Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1158173 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Fieldwork: 28th May - 3rd June

https://twitter.com/benatipsosmori/status/1402191803328106499

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/starmers-ratings-fall-further-now-same-levels-corbyn-14-months

Certainly going to test the theory that the government is benefiting from the optimism around the vaccine rollout. Comparisons to Corbyn's ratings will hold true if Starmer continues on like this for a few months and gets into the -40s. Comparison to Howard as leader of the opposition is an interesting one.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
Very true.

There are snowflakes on all sides of this so-called culture war. People feeling offended at absolute trivia. Wanting to "cancel" folks for using the wrong word or making the wrong expression. In fact going out of their way to feel offended, as those who trawl though the twitter accounts of international cricketers for something - anything - they might have said when they were a kid. "I need to be outraged. Please help me!". Others wanting to show their patriotic virtue by flying the frigging flag at every opportunity and feeling offended (again) if someone does not share their enthusiasm. It's left-wing, it's right-wing, but really it's all the same. Look at me, I'm virtuous! You aren't!

You cannot build a a just society, or even a society, on this rampantly individualistic performative nonsense.

Whilst I agree with this to a large extent, I have to say the right-wing element seems much more prevalent in day to day life, whereas the left-wing aspect seems more localised to social media. This is just in my personal experience, but I've got a fair bit of it and it seems like quite a  pronounced. Not to mention the fact that we actually have a large right-wing minority, all of our national newpapers (bar 2, maybe 3) are very right-wing. I don't think there is as much balance as some people might think.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Shocking isn’t it.... only it isn’t. It’s exactly what I’d expect him to say.

How can people, working people who do the hardest jobs, continue to vote for someone whose shows such contempt for their efforts? Then I think, you know what fuck ‘em. If they are stupid enough to vote for someone who has such a low opinion of them then they get all they deserve and then some. Just a shame so many others end up suffering at the same time through no fault of their own. Utterly depressing.
I suppose electorates always get their just desserts - it's just that our dessert always seems to be Eton Mess.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
The fat c*nt flew from London to Cornwall for this climate conference.

Fucking trolling everyone isn’t he.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
I suppose electorates always get their just desserts - it's just that our dessert always seems to be Eton Mess.

Yep. It's getting tiring.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Flying a few hundred miles to a climate conference.  Maybe the other attendees will treat him with the disdain he deserves.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........

I sometimes think it would be a good idea for Labour to smoke the Tories out on the class war - never mind the effing culture war. Go the country at the next election with a programme to nationalise the 'public' schools, beginning with Eton. "You want everyone levelled up Johnson? Let's begin with your old school." Get some spine into the debate about equality.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He couldn't give a f^ck about anything, apart from himself of course.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan

My fucking word, shameless
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
I sometimes think it would be a good idea for Labour to smoke the Tories out on the class war - never mind the effing culture war. Go the country at the next election with a programme to nationalise the 'public' schools, beginning with Eton. "You want everyone levelled up Johnson? Let's begin with your old school." Get some spine into the debate about equality.
For Labour's party political broadcasts they should just stand outside Eton and interview the kids as they come out in their boaters.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
For Labour's party political broadcasts they should just stand outside Eton and interview the kids as they come out in their boaters.
That’s Harrow who have boaters.

(On a point of incredible pedantry!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

I'm sure the members of Pop have brightly coloured weskits or spats to distinguish them fron the oiks, tiddlers or plain oiks.

And whenever I see this thread title I immediately think of 'Burlington Bertie from Bow'. ;D
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 09:26:39 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan

You are correct, of course. But they'll still be a bunch of despicable twats though.

I was just trying to disguise the fact that it's my old school.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 09:33:54 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
You are correct, of course. But they'll still be a bunch of despicable twats though.

I was just trying to disguise the fact that it's my old school.
;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
That David Frost c*nt gets away with a lot.

Years of whining about unelected bureaucrats. Then this clown comes along - issues his statements as if anyone needs to listen to him. Gets made a lord by the fat controller and now fucks everything up from the Lords. To put into context, sounds like the EU are missing Michael fucking Gove because he at least pretended to try. Apparently Biden has ordered his diplomats to tell Johnson and Frost to sort it the fuck out. Idiots.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Not quite sure what the issue is here.

Yes he's an enormous fat wobbly blob of shit, but London to Cornwall (Carbis Bay) is about 300 miles.

I go camping down there sometimes and that's one complete knobend of a drive which would probably take 5-6 hours. It's also a dick of a road so I imagine with him being PM and everything, they'd do that motorcade closing it off and restricting cross traffic and the like.

Not much in the way of decent services or, in fact, anything on that stretch of road.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not quite sure what the issue is here.

Yes he's an enormous fat wobbly blob of shit, but London to Cornwall (Carbis Bay) is about 300 miles.

I go camping down there sometimes and that's one complete knobend of a drive which would probably take 5-6 hours. It's also a dick of a road so I imagine with him being PM and everything, they'd do that motorcade closing it off and restricting cross traffic and the like.

Not much in the way of decent services or, in fact, anything on that stretch of road.

