Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440824 times)

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47480 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:12 pm »
The Times are reporting that the UK is preparing to vaccinate 500,000 people a day by next week. Interesting. That would be amazing if true really.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #47481 on: January 14, 2021, 06:09:51 pm »
Imagine if it was Liverpool. It'd lead every news bulletin for days.

It's ok. Leeds haven't just won a trophy.

It's just people who have been indoors since last March letting off a little steam. Understandable hijinks. Move along, nothing to see...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47482 on: January 14, 2021, 06:10:38 pm »
The Times are reporting that the UK is preparing to vaccinate 500,000 people a day by next week. Interesting. That would be amazing if true really.

Brilliant news.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47483 on: January 14, 2021, 06:24:28 pm »
Staggering amount. Wonder if people will start asking each other what vaccine they got ;D

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47484 on: January 14, 2021, 06:25:11 pm »

I think that’s what it will take to get to the government target, they have to do what about another 11-12 million people in the next 31 days, plus they might be some slowdown on the weekends so will need to hit 500,000 most days to reach their target of about 14 million people by 14/02/21.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47485 on: January 14, 2021, 06:28:27 pm »
Just witnessed an altercation in my local Tesco between staff and a bloke who refused to wear a mask, insisted he was medically exempt but they weren't having it, twat even threw a basket at one of the staff.

Good to see the supermarkets getting strict.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47486 on: January 14, 2021, 06:28:29 pm »
Is 500k sustainable going forwards from a supplies point of view, from AZ and Pfizer alone, or would we need Janssen and/or Novavax/Moderna to come through to maintain that?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:31:04 pm by filopastry »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47487 on: January 14, 2021, 06:40:10 pm »
R number in NI has dropped to 0.7-0.9 apparently and adopted same travel restrictions as those applicable in ROI.  Edging towards an all island approach after 9months. 

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47488 on: January 14, 2021, 06:44:48 pm »
I think that’s what it will take to get to the government target, they have to do what about another 11-12 million people in the next 31 days, plus they might be some slowdown on the weekends so will need to hit 500,000 most days to reach their target of about 14 million people by 14/02/21.

These government targets are arbitrary and fairly pointless to be honest.

We need to be told 3 daily (or somewhat regularly) figures:
1) how many doses are in the UK, in vials, waiting for regulatory checks
2) how many doses are ready for use and currently in storage
3) how many doses have been given

The success or failure of this vaccination program isn't really down to hitting a target number - it's making sure that there is no bottleneck in the above. That large amounts of vaccine isn't waiting for long at the regulatory stage and isn't sitting in storage when it's ready for use.

If the government keep the dose numbers moving from 1 to 3 above at a steady pace, it's successful.  If they keep the flow of doses from 1 to 3 without very little time at any of those points, then all should be rightly applauded as it would be a level above successful. If there is a growing significant number of doses  in the 1 and 2 category above that isn't filtering through to 3 then they've failed - regardless of if they've hit or missed any target they set.

Just my opinion anyway.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47489 on: January 14, 2021, 06:48:05 pm »
Good news on vaccines...

We’ve vaccinated more today than the french have in total.

(Although there is an argument that the french have now vaccinated everyone in the country who isn’t an anitvax nut).

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:51:36 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47490 on: January 14, 2021, 06:59:24 pm »
These government targets are arbitrary and fairly pointless to be honest.

We need to be told 3 daily (or somewhat regularly) figures:
1) how many doses are in the UK, in vials, waiting for regulatory checks
2) how many doses are ready for use and currently in storage
3) how many doses have been given

The success or failure of this vaccination program isn't really down to hitting a target number - it's making sure that there is no bottleneck in the above. That large amounts of vaccine isn't waiting for long at the regulatory stage and isn't sitting in storage when it's ready for use.

If the government keep the dose numbers moving from 1 to 3 above at a steady pace, it's successful.  If they keep the flow of doses from 1 to 3 without very little time at any of those points, then all should be rightly applauded as it would be a level above successful. If there is a growing significant number of doses  in the 1 and 2 category above that isn't filtering through to 3 then they've failed - regardless of if they've hit or missed any target they set.

Just my opinion anyway.

Oh, I agree on the target being pretty arbitrary but it’s a target the government have nailed their colours too, and if they can do 500,000 a day consistently (and that’s the key part - consistently) then that would suggest that the first two of the figures you raise are adequate to deliver the 3rd.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47491 on: January 14, 2021, 06:59:37 pm »
Don’t have an answer for you sorry. But when are kids due to get vaccinated anyway? Way down the line presumably?

