Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458754 times)

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #62320 on: September 14, 2021, 10:04:21 pm »
That all makes sense, even the mad Van Tam analogy, but then why not allow all to get one should they wish?
Because, continuing the JVT analogy, the under 50s are currently camping in a field with clear skies and there's no rain due for a while. Our tents are perfectly adequate.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #62321 on: September 14, 2021, 10:10:03 pm »
Yes. I want evidence that it's that simple for most. Otherwise it's just an unsubstantiated claim. Like has been mentioned by other people there are a load of other factors that go into losing weight other than eating less and exercising more, otherwise everyone would be doing it right? If it was literally that easy.
You are missing a key point here. Eating less and doing more exercise is hard.
I for one have lost weight before by doing both. But put it back on because it's hard.
Less food, might be substituted by better food. Or even just eating less crap .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #62322 on: September 14, 2021, 10:13:53 pm »
I for one have lost weight before by doing both. But put it back on because it's hard.

And that's it. You can't move on the road for various delivery riders dropping off junk food to those too lazy to even walk to the chippy.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62323 on: September 14, 2021, 10:21:52 pm »
Because, continuing the JVT analogy, the under 50s are currently camping in a field with clear skies and there's no rain due for a while. Our tents are perfectly adequate.

Feels like we are all in the same field as those vulnerable people.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62324 on: September 14, 2021, 10:26:38 pm »

I mean that kinda backs up my point that it isn't as simple as eating less and exercising more which was being said earlier on in the thread...

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #62325 on: September 15, 2021, 07:02:12 am »
Data (FT graphics) showing the necessity (UK) and benefits (Israel) of booster vaccines.

PHE data (UK) - reliance on AZ for initial vaccinations shows why boosters are particularly important:

Israel:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62326 on: September 15, 2021, 07:26:45 am »
So basically by the winter a lot of the 40-50 year olds who had AZ would have significantly reduced protection?

I imagine they will extend the booster roll out once they get through the initial lot.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62327 on: September 15, 2021, 09:36:47 am »

That isn't. Like my missus says to me, you put it in your mouth you fat fuck, no-one is forcing it in and walk the fucking shops, don't take the car, don't sit on your fat arse watching telly, go for a 30 minute walk instead. I was a right lazy twat before I met her, just subtle tweaks have made a big difference.

I get that there are health issues that can cause weight gain, I've got thyroid issues so I know, but far too many people make excuses for being lazy. Go look at any retail park with a McNasty's and look at the queues at dinner and tea times for the drive through, as So Howard says, there are deliveroo and Uber eats drivers all over the place,. Look at the amount of people who use the .com deliveries rather than go the shops. Next door to me are bone idle, pizzas and takeaways delivered, Tesco and Morrisons deliveries delivered and guess what, they're all getting fatter and fatter. She drives to the school to pick the kid up, its 400yds FFS. Eat more fruit and veg, cut out the processed shite, cook fresh, walk not sit gawping at your phone/the telly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #62328 on: September 15, 2021, 12:06:05 pm »
That isn't. Like my missus says to me, you put it in your mouth you fat fuck, no-one is forcing it in and walk the fucking shops, don't take the car, don't sit on your fat arse watching telly, go for a 30 minute walk instead. I was a right lazy twat before I met her, just subtle tweaks have made a big difference.

I get that there are health issues that can cause weight gain, I've got thyroid issues so I know, but far too many people make excuses for being lazy. Go look at any retail park with a McNasty's and look at the queues at dinner and tea times for the drive through, as So Howard says, there are deliveroo and Uber eats drivers all over the place,. Look at the amount of people who use the .com deliveries rather than go the shops. Next door to me are bone idle, pizzas and takeaways delivered, Tesco and Morrisons deliveries delivered and guess what, they're all getting fatter and fatter. She drives to the school to pick the kid up, its 400yds FFS. Eat more fruit and veg, cut out the processed shite, cook fresh, walk not sit gawping at your phone/the telly.

That goes against what many professionals in the sector say though that training and such should be hard - you should enjoy it but if it isn't hard in some way shape or form then you won't see the progression aimed for.

From a dietary stance, this also ignores things such as depression/general mental health affects which can cause huge negative impacts on the ability to eat well.

I would say though that once in these good habits it can be massively enjoyable - I know from my own experience that my weight has yo yo'd so much around where my mental health is at any one point. The last few months have been tough for example and I've piled on a couple of stone and it becomes very very difficult to turn things around when momentum builds.

