Author Topic: Shrewsbury away. Ticket went red at turnstile. Then quizzed by Mr Yorke.....  (Read 5866 times)

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
Are we simply ignoring the fact that "Purple Aki" is inherently racist itself?

It is literally naming the guy based on skin colour - I know the guy is a criminal but demeaning someone on racial terms is still wrong regardless of what sort of person they are.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Because I've seen a picture of him on here before and his user cp says he's ginger?

Great user name though.

could be jaffas cousin then. only white people being ginger ?

user name a bit pre-daily mail
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are we simply ignoring the fact that "Purple Aki" is inherently racist itself?

It is literally naming the guy based on skin colour - I know the guy is a criminal but demeaning someone on racial terms is still wrong regardless of what sort of person they are.

Tricky question, a good mate of mine wouldnt classify himself as "black". He said black is the colour of my leather jacket - i'm brownish. He also told me I'm more pinkish than white so cant thrust him really.
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Please, if you see 10 chinese/african -or 10 norwegian blondes in the same row at an away game its obvious touting
But no way a row of 10 British males could be touting? The way some fans speak about foreign fans is very sad

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
To comment on what should have been the original point of the opening post - it would be good to find out if this was a sort of spot check by Liverpool or not. I'm not against it if it's random. If someone is asked these sort of questions and says a payment of above face value etc or can't get purchasing details correct (so they don't personally know who sold them the ticket) then it's right that these people and the tickets they have (and who they go back to) should be looked into further.

It's obvious from those that have frequented these forums for over 10 years that Tiger Tony is a regular match goer. It's extremely unlikely that he would have bought a touted ticket. I can empathise with him just wanting to get into an away ground and have a pint, rather than answer some questions about a ticket - especially because at Shrewsbury I wasn't drinking and just stood in front of my seat for 35 minutes in the freezing cold - I could have answered those questions and wouldn't really have been inconvenienced like he was. If it's not connected at all to the previous incident, then it doesn't appear on the face of it to be harassment like stated. But if this is to happen for a selection of tickets at other games going forward, I don't think it's such a bad thing - if some people reveal through answering questions that they likely bought the ticket at above face value that there can be an investigation into how that came about.

Edit: Unfortunately at this stage, we only have Tiger Tony's account so no idea really to know if it was an organised spot check on a random selection - or it was just something to do with the tickets or the reader itself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:49:32 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
could be jaffas cousin then. only white people being ginger ?

user name a bit pre-daily mail

But we know he is white - so I'm not sure where you're going with this.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
Tricky question, a good mate of mine wouldnt classify himself as "black". He said black is the colour of my leather jacket - i'm brownish. He also told me I'm more pinkish than white so cant thrust him really.

I understand that the terms black, white etc. are not exactly accurate but I believe it stems from the phrase "so black he is purple" - something that I first heard with regard to the France 98 and 2000 teams and it is clearly a racially motivated comment.

Just seems that certain things are still normalised through longevity and greater care (not by you specifically, but by the world at large) needs taking.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But no way a row of 10 British males could be touting? The way some fans speak about foreign fans is very sad

Of course, but its harder to spot. I recognize most the of the norwegians based on their look and their clothing, and they don't have the away criteria. there is probably quite a few of asian origin which have 14 plus away games, but based on what i have seen its rarely large groups. so yes - if tiger tony use that as an example, touting it is

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
All sorts of shite in this thread. No thanks.