Author Topic: Olympics 2020 Tokyo  (Read 111287 times)

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Olympics 2020 Tokyo
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2021, 11:26:34 am »
They don't have the rights it seems. Eurosport and Discovery got the full rights.

@mrdanwalker
Thanks for watching this morning.
I know we’ve got used to being able to see every sport - on various streams - at the #Olympics but, this time, the BBC is only allowed to show 2 sports at the same time.
It is an issue about TV rights & not an editorial choice.

Thanks.

Urghh, that's really shit. Money ruining yet another good thing.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2021, 11:59:54 am »
They don't have the rights it seems. Eurosport and Discovery got the full rights.

@mrdanwalker
Thanks for watching this morning.
I know we’ve got used to being able to see every sport - on various streams - at the #Olympics but, this time, the BBC is only allowed to show 2 sports at the same time.
It is an issue about TV rights & not an editorial choice.

If you've got a VPN try this:

https://7plus.com.au/olympics

Maybe put your postcode as 2000 for Sydney, 3000 Melbourne, 4000 Brisbane.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2021, 12:08:47 pm »
I thought they were using iplayer, and the red button.

Maybe he was planning to watch Mongolian woman wrestle.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2021, 01:00:47 pm »
Gol GB women !   It’s coming home !

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2021, 01:01:02 pm »
Adam Peaty is a legend.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2021, 01:06:28 pm »
I cannot believe 3v3 basketball is an Olympic sport.

NBA influence no doubt.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2021, 01:07:46 pm »
Well done girls relay 👏

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2021, 01:09:39 pm »
Maybe he was planning to watch Mongolian woman wrestle.

I would have been able to if I wanted to at past Olympics :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2021, 01:19:38 pm »

The Ellen White goal for GB on 74' vs Japan - https://twitter.com/The_Hedonist_6/status/1418906167468777474

1-0; full-time. Highlights up on the BBC & Eurosport etc.

www.flashscore.co.uk/football/world/olympic-games-women
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2021, 01:40:58 pm »
Never get why the BBC need to switch channels for stuff like the Olympics and Wimbledon.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2021, 04:28:17 pm »
I cannot believe 3v3 basketball is an Olympic sport.

NBA influence no doubt.

Nope - the US didn't even qualify.  It seems to be linked to the inclusion of skateboarding and freestyle BMX - it is very much a "youth street" game that is the most played "urban" game in the world.  And the IOC are trying to be inclusive with respects to the youth of today and exciting them

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2021, 04:57:26 pm »
Has anyone signed up to Eurosport? I'm probably just gonna sign up for the Olympics but was wondering how good the coverage is.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2021, 04:59:17 pm »
Eurosport are always good for the obscure events.  ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2021, 05:02:41 pm »
Appalling reporting on the women's pairs rowing  there from the BBC crew. James point blank refused to believe the Russians had a chance or that the two British ladies could lose. His denial would be amusing if you didn't feel so bad for the girls.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2021, 05:04:04 pm »
Appalling reporting on the women's pairs rowing  there from the BBC crew. James point blank refused to believe the Russians had a chance or that the two British ladies could lose. His denial would be amusing if you didn't feel so bad for the girls.

It was the same for the men's 8 as well. Awful commentary, wouldn't accept that the Brits were shit until a couple of hundred metres before the finish line. He just commentated on what he expected to happen rather than what was actually happening. 

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2021, 05:12:23 pm »
It was the same for the men's 8 as well. Awful commentary, wouldn't accept that the Brits were shit until a couple of hundred metres before the finish line. He just commentated on what he expected to happen rather than what was actually happening.
Sounds like they've lost a few coaches to China, Australia and other countries too. Is it a funding issue? So much hoopla about our lottery money supporting Olympic athletes. So why are other countries managing to lure our coaches away?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2021, 05:13:09 pm »
BBC coverage seems really scaled back this year. Only 2 live TV channels and no online streams for the other sports.