Once you do manage to, as I have over the last couple of weeks, it is unreal how quickly the change of lifestyle improves ones mood and how enthused you can become

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62329 on: September 15, 2021, 12:39:34 pm »
Much of the "food" we consume is intentionally addictive.
Millions are spent on advertising it as well and they wouldn't spend it if it didn't work.
Not to mention tagging vegetarian or vegan diets as woke or other such nonsense.
Big industry in medication for treating the issues caused by the same "food" as well.
Lifestyles and jobs are often far more sedentary than ever before, especially after the last few years.
PE & activity at school has been reduced (at state schools at least.) My kids school dinners were so poor that I make him a packed lunch now so I know he is getting something balanced and not some crap designed to hit the cheapest price point possible.
There are certainly bone idle people, there always have been but there is a massive industry behind obesity and just like tobacco they don't care if people suffer and die, they only care about their bottom line. Governments do little to legislate on it as they are in their pockets.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62330 on: September 15, 2021, 12:40:19 pm »
That goes against what many professionals in the sector say though that training and such should be hard - you should enjoy it but if it isn't hard in some way shape or form then you won't see the progression aimed for.

From a dietary stance, this also ignores things such as depression/general mental health affects which can cause huge negative impacts on the ability to eat well.

I would say though that once in these good habits it can be massively enjoyable - I know from my own experience that my weight has yo yo'd so much around where my mental health is at any one point. The last few months have been tough for example and I've piled on a couple of stone and it becomes very very difficult to turn things around when momentum builds.

Once you do manage to, as I have over the last couple of weeks, it is unreal how quickly the change of lifestyle improves ones mood and how enthused you can become

Depends on what you want out of it. I put a load back on again when I suffered with depression a few years ago and just kept comfort eating and then when I felt better pigging out like fuck on an all inclusive in Feb 2020, so when lockdown started I was just over 18 stone and being that overweight scared me, what with Covid killing a lot of obese people. I got furloughed in the March and the missus dragged my arse out every day for a walk, we built up to 5 or 6 mile walks in a couple of months and I started cooking a lot more and stopped eating crisps, chocs, frozen pizza and takeaways as they were shut. I dropped 2 stone over the time I was on furlough and have kept to that weight even though I'm back working FT and doing weekends too and go out for a meal every week.

I've stopped drinking now, cut back on red meat, cut out most of the processed shite sold as food, I'm eating salads and veg a lot more, I love watermelon for breakfast and I feel better for it and I know I'm cutting the health risks out.

My sister in law was very heavy as was our kid, they both did Slimming World and she looks great now, my bro stupidly lost loads then put it back on. He lost all the weight just with a healthy diet as his being overweight has fucked his knee so bad he needs a new one. He doesn't get any sympathy and doesn't look for any about his knee as he accepts its 100% his own fault and being an ex chef he should know better.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62331 on: September 15, 2021, 12:48:02 pm »
Depends on what you want out of it. I put a load back on again when I suffered with depression a few years ago and just kept comfort eating and then when I felt better pigging out like fuck on an all inclusive in Feb 2020, so when lockdown started I was just over 18 stone and being that overweight scared me, what with Covid killing a lot of obese people. I got furloughed in the March and the missus dragged my arse out every day for a walk, we built up to 5 or 6 mile walks in a couple of months and I started cooking a lot more and stopped eating crisps, chocs, frozen pizza and takeaways as they were shut. I dropped 2 stone over the time I was on furlough and have kept to that weight even though I'm back working FT and doing weekends too and go out for a meal every week.

I've stopped drinking now, cut back on red meat, cut out most of the processed shite sold as food, I'm eating salads and veg a lot more, I love watermelon for breakfast and I feel better for it and I know I'm cutting the health risks out.

My sister in law was very heavy as was our kid, they both did Slimming World and she looks great now, my bro stupidly lost loads then put it back on. He lost all the weight just with a healthy diet as his being overweight has fucked his knee so bad he needs a new one. He doesn't get any sympathy and doesn't look for any about his knee as he accepts its 100% his own fault and being an ex chef he should know better.

True - I guess what I mean is that for most it is getting them out of their comfort zone so it will inherently be hard to begin with.

I've done a very similar thing to you - cut out the drink, using more salad and veg to fill out a meal as caloriewise you can stuff those carrots down you all day and barely hit 200 cals.

