Poll

Should the Government cut Foreign Aid?

Yep. Let's be giving all that money to the needy here (Though you are a thick bastard if you think money not spent there would be spent at home)
Not sure - maybe?
On the fence!
Not sure - but I don't think so
No way. It's in the best interests of the world to provide money to those that need it morally and also for our own interests. A more stable world helps our country and a more stable world helps those in need
I like cheese

Author Topic: Bullingdon Bumbling Boris Bungles Bashfully Besides Being Balefully Bellendish.  (Read 651218 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Listening to Matt Hancock on Radio 5.  He's such a massive twat.  I think he genuinely believes he's done an amazing job throughout the pandemic despite so much evidence to the contrary.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
Listening to Matt Hancock on Radio 5.  He's such a massive twat.  I think he genuinely believes he's done an amazing job throughout the pandemic despite so much evidence to the contrary.

I listened to the first 15 minutes, wondering if there is a game at play with Cummings having not submitted evidence to corroborate his stories the other week.

But yeah, listening to him you would think they did everything possible to save every life and he has hasn't slept since the pandemic started.....

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I listened to the first 15 minutes, wondering if there is a game at play with Cummings having not submitted evidence to corroborate his stories the other week.

But yeah, listening to him you would think they did everything possible to save every life and he has hasn't slept since the pandemic started.....

Did he mention he got the vaccine rollout plan from watching the film Contagion?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational

Is it wishful thinking that Cummings held back on providing the evidence so that Hancock wouldn’t be able to formulate a defence? Let him bullshit the panel and then release the evidence....
Believer

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Is it wishful thinking that Cummings held back on providing the evidence so that Hancock wouldn’t be able to formulate a defence? Let him bullshit the panel and then release the evidence....

No, but it's equally probable that Cummings knows there's absolutely no penalty worth a toss for lying his arse off to a Commons committee while on live tv, highlights repeated on news bulletins for the next couple of days.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
It's like Grealish and Fernandes are writhing around on the floor in agony after a 'collision' with each other.

Q: Who do you believe? A: Neither of them.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
It's like Grealish and Fernandes are writhing around on the floor in agony after a 'collision' with each other.

Q: Who do you believe? A: Neither of them.

If there were two wrecked cars beside them I'd call an ambulance. Otherwise it's walk on by time.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Jack Lubner
@JackLubner
Luciana Berger ‘wasn’t hounded out of the Labour Party’ -
@jeremycorbyn at the Cambridge Union

https://twitter.com/JackLubner/status/1403012597402701831?s=20

He just can't help himself can he?

stellacreasy
@stellacreasy
·
33m
It’s called constructive dismissal - as the dictionary described ‘occurs when an employee resigns as a result of the employer creating a hostile work environment’……

https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1403032413249355783?s=20

Stella Creasy isn't impressed

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
It becomes increasingly difficult to understand how this person couldn’t be antisemitic and how they could still be in Labour.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:44:15 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
It becomes increasingly difficult to understand how this person couldn’t be antiemetic and how they could still be in Labour.
Its amazing what gets thrown up (or not) on these threads.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Its amazing what gets thrown up (or not) on these threads.
I vomit in your general direction m’lord ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
😀

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
What do they actually do in these G7 conferences?

Offline Camping in a pub in Allerton

• Yarp. Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Wow. The state of him turning up with a bomber jacket with 'Prime Minister' and a Virgin logo.
Hardline Ultra Remainer.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
Wow. The state of him turning up with a bomber jacket with 'Prime Minister' and a Virgin logo.

If he wasn't rich and or famous he would be a fecking virgin.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
It's a bit like a weekend photography workshop.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Pledged to provide 1 billion covid vaccines worldwide yesterday

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
Voting intention amongst 18-24s (+/- since 2019):

LAB: 35% (-21)
GRN: 27% (+23)
CON: 21% (-)
LD: 12% (+1)
SNP: 3% (-3)
REF: 1% (-)

Via @YouGov, 9-10 June

I’m not posting this to dunk on Starmer before anyone thinks I am - more just interested in what young people choose if not Labour. Either way, I would still anticipate a larger share of the votes in this age category going to Labour in 2023/2024, just based on the usual sharpening of the minds that tends to happen when you have a chance to remove the Tories.

Offline Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Voting intention amongst 18-24s (+/- since 2019):

LAB: 35% (-21)
GRN: 27% (+23)
CON: 21% (-)
LD: 12% (+1)
SNP: 3% (-3)
REF: 1% (-)

Via @YouGov, 9-10 June

I’m not posting this to dunk on Starmer before anyone thinks I am - more just interested in what young people choose if not Labour. Either way, I would still anticipate a larger share of the votes in this age category going to Labour in 2023/2024, just based on the usual sharpening of the minds that tends to happen when you have a chance to remove the Tories.

The Green vote always tends to rise between elections and then fall back when an election is approaching and the reality of FPTP hits. I'm guessing that effect is probably magnified in the youth vote. I'm not saying that necessarily explains the full swing here though.

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
The Green vote always tends to rise between elections and then fall back when an election is approaching and the reality of FPTP hits. I'm guessing that effect is probably magnified in the youth vote. I'm not saying that necessarily explains the full swing here though.

