Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454836 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47520 on: January 14, 2021, 09:34:02 pm »
6pm curfew on its way next
According to who ? I’ll be amazed if that happens.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47521 on: January 14, 2021, 09:37:07 pm »
A curfew will just mean people will all shop during the day.    I go at 9pm as it’s quiet

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47522 on: January 14, 2021, 09:38:10 pm »

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47523 on: January 14, 2021, 09:38:22 pm »
A curfew will just mean people will all shop during the day.    I go at 9pm as it’s quiet

Exactly, closing all the pubs at 10.00 was the perfect example of why curfews don’t work.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47524 on: January 14, 2021, 09:38:50 pm »
I would take the numbers from many developing country with a pinch of salt to be honest, healthcare is often patchy at best and they often don’t have the means to carry out test and autopsies etc, they are also probably more prone to government interference and pressure in the numbers.

Think that's a bit of a generalised and assumptive view of Brazil to be fair. The healthcare is not on a par to the UK but to say that the government is twisting numbers, they don't have means to carry out tests, and that is why really the UK has better numbers does not add up for me. But let's even say it's true and they don't have covid tests to check if a person has it before they die, the USA who is ran by a complete lunatic and idiots running around everywhere is still fairing better that us Brits. Find it hard to see why and how we have got it so wrong.

It is a different climate in Brazil as well. They're in the middle of their summer and we're in the middle of our winter, so it's difficult to compare like for like.

Sorry mate but I was understanding that temperatures do not make a difference to the spread?

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47525 on: January 14, 2021, 09:42:57 pm »

The 6pm curfew is in France.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55669172

France are not in lockdown either

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #47526 on: January 14, 2021, 09:47:05 pm »
Sorry mate but I was understanding that temperatures do not make a difference to the spread?

It is somewhat seasonal. Brazil were relatively unscathed when US/Europe were battered in Feb-April as it was their summer. Then when their winter kicked in Covid exploded there and somewhat tapered off in Europe, relatively speaking. Then as soon as the winter season started it exploded again.

However, the seasons do vary state to state.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47527 on: January 14, 2021, 09:47:26 pm »
According to who ? I’ll be amazed if that happens.

It’s certain, testing sites have been told already

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47528 on: January 14, 2021, 09:50:02 pm »
How do you know this?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47529 on: January 14, 2021, 09:51:00 pm »
And yet we’re just about to trial 24/7 vaccinations.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47530 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:12 pm »
Think that's a bit of a generalised and assumptive view of Brazil to be fair. The healthcare is not on a par to the UK but to say that the government is twisting numbers, they don't have means to carry out tests, and that is why really the UK has better numbers does not add up for me. But let's even say it's true and they don't have covid tests to check if a person has it before they die, the USA who is ran by a complete lunatic and idiots running around everywhere is still fairing better that us Brits. Find it hard to see why and how we have got it so wrong.

I wasnt talking about Brazil specifically to be honest, nor am I trying to paint the UK governments handling in any kind of positive way, more then anything I am using my knowledge and experiences of India (where my parents are from) to draw some generalisations. India has 150k dead officially, so that’s twice what we have but with about 20 times the population. They had one lockdown at the beginning of the pandemic, lasted 6-8 weeks, no subsequent lockdowns, mask wearing and social distancing is sporadic at best (my nephew got married a couple of weeks ago, 500 guests and about 5 of them in a mask), and at the beginning of the pandemic my home state had something like 50 ventilators for a population of 30 million people and that’s one of the smaller wealthier states, there’s also been a few media investigations that have found medical staff under pressure not to put Covid on the death certificates. Now going by all of that, despite all the cock ups by our government, somethings not right there. Either the Indian approach has just proven what all the nut jobs over here have been saying and the whole thing is just a hoax, or something is going on with the numbers or something else equally strange.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47531 on: January 14, 2021, 09:57:27 pm »

Source please otherwise it's unsubstantiated nonsense.

#Sausages

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47532 on: January 14, 2021, 10:00:43 pm »
Brazil will of course have a lot more deaths as they have a population of 200m plus. Yet per 1m population UK is far far ahead, (UK 1,245 Per m / Brazil 966 per m)

Could it be down to the people in the UK, the anti-maskers, the 'your not telling me what to do' brigade, covid deniers, conspiracy nuts, selfish fucks, 'I'm alright jacks', self-righteous, is there so many more people in the UK with really shit attitudes like this? Maybe it isn't that at all and is a lot more nuanced but if we think our government is better than Brazils or Americas then I don't really know what else it can be.

UK government is useless too.  I see Steve Baker is out today writing to Tory MPs about relaxing measures or in his words ‘restoring our freedom’.  Populist far right regimes eh.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #47533 on: January 14, 2021, 10:04:26 pm »
It is somewhat seasonal. Brazil were relatively unscathed when US/Europe were battered in Feb-April as it was their summer. Then when their winter kicked in Covid exploded there and somewhat tapered off in Europe, relatively speaking. Then as soon as the winter season started it exploded again.

However, the seasons do vary state to state.
I think the impact of summer on human behaviour affects the d spread of the virus more than it directly impacts the virus itself.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47534 on: January 14, 2021, 10:05:05 pm »
If not be surprised to see things tightened but a 6pm curfew makes zero sense.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47535 on: January 14, 2021, 10:06:18 pm »
UK government is useless too.  I see Steve Baker is out today writing to Tory MPs about relaxing measures or in his words ‘restoring our freedom’.  Populist far right regimes eh.