Think something you said there is really interesting about doing much of the hard work getting started whilst furloughed - many people are (or feel they are) time poor and can't/don't find the time to exercise or to prepare healthy food.

It doesn't take much to create a routine that actually has the time for it but when you aren't doing it regularly then it is hard to convince yourself that there is enough time

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #62332 on: September 15, 2021, 01:06:45 pm »
Sat on my fat arse, eating oven chips and reading rawk.
would quite like to go for a walk, but have sooooo much work to get through :(
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #62333 on: September 15, 2021, 01:38:55 pm »
Like my missus says to me, you put it in your mouth you fat fuck...

:lmao

Rob's Missus is, like, a guru...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62334 on: September 15, 2021, 02:04:29 pm »
Sat on my fat arse, eating oven chips and reading rawk.
would quite like to go for a walk, but have sooooo much work to get through :(

But if you weren't on RAWK and eating oven chips you could go for a walk ;)

Can you do something like we do, we go and shop for tea every dinnertime, so we walk there and back, just over 2 miles and takes about an hour with the shopping. Also then I'm walking a mile carrying heavy bags, so a bit of weight training thrown in.

:lmao

Rob's Missus is, like, a guru...

She speaks her mind I'll give her that ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #62335 on: September 15, 2021, 03:26:27 pm »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62336 on: September 15, 2021, 06:10:29 pm »
This virus kills 1 in 500 in the UK. That's fucking staggering.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #62337 on: September 15, 2021, 06:26:30 pm »
This virus kills 1 in 500 in the UK. That's fucking staggering.

Nah, it’s just flu….

It is completely fucking staggering. Don’t get me wrong, I have had enough of restrictions as much as the next man but there’s still 1,000 people a week dying, and 1,000 hospital admissions a day and I’m not sure how long we can just pretend everything is ok
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62338 on: September 15, 2021, 06:34:33 pm »
Nah, it’s just flu….

It is completely fucking staggering. Don’t get me wrong, I have had enough of restrictions as much as the next man but there’s still 1,000 people a week dying, and 1,000 hospital admissions a day and I’m not sure how long we can just pretend everything is ok

Boris will keep on pretending as long as he can get away with it and far far too many people in this country will just bury their heads in the sand, so long as we have our "freedom".

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62339 on: September 15, 2021, 09:49:38 pm »

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62340 on: September 15, 2021, 10:00:26 pm »
OK own up, who among you lot is in this video?    :lickin

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/085/077/662/original/a528cacdedaef193.mp4

Jesus fucking Christ.

Was kind of hoping the drummer would go into a ZZ Topesque solo just to give me something to enjoy from it.

These people going on about a New World Order will just as quickly decry all politicians as being useless and corrupt - which one is it because if they are useless then how have the conspired to create a global cabal hidden from "the sheeple"?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62341 on: September 15, 2021, 10:12:37 pm »
OK own up, who among you lot is in this video?    :lickin

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/085/077/662/original/a528cacdedaef193.mp4
I thought "the 99%" was a movement against inequality.  I'm missing the few hundred steps between fighting inequality and being anti-vax.

(Statistically speaking they're actually the 34% if we're measuring them as the unvaccinated)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #62342 on: September 15, 2021, 10:28:05 pm »
I thought "the 99%" was a movement against inequality.  I'm missing the few hundred steps between fighting inequality and being anti-vax.

(Statistically speaking they're actually the 34% if we're measuring them as the unvaccinated)

Doesn't the 99% refer to the majority who won't suffer dire consequences from Covid.

I've also seen 'Wake' (with an arrow pointing up) as well which Inassume is a cry for all of us sheep lento wake up to the Covid scam.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62343 on: September 15, 2021, 10:38:52 pm »
I tell you, honestly, it's like I fell asleep 18 month ago and having the most weird dream ever. I don't know what's real and what isn't any more.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62344 on: September 15, 2021, 10:59:02 pm »
Paul Hamill, a DUP councillor in NI who has spent much of the year retweeting anti-vax propaganda, died today from covid aged just 46.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62345 on: September 15, 2021, 11:09:00 pm »
Paul Hamill, a DUP councillor in NI who has spent much of the year retweeting anti-vax propaganda, died today from covid aged just 46.

So he was 1%er? The 99% don't have to worry::).

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62346 on: September 15, 2021, 11:55:42 pm »
Silly Sod.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62347 on: September 16, 2021, 01:28:54 am »

Anti vaccines bigot dies of covid.   Must hold tongue.....

