Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454504 times)

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47440 on: January 14, 2021, 11:08:15 am »

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #47441 on: January 14, 2021, 11:20:39 am »
My mother in law, a nurse, has had it twice. She has it at the moment and is feeling pretty rough. She is in her early 60's and not a million miles off retirement. I think these past 12 months have caused her to reassess her retirement date. The poor woman's entire existence centres around her two grandchildren and she has seen them only a few times in the last year - certainly not over christmas and she understands our concerns given where she works so hasn't seen them face to face in many months.

To all those that have posted about loved ones being diagnosed I wish all well and sincerely hope all recover.

I wish her well - bet she (and you) couldn't believe it when contracting it a second time.

Having had it recently, the main reason I ask if selfish as mentally, you can "relax" (not my standards but my stress) of catching it a second time for a short while.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47442 on: January 14, 2021, 12:35:16 pm »
I wish her well - bet she (and you) couldn't believe it when contracting it a second time.

Having had it recently, the main reason I ask if selfish as mentally, you can "relax" (not my standards but my stress) of catching it a second time for a short while.
How far between each bout? Not heard of many having it twice.

I only saw the end of the interview so missed that bit.

Reports this morning saying most people have immunity for 5 months after catching it, an 83% lower risk of catching it than someone who hasn't had it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55651518
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47443 on: January 14, 2021, 12:55:55 pm »
4.46m waiting to start hospital treatment as at the end of November, which is the highest since records began.  Obviously Covid is unprecedented and sky have docs on reporting a lack of equipment.  10 years of Tory ‘austerity’ impacting NHS budgets won’t have helped.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47444 on: January 14, 2021, 12:59:45 pm »
4.46m waiting to start hospital treatment as at the end of November, which is the highest since records began.  Obviously Covid is unprecedented and sky have docs on reporting a lack of equipment.  10 years of Tory ‘austerity’ impacting NHS budgets won’t have helped.
Yet according to my dickhead work colleagues it's all a bit daft and the government have their stats all wrong [emoji50]

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47445 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:00 pm »

I see Rob (above) has posted what I was about to about immunity up to 83% for a minimum of 5 months

We are a little taken aback that she has seemingly caught it again. Of course her exposure is so much higher by the nature of her work. She tells me that on the non covid wards - which she has primarily remained on - the only protection is the standard mask and gloves. Those working on the covid wards are fully suited and booted for it.

What is entirely clear to me is that frontline staff need vaccination asap. Without them there is no treatment and frankly the rest of it makes no difference if they are not able to work.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47446 on: January 14, 2021, 01:56:37 pm »
A customer of mine is an ITU nurse.  She said she’s had it twice

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
« Reply #47447 on: January 14, 2021, 02:41:03 pm »
According to Matt Hancock, 3m vaccines administered as of today. That is an approx 370,000 increase from yesterday's figures. Brilliant if true.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #47448 on: January 14, 2021, 02:58:09 pm »
According to Matt Hancock, 3m vaccines administered as of today. That is an approx 370,000 increase from yesterday's figures. Brilliant if true.

This includes second doses, but it's still reasonably impressive

Offline jameslfc1997

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47449 on: January 14, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »

Incredible figures wonder how scalable this is, we probably won't know for at least another two weeks

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
« Reply #47450 on: January 14, 2021, 03:16:26 pm »
This includes second doses, but it's still reasonably impressive

I inferred that he was referring to today's figures not yet released, but i may be wrong.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47451 on: January 14, 2021, 03:43:06 pm »
My local vaccine centre suddenly closed as the vaccines expired, there’s a sign outside the door hmmm

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47452 on: January 14, 2021, 03:45:19 pm »
I only saw the end of the interview so missed that bit.

Reports this morning saying most people have immunity for 5 months after catching it, an 83% lower risk of catching it than someone who hasn't had it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55651518
Sounds like a great study. More details here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past-covid-19-infection-provides-some-immunity-but-people-may-still-carry-and-transmit-virus

It’s a shame they didn’t release the actual paper with the press release but it’s expected tonight apparently.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #47453 on: January 14, 2021, 04:12:19 pm »
Finally..

BBC News - South America travel ban over Brazil variant fears
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55666198
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #47454 on: January 14, 2021, 04:35:58 pm »
yep idiots like your work colleague don't help, where the government could help though would be to offer full pay for anyone off-sick with CoVid

100% agree that this should be the case. Easiest way would be to simply get employers to pay full salaries and submit a claim for repayment on their next payroll run so it isn't causing people who are off work to have to wait.

