Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 628110 times)

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9uJMDNNF_o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B9uJMDNNF_o</a>

Im wet.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
For a 2 hour movie it rocketed along nicely, I thought.  The surprise cameo was excellent and Hemsworth IS Thor.

Kat Dennings is just awful, though.  Her delivery is terrible.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
She bugged me when she first turned up, doing that predictable quirky American comedy routine that you see in New Girl or something but she got better as it went on.

Also, was the monster thing the same one that Thor mentions in the Avengers?  That would be some callback...
« Last Edit: November 5, 2013, 02:08:53 pm by wampa1 »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And yet he prefers Jane Foster.

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just so you get the full picture.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Amazing figure to make that dress work, Jaime's always got an interesting-but-actually-good fashion sense.

Can't believe the furore its caused with people commenting online calling her a slut etc. No one has the right to police anyone else's body.

I think she's nailed on to be Wonder Woman (in what will be an awful awful film most likely as I just don't trust WB).

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah she would be perfect as Wonder Woman, although I share your concern over DC pulling off a decent WW film.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
The other big issue I had was with the frost beast jumping to London to eat a dark elf and never being seen again, but they addressed that in the 2nd post-credits scene, which was utterly brilliant. ;D
[close]

Spoiler
There's a chance we might see it again in Agents of SHIELD in a couple of weeks too.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvels-agents-of-shield/28022/agents-of-shield-to-cross-over-with-thor-the-dark-world
[close]

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Last Edit: November 6, 2013, 11:33:34 am by tubby »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
CBA with the press release but Marvel, Disney and Netflix have come together to produce a 5 season series starting in 2015.

The first 4 seasons will be a solo each for Daredevil (fucking yes!), Spider-Woman Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, culminating in the fifth season, called "The Defenders", where they all team together. Obviously this will all be street-level based in NYC.

Judging by how Marvel and Netflix have had excellent casting etc in their programs so far, this should be brilliant.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2013, 03:49:38 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really exciting, that. Though I don't know where you got Spider Woman from - it's Jessica Jones!

Think it could be fantastic if done right. Unlike the poor Agents of SHIELD, there's a huge amount of comics to lift from to do these heroes justice. And I really like the Netflix model.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
CBA with the press release but Marvel, Disney and Netflix have come together to produce a 5 season series starting in 2015.

The first 4 seasons will be a solo each for Daredevil (fucking yes!), Spider-Woman, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, culminating in the fifth season, called "The Defenders", where they all team together. Obviously this will all be street-level based in NYC.

Judging by how Marvel and Netflix have had excellent casting etc in their programs so far, this should be brilliant.

That sounds extremelly cool!!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Ah I read it as Jessica Drew ;D

Daredevil is basically the most consistently well written marvel character in their entire library, that series should be immense.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah I read it as Jessica Drew ;D

Did the same when I read it haha.

A DAREDEVIL TV SHOW! AHHHHHH!

Seriously, hes the perfect character for a tv series. It has everything you could possibly want. A tense drama? You got it, lawyered up. Interesting characters? Daredevil has some of the best stories ever to pick through. Action? Hello, its fucking daredevil! Hes kicking ass with a customised stick thing for fucks sake! You can make it grittier like Frank Millers DD, or lighter like Waids, basically you can choose whatever you want to do with it, and theres an amazing story there to start with. You can even tie it into Agents of SHIELD if you wanted to, its perfect.

You can make it Law and Order, but this guy is the main character

and at night he goes around fighting crime.

Im calling it, this is going to be fucking brilliant.

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
Fucking can't wait for Daredevil.  One of my favourite superheroes of all time.  I even liked the Affleck movie (seriously, the director's cut is great!)

I just hope they nail the casting and don't phone it in with pretty people like Agents of SHIELD.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought Thor 2 was pretty shite really.

Didnt like any of the characters in it. Thor was "bland". Portman  I thought added nothing. Hopkins seemed to be doing it with no effort at "being" Odin. Eccleston was crap as a baddie.

Probably the first superhero film I've been about 2/3 of the way through and wishing it would just hurry up and be over.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just saw Thor 2 and loved it! Loki's scenes were the best. I do think the editing should have been better and it should have been longer. Still it was such fun. Can't wait for Thor 3!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watched the first Thor on Saturday and loved it so going to see Thor 2 on Thurday! (Thors day) Hope it's as good if not better!

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In general, the end credits scenes are a little reward/taste for the bigger nerds in the audience. Loads had no idea what the one after Avengers was about.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Even the Avengers one which used Thanos was lost on a lot of comic readers because he hadn't been relevant for over 20 years ;D

Offline Red Wizard

• Kemlynite
Is anyone still watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

I've persisted with it and I'm really enjoying it now.

Not sure if it's because it's getting better or if it's just me resigned to the fact that it isn't ever going to be as good as I hoped it would be.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan

Not sure if it's because it's getting better or if it's just me resigned to the fact that it isn't ever going to be as good as I hoped it would be.

