Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543383 times)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #4640 on: May 23, 2021, 01:39:33 pm »
love the brilliant mad fucking bastard. Driving the club to a league title at 34

doubt we will ever see someone so talented and driven. Its either one or another but suarez is what happens with both in abundance.

love to see him back but just romanticism right now.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4641 on: May 23, 2021, 01:51:36 pm »
Meh, couldn't care less.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4642 on: May 23, 2021, 01:55:29 pm »
Loved when he was our shithouse. Don't think i've ever seen that level of win at all costs attitude combined with skill ever
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: May 23, 2021, 02:59:42 pm »
Suarez over Ronaldo  :lmao

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4644 on: May 23, 2021, 03:04:58 pm »
Suarez didn't have the same injuries that Ronaldo had, if he did, he wouldnt be playing wirh a half a knee. It has nothing to do with determination. He dislocated his knee tendon completely, was out for a year and in his game back he ripped his knee cap tendon completely and exploded, ended up in the middle of his thigh

Two such injuries back to back which kept him out for 2 years or.so. He was told he would never play football again and injuries like that at the time were career ending without a doubt.So you think he didnt have the drive and determination after injuries like that? The drive and determination is what helped him come back and still have succesful career but the injuries robbes him of multiple yeara od playing

If Suarez has the injuries Ronaldo had in that era, he probably doesn’t make it out of Holland.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: May 23, 2021, 07:02:29 pm »
Can't wait for them to announce his return.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4646 on: May 23, 2021, 11:29:38 pm »
He’s the best I’ve seen for us by far. I hope we position our selves to get another like him.

He’s under appreciated because of Ronaldo and messi who have been better. I’d murder for another Suarez joining us.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: May 23, 2021, 11:39:20 pm »
Two such injuries back to back which kept him out for 2 years or.so. He was told he would never play football again and injuries like that at the time were career ending without a doubt.So you think he didnt have the drive and determination after injuries like that? The drive and determination is what helped him come back and still have succesful career but the injuries robbes him of multiple yeara od playing

Nope, not related to that. To be specific I was referring to not looking after his diet etc

If Suarez has the injuries Ronaldo had in that era, he probably doesn’t make it out of Holland.

Sillier than your harry wilson shouts ;)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4648 on: May 24, 2021, 12:05:14 am »
Nope, not related to that. To be specific I was referring to not looking after his diet etc

Sillier than your harry wilson shouts ;)

''I know Ronaldo had serious injuries, but Suarez has too. Work ethic in rehab can't be underrated.''

You questioned his work ethic in the first part of the post, his work ethic is what gave him the chance to play football again after he was told he wouldn't be able to, missing out on playing for 2 full calendar years. I don't understand how a lack of work ethic gets him that into position. Ronaldo's lack of work ethic wasn't the reason he had two back to back potentially career ending injuries.

You also said he had serious injuries like Ronaldo. He hasn't.

I know Ronaldo performed pretty well even when he came back badly overweight, but imagine if he had Suarez's drive and determination.

Ronaldo didn't come back from said injuries overweight though. He started to lose control of his weight towards the latter stages of his career, circa his last year at Real and years following that. [2006 and onwards]. That's a whole 4 years after his comeback from the injuries I mentioned. The weight gain however is more to do with his hypothyroidism.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:06:55 am by deFacto please, you bastards »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4649 on: May 24, 2021, 12:12:21 am »
''I know Ronaldo had serious injuries, but Suarez has too. Work ethic in rehab can't be underrated.''

You questioned his work ethic in the first part of the post, his work ethic is what gave him the chance to play football again after he was told he wouldn't be able to, missing out on playing for 2 full calendar years. I don't understand how a lack of work ethic gets him that into position. Ronaldo's lack of work ethic wasn't the reason he had two back to back potentially career ending injuries.

You also said he had serious injuries like Ronaldo. He hasn't.

