Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1163546 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Pledged to provide 1 billion covid vaccines worldwide yesterday

Good, so something practical. I had no idea what exactly goes on in these things as you imagine things of desperate importance i.e. foreign policy cannot wait.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:11:30 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Just worth flagging that poll is a subset of a wider poll, so a pretty small sample size and likely a pretty large margin of error.

I think fair to say the trend is there in terms of migration of Labour support to the Greens but hard to say how large/significant it is.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:25:01 pm by filopastry »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I'd pick up on what filo says - Stats for Lefties is being thoroughly dishonest, again, not making it clear that this an unrepresentative sample of less than 200 18 to 24 year olds from what was a representative sample of GB adults.

edit: this is from Survation's Chris Curtis if you want to get a sense of how dishonest putting that up like that is,

"Average voting intention of 18-24s from most recent @YouGov @RedfieldWilton @SavantaComRes polls:

Con 23
Lab 48
LD 8
Grn 15

Average voting intention of 18-34s from most recent @OpiniumResearch @Survation @IpsosMORI polls:

Con 24
Lab 48
LD 9
Grn 11"

To what you're saying, there's evidence for some movement from Labour to Greens since the general election but that's pretty normal. Whether it's an outsized number to reasonable comparisons will probably be clearer over the next few months and the locals can be picked over. Another big part of it is that the Greens are challenging the Lib Dems for the third party space in parts of the country. Whether that holds up outside of specific wards and across entire constituencies seems a harder question, especially given the success the Greens are having in replacing the Lib Dems at very localised messaging.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:08:44 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
I can see Biden doing the decent thing here regarding the Harry Dunn case - that will send Johnson's popularity sky high. ::)
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I can see Biden doing the decent thing here regarding the Harry Dunn case - that will send Johnson's popularity sky high. ::)
What - that's on the cards?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
Well I would like to think that as a seasoned bereaved parent, he will find a way of at least offering some form of solace, even if it's only in the form of kind words, to take away the bad feeling that Trumps disastrous effort left in it's wake. I would credit Biden with the wisdom to find a way. I'm sure the will is there. On the other hand I could be talking out of my arse.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
Why couldn't this meeting have been held over Zoom?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Why couldn't this meeting have been held over Zoom?
Better food.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

Although Mr Johnson said his US counterpart took a “sympathetic” view of the case, when asked about whether there had been any development on the case, the prime minister said there were “limits” to what action Mr Biden could take.

In an interview with the BBC, Mr Johnson said the US president was “actively engaged in the case”.

“As you know, he has his own personal reasons for feeling very deeply about the issue. And he was extremely sympathetic, but this is not something that either government can control very easily because there are legal processes that are still going on,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/biden-johnson-harry-dunn-killer-b1863922.html

That sounds like a diplomatic way of saying "don't get your hopes up"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/biden-johnson-harry-dunn-killer-b1863922.html

That sounds like a diplomatic way of saying "don't get your hopes up"
Sounds like bollocks though. Because - and irrespective of the legitimacy of diplomatic immunity in this case - diplomatic immunity can be (as I understand it) revoked by the President (or the PM) for any of their respective citizens. And, yes, this would apply retrospectively if they so desire. And, as such, the usual process of application for deportation to stand trial would apply.

Or, am I now talking out of my arse?
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Avengers Assemble.

The very best the world has to offer!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Just look at the way Johnson wears a suit. And what's he doing with his fucking hands?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?

The guy back left has got used to not wearing a suit during Covid work-from-home, and when he's put it on this morning, realised he's had a growth spurt.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

The guy back left has got used to not wearing a suit during Covid work-from-home, and when he's put it on this morning, realised he's had a growth spurt.

:D

I think he forgot his suit and had to borrow a spare one from the bloke next to him.

Also, maths isn’t my strong point but there’s more than 7 there. Ursula is one, who’s the other gatecrasher.

And Yorky, couldn’t agree more. If you sound £200k of someone else’s money on a renovation, there’s surely a bit left over to get a fitted suit.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:D

I think he forgot his suit and had to borrow a spare one from the bloke next to him.

