK swine flu vaccine eleven years ago. General vaccination rates for tried vaccines that have been around for decades such as against measles etc are very high but people are very reluctant over here unless they feel like the illness is going to personally affect them. Myself included. I'm glad I was vaccinated with known quantities when I was little, but now as an adult, 29 years old and rather fit, extremely far from being in a risk group I prefer not to just take anything novel being offered to me. We're still not even past one year of trials beginning and I prefer to stay on the cautious side about that.

I think the "sure" rates would've been a lot higher here and in Finland if not for that 2009-10 episode, however.

As far as I'm concerned, once it's been given to the risk groups, it's time to forget worrying about covid and return straight back to February 2020 no questions asked. I really don't see the need to mass vaccinate the entire populace against something that is only harmful to a few.

So I lean towards not taking it for that reason. It's better they save my dose for someone who's in more need. It's for the very reason I don't take the annual flu shot. If I decide to, it will be in November because it's evidently a seasonal illness once it's reached a certain immunity threshold, so I much prefer to have strong antibodies in December than in July. Covid passports are just fascist bullshit and within an EU framework most definitely illegal so I'm not all that worried about it because it'd get struck down in court. Worst-case scenario I'll just have to travel by land or take a test before flying and I have no desire to visit anywhere outside of Europe anyway. Hell, I might choose to stay in Scandinavia for the rest of my life seeing how repressive the political cultures elsewhere have been.

Disclaimer: no insults needed  :wave
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:21:51 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47672 on: January 15, 2021, 07:21:44 pm »
unless they feel like the illness is going to personally affect them. Myself included.

This sort of selfish thinking is what has meant this virus has killed so many more than it needed to.

The vaccine doesn't make those who receive it, if just the most vulnerable, totally immune. If only those people get vaccinated then the virus will still be rife in the general population and those people will still be at risk to catching it.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47673 on: January 15, 2021, 07:23:33 pm »
Disclaimer: no insults needed  :wave

This is going to be fun...

What a shitty attitude. "I won't get the vaccine, but if I do, it will only be when it benefits me the most".

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47674 on: January 15, 2021, 07:25:42 pm »
This sort of selfish thinking is what has meant this virus has killed so many more than it needed to.

The vaccine doesn't make those who receive it, if just the most vulnerable, totally immune. If only those people get vaccinated then the virus will still be rife in the general population and those people will still be at risk to catching it.

Well, people have to have agency. Since I'm not even in touch with the groups you've mentioned, I'm not worried about it. I'm an office worker who spends my free time riding a bicycle! Those groups who end up hospitalized (50-80 general population) will have a generally good protection from it anyway whereas those in care homes remain vulnerable to even a runny nose-type of cold. Only if people work in healthcare I feel could need to take one for the team if they're young and healthy.
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47675 on: January 15, 2021, 07:27:56 pm »
What a shitty attitude. "I won't get the vaccine, but if I do, it will only be when it benefits me the most".

It benefits society the most if non-risk groups take it just ahead of peak season. In early September, the daily death count in Sweden was below 1 on a seven-day running average. In November it's not. Especially with our daylight cycle and climate. It's common sense.

That being said, stray one foot away from the Guardian editorial view and RAWK will go nuts. Just is what it is.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:31:54 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47676 on: January 15, 2021, 07:36:06 pm »
It benefits society the most if non-risk groups take it just ahead of peak season. In early September, the daily death count in Sweden was below 1 on a seven-day running average. In November it's not. Especially with our daylight cycle and climate. It's common sense.

That being said, stray one foot away from the Guardian editorial view and RAWK will go nuts. Just is what it is.  ;D

That's not how you justified it in your original post. I think you'll find it's more RAWK goes a bit nuts when you stray away from the agreed scientific consensus - that we need to vaccinate aas many people as possible.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #47677 on: January 15, 2021, 07:38:35 pm »
It can't be that cheap

:D

I think I read it's about £2000 per patient so I think that's relatively quite low

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47678 on: January 15, 2021, 07:38:38 pm »
I really don't see the need to mass vaccinate the entire populace against something that is only harmful to a few.

2 million people worldwide have died from this and this is the bollocks you come out with?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47679 on: January 15, 2021, 07:41:34 pm »
That's not how you justified it in your original post. I think you'll find it's more RAWK goes a bit nuts when you stray away from the agreed scientific consensus - that we need to vaccinate aas many people as possible.

I'm not stopping you nor telling you what to do. Hell you can have my doses too if you really want to be on the safe side. Someone who hasn't used public transport once since February 2019, take the bike for journeys 15 miles away, have zero contact with elders, works in an office and don't visit stores... I really am not someone anyone needs to worry about.

Just leave my body alone. My body, my choice. Get it? That should at least be something a lefty should understand  ;D
Linudden.