Ronaldo didn't come back from said injuries overweight though. He started to lose control of his weight towards the latter stages of his career, circa his last year at Real and years following that. [2006 and onwards]. That's a whole 4 years after his comeback from the injuries I mentioned. The weight gain however is more to do with his hypothyroidism.

The sentence straight after the one you quoted makes it clear I'm talking about work ethic to stay in shape I thought.

Also you're referring to me saying Ronaldo lacked a work ethic when I didn't say that. I just said I'd take Suarez's (a player infamous for his work ethic) over Ronaldo's. I wasn't implying he's like Charlie Adam or something.

Just getting back on the pitch deserves huge praise though, you're definitely right
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:15:07 am by Classycara »

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4650 on: May 25, 2021, 12:35:37 am »
It is quite possible we may never see a better player than Suarez playing for us in my life time. The man was magic. Plenty of players have had better careers here but there has not been anyone I would rate above him purely as a footballer.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #4651 on: May 25, 2021, 02:02:38 am »
Antics notwithstanding, will always have a soft spot for the mad bastard...no1 in doggedness and determination....well earned title again.

As an aside, how does he manage to look like a championship striker in terms of physique and still be an elite striker?

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: May 25, 2021, 11:35:05 am »
Shame he joined us when we were still a bit soft as a club. How things have now changed. To be honest the way he tried to force his way out and eventually got his way, and the shit afterwards. To me he will never be a club legend. So meh - not for me. And for those saying he was the best that ever played for us, you need your head checked. Give me Dalglish, Van Dijk, Salah, Gerrard, Barnes, Rush, Mane, Allison,  etc, any day of the week over this self serving snake.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4653 on: May 25, 2021, 04:43:23 pm »
I dont think its even particularly outrageous to say he's better than Ronaldo (I wouldnt....but its not crazy at all). He's had an absolutely phenomenal career. And not in a Gary Neville 'background artist' sort of way, but a massive part of every success he's had. He's Barcas third highest scorer ever, 14th for Ajax in 3 and a half seasons and has a plethora of utterly ridiculous goals.

Also worth bearing in mind the lad giving it ':lmao :lmao' once said Harry Wilson was technically better than Salah and Mane :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 04:46:27 pm by fucking appalled »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: May 25, 2021, 05:41:13 pm »
Also worth bearing in mind the lad giving it ':lmao :lmao' once said Harry Wilson was technically better than Salah and Mane :D

Haha yeah I definitely took Coolie's ridicule as a badge of honour! (even if he did misquote me)

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #4655 on: May 25, 2021, 09:17:35 pm »
Shame he joined us when we were still a bit soft as a club. How things have now changed. To be honest the way he tried to force his way out and eventually got his way, and the shit afterwards. To me he will never be a club legend. So meh - not for me. And for those saying he was the best that ever played for us, you need your head checked. Give me Dalglish, Van Dijk, Salah, Gerrard, Barnes, Rush, Mane, Allison,  etc, any day of the week over this self serving snake.

I guess its debatable whether Suarez is a LFC legend or not. IMO he certainly is and was unlucky to not have almost single handedly won us the title with what was an above average team with an above average manager.

I also think he is the best player I have ever seen play for LFC . And I have seen peak Gerrard, Torres and Salah who are all incredible players. I know lot of posters will disagree but then its an opinion board.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:19:38 pm by CalgarianRed »
True North Strong

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4656 on: May 25, 2021, 10:27:54 pm »
As an aside, how does he manage to look like a championship striker in terms of physique and still be an elite striker?
Must be that south american herbal drink he's always drinking

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4657 on: May 26, 2021, 11:25:38 am »
I dont think its even particularly outrageous to say he's better than Ronaldo (I wouldnt....but its not crazy at all). He's had an absolutely phenomenal career. And not in a Gary Neville 'background artist' sort of way, but a massive part of every success he's had. He's Barcas third highest scorer ever, 14th for Ajax in 3 and a half seasons and has a plethora of utterly ridiculous goals.