Yeah it's ages away yet. I say 15, but he's still 14. Turns 15 in July and I expect he'll still be a few months away after that.
His mum believes every conspiracy theory there is. JFK, Moon landings, 9/11, and now this. She's a dickhead.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47492 on: January 14, 2021, 07:04:48 pm »
Situation in Manaus in Brazil sounds awful, for somewhere that supposedly had hit herd immunity already, now running out of Oxygen to treat patients.

Hopefully not a case where new variants are becoming problems for those who have previously had the illness

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47493 on: January 14, 2021, 07:12:58 pm »
Situation in Manaus in Brazil sounds awful, for somewhere that supposedly had hit herd immunity already, now running out of Oxygen to treat patients.

Hopefully not a case where new variants are becoming problems for those who have previously had the illness

206k dead in Brazil.  Globally only the US has more deaths at this point.  So over half a million dead between Bolsanaro and Trump administrations.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47494 on: January 14, 2021, 07:14:31 pm »

It’s down to luck what mutations we end up with, but by allowing the virus to spread unabated as they are doing in some parts of the world the more opportunities for the virus to mutate, the greater the chance for one of those mutations to be take us right back to the beginning of this.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47495 on: January 14, 2021, 07:38:11 pm »
Yeah it's ages away yet. I say 15, but he's still 14. Turns 15 in July and I expect he'll still be a few months away after that.
His mum believes every conspiracy theory there is. JFK, Moon landings, 9/11, and now this. She's a dickhead.

Been a while since I’ve seen you mention her but I remember that list I think!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47496 on: January 14, 2021, 07:46:14 pm »
206k dead in Brazil.  Globally only the US has more deaths at this point.  So over half a million dead between Bolsanaro and Trump administrations.

Brazil will of course have a lot more deaths as they have a population of 200m plus. Yet per 1m population UK is far far ahead, (UK 1,245 Per m / Brazil 966 per m)

Could it be down to the people in the UK, the anti-maskers, the 'your not telling me what to do' brigade, covid deniers, conspiracy nuts, selfish fucks, 'I'm alright jacks', self-righteous, is there so many more people in the UK with really shit attitudes like this? Maybe it isn't that at all and is a lot more nuanced but if we think our government is better than Brazils or Americas then I don't really know what else it can be.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #47497 on: January 14, 2021, 08:01:23 pm »
Anyone know what's the latest on schools? are they all supposed to be back on Monday?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47498 on: January 14, 2021, 08:02:36 pm »
Anyone know what's the latest on schools? are they all supposed to be back on Monday?

All closed until Feb half term aren't they?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47499 on: January 14, 2021, 08:02:54 pm »
After half term.... but is suspect that’s unlikely..

I was talking to a group of people on a zoom conference today.  One is in a special school which is still open.

They’ve had real problems with the lateral flow tests.  Said they got negatives on a Friday and then loads with symptoms and positive PCR tests on Monday .....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47500 on: January 14, 2021, 08:04:36 pm »
Brazil will of course have a lot more deaths as they have a population of 200m plus. Yet per 1m population UK is far far ahead, (UK 1,245 Per m / Brazil 966 per m)

Could it be down to the people in the UK, the anti-maskers, the 'your not telling me what to do' brigade, covid deniers, conspiracy nuts, selfish fucks, 'I'm alright jacks', self-righteous, is there so many more people in the UK with really shit attitudes like this? Maybe it isn't that at all and is a lot more nuanced but if we think our government is better than Brazils or Americas then I don't really know what else it can be.

I would take the numbers from many developing country with a pinch of salt to be honest, healthcare is often patchy at best and they often don’t have the means to carry out test and autopsies etc, they are also probably more prone to government interference and pressure in the numbers.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47501 on: January 14, 2021, 08:04:39 pm »
Oh are they? sorry don't know what the latest info is...  is this for all schools (primary included) or just secondary and higher...   

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47502 on: January 14, 2021, 08:04:50 pm »
They’re not reopening until after February half term at the earliest was my understanding.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #47503 on: January 14, 2021, 08:07:36 pm »
48,682 new cases today.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #47504 on: January 14, 2021, 08:08:52 pm »

It is a different climate in Brazil as well. They're in the middle of their summer and we're in the middle of our winter, so it's difficult to compare like for like.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47505 on: January 14, 2021, 08:09:58 pm »
Oh are they? sorry don't know what the latest info is...  is this for all schools (primary included) or just secondary and higher...   