The carbon emissions mate.  Flying is the most polluting form of transport.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Maybe he had a look at the train ticket prices and figured it was cheaper to fly. Is for me sometimes, though I've never done it. He should have made a day out of it, not like he's going to miss out on doing any work. Nice train journey although I usually jump off at Liskeard.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Starmer got flak just before the May elections for flying to Edinburgh Airport to do a campaign event with Anas Sarwar. It's further distance wise but I don't think the difference in train times is much different.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The carbon emissions mate.  Flying is the most polluting form of transport.

Hmm. Not sure. Being the PM would mean that he'd have security detail (MI5?), Police, PAs, advisors, Entourage and the like coming down with him..

So you're probably talking 20 vehicles? Just completely guessing there.

So when you tot that lot up maybe less of a difference?

I certainly get having a go at Johnson, just think that a world leader in this instance isn't being outrageous flying there. If he'd flown to Brighton or something then yeah.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Listening to Matt Hancock on Radio 5.  He's such a massive twat.  I think he genuinely believes he's done an amazing job throughout the pandemic despite so much evidence to the contrary.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
Listening to Matt Hancock on Radio 5.  He's such a massive twat.  I think he genuinely believes he's done an amazing job throughout the pandemic despite so much evidence to the contrary.

I listened to the first 15 minutes, wondering if there is a game at play with Cummings having not submitted evidence to corroborate his stories the other week.

But yeah, listening to him you would think they did everything possible to save every life and he has hasn't slept since the pandemic started.....

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I listened to the first 15 minutes, wondering if there is a game at play with Cummings having not submitted evidence to corroborate his stories the other week.

But yeah, listening to him you would think they did everything possible to save every life and he has hasn't slept since the pandemic started.....

Did he mention he got the vaccine rollout plan from watching the film Contagion?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational

Is it wishful thinking that Cummings held back on providing the evidence so that Hancock wouldn’t be able to formulate a defence? Let him bullshit the panel and then release the evidence....
Believer

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Is it wishful thinking that Cummings held back on providing the evidence so that Hancock wouldn’t be able to formulate a defence? Let him bullshit the panel and then release the evidence....

No, but it's equally probable that Cummings knows there's absolutely no penalty worth a toss for lying his arse off to a Commons committee while on live tv, highlights repeated on news bulletins for the next couple of days.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
It's like Grealish and Fernandes are writhing around on the floor in agony after a 'collision' with each other.

Q: Who do you believe? A: Neither of them.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
It's like Grealish and Fernandes are writhing around on the floor in agony after a 'collision' with each other.

Q: Who do you believe? A: Neither of them.

If there were two wrecked cars beside them I'd call an ambulance. Otherwise it's walk on by time.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Jack Lubner
@JackLubner
Luciana Berger ‘wasn’t hounded out of the Labour Party’ -
@jeremycorbyn at the Cambridge Union

https://twitter.com/JackLubner/status/1403012597402701831?s=20

He just can't help himself can he?

stellacreasy
@stellacreasy
·
33m
It’s called constructive dismissal - as the dictionary described ‘occurs when an employee resigns as a result of the employer creating a hostile work environment’……

https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1403032413249355783?s=20

Stella Creasy isn't impressed

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
It becomes increasingly difficult to understand how this person couldn’t be antisemitic and how they could still be in Labour.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:44:15 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
It becomes increasingly difficult to understand how this person couldn’t be antiemetic and how they could still be in Labour.
Its amazing what gets thrown up (or not) on these threads.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Its amazing what gets thrown up (or not) on these threads.
I vomit in your general direction m’lord ;)
W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
😀
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
What do they actually do in these G7 conferences?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Wow. The state of him turning up with a bomber jacket with 'Prime Minister' and a Virgin logo.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Wow. The state of him turning up with a bomber jacket with 'Prime Minister' and a Virgin logo.

If he wasn't rich and or famous he would be a fecking virgin.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
It's a bit like a weekend photography workshop.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Pledged to provide 1 billion covid vaccines worldwide yesterday

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Voting intention amongst 18-24s (+/- since 2019):

LAB: 35% (-21)
GRN: 27% (+23)
CON: 21% (-)
LD: 12% (+1)
SNP: 3% (-3)
REF: 1% (-)

Via @YouGov, 9-10 June

I’m not posting this to dunk on Starmer before anyone thinks I am - more just interested in what young people choose if not Labour. Either way, I would still anticipate a larger share of the votes in this age category going to Labour in 2023/2024, just based on the usual sharpening of the minds that tends to happen when you have a chance to remove the Tories.

The Green vote always tends to rise between elections and then fall back when an election is approaching and the reality of FPTP hits. I'm guessing that effect is probably magnified in the youth vote. I'm not saying that necessarily explains the full swing here though.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
The Green vote always tends to rise between elections and then fall back when an election is approaching and the reality of FPTP hits. I'm guessing that effect is probably magnified in the youth vote. I'm not saying that necessarily explains the full swing here though.

Starmer isn't currently addressing the issues of their time in the ways the Greens are. It'll swing back because of electoral reality, but it can swing back further if he makes a much better stab of communicating them. I'm talking the environment, housing etc.