What’s funnier you were just saying Thago might not be good enough for Liverpool team just two weeks ago to paraphrase I would suggest that’s far worse than me saying Harry Wilson is arguably the best striker of the ball at the club which I still stand by.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4658 on: May 26, 2021, 11:26:25 am »
Haha yeah I definitely took Coolie's ridicule as a badge of honour! (even if he did misquote me)

I never even quoted you at all you weird people.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: May 26, 2021, 11:32:35 am »
What’s funnier you were just saying Thago might not be good enough for Liverpool team just two weeks ago to paraphrase I would suggest that’s far worse than me saying Harry Wilson is arguably the best striker of the ball at the club which I still stand by.

This one? :D

Fantastic today

I can see how you misconstrued that though.

You need to go back a few months at least for my knee-jerky Thiago knocking :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4660 on: May 26, 2021, 11:37:03 am »
This one? :D

I can see how you misconstrued that though.

You need to go back a few months at least for my knee-jerky Thiago knocking :)

Yes a couple ago months ago you made some strangely stupid knee jerk comments about Thiago and how he fits into our team, to be honest we’ve all made questionable comments I’ve been here for 8,9years after all only thing is unless it was very recent in my mind as your Thiago comments I don’t go around trying to remember every posters outlandish or controversial comments and I also don’t go round following said poster and reminding they made those comments in every thread like you do, which I could easily do, given how well Thiago has played since you attempted to crotiscize him for example.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4661 on: May 26, 2021, 11:52:48 am »
Yes a couple ago months ago you made some strangely stupid knee jerk comments about Thiago and how he fits into our team, to be honest we’ve all made questionable comments I’ve been here for 8,9years after all only thing is unless it was very recent in my mind as your Thiago comments I don’t go around trying to remember every posters outlandish or controversial comments and I also don’t go round following said poster and reminding they made those comments in every thread like you do, which I could easily do, given how well Thiago has played since you attempted to crotiscize him for example.

You seem consistently unaware of how a forum works mate :D

In this case, replying with :lmao when people have made pretty coherent arguments about why Suarez may be rated higher than Ronaldo makes you fair game for some of the tripe you've come out with yourself (which you doubled down on!). As we all are, like you say with Thiago (although questioning if he was a great fit for the team at that time I'm still pretty confident isn't as daft as saying 'Harry Wilson is technically better than Mo Salah and Sadio Mane). Happy to own it though, better to say something daft and then admit it was daft than say something daft and stick with it through overwhelming evidence to the contrary!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: June 23, 2021, 07:23:53 pm »
Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez has ruled out a return to the Premier League because he would find it "hard" to play against former club Liverpool.

Suarez, 34, enjoyed a four-year spell at Anfield from 2010-2014 and scored 82 goals in 133 appearances.

"I had, and hope I still do have, such a good relationship with Liverpool fans that it would be strange for me to play for somebody else.

"It would have been special to win the league with Liverpool, but I am glad that their wait is now over.

"They look like a team that will compete for many seasons to come even if this one has not been the best for them. They are back where they belong."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4417342/atletico-madrids-luiz-suarez-rules-out-premier-league-return-i-cant-play-against-liverpool
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: June 23, 2021, 07:26:17 pm »
Of course he'd find it hard to play against us.  He's 34 now and had a tough enough time against us when he was at Barca. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4664 on: June 23, 2021, 08:14:30 pm »
I’d have him here next year for sure. Could be a great sub.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: June 23, 2021, 08:47:16 pm »
I’d have him here next year for sure. Could be a great sub.

Same here,we really need a forward and a short term older one would be the best route imo.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4666 on: June 28, 2021, 12:26:20 am »
Best player we've ever had. I'd love to see what he could do surrounded by Mane, Salah either side and with Trent Hendo and Virg pinging balls to him.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4667 on: June 28, 2021, 01:49:21 pm »
Best player we've ever had. I'd love to see what he could do surrounded by Mane, Salah either side and with Trent Hendo and Virg pinging balls to him.