All schools mate, it was announced at the same time is the new lockdown. They're still open for children of key workers but Gavin Williamson has made it so that everyone who works is a key worker...

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47506 on: January 14, 2021, 08:19:56 pm »
All schools mate, it was announced at the same time is the new lockdown. They're still open for children of key workers but Gavin Williamson has made it so that everyone who works is a key worker...
Cheers mate, gotta tell my sister to call her daughters' primary school up to confirm (it's in Ealing, London) and they sent them a letter at the time (January 4th) saying it will only be for 2 weeks and didn't update them further (they're usually quite good with this sort of thing, through e-mail, SMS etc).

I think quite a few parents will be under the impression that it will be back to school on Monday unless they update everyone, will double check tomorrow!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47507 on: January 14, 2021, 08:29:16 pm »
Cheers mate, gotta tell my sister to call her daughters' primary school up to confirm (it's in Ealing, London) and they sent them a letter at the time (January 4th) saying it will only be for 2 weeks and didn't update them further (they're usually quite good with this sort of thing, through e-mail, SMS etc).

I think quite a few parents will be under the impression that it will be back to school on Monday unless they update everyone, will double check tomorrow!
That was the position on the very first day, but the government has since updated it.
W

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47508 on: January 14, 2021, 08:34:50 pm »
That was the position on the very first day, but the government has since updated it.
Cheers mate, the school have said owt and the website doesn't say anything new either so I'll get her to call them tomorrow, think they should make it clearer probably. The latest on there still says 2 weeks from the 4th of Jan!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47509 on: January 14, 2021, 08:46:54 pm »
Cheers mate, the school have said owt and the website doesn't say anything new either so I'll get her to call them tomorrow, think they should make it clearer probably. The latest on there still says 2 weeks from the 4th of Jan!
They will have forgotten to update it.

It will be half term at the earliest, and most likely March (optimistically )
W

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47510 on: January 14, 2021, 08:50:17 pm »
Yeah I did wonder about it, seeing as all the headlines are pointing to a worsening situation. Hopefully they'll send out an updated communication tomorrow. To be fair they got the initial news to lockdown very, very late, so it is all a bit chaotic.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47511 on: January 14, 2021, 08:55:49 pm »
48,682 new cases today.

Have they said how many have died as I heard Vallance say the figures will be high for the next few weeks.

Hopefully we start hitting 500k vaccines as The Times suggests too.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47512 on: January 14, 2021, 08:57:14 pm »
Have they said how many have died as I heard Vallance say the figures will be high for the next few weeks.

Hopefully we start hitting 500k vaccines as The Times suggests too.

Deaths numbers still not out, reporting issues today

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47513 on: January 14, 2021, 08:57:34 pm »
Yeah I did wonder about it, seeing as all the headlines are pointing to a worsening situation. Hopefully they'll send out an updated communication tomorrow. To be fair they got the initial news to lockdown very, very late, so it is all a bit chaotic.

All England schools are closed to students unless key worker kids until February half term. Wales, we're until the 29th at the earliest.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47514 on: January 14, 2021, 09:02:50 pm »
Deaths numbers still not out, reporting issues today

Cheers mate

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47515 on: January 14, 2021, 09:21:20 pm »
R number in NI has dropped to 0.7-0.9 apparently and adopted same travel restrictions as those applicable in ROI.  Edging towards an all island approach after 9months. 

About time but a tad too late as the R rate down south is closer to 3. Will be interesting to see how they roll out the vaccines to meet their goal of 4m by end of the summer as right now 75k have just received their first doses.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47516 on: January 14, 2021, 09:23:33 pm »
All England schools are closed to students unless key worker kids until February half term. Wales, we're until the 29th at the earliest.
Cheers, yeah I guess it's nationwide. Makes sense.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47517 on: January 14, 2021, 09:25:28 pm »
6pm curfew on its way next

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47518 on: January 14, 2021, 09:27:19 pm »

The virus doesn’t like the days and only comes out after 6pm. It’s a well known fact.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47519 on: January 14, 2021, 09:32:06 pm »

Makes zero sense, in some situations, am thinking things like supermarkets longer opening hours are potentially better as it allows shoppers to spread their visits out over longer periods so less of them are in the store at any one time.
Thinking is overrated.