I get the feeling that the govt is relying on company's to have a funded sickness scheme where they pay for x many days of being ill in a year.

In this particular instance though, we are all set up to WFH (its accounts and audit - a laptop, internet connection and you are sorted) and the company is covering pay of those off sick with the Rona so he has no excuse other than simply being dim. Certainly don't think there was any malice or owt.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #47455 on: January 14, 2021, 04:40:29 pm »
I have just been reading the last few pages of the thread. I hope everyone with loved ones with positive tests for Covid make a full a speedy recovery.

Is there talk/plans of the vaccination program being rolled out more to places like GP's/ pharmacies etc or is it just confined to community health hubs? I hear some are being done in GP's others other places like health centres. Would make it easier I guess the more places open to you to get vaccinated

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47456 on: January 14, 2021, 04:50:44 pm »
Reports of some vaccine centres having to throw out some today on Twitter.

Surely they should keep a reserve list of medical/healthcare staff and maybe some local elderly or extremely vulnerable people who could come over in a few hours notice to get their second shot?
YNWA.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #47457 on: January 14, 2021, 04:58:25 pm »
I have just been reading the last few pages of the thread. I hope everyone with loved ones with positive tests for Covid make a full a speedy recovery.

Is there talk/plans of the vaccination program being rolled out more to places like GP's/ pharmacies etc or is it just confined to community health hubs? I hear some are being done in GP's others other places like health centres. Would make it easier I guess the more places open to you to get vaccinated

My local ASDA has a pharmacy and ASDA have emailed to say they’ll be part of the rollout over the next few months.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47458 on: January 14, 2021, 05:00:44 pm »
Finally..

BBC News - South America travel ban over Brazil variant fears
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55666198
What I don't get is that British nationals are exempt from this and can still fly to the UK but must self-isolate for 10 days.  They should be taken to an isolation centre and made to isolate like they did with the ones who came back from China at the start of the pandemic.  It only takes one idiot not to adhere to the self-isolation rule and it gets into the Community
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #47459 on: January 14, 2021, 05:02:49 pm »
My local ASDA has a pharmacy and ASDA have emailed to say they’ll be part of the rollout over the next few months.

I know they do things like flu jabs at places like supermarkets so good news in that case. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47460 on: January 14, 2021, 05:06:30 pm »
Reports of some vaccine centres having to throw out some today on Twitter.

Surely they should keep a reserve list of medical/healthcare staff and maybe some local elderly or extremely vulnerable people who could come over in a few hours notice to get their second shot?

As a last resort just grab a random passerby and inject them. None of this should ever go to waste.

GPs are already doing it, as are care homes for patients. Boots and Superdrug have started doing vaccinations today and Asda all all going to be doing this soon. The annual flu jab is available at any high street chemist, you register first, I think this is so that when you get your jab, your NHS record can be updated, so eventually the AZ jab should be available like the flu jab.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47461 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:32 pm »
Fucking hundreds of idiots having a mass snowball fight in a park Leeds :no

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349724505233620992

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47462 on: January 14, 2021, 05:12:38 pm »
Today's numbers are delayed due to an issue processing deaths data

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47463 on: January 14, 2021, 05:20:27 pm »

Hyde park.    Big student area

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #47464 on: January 14, 2021, 05:21:04 pm »
How do you get contacted for the vaccine?

Do they call you through whatever phone you have listed at your surgery? And does the number come up as “NHS” or something on your phone screen, or would it be your local surgery’s number?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47465 on: January 14, 2021, 05:28:35 pm »
How do you deal with a fruitcake of an ex that insists your 15 year old son won't be getting vaccinated? She'll be registered as the contact with the GP, so any notification will go to her and she'll just either not tell me at all, or tell me she's got it but isn't allowing him to get the vaccine.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #47466 on: January 14, 2021, 05:29:48 pm »

Do they call you through whatever phone you have listed at your surgery? And does the number come up as “NHS” or something on your phone screen, or would it be your local surgery’s number?

I can help with part 1 of your question. They ring the contact details they have with your GP.  As I think they text you where you need to go to get vaccinated with address details.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47467 on: January 14, 2021, 05:29:52 pm »

My neighbor was notified by letter but then she's mid 80s and prefers everything in writing.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47468 on: January 14, 2021, 05:33:26 pm »
How do you deal with a fruitcake of an ex that insists your 15 year old son won't be getting vaccinated? She'll be registered as the contact with the GP, so any notification will go to her and she'll just either not tell me at all, or tell me she's got it but isn't allowing him to get the vaccine.
The Pfizer EUA is for 16+ anyway so he wont be invited to have that as yet. Not sure about AZ. Once 16 would it not be his choice so you may be able to influence him to reject the conspiracy nuts.