He'd be gnawing on an opposition defender the moment he wants a move?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4668 on: June 28, 2021, 02:00:51 pm »

2012 - 2014 LFC Suarez in our current side would be an unbelievable sight. He was world class with Sturridge and Sterling, he would be superhuman with Mo and Sadio.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4669 on: June 28, 2021, 02:14:01 pm »
Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez has ruled out a return to the Premier League because he would find it "hard" to play against former club Liverpool.

Suarez 'finding it hard' to play against LFC....

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #4670 on: June 28, 2021, 02:25:27 pm »

Suarez 'finding it hard' to play against LFC....

Huge difference playing in a league against us vs a one of cup competition.

The luck of the draw and you damn well better do everything for your team to get them through - no doubt that level of dedication is why the celebration is as effusive.

In the league you are not only looking to beat us twice a year but hoping results go against us at every turn because we would, presumably, be one of which ever team he went too's major rival.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4671 on: June 28, 2021, 02:27:54 pm »
Plus that celebration made it so much sweeter ;)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4672 on: June 28, 2021, 02:30:13 pm »
Suarez celebrating against us didn’t bother me at all (the first leg result did!). We know what he’s like. There’s no way he wasn’t going to celebrate. He didn’t go over the top or wasn’t disrespectful.

And as said, just added fuel for the second leg.

Offline Kopmeister

• Main Stander
« Reply #4673 on: June 29, 2021, 12:38:06 am »
Probably the most skilful player that I have seen play for us in nearly 50 years of supporting the club.

I would have him back in a heartbeat even at his age.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4674 on: June 29, 2021, 02:19:35 am »
Yeah anyone who expected him not to celebrate I can only assume were in a coma while he was playing for us. The man plays on pure emotion, for better or worse.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: June 29, 2021, 03:36:33 am »
Didn't seem to find it that hard when Arsenal came knocking for him.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4676 on: June 29, 2021, 07:44:28 am »
Didn't seem to find it that hard when Arsenal came knocking for him.

He also didn't seem too bothered about going to a direct rival to his dream club Barca. It's just easy PR from him, if you have no offers from England and no interest in leaving Spain, just tell people you would never go to a rival.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4677 on: June 29, 2021, 07:57:50 am »
He also didn't seem too bothered about going to a direct rival to his dream club Barca. It's just easy PR from him, if you have no offers from England and no interest in leaving Spain, just tell people you would never go to a rival.
To be fair, he was effectively and unceremoniously kicked out of Barcelona, told he was redundant, surplus to requirements etc. So going to Atletico (after his preferred move to Juve fell through at the last minute, due to passport issue and allegations of him cheating in Italian language test required for application, which is pure Suarez let’s be honest) was a big fuck off to them, made even sweeter by helping them win La Liga 10 months later.

Completely agree though on the easy PR. Talk is cheap. That said, it seems clear he’d like one last swansong at Anfield under Klopp. Problem being that FSG wouldn’t sanction it with a sanitised ten-foot bargepole.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 07:59:34 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: July 3, 2021, 09:36:28 am »
Yeah anyone who expected him not to celebrate I can only assume were in a coma while he was playing for us. The man plays on pure emotion, for better or worse.

I thought the response by some people on here to his celebrating was absolutely pathetic. Said it then and stand by it.  Grown men acting like pre pubescent school girls

Infact, in all but the most extreme of examples (hypothetically if Gerrard played for a premier team and scored) I think not celebrating scoring against your former team is a disrespect to your new team.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4679 on: July 3, 2021, 06:55:30 pm »
I thought the response by some people on here to his celebrating was absolutely pathetic. Said it then and stand by it.  Grown men acting like pre pubescent school girls

Agree with you here (not about RAWK, just generally online), except for bringing girls into it. More that enough boys and men getting themselves het up over a player who they knew was on the opponents team celebrating after scoring against us, don't need to unfairly act like that's something girls do.