Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454567 times)

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47600 on: January 15, 2021, 02:35:26 pm »
Well, just occasionally I am proud of the people in this country. 

By the french and the Poles? WTF? insane

The French are in deep shit. If a year long global pandemic and millions dead doesn't make you want to take a vaccine, nothing will.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47601 on: January 15, 2021, 02:39:00 pm »
BBC reporting that 3.2m have now been vaccinated in the UK (up until 14th jan).  Majority obviously with the 1st dose.

‘R’ number is between 1.2-1.3 (up until 11th jan)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:41:25 pm by TSC »

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47602 on: January 15, 2021, 02:46:38 pm »
BBC reporting that 3.2m have now been vaccinated in the UK (up until 14th jan).  Majority obviously with the 1st dose.

‘R’ number is between 1.2-1.3 (up until 11th jan)

The government website was saying just over 2.9 million were done as of yesterday (I think 16:00 is the cut off time), which was about 300,000 up on the day before. If they had done 3.2 million up to yesterday that would have been 600,000 in a day which seems unlikely.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47603 on: January 15, 2021, 02:56:47 pm »
The government website was saying just over 2.9 million were done as of yesterday (I think 16:00 is the cut off time), which was about 300,000 up on the day before. If they had done 3.2 million up to yesterday that would have been 600,000 in a day which seems unlikely.

There are now 1,000 places offering vaccines according to what I found, the majority being GP surgeries. On an 8 hour day works out at roughly 75 an hour. When I had my flu jab in December, they were using about 4 rooms, they did me and the wife together, we were in and out in 2 minutes, so it is doable.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/mapped-englands-1000-covid-vaccination-sites/7029291.article
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47604 on: January 15, 2021, 02:58:53 pm »
2.9m were vaccinated up until the 13th according to the dashboard. Obviously it's now the 15th, it's more than possible they've reached that figure.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #47605 on: January 15, 2021, 03:06:50 pm »
Not including under 18s isn’t that about 1 in 17 people currently vaccinated? Seems good going?
2.9m were vaccinated up until the 13th according to the dashboard. Obviously it's now the 15th, it's more than possible they've reached that figure.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #47606 on: January 15, 2021, 03:32:14 pm »
It says up to 14th @ 10.40pm  -  2.9 million with first dose. So, if the second dose figure of 438k is added it roughly equals 3.35 million doses.........but, obviously the first figure of 2.9 million is the actual number of people vaccinated. (but yes, there's today as well so maybe including that ?)

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=overview&areaName=United%20Kingdom

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47607 on: January 15, 2021, 03:42:45 pm »
The French are in deep shit. If a year long global pandemic and millions dead doesn't make you want to take a vaccine, nothing will.

I think the French had a pre-existing problem with anti-vax didn't they?
There have been a few Measles outbreaks over the last few years.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47608 on: January 15, 2021, 03:45:59 pm »
I think the French had a pre-existing problem with anti-vax didn't they?
There have been a few Measles outbreaks over the last few years.

France is full of anti vaxxers, it'll be a real problem for them.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47609 on: January 15, 2021, 03:47:01 pm »
There are now 1,000 places offering vaccines according to what I found, the majority being GP surgeries. On an 8 hour day works out at roughly 75 an hour. When I had my flu jab in December, they were using about 4 rooms, they did me and the wife together, we were in and out in 2 minutes, so it is doable.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/mapped-englands-1000-covid-vaccination-sites/7029291.article

With the covid vaccine you have to be monitored for 15 minutes after the jab before you can leave.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47610 on: January 15, 2021, 03:50:29 pm »

What would Marie Curie make of it?!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47611 on: January 15, 2021, 03:51:02 pm »
With the covid vaccine you have to be monitored for 15 minutes after the jab before you can leave.

Are they using the waiting rooms for that or just the room where they do the jab? I know my GP surgery has the space to do this, but I suppose a lot don't I'm trying to remember which thing I had done at the hospital and I remember being put in a waiting room, might have been my pneumonia jab.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47612 on: January 15, 2021, 03:55:43 pm »
Are they using the waiting rooms for that or just the room where they do the jab? I know my GP surgery has the space to do this, but I suppose a lot don't I'm trying to remember which thing I had done at the hospital and I remember being put in a waiting room, might have been my pneumonia jab.

Mum had her covid jab at one of the specially set up vaccination centres (Wirral).  It was a local leisure centre, so after the jab you went to a large room next door, where they had chairs set out 2 metres apart.  Probably around 20 chairs.  You then had to wait
there until they told you to leave.  They did have a tv on which made it more bearable.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #47613 on: January 15, 2021, 03:57:23 pm »
What the hell, why are there so many anti-vaxxers in France?

Pleasantly surprised by our stats.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #47614 on: January 15, 2021, 03:59:54 pm »
What would Marie Curie make of it?!

Well as Pole living in Paris.......who knows?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #47615 on: January 15, 2021, 04:05:06 pm »

The Poles being one of the least likely is a bit weird. The majority of Poles are hypochondriacs. The best business plan you could have over there is to open a pharmacy - they love their pills. They do have a disinformation problem though.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47616 on: January 15, 2021, 04:11:56 pm »
55,761 new cases and 1,280 deaths reported today.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #47617 on: January 15, 2021, 04:15:32 pm »

68,000 last Friday so better but not quick enough yet

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47618 on: January 15, 2021, 04:18:05 pm »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47619 on: January 15, 2021, 04:18:19 pm »
3.6m people now vaccinated (including 2nd dose). Over 330k done today as far as I can tell. It is certainly ramping up.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #47620 on: January 15, 2021, 04:19:57 pm »

My missus' job has been booking people in for the vaccine. Local to me and they are booking in full 9 to 6 days, 3 tracks with jabs 2 minutes apart, so 720 vacinnes a day.