I saw that earlier too, but the article was referencing the S*n so I didn’t pay too much attention to it.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47536 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:13 pm »
I'm sure BBC just said over 1200 deaths today.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47537 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:23 pm »
2.9 million doses, 300,000 today according to the BBC
Thinking is overrated.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47538 on: January 14, 2021, 10:16:21 pm »
What’s the point of a curfew if they want to vaccinate 24/7?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47539 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:15 pm »
I saw that earlier too, but the article was referencing the S*n so I didn’t pay too much attention to it.

Reported in a few newspapers and reported on sky & bbc news earlier.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47540 on: January 14, 2021, 10:36:23 pm »
I'm sure BBC just said over 1200 deaths today.

1,248 deaths and 48,262 new cases.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47541 on: January 14, 2021, 10:38:31 pm »
Curfew makes no sense, it would just condense people into shops during a much smaller window which is no good for anyone.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47542 on: January 14, 2021, 10:49:52 pm »

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:55:50 pm by filopastry »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47543 on: January 14, 2021, 10:50:52 pm »
I wasnt talking about Brazil specifically to be honest, nor am I trying to paint the UK governments handling in any kind of positive way, more then anything I am using my knowledge and experiences of India (where my parents are from) to draw some generalisations. India has 150k dead officially, so that’s twice what we have but with about 20 times the population. They had one lockdown at the beginning of the pandemic, lasted 6-8 weeks, no subsequent lockdowns, mask wearing and social distancing is sporadic at best (my nephew got married a couple of weeks ago, 500 guests and about 5 of them in a mask), and at the beginning of the pandemic my home state had something like 50 ventilators for a population of 30 million people and that’s one of the smaller wealthier states, there’s also been a few media investigations that have found medical staff under pressure not to put Covid on the death certificates. Now going by all of that, despite all the cock ups by our government, somethings not right there. Either the Indian approach has just proven what all the nut jobs over here have been saying and the whole thing is just a hoax, or something is going on with the numbers or something else equally strange.

It looks like something strange is going on. It's an important case study that needs careful consideration before just saying it's a cover up. Lots of poor and rural population won't have same access to health care but cities are bursting at the seams and public hospitals are often full usually anyway. Be interested if anyone has come across good articles examining th e pandemic situation there
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47544 on: January 14, 2021, 10:55:52 pm »
Curfew makes no sense, it would just condense people into shops during a much smaller window which is no good for anyone.

To be honest best ignored at the moment, new member, low post count, posting something that hasn't been verified by reliable sources, i'm wary of the i've been told verbally by someone shit. 
#Sausages

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47545 on: January 14, 2021, 11:01:05 pm »
Daily hospital admissions for England seem to have plateaued for the most recent dates with data available - around 3,500 for Jan 4th and 3,500 for the most recent data on Jan 10th. That's encouraging as it's here that we'll see the first real sign of any improvement for those working so hard in the health care system. Hopefully we see this continue and drop sharply.

The total in hospital in UK is continuing to rise to the most recent date of data, Jan 12th. We can't really expect this to peak and begin to fall until we see it first in the daily admissions numbers above. If we are now seeing that (at least for England), then it may begin to drop by the end of the week. Not fast enough for those working in the hospitals of course, but the first signs in the numbers that things might be about to improve.

This hasn’t panned out then. We now have 2 extra days of admissions data for England and it’s back up to above 4,000.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47546 on: January 14, 2021, 11:02:39 pm »
To be honest best ignored at the moment, new member, low post count, posting something that hasn't been verified by reliable sources, i'm wary of the i've been told verbally by someone shit.

He’s been registered nearly 16 years  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47547 on: January 14, 2021, 11:09:24 pm »
He’s been registered nearly 16 years  ;D

Fuckin hell didn't see that. :-[ ;D

But yep i'm suspicious of members, posting i've heard this or i've heard that ecc, without confirming it from a reliable source, it's bad enough on the transfer threads, but when something more serious like this i take it with a pinch of salt. unless it's confirmed by a reliable source
#Sausages

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47548 on: January 14, 2021, 11:24:01 pm »
This hasn’t panned out then. We now have 2 extra days of admissions data for England and it’s back up to above 4,000.

At best short term trend this week shows new case numbers levelling.  May be couple of weeks to see deaths drop.  Think there were a few consecutive days last week where new cases were 60k+.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47549 on: January 14, 2021, 11:36:23 pm »
How do you know this?

A mate works at one, that’s what they were informed of today.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47550 on: January 15, 2021, 12:16:17 am »
Can somebody help me - what is the company who was given the responsibility for track and trace?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47551 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:37 am »
Can somebody help me - what is the company who was given the responsibility for track and trace?

Woolworths.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47552 on: January 15, 2021, 12:44:24 am »
Woolworths.

I'm being serious mate, I'm wanting to bring all the facts of what this government have done and bring them to account.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47553 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45:15 am »
Can anyone who has information on where our tax payers money has been spent for COVID by this government please message me....i'm going to set up a website explaining this.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47554 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45:53 am »

I'm being serious mate, I'm wanting to bring all the facts of what this government have done and bring them to account.

Pretty sure its Serco

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47555 on: January 15, 2021, 12:55:22 am »
Can anyone who has information on where our tax payers money has been spent for COVID by this government please message me....i'm going to set up a website explaining this.

I’d probably find better sources than RAWK for the info mate if you’re going to publish it  ;D

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47556 on: January 15, 2021, 01:02:41 am »
Documents published by the Treasury show that the UK government has so far spent £10bn (€11.2bn; $12.7bn) on its much derided covid-19 test and trace programme. Private companies such as Serco, Sitel, and Capita are among those awarded contracts to run the programme.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3037

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47558 on: January 15, 2021, 01:04:50 am »
Can anyone with more information please message me, i'm determined to put a factual website together to share this info

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan