Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440564 times)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64040 on: November 17, 2021, 01:35:24 pm »
Some of these idiots would wear a mask if the government told them you must not wear a mask, if you told them in no way should you get a vaccine, they would go right out and get a vaccine.
This is it, plain and simple. I have two friends who haven’t been vaccinated who take all sorts of drugs. Every weekend, they’ll take whatever’s handed to them. The “you don’t know what’s in it” line doesn’t ring true with that lifestyle. They don’t like being told what to do. If the vaccine was marketed as something scientists were trying to keep quiet, they’d take it.

You can go further down this rabbit hole. For whatever reason some people have a real distrust of experts and anyone vastly more knowledgable than themselves on a given area. Another friend of mine has refused vaccination because of random things he’s read online. Nothing new here I know, but I think this is symptomatic of a real insecurity problem. Some people personalities are so fragile that they can’t confront the idea of expertise.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:37:11 pm by S »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64041 on: November 17, 2021, 01:40:39 pm »
This is it, plain and simple. I have two friends who haven’t been vaccinated who take all sorts of drugs. Every weekend, they’ll take whatever’s handed to them. The “you don’t know what’s in it” line doesn’t ring true with that lifestyle. They don’t like being told what to do. If the vaccine was marketed as something scientists were trying to keep quiet, they’d take it.

You can go further down this rabbit hole. For whatever reason some people have a real distrust of experts and anyone vastly more knowledgable than themselves on a given area. Another friend of mine has refused vaccination because of random things he’s read online. Nothing new here I know, but I think this is symptomatic of a real insecurity problem. Some people personalities are so fragile that they can’t confront the idea of expertise.

Pretty much exactly the same as my lad's mum as mentioned above.
Been arguing with her basically since he decided he wants vaccinated. This morning she sent me some stuff from the CDC website, despite me repeatedly telling her I want UK based facts. It contained some info on possible side effects. When I responded with links from the same CDC website showing that the recommended young people his age be vaccinated and the benefits of it, she quickly moved on to something else.
They're a bunch of wankers who don't like being proven wrong.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64042 on: November 17, 2021, 01:45:00 pm »
Ah that's annoying. I was double A bullshit film by a charlatan who unethically exploited his children's friends and lost his medical license for fraud (Astra) and as long as got an antigen test done within 48hrs prior didn't have to isolate when there.

It is bizarre how something as simple as just wearing a mask indoors or on public transport wasn't kept up here. Not only because it is effective, but because it keeps being careful in your mindset. I'm always pretty good at keeping my distance over here (many are not) but over there it was doubly on my mind because I had a mask on and it just reminded me, same for sanitizing my hands when I entered somewhere. It was quite evident over here that the minute people were told masks weren't required anymore they decided that queuing right up behind you, not sanitizing hands, etc. was all pointless too - and it's for sure shown in the number of deaths we've had over here imo.

I wish an admin would turn off that autocorrect, it confuses the fuck outta me every time  ;D
YNWA.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64043 on: November 17, 2021, 01:45:34 pm »
Does "Gillick competence" apply in NI as well as the rest of the UK? Looks like the route we're going to have to go down for my 15 year old to get his vaccine. He wants it, I want him to get it, his mum is still brainwashed by Instagram.
I've booked his vaccine for Sunday, but she said she will also be going and will refuse to give consent for him to get it.  :butt

Let on you’re taking him to get vaccinated at one place and then go another.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #64044 on: November 17, 2021, 01:49:45 pm »
Just had my booster up at the ground. Fairly quick but the queues were a couple of hundred back and asked us to wait 15 minutes after jab. Different than the First time in aintree as was just in an out.
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64045 on: November 17, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »
Let on you’re taking him to get vaccinated at one place and then go another.

He's with her this week and next, so I'll be picking him up at her house. She is following in her car. I reckon mine is faster though  :D

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64046 on: November 17, 2021, 01:56:31 pm »
Got my booster at a walkin today with no issues, it looks like it was my trial vaccines messing up the system a bit for eligibility when it came to me trying to book appointments online

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64047 on: November 17, 2021, 02:14:20 pm »
Just had my booster up at the ground. Fairly quick but the queues were a couple of hundred back and asked us to wait 15 minutes after jab. Different than the First time in aintree as was just in an out.

You and your sex life again  ::)

I've tried this with the mate I mentioned earlier, he won't get vaccinated for all kinds of bullshit reasons, but happily sucks on 20 cancer sticks a day :butt

I think he will eventually get done and that is only to enable him to go to Tenerife on holiday.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64048 on: November 17, 2021, 03:13:07 pm »
Does "Gillick competence" apply in NI as well as the rest of the UK? Looks like the route we're going to have to go down for my 15 year old to get his vaccine. He wants it, I want him to get it, his mum is still brainwashed by Instagram.
I've booked his vaccine for Sunday, but she said she will also be going and will refuse to give consent for him to get it.  :butt

i know how headstrong these people can be in their beliefs, but maybe you could ask her to write a few questions around the vaccine and to take them with you to the vaccination centre? there's a doctor there and from what i've seen whilst volunteering they've offered up a private room for anyone uncertain to discuss their issues. there's no pressure either way, but maybe that'll help her let your son have his vaccine.
YNWA.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #64049 on: November 17, 2021, 03:32:38 pm »

hate dealing with bull shit like that with my ex

so much easier if you just tell your ex nothing then just go and do what you need to do on your custody time

I hope you only need one parents consent and not both

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64050 on: November 17, 2021, 03:39:46 pm »
Pretty much exactly the same as my lad's mum as mentioned above.
Been arguing with her basically since he decided he wants vaccinated. This morning she sent me some stuff from the CDC website, despite me repeatedly telling her I want UK based facts. It contained some info on possible side effects. When I responded with links from the same CDC website showing that the recommended young people his age be vaccinated and the benefits of it, she quickly moved on to something else.
They're a bunch of wankers who don't like being proven wrong.

There you go;

https://www.medicalprotection.org/uk/articles/ni-consent-children-and-young-people

Mind you just hope Ian Paisley Jr and that prick Van Morrison aren't picketing the vaccination centre. ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64051 on: November 17, 2021, 03:47:05 pm »

Reading the link that Howard just provided it looks like there's nothing your ex can do, assuming your lad has capacity to decide for himself.

Even if you both didn't give consent he can consent himself
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 03:55:10 pm by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64052 on: November 17, 2021, 03:55:32 pm »
My 13 yr old has had his vaccination this afternoon - wimp is moaning his ickle arm hurts and he feels poorly ;D

So pleased to have had him done though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64053 on: November 17, 2021, 04:43:44 pm »
He's just text me

"Why did you have to tell her I'm getting the vaccine. I'm now going to have to listen to her moaning for the next 30 minutes about how her friends friends nephew took the vaccine and died or some other nonsense and either way it won't change my mind"

Good lad  :D

(Just to note, the friends friends nephew doesn't actually exist)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64054 on: November 17, 2021, 04:53:06 pm »
He's just text me

"Why did you have to tell her I'm getting the vaccine. I'm now going to have to listen to her moaning for the next 30 minutes about how her friends friends nephew took the vaccine and died or some other nonsense and either way it won't change my mind"

Good lad  :D

(Just to note, the friends friends nephew doesn't actually exist)
Glad your lad knows his own mind, practically had to literally twist my lads arm to have it and he's 24!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64055 on: November 17, 2021, 04:54:12 pm »
My 13 yr old has had his vaccination this afternoon - wimp is moaning his ickle arm hurts and he feels poorly ;D

So pleased to have had him done though.
excellent, hoping my daughter will have her second jab before Christmas now that they have said it's safe for them to have one

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64056 on: November 17, 2021, 04:56:21 pm »

Go and give him a dead arm. Builds character and tests his resolve.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64057 on: November 17, 2021, 05:48:35 pm »
How accurate are the rapid antigen tests does anyone know? I have been testing every night using them and up to tonight was getting negative results, but tonight that changed and I have just had a positive test. Is it worth getting a PCR done, or am I best just sitting tight and self-isolating?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64058 on: November 17, 2021, 05:57:43 pm »
As predicted the government are preparing to do a U-turn on exams again in schools. They're gearing up to use a series of 'mock' exams to use for school assessed grades again. 3 school years now of no planning or help from the government and mixed messages.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64059 on: November 17, 2021, 06:04:26 pm »

Get yer vaccine passport out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59325108

Unsurprisingly DUP voted against.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64060 on: November 17, 2021, 06:06:56 pm »
38263 new cases and 201 deaths reported today

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64061 on: November 17, 2021, 06:13:43 pm »
As predicted the government are preparing to do a U-turn on exams again in schools. They're gearing up to use a series of 'mock' exams to use for school assessed grades again. 3 school years now of no planning or help from the government and mixed messages.
It’s plan B.  I suspect it’s extremely unlikely to be used in anger.

Last year, they deliberately didn’t have a plan B so that they couldn’t be bumped into it.

Who misses Gavin?  Yep, not one single person.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64062 on: November 17, 2021, 06:17:42 pm »

Last year, they deliberately didn’t have a plan B so that they couldn’t be bumped into it.

What's he doing these days, other than having conversations with his pet spider.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64063 on: November 17, 2021, 06:19:02 pm »
What's he doing these days, other than having conversations with his pet spider.
No one gives two shits what he’s doing.
Isn’t that marvellous? ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64064 on: November 17, 2021, 06:22:51 pm »

I can't see how they go ahead when so many kids are still missing lessons around the country and lots of staff are off too. The current year 11s have had 2 years of real fragmented study now.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64065 on: November 17, 2021, 06:27:10 pm »
I can't see how they go ahead when so many kids are still missing lessons around the country and lots of staff are off too. The current year 11s have had 2 years of real fragmented study now.
They will go ahead, I’d put quite a lot of money on it.
W

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #64066 on: November 17, 2021, 06:31:18 pm »
How accurate are the rapid antigen tests does anyone know? I have been testing every night using them and up to tonight was getting negative results, but tonight that changed and I have just had a positive test. Is it worth getting a PCR done, or am I best just sitting tight and self-isolating?

Oh no, and due for your booster on Sat. That sucks.
Can't answer your question though, sorry. By antigen do you mean LFT? I think they are 90% accurate, don't know if false positives are more likely than false negative.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64067 on: November 17, 2021, 06:38:54 pm »
Oh no, and due for your booster on Sat. That sucks.
Can't answer your question though, sorry. By antigen do you mean LFT? I think they are 90% accurate, don't know if false positives are more likely than false negative.

Yes, I mean LFT, I think I'm going to have to do a PCR as I've developed a cough in the last day. Yes, the timing does suck, especially as I have been working in a room of a colleague who has looked rough for a while, and has just confirmed that he is now positive. He even decided to call into work and let us know too. Can you believe that?  :butt

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #64068 on: November 17, 2021, 06:39:16 pm »
Healthy children are now being advised to wait 12 weeks after a covid infection before getting the vaccine as a precaution to reduce the risk of heart inflammation.

Covid : Children told to delay jab for 12 weeks after infection https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59298833

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64069 on: November 17, 2021, 06:50:31 pm »
Best to get a PCR.

Positive on a LFT are fairly accurate, more so if the person has symptoms.
Still possible to get a false positive if you have no symptoms, much less likely to get two false positives on a LFT two days in a row, so could do one tomorrow too which would pretty much confirm it.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64070 on: November 17, 2021, 06:57:11 pm »
Yes, I mean LFT, I think I'm going to have to do a PCR as I've developed a cough in the last day. Yes, the timing does suck, especially as I have been working in a room of a colleague who has looked rough for a while, and has just confirmed that he is now positive. He even decided to call into work and let us know too. Can you believe that?  :butt
That's shit. Hope you get away mildly.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64071 on: November 17, 2021, 07:08:20 pm »

Worth getting a PCR. My lad gave two negative LFTs over 4 days and took a PCR the day after the second one and was positive. He then gave one positive LFT about 4 days later.

You could have been positive and not shown on the LFT's and could now be almost clear. Have you been showing any symptoms?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64072 on: November 17, 2021, 07:18:02 pm »
Worth getting a PCR. My lad gave two negative LFTs over 4 days and took a PCR the day after the second one and was positive. He then gave one positive LFT about 4 days later.

You could have been positive and not shown on the LFT's and could now be almost clear. Have you been showing any symptoms?

I have a bit of a cough today, but that's the only thing. As it happens I am starting annual leave tomorrow.
Best to get a PCR.

Positive on a LFT are fairly accurate, more so if the person has symptoms.
Still possible to get a false positive if you have no symptoms, much less likely to get two false positives on a LFT two days in a row, so could do one tomorrow too which would pretty much confirm it.

Thanks for the clarification I have ordered a PCR home kit tonight, hopefully get it tomorrow I will just isolate until then. I will do another LFT one tomorrow. The bugger of it is I was getting the booster on Saturday so will have to cancel it.

That's shit. Hope you get away mildly.

Fingers crossed, I have had two jabs. It's been manic at work recently and I hate going in on the train at the moment, so I am quite happy to stay away for a bit.  :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64073 on: November 17, 2021, 07:23:10 pm »
I have a bit of a cough today, but that's the only thing. As it happens I am starting annual leave tomorrow.
Thanks for the clarification I have ordered a PCR home kit tonight, hopefully get it tomorrow I will just isolate until then. I will do another LFT one tomorrow. The bugger of it is I was getting the booster on Saturday so will have to cancel it.

Fingers crossed, I have had two jabs. It's been manic at work recently and I hate going in on the train at the moment, so I am quite happy to stay away for a bit.  :)

Can you not go and get a PCR locally tonight? If that is negative then you should be able to get the booster, you'll get the results tomorrow.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64074 on: November 17, 2021, 07:26:44 pm »
Can you not go and get a PCR locally tonight? If that is negative then you should be able to get the booster, you'll get the results tomorrow.

I have a bad cough now though I read it you have any symptoms they won't test you at the walk in centres, its why I ordered a home one.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64075 on: November 17, 2021, 07:31:28 pm »
I have a bad cough now though I read it you have any symptoms they won't test you at the walk in centres, its why I ordered a home one.

No, that's not true, they actually state to go for a PCR if you have symptoms, my lad was tested at a walk in. They send you info saying go by car or bike, try not to use public transport, to wear a mask there and back and go straight there from home and back again. The security and staff are all masked up.

If you have symptoms of COVID-19
Get a PCR test as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms, even if mild:

a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Stay at home until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64076 on: November 17, 2021, 07:33:27 pm »
No, that's not true, they actually state to go for a PCR if you have symptoms, my lad was tested at a walk in. They send you info saying go by car or bike, try not to use public transport, to wear a mask there and back and go straight there from home and back again. The security and staff are all masked up.

If you have symptoms of COVID-19
Get a PCR test as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms, even if mild:

a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Stay at home until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/

It didn't say that on the site I went on. I may do that then. Thanks.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64077 on: November 17, 2021, 07:41:36 pm »
It didn't say that on the site I went on. I may do that then. Thanks.

No probs. We've done about 9 PCR's between us and the longest we had to wait for results was 24 hours

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64078 on: November 17, 2021, 07:42:16 pm »
60,000 cases in Germany today….

Yikes
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64079 on: November 17, 2021, 07:42:58 pm »
Healthy children are now being advised to wait 12 weeks after a covid infection before getting the vaccine as a precaution to reduce the risk of heart inflammation.

Covid : Children told to delay jab for 12 weeks after infection https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59298833

Bit fucking late now, my lad tested positive 23rd September and had his jab today.