I think a lot of the floating voters regarding the vaccines will be swayed by things like not being able to travel without proof of it etc as time moves on anyway and it will be left with the hard cord nutjobs shouting at clouds.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #47469 on: January 14, 2021, 05:35:18 pm »
My neighbor was notified by letter but then she's mid 80s and prefers everything in writing.

smart lady. Always have everything in writing I think you are also correct as I was talking to one of my mums elderly friends and she said that she had got a letter inviting her to get an appointment for the jab and then rang them to set up a date and time. So I guess it does depend on how proactive your GP is I guess.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #47470 on: January 14, 2021, 05:38:28 pm »
The Pfizer EUA is for 16+ anyway so he wont be invited to have that as yet. Not sure about AZ. Once 16 would it not be his choice so you may be able to influence him to reject the conspiracy nuts.

I think a lot of the floating voters regarding the vaccines will be swayed by things like not being able to travel without proof of it etc as time moves on anyway and it will be left with the hard cord nutjobs shouting at clouds.

Good point. And £50 is VERY persuasive.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #47471 on: January 14, 2021, 05:38:56 pm »
Sorry, this isn’t going to help much but I’ve reached my limit of patience with these morons. I don’t have social media so normally I don’t come into contact with such people, but obviously Covid is big enough that we talk about it on WhatsApp etc.

A friend of mine is against the vaccine because he “doesn’t trust the government”. Tried to calmly explain that it’s more an issue of trusting science, which predictably had no impact. Today another of my friends who’s recovered from COVID was invited to donate plasma. The response from both these two and another of my friends was “fuck that”.

I cannot fathom the ignorance. I’ve stopped engaging with it as it will do no good and I will only wind myself up at an already anxious time. Infuriating.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47472 on: January 14, 2021, 05:46:38 pm »
48,682 cases reported, deaths will be delayed

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47473 on: January 14, 2021, 05:48:25 pm »
48,682 cases reported, deaths will be delayed
About 4000 down on last Thursday I think.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47474 on: January 14, 2021, 05:49:51 pm »

The gov website hasn’t been updated with today’s figures, so hopefully he’s right. If we’re doing 370k then even if we can do that for 6 days a week that’s the government target of 2 million a week met with some margin.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #47475 on: January 14, 2021, 05:50:27 pm »
Public Health England on their findings so far about how long immunity lasts for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past-covid-19-infection-provides-some-immunity-but-people-may-still-carry-and-transmit-virus

Brass tacks of it is, so far as is known up to now, the vast majority of us won't catch it again within at least 5 months of first having it. But. There's also some evidence to suggest that there are some who'll be able to continue to pass it around even while not being sick themselves and having had it themselves before.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #47476 on: January 14, 2021, 05:51:35 pm »

Imagine if it was Liverpool. It'd lead every news bulletin for days.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #47477 on: January 14, 2021, 05:54:15 pm »
Sorry, this isn’t going to help much but I’ve reached my limit of patience with these morons. I don’t have social media so normally I don’t come into contact with such people, but obviously Covid is big enough that we talk about it on WhatsApp etc.

A friend of mine is against the vaccine because he “doesn’t trust the government”. Tried to calmly explain that it’s more an issue of trusting science, which predictably had no impact. Today another of my friends who’s recovered from COVID was invited to donate plasma. The response from both these two and another of my friends was “fuck that”.

I cannot fathom the ignorance. I’ve stopped engaging with it as it will do no good and I will only wind myself up at an already anxious time. Infuriating.

I have just had it with them too. Been dealing with this absolute twat who abused both my mother and my sister on Twatbook earlier, they had only said that those who wouldn't wear a mask should not be going out - and this piece of trash called them all sorts.

Social Media need to be banning all such pondscum, and publicise such bans.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #47478 on: January 14, 2021, 05:58:05 pm »
I have just had it with them too. Been dealing with this absolute twat who abused both my mother and my sister on Twatbook earlier, they had only said that those who wouldn't wear a mask should not be going out - and this piece of trash called them all sorts.

Social Media need to be banning all such pondscum, and publicise such bans.

I don't know how people can stand these big social networking sites at all. Just utter poison.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47479 on: January 14, 2021, 06:01:18 pm »

Don’t have an answer for you sorry. But when are kids due to get vaccinated anyway? Way down the line presumably?