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62348 on: September 16, 2021, 07:34:43 am »

People do need to take responsibility to cook fresh, but the processed stuff is often cheap as well.  The govt brought in the sugar tax, but I'd have liked to see something the other way around to make healthier foods cheaper.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62349 on: September 16, 2021, 07:52:11 am »
I’m not necessarily saying that I think that should happen, just making the point that it certainly doesn’t go against any prescribed ideals of freedom as far as I’m concerned.

Not sure it would be that hard to implement, it’s pretty easy to get proof of vaccination on your phone and you’re required to show that to get entry. I’ve had to do it already for a festival I went to and it worked fine.
Yeah, they are private companies and so long as they are not seen to be acting in a discriminatory manner against certain protected characteristics (of which vaccinations is not one) then my understanding is that they can refuse or allow entry at their discretion.

The key is whether it would be argued as discrimination (in terms of the law rather than personal opinion) and that could cause grief.

I get the point; it doesn't feel like the govt is being as oppressive if the businesses decide.  But the govt need to uphold it and the end result is the same for businesses who go ahead with it.  It would lead to a hell of a divide and it's not a society I would like to live in.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62350 on: September 16, 2021, 07:58:25 am »
People do need to take responsibility to cook fresh, but the processed stuff is often cheap as well.  The govt brought in the sugar tax, but I'd have liked to see something the other way around to make healthier foods cheaper.

The processed food is scarily cheap, £1 for a pizza that will feed two kids and especially when you are skint it's not easy and like you say the healthy option is usually very expensive so something does need doing. Rashford did a thing with one of the celebrity chefs to make cheap nutritious meals, things like that need pushing.

I know they've said being overweight is a risk factor in covid and I do wonder will kids who get covid and are overweight, and I'm shocked at the amount of fat primary school kids I see, get seriously ill or die or will they get away with it due to their age?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62351 on: September 16, 2021, 08:00:35 am »

All unprepared foods in Australia are exempt from our GST/VAT of 10%. For instance if you but some bread and cheese in a supermarket it has no tax, but if you buy a cheese sandwich it does. The focus is to not tax people who make stuff them selves.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #62352 on: September 16, 2021, 08:10:14 am »
I think no VAT on vegetables and stuff like sauerkraut with twice the VAT on candy, chips, fast food and soda would go a long way. Even better would be to subsidize vegetables further as a public health initiative. It's rather evident that if people were in shape, the situation would've been a lot better down in the middle age brackets. It's a disgrace that those who make unhealthy food have slipped under the radar for so long but hopefully the politicians and regulators can begin to actually do sustainable change.

Where change really can be done is to target the under-30's into not building up excess weight when they get older. Just within 20 years you can see a sustained difference in the category of people who pass away through natural causes below the age of 60 if there was an active political will of getting overweight rates down beneath 1/4 of the populace. Instead you see more kids look really unhealthy instead so I guess this will just go from bad to worse since many parents are too lazy to cook them proper meals. It's just a bad circle that needs to be broken already before adolescence.

I'm rather certain the high death numbers in the UK at the moment can be attributes to the obesity ratings being quite a bit worse than on the continent. At the same time, Norway with a massive outdoors fitness culture have a lot of cases but hardly any deaths at the moment. Doubt that's a coincidence.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:19:44 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62353 on: September 16, 2021, 08:26:52 am »
I get the point; it doesn't feel like the govt is being as oppressive if the businesses decide.  But the govt need to uphold it and the end result is the same for businesses who go ahead with it.  It would lead to a hell of a divide and it's not a society I would like to live in.

There is, however, a divide anyway between those who support the science and have got the vaccine and those who are selfish c*nts against it.

The difference is that a divide in who can go to certain places just means it is harder for anti-vaccine people to see a band or get leathered on a Friday; the divide we currently have makes it harder for the NHS to function and is costing lives.

I know which divide I find more palatable.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62354 on: September 16, 2021, 08:38:19 am »
There is, however, a divide anyway between those who support the science and have got the vaccine and those who are selfish c*nts against it.

The difference is that a divide in who can go to certain places just means it is harder for anti-vaccine people to see a band or get leathered on a Friday; the divide we currently have makes it harder for the NHS to function and is costing lives.

Again goes back to how much freedom we're willing to give up and how much it will genuinely help. I can't see any government in a free society deciding the trade-off is worth it.