Also, maths isn’t my strong point but there’s more than 7 there. Ursula is one, who’s the other gatecrasher.

And Yorky, couldn’t agree more. If you sound £200k of someone else’s money on a renovation, there’s surely a bit left over to get a fitted suit.

Charles Michel, President of the EU Council (the one with the bad suit).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Avengers Assemble.

Biden does look like Captain America. The one who came back really old at the end of Avengers.

Boris seems one of the powerless of bunch. Makes him Scarlett Johansson.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Biden does look like Captain America. The one who came back really old at the end of Avengers.

Haha, he really does. :D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Sounds like bollocks though. Because - and irrespective of the legitimacy of diplomatic immunity in this case - diplomatic immunity can be (as I understand it) revoked by the President (or the PM) for any of their respective citizens. And, yes, this would apply retrospectively if they so desire. And, as such, the usual process of application for deportation to stand trial would apply.

Or, am I now talking out of my arse?

I guess the problem is it's setting precedent. I believe they have already updated the laws so the same can't happen again. But retrospective punishment (not matter how right it may be) is always going to be really hard to do.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
I haven't criticised Starmer before, I've been a supporter up to now but tomorrow's Grauniad headline about Starmer criticising Johnson for not slamming football fans for the 'taking the knee' thing is woeful. Hasn't anyone told these fuckers that the G7 is going on. How long does it take them to figure out what to give to the press.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I haven't criticised Starmer before, I've been a supporter up to now but tomorrow's Grauniad headline about Starmer criticising Johnson for not slamming football fans for the 'taking the knee' thing is woeful. Hasn't anyone told these fuckers that the G7 is going on. How long does it take them to figure out what to give to the press.

I'm not really understanding what it is you expect him to be saying or doing?

He's not at it/invited is he unless I missed that?

Though a few casual searches reveals that he's made a few comments on G7... So what has he missed?

Things he mentioned (jn relation to G7)

* Israel/Palestine
 * Global Poverty
 * Financial Crisis
 * Economic Recovery
 * Global vaccinations
 * Taxing giant corporations
 * Education
 * Middle East Peace Process
 * Levelling up (actually not levelling down)

and several other topics...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:12:17 am by Camping in a pub in Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
I'm not really understanding what it is you expect him to be saying or doing?

He's not at it/invited is he unless I missed that?

Though a few casual searches reveals that he's made a few comments on G7... So what has he missed?

Things he mentioned (jn relation to G7)

* Israel/Palestine
 * Global Poverty
 * Financial Crisis
 * Economic Recovery
 * Global vaccinations
 * Taxing giant corporations
 * Education
 * Middle East Peace Process
 * Levelling up (actually not levelling down)

and several other topics...
Yeah, I was a bit pissed last night. Not his fault what the Guardian (in their wisdom) chooses to splash across the front page.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, I was a bit pissed last night. Not his fault what the Guardian (in their wisdom) chooses to splash across the front page.
I should say so! :D What you wrote above reads like Starmer expected Johnson to slam the players for taking a knee. I know - not your intention to suggest that. Thankfully, that's not what occurred.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/11/keir-starmer-accuses-boris-johnson-of-failure-of-leadership-in-anti-racism-row

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
I should say so! :D What you wrote above reads like Starmer expected Johnson to slam the players for taking a knee. I know - not your intention to suggest that. Thankfully, that's not what occurred.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/11/keir-starmer-accuses-boris-johnson-of-failure-of-leadership-in-anti-racism-row

Either way it took them both 6 days didn't it? Did Starmer say anything at all when the booing happened initially or did he wait till after?

If it's the latter then he looks very cynical indeed.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Johnson hoping to use the G7 as a platform to showcase "Global Britain".

Instead, all he's done is perform hosting duties while the real leaders of the west get on with things.

https://twitter.com/alexisconran/status/1403750201534341125

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Johnson hoping to use the G7 as a platform to showcase "Global Britain".

Instead, all he's done is perform hosting duties while the real leaders of the west get on with things.

https://twitter.com/alexisconran/status/1403750201534341125

Not forgetting his Putinesque swim this morning.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan

Cringed out of my seat when I saw that.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

When does Johnson wrestle the bear then, like Tomkinson’s Schooldays

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Get your orders in for the calendar.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
Either way it took them both 6 days didn't it? Did Starmer say anything at all when the booing happened initially or did he wait till after?

If it's the latter then he looks very cynical indeed.
It's the latter, curious timing with both the article in the Guardian and Boris' change of tune coming shortly after the YouGov poll showing the support for taking the knee but I'm sure that's just a coincidence. I must admit his comments about a lack of courage did tickle me greatly.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Heh. Starmer was criticising those who booed players taking a knee six months ago. May have got lost at the time in LBC letting through neonazi callers to have 'a heated debate'.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
Heh. Starmer was criticising those who booed players taking a knee six months ago. May have got lost at the time in LBC letting through neonazi callers to have 'a heated debate'.

The one where he heard a neo-Nazi make wild and outlandish claims right on air and he...didn't do much actually. It would be nice if he'd had a heated debate.

He needs to sack off Nick Ferrari. Ferrari is not a good faith actor and LBC ain't gonna get him the audience he needs to convert.

He does, however, have a good couple of weeks coming up to make inroads. Johnson has not had a good G7 thus far, the Irish situation isn't going away, the Good Law project are making a bit of noise, the restrictions may not be lifted and, good decision or not, that will irk many who seem to see Boris as a libertarian, and various members of the cabinet are doing somehow worse than before. This could be a good period for Starmer to start convincing the jury and not the judge.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Kopite
I assume you are referring to the call-in where he didn't challenge the caller on their nonsense about white people becoming a minority? A year ago he also got it wrong with BLM, his track record on these matters is spotty to say the least and I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he took his time to say something especially if he feels the way he says he does. English fans booing the national team was front page news and was commented on by others at the time, not days after. It smells of wanting to see where the land lies but that's just me.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Oh you did hear him say at the time then? Good stuff.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I assume you are referring to the call-in where he didn't challenge the caller on their nonsense about white people becoming a minority? A year ago he also got it wrong with BLM, his track record on these matters is spotty to say the least and I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he took his time to say something especially if he feels the way he says he does. English fans booing the national team was front page news and was commented on by others at the time, not days after. It smells of wanting to see where the land lies but that's just me.

Or waited until Johnson was knee deep in attempting to play the good host at the G7.  If Johnson had bitten back he would’ve had an even worse G7.  He’ll have been seething at being unable to hit back, although to be fair he was distracted by Macron et al, so got too busy getting aggressive with the EU. 

Now he has to come back to perform another Covid u-turn to the nation.  Don’t be surprised if Starmer again focuses on Johnson’s delay in putting India on the red list just because he wanted to traipse out there for some trade deal.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Kopite
Or waited until Johnson was knee deep in attempting to play the good host at the G7.  If Johnson had bitten back he would’ve had an even worse G7.  He’ll have been seething at being unable to hit back, although to be fair he was distracted by Macron et al, so got too busy getting aggressive with the EU. 

Now he has to come back to perform another Covid u-turn to the nation.  Don’t be surprised if Starmer again focuses on Johnson’s delay in putting India on the red list just because he wanted to traipse out there for some trade deal.
So not speaking until now was cynical like Romany suggested, cool.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So not speaking until now was cynical like Romany suggested, cool.

Or good politics.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Kopite
Or good politics.
Which is fine and that may be true but then don't get upset or wonder why some people are turned off because it looks like different racism and racial issues get treated differently as has been mentioned before.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

He needs to sack off Nick Ferrari.

He does, however, have a good couple of weeks coming up to make inroads.

Ah, well, nevertheless.

Jon Stone @joncstone
Keir Starmer tells LBC he’s doing badly in the polls because he's "battling against a pretty strong headwind” of the government's “fantastically successful” vaccine roll-out.

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1404355427484291072?s=20