It has definitely got better, started badly but I have enjoyed the last two episodes.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm still watching, I think it's developing very well into a decent show. Still not amazing, but it's gone from really poor to good watching in like, 10 episodes. We're not even half way through season 1 yet, so if it continues its upward trend it could be fantastic by the end.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I actually enjoyed Thor 2 more than the first one and I enjoyed that a lot too. 2/2 at the minute.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

Definitely picked up a lot over the last three or four episodes. It will probably get to be absolutely brilliant just as it gets cancelled. Be interesting to see if they tie the series into the new Captain America movie, going by the trailers it's very SHIELD-centred.

On the 1st end credit scene, a homage to the Guardians film?  The Infinity Gauntlet?  Most people walking out didn't understand it and someone called it a wtf moment...and I tend to agree.  You'd have to know about the gauntlet and have some inkling about Guardians beforehand to understand that scene imo.  I at least explained it to my son that it was possibly a homage toward the Gauntlet which would be introduced in some future films.

It's a teaser, it's not supposed to explain anything, it's supposed to whet your appetite - to make you go "what is happening here? Who are these people?" It's like the one at the end of Amazing Spider-Man, you have a mysterious shadowy figure show up and whisper some cryptic dialogue and people are going "oh, that's stupid, they didn't explain who that was and basically give away the plot to the second movie in its entirety there..."

A "WTF moment" is a good thing, it makes you come back to find out. That's the whole point.

How is this not obvious?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Just so you get the full picture.

How is Jaime not Wonder Woman ? WTF!!
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
How is Jaime not Wonder Woman ? WTF!!

Probably contracted to marvel and can't get out of it to play Wonder Woman

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
Word going round is that Paul Rudd will play Henry Pym in Edgar Wright's Ant Man!
PSN: DHitchers

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Probably contracted to marvel and can't get out of it to play Wonder Woman
I would love it if the next Thor movies made better use of the main characters and their powers

I would love to find out more about Lady Sif, involve that character more and see more of her powers
I would love to see Thor open a wormhole with Mjolinir and demonstrate more of his characters powers

It would also be great to see Surtur, the Enchantress, and the executioner

Maybe saving Beta Ray Bill to Thor 4

Interestingly there was a Storyline in the animated universe where Loki, The Enchantress, Surtur, Lady Sif, Beta Ray Bill and Thor were all involved - that would be my plot line for Thor 3
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think that's a great bit of casting. Can't wait for it.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Think that's a great bit of casting. Can't wait for it.

Not confirmed which Ant Man it'll be though.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
True, and it is a little odd that they are keeping that so close to their chest. It's got to be Hank Pym though, right?

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
I'd presume so, I don't see why they'd start with either of the other two as they both essentially only became Ant Man through theft of a pre existing suit. I'd say Rudd suits Pym more than the others, but I'm not fully clued in on Ant Man. Be interested to see if they out any if his "darker" side in, but I'm guessing they want with the way they've skirted over a lot of Starks issues in Iron Man series.

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Red Wizard

• Kemlynite
I saw the Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer for the first time the other night when I went to go and see The Desolation of Smaug.  I can't wait for that.

I think the movies have been getting better as each one is released.  I thought Avengers was brilliant and raised the bar.  Thor 2 maintained that for me, so hoping Captain America 2 is the same.

I know nothing about the next instalments - Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man, so I have some reading to do.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Ant-Man (and Wasp) are original Avengers. Supposedly they're after Rashida Jones as Wasp, and I thought she had great chemistry with Rudd in "I Love You, Man" so that too would be some good casting.

The Guardians of the Galaxy is a team that has been around for decades but has never had more than a cult following, so even comic readers will be experiencing a lot of them for the first time in the movie. Sadly they've cut my favourite member, Phyla-Vell, from the team for the movie.

Personally for GotG I am really weirded out by not only the choice of director but the choice for every single cast member, even the villains. It'll either be a crazy fun pot of madness or awful in every area. I'm most interested in Lee Pace as Ronan The Accuser.

-

There's also talk of Baron Von Strucker being used as a secondary villain in Avengers 2. He is a leader of Hydra and there was a recent storyline in the comics called Secret Warriors where Fury discovers that there's a secret Hydra cell inside Shield, so I think they will take a leaf out of that. Ultron is the type of villain who is more menacing than he is interesting so it makes sense for them to also have a human element involved. I think Loki will miss out on this film and be the final villain in Thor 3.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:25:59 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Vin Diesel has been officially confirmed as Groot in The Guardians Of The Galaxy

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/22/vin-diesel-confirmed-as-groot-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
As I understand it, the current Guardians of the Galaxy have very little in common with the original team, dreamed up in the 70s. The first Guardians of the Galaxy were made up of people from different planets in the solar system, sort of the future version of the Avengers.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
As I understand it, the current Guardians of the Galaxy have very little in common with the original team, dreamed up in the 70s. The first Guardians of the Galaxy were made up of people from different planets in the solar system, sort of the future version of the Avengers.

The Marvel Now incarnation has no real ties to the 1969 team, or the team from the Marvel Presents and 1990 Volume 1 series. The team that is going to be featured in the film is linked to the DnA run (Volume 2), but don`t think it is going to be exclusively taking from that especially considering it is only 25 issues.

The Marvel Now team is simply a complete re-brand to spark interest in them again, hence why they have included Iron Man which is Marvel`s current hot commercial character.  I half expected to see a mention / tie in in Iron Man 3 to be honest!

Hunter S. Thompso
n