Just can't imagine walking into a city, finding out which bars and restaurants are vax / non vax (guess signs out front would be easiest), then making sure my electronic pass has been given the green light by the govt to be allowed in. Makes me shiver a bit. But I'm quite sure it's only something I'm going to see on dystopian sci-fi films.. or if I go back to China.

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62355 on: September 16, 2021, 08:38:23 am »
I think no VAT on vegetables and stuff like sauerkraut with twice the VAT on candy, chips, fast food and soda would go a long way. Even better would be to subsidize vegetables further as a public health initiative. It's rather evident that if people were in shape, the situation would've been a lot better down in the middle age brackets. It's a disgrace that those who make unhealthy food have slipped under the radar for so long but hopefully the politicians and regulators can begin to actually do sustainable change.

Where change really can be done is to target the under-30's into not building up excess weight when they get older. Just within 20 years you can see a sustained difference in the category of people who pass away through natural causes below the age of 60 if there was an active political will of getting overweight rates down beneath 1/4 of the populace. Instead you see more kids look really unhealthy instead so I guess this will just go from bad to worse since many parents are too lazy to cook them proper meals. It's just a bad circle that needs to be broken already before adolescence.

I'm rather certain the high death numbers in the UK at the moment can be attributes to the obesity ratings being quite a bit worse than on the continent. At the same time, Norway with a massive outdoors fitness culture have a lot of cases but hardly any deaths at the moment. Doubt that's a coincidence.

In the UK we already are Zero rated for veg, fresh meat and the other basics - plus a limited number of things that would be considered "treats" (see the old jaffa cake argument and rules over part covered and fully covered chocolate biscuits).

Increasing the taxation on less healthy things is not a bad idea - more money, in theory, for the services that will treat those who suffer health problems due to obesity etc - but as has been mentioned there is still an issue around lower income and time poor families/those who simply do not know how to cook and making it such that those families either can't afford to feed themselves or can't feed themselves due to time/inability.

Better education in schools on these sorts of skills would go a long way.

I know that I can whip up a pretty healthy meal that tastes good in 20 mins (can do some in less to be fair but lets say 20 for an evening meal) and I've done the maths before and it works out to something like £3 per portion - and gets cheaper if I'm cooking for multiple people. It could be made cheaper using frozen meat or substituting the meat out but when you go frozen it then adds time cost, sub meat out and you are having to educate people on alternatives that they simply aren't aware of.

It is a tough battle this one.

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62356 on: September 16, 2021, 08:42:23 am »
Again goes back to how much freedom we're willing to give up and how much it will genuinely help. I can't see any government in a free society deciding the trade-off is worth it.

Just can't imagine walking into a city, finding out which bars and restaurants are vax / non vax (guess signs out front would be easiest), then making sure my electronic pass has been given the green light by the govt to be allowed in. Makes me shiver a bit. But I'm quite sure it's only something I'm going to see on dystopian sci-fi films.. or if I go back to China.

Considering what people in other threads have said about place like Italy requiring proofs to enter certain establishments (and I'm sure other EU countries are doing similar) says to me that some govts have gone for the trade off.

The thing is, I'm not saying this is a change that should last forever. That isn't feasible and does then create a genuine two tier society around these things.

For the next 6 months though, or until vaccinations hit, say, 85% (figure pulled direct from arse, someone with more knowledge than me can work out what %age basically makes everything "safe") I think it is a fair compromise.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62357 on: September 16, 2021, 08:44:20 am »

That's my thinking. Once you remove the people who are unable to take the vaccine or too young, you are left with people who have been offered the vaccine and refused. The rest of us have done our part, to protect ourselves, our families, strangers and the NHS. These people are just being selfish and my attitude is fuck them, go open your own clubs if you need to go out. Fuck their rights, the NHS has the right to not have to be dealing with these c*nts, people who need to go in hospital shouldn't be catching covid due to these twats, whose selfish actions are killing people.

Just heard on the radio that teachers in Lancashier are being threatened by these c*nts over kids getting vaccines.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62358 on: September 16, 2021, 08:53:52 am »
This "lockdown" light they have proposed for the winter - work from home if possible, masks indoors, vaccine passports for getting in anywhere - is what everyday life looks like in Germany, and I would guess other EU countries too.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62359 on: September 16, 2021, 09:23:53 am »
Considering what people in other threads have said about place like Italy requiring proofs to enter certain establishments (and I'm sure other EU countries are doing similar) says to me that some govts have gone for the trade off.

They allow negative tests and proof of previous infection.