Yeah it's a bit crap they don't have all of the rights now. Just watching it today and the coverage they do show is diluted because they're just focusing on the British side of things so they don't show a whole session of something and instead keep pulling away every half hours between sports. It takes you out of something if you're invested in it. Hopefully it gets better over the two weeks.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2021, 06:50:52 pm »
Eurosport are always good for the obscure events.  ;D

Yeh I always find myself loving some random sports over the course of the two weeks

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2021, 07:51:03 pm »
Some of this BBC coverage is really bad. Presenters either really dumbing it down or trying too hard to be 'quirky'. Both are really annoying.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:58:00 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2021, 08:05:05 pm »
Some of this BBC coverage is really bad. Presenters either really dumbing it down or trying too hard to be 'quirky'. Both are really annoying.
Alex was being a bit of a try-hard with the "zen" stuff 10 minutes ago, but I think she was trying to buy the producers some time. She's lovely though. Don't mind a bit of her and Claire Balding.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2021, 08:07:41 pm »
Alex was being a bit of a try-hard with the "zen" stuff 10 minutes ago, but I think she was trying to buy the producers some time. She's lovely though. Don't mind a bit of her and Claire Balding.

ha ha I find them to be the worst of the lot, can't stand either of them. Opinions eh?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2021, 08:17:20 pm »
ha ha I find them to be the worst of the lot, can't stand either of them. Opinions eh?
;D

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2021, 08:25:23 pm »
I hope you lot aren’t throwing shade at my gal Hazel Irvine - best presenter out there  :D

Jason Mohammed, on the other hand…

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2021, 08:27:34 pm »
Never get why the BBC need to switch channels for stuff like the Olympics and Wimbledon.

or why they employ the awful Alex Scott, Ive had to turn it off
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2021, 08:30:47 pm »
I hope you lot aren’t throwing shade at my gal Hazel Irvine - best presenter out there  :D

Jason Mohammed, on the other hand…

She's awesome, should be doing prime time.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2021, 08:33:56 pm »
She's awesome, should be doing prime time.

Agree

her and balding are excellent

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2021, 08:42:13 pm »
Agree

her and balding are excellent

Mmm, well you're half right :P

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2021, 09:26:42 pm »
Alex Scott is an odd choice, she really is poor as a pundit, let alone a presenter.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2021, 09:39:34 pm »
Alex Scott is an odd choice, she really is poor as a pundit, let alone a presenter.

Come on she's no worse than some of the other pundits out there. There's no reason she shouldn't be given a chance she seems to have worked really hard behind the scenes to carve out career for herself in TV. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2021, 10:07:49 pm »
She's lovely.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2021, 10:12:17 pm »
Come on she's no worse than some of the other pundits out there. There's no reason she shouldn't be given a chance she seems to have worked really hard behind the scenes to carve out career for herself in TV. 

Yes they do have some poor ones, but she definitely is in that group.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2021, 10:25:27 pm »

She's not bad as a pundit but terrible as a presenter (so far). I think Clare Balding mentioned the tennis players asking to play later in the day due to the heat, and Scott said something about them being like 'Brits complaining about the weather'. She also call Max Whitlock 'Mac Whitlox'...and what was that 'zen' thing all about? That whole review show was just incredibly dumbed down and amateurish, there was a section on shooting which had an annoying 'quirky' intro lasting about 5 mins, then about 30 seconds of actual shooting.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2021, 01:12:41 am »
Lots of falling off the skateboarding going on at the moment

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2021, 01:23:55 am »
These are boring so far.

I’m sure there is a split woke opinion - but skateboarding? Come on.

3 x 3 basketball?

Wtf

Offline Dalglish to Rush

• Main Stander
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2021, 01:43:04 am »
When did the Olympics become It's a Knockout?

Skateboarding FFS, anything where the participants are wearing Airpods (other ear buds are available) and have time to mess with their phone as they are about to start shouldn't be anywhere near the biggest sporting event on the planet.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2021, 01:53:11 am »

Skateboarding FFS, anything where the participants are wearing Airpods (other ear buds are available) and have time to mess with their phone as they are about to start shouldn't be anywhere near the biggest sporting event on the planet.

So presumably you feel the same way about snowboarding - which has been in the olympics since 1998?  Or shooting, given that all the competitors have to wear earphones for that, and you could easily add music to the earphones to allow them to tune out external noises - and thats been there since 1896.  There are plenty of other examples I can come up with too

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2021, 02:00:06 am »

Skateboarding should get an exemption to be a motorised sport performed and 60kms per hour. And participants have a toke before go on.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2021, 02:03:25 am »

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2021, 02:06:45 am »
Seriously though, I think it’s great that skating is in.

The final will be good to watch, just a shame I’m too tired to stay up. Nyjah and Yuto are insane. Watch some footage of them and you won’t care about AirPods, they are ridiculously talented…and brave too actually.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2021, 02:26:45 am »
BTW, I just love watching elite level handball & volleyball. Likewise with field hockey which has more flow with less fouls and better control.