Ah most definitely.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Anny Roader

Starmer isn't currently addressing the issues of their time in the ways the Greens are. It'll swing back because of electoral reality, but it can swing back further if he makes a much better stab of communicating them. I'm talking the environment, housing etc.

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Pledged to provide 1 billion covid vaccines worldwide yesterday

Good, so something practical. I had no idea what exactly goes on in these things as you imagine things of desperate importance i.e. foreign policy cannot wait.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:11:30 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Just worth flagging that poll is a subset of a wider poll, so a pretty small sample size and likely a pretty large margin of error.

I think fair to say the trend is there in terms of migration of Labour support to the Greens but hard to say how large/significant it is.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:25:01 pm by filopastry »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I'd pick up on what filo says - Stats for Lefties is being thoroughly dishonest, again, not making it clear that this an unrepresentative sample of less than 200 18 to 24 year olds from what was a representative sample of GB adults.

edit: this is from Survation's Chris Curtis if you want to get a sense of how dishonest putting that up like that is,

"Average voting intention of 18-24s from most recent @YouGov @RedfieldWilton @SavantaComRes polls:

Con 23
Lab 48
LD 8
Grn 15

Average voting intention of 18-34s from most recent @OpiniumResearch @Survation @IpsosMORI polls:

Con 24
Lab 48
LD 9
Grn 11"

To what you're saying, there's evidence for some movement from Labour to Greens since the general election but that's pretty normal. Whether it's an outsized number to reasonable comparisons will probably be clearer over the next few months and the locals can be picked over. Another big part of it is that the Greens are challenging the Lib Dems for the third party space in parts of the country. Whether that holds up outside of specific wards and across entire constituencies seems a harder question, especially given the success the Greens are having in replacing the Lib Dems at very localised messaging.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:08:44 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
I can see Biden doing the decent thing here regarding the Harry Dunn case - that will send Johnson's popularity sky high. ::)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker
  • Legacy Fan
I can see Biden doing the decent thing here regarding the Harry Dunn case - that will send Johnson's popularity sky high. ::)
What - that's on the cards?
Just Elmo? - What have the EU deregulated?

diggerling! - The market.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Well I would like to think that as a seasoned bereaved parent, he will find a way of at least offering some form of solace, even if it's only in the form of kind words, to take away the bad feeling that Trumps disastrous effort left in it's wake. I would credit Biden with the wisdom to find a way. I'm sure the will is there. On the other hand I could be talking out of my arse.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
Why couldn't this meeting have been held over Zoom?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Why couldn't this meeting have been held over Zoom?
Better food.

Online ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

Although Mr Johnson said his US counterpart took a “sympathetic” view of the case, when asked about whether there had been any development on the case, the prime minister said there were “limits” to what action Mr Biden could take.

In an interview with the BBC, Mr Johnson said the US president was “actively engaged in the case”.

“As you know, he has his own personal reasons for feeling very deeply about the issue. And he was extremely sympathetic, but this is not something that either government can control very easily because there are legal processes that are still going on,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/biden-johnson-harry-dunn-killer-b1863922.html

That sounds like a diplomatic way of saying "don't get your hopes up"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/biden-johnson-harry-dunn-killer-b1863922.html

That sounds like a diplomatic way of saying "don't get your hopes up"
Sounds like bollocks though. Because - and irrespective of the legitimacy of diplomatic immunity in this case - diplomatic immunity can be (as I understand it) revoked by the President (or the PM) for any of their respective citizens. And, yes, this would apply retrospectively if they so desire. And, as such, the usual process of application for deportation to stand trial would apply.

Or, am I now talking out of my arse?
Just Elmo? - What have the EU deregulated?

diggerling! - The market.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Avengers Assemble.

The very best the world has to offer!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Just look at the way Johnson wears a suit. And what's he doing with his fucking hands?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you want to build a snowman?

The guy back left has got used to not wearing a suit during Covid work-from-home, and when he's put it on this morning, realised he's had a growth spurt.

"Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich."

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

The guy back left has got used to not wearing a suit during Covid work-from-home, and when he's put it on this morning, realised he's had a growth spurt.

:D

I think he forgot his suit and had to borrow a spare one from the bloke next to him.

Also, maths isn’t my strong point but there’s more than 7 there. Ursula is one, who’s the other gatecrasher.

And Yorky, couldn’t agree more. If you sound £200k of someone else’s money on a renovation, there’s surely a bit left over to get a fitted suit.

Offline Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:D

I think he forgot his suit and had to borrow a spare one from the bloke next to him.

Also, maths isn’t my strong point but there’s more than 7 there. Ursula is one, who’s the other gatecrasher.

And Yorky, couldn’t agree more. If you sound £200k of someone else’s money on a renovation, there’s surely a bit left over to get a fitted suit.

Charles Michel, President of the EU Council (the one with the bad suit).

• Legacy Fan
Avengers Assemble.

Biden does look like Captain America. The one who came back really old at the end of Avengers.

Boris seems one of the powerless of bunch. Makes him Scarlett Johansson.