It's taking longer for them to book it in than it is to actually administer.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47621 on: January 15, 2021, 04:24:34 pm »
Testing high, so percentage positivity may not be quite as bad..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47622 on: January 15, 2021, 04:24:35 pm »
My missus' job has been booking people in for the vaccine. Local to me and they are booking in full 9 to 6 days, 3 tracks with jabs 2 minutes apart, so 720 vacinnes a day.

It's taking longer for them to book it in than it is to actually administer.

I presume that the booking time will reduce as it works through the age ranges. I suspect that older people in care homes etc are not particularly IT savvy or text message etc. Assuming the vaccine location or booker has IT facilities as it works down through the ages more and more people can do it online or via a much quicker method ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47623 on: January 15, 2021, 04:27:00 pm »
Testing high, so percentage positivity may not be quite as bad..

The lag looks better than it has been as well, may be catching up a bit there.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #47624 on: January 15, 2021, 04:27:50 pm »

This chart would be useful with more context, out of the countries listed we're the second highest in deaths per million (only Italy above). We've also imposed more lockdowns. People just want out.

Finland as an example have 10% of our deaths per million and have coped well with the virus, it's easy to see why people aren't chomping at the bit for a dose.

:D

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47625 on: January 15, 2021, 04:32:58 pm »
Deaths now hitting 1,000 per day (And will be more when the lag is filled in fully)

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47626 on: January 15, 2021, 04:39:53 pm »
Deaths now hitting 1,000 per day (And will be more when the lag is filled in fully)

It's going to take a long time for that to drop back below 1000 too. We have a month of this still to come I'd say especially given we're not at the peak for probably another week or so.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #47627 on: January 15, 2021, 04:41:42 pm »
I presume that the booking time will reduce as it works through the age ranges. I suspect that older people in care homes etc are not particularly IT savvy or text message etc. Assuming the vaccine location or booker has IT facilities as it works down through the ages more and more people can do it online or via a much quicker method ?

Yeah for sure - one call took her 13 minutes to get someone booked in yesterday as it's elderly, living alone and there's always a chance that they've not spoken to anyone all day so she refuses to rush them off the phone.

It's nice to hear though, she's already had a few people cry on her that they are happy to be offered it.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #47628 on: January 15, 2021, 04:46:44 pm »
It's going to take a long time for that to drop back below 1000 too. We have a month of this still to come I'd say especially given we're not at the peak for probably another week or so.

The death toll will officially hit 100,000 within the next week or two which will be a key milestone. Hopefully beyond the next couple of weeks it'll settle down, but the hospitals are going to be in a bad way for a while.

Everything rests on these vaccines. The graph in terms of the UK at the top of vaccine compliance says it all.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47629 on: January 15, 2021, 04:49:41 pm »

Not to stereotype or anything but I know a fair few Polish people and they all pretty much have a natural inclination to be sceptical and cynical over a lot of things. I've been surprised by how much alt-right-wing conspiracies some of them seem to freely get through their families/friends on WhatsApp etc.
YNWA.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47630 on: January 15, 2021, 04:53:50 pm »
Mum had her covid jab at one of the specially set up vaccination centres (Wirral).  It was a local leisure centre, so after the jab you went to a large room next door, where they had chairs set out 2 metres apart.  Probably around 20 chairs.  You then had to wait
there until they told you to leave.  They did have a tv on which made it more bearable.

20 chairs does slow it down, they'll need to stagger the jabs to run a 1 in 1 out of the waiting room.

Boss at work just told me his Dad has had both Pfizer shots now, he's a very active 80+ fella, but a pain in the arse as his attitude is "if it gets me it gets me".

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #47631 on: January 15, 2021, 04:54:17 pm »
"The RECOVERY Data Monitoring Committee reviewed data on patients randomised to convalescent plasma vs. usual care. The preliminary analysis based on 10,406 randomised patients with 1873 reported deaths shows no significant difference in the primary endpoint of 28-day mortality." 

https://twitter.com/PeterHorby/status/1350120604716961795

Shame but good to know.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47632 on: January 15, 2021, 04:55:03 pm »
Well the testing that was supposed to happen in schools (and is in some cases....)

Well guess what? It’s a fucking  car crash and not fit for purpose.

Round of applause for the Bad boy Gavin Williamson... he’s done it again!  What a talent!

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47633 on: January 15, 2021, 05:06:42 pm »
Travel corridors to close entirely from Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55681861
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:16:45 pm by Bincey »

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47634 on: January 15, 2021, 05:12:56 pm »

Does that mean no flights in or out at all?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #47635 on: January 15, 2021, 05:14:36 pm »
Sauce please. With statements like that, always, ALWAYS cite your sauce.....

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47636 on: January 15, 2021, 05:15:52 pm »
BBC mate

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #47638 on: January 15, 2021, 05:16:18 pm »

Yeah it should do, more places will be setup and hopefully a lot of places will start doing the vaccines 24/7

Only about 12 months too late!  They must be extremely worried about the variant from Brazil.

PM press conference

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47639 on: January 15, 2021, 05:16:39 pm »
Does that mean no flights in or out at all?
Doesn't look like it, just you need to have proof that you have had a negative test within 72 hours and then you must isolate for 10 days and they will be stepping up enforcement on this
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.