Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047291 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #16280 on: August 2, 2021, 08:45:21 am »
Just an update on that woman from work who was telling all kinds that I was some stalking weirdo/Ted Bundy type.

I got my bosses involved who naturally hit the roof, they got her boss involved who pulled her in. She wanted to apologise in person but I swerved that (I'm too much of a soft touch and if she'd started crying I'd have felt bad), so I just asked for her to tell her team she had the wrong person and then asked for an apology off her by email which I got both.

I made sure I didn't want her to be sorry she was caught out, I wanted her to know she had the wrong person.

I'm sure it will be awkward as hell next time in the lift, but I couldn't let that go.
Well played - sensible mixture of exercising your sovereignty over your reputation, following established HR practices, allowing correct procedure and protocol to be observed and also not being a bit of a twat about it (you could have destroyed her - you chose not to) - all these are the marks of a good leader of people - I'd work in your team any day mate.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16281 on: August 2, 2021, 09:19:38 am »
Just an update on that woman from work who was telling all kinds that I was some stalking weirdo/Ted Bundy type.

I got my bosses involved who naturally hit the roof, they got her boss involved who pulled her in. She wanted to apologise in person but I swerved that (I'm too much of a soft touch and if she'd started crying I'd have felt bad), so I just asked for her to tell her team she had the wrong person and then asked for an apology off her by email which I got both.

I made sure I didn't want her to be sorry she was caught out, I wanted her to know she had the wrong person.

I'm sure it will be awkward as hell next time in the lift, but I couldn't let that go.

Good to know it was sorted for you mate and yes it may well be awkward in the future but hopefully she's learnt a valuable lesson in not slandering people for the sake of office gossip.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16282 on: August 2, 2021, 09:26:16 am »

Good to hear this mate, glad there was an outcome which cleared things up for you. A lesson to be learnt for her for sure.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16283 on: August 2, 2021, 09:39:18 am »
Well played - sensible mixture of exercising your sovereignty over your reputation, following established HR practices, allowing correct procedure and protocol to be observed and also not being a bit of a twat about it (you could have destroyed her - you chose not to) - all these are the marks of a good leader of people - I'd work in your team any day mate.

How's that being a bit of a twat? I'd want her sacked for that if it was me. In this case, she has basically called him a sexual predator, that kind of shit can cause massive issues in this day and age, especially with trial by social media, ffs people have been attacked for being paediatricians as the gen public are too thick to understand what that is. People need to know that you cannot make accusations like that and just get away with an apology, these are serious things and the consequences of spreading lies like this need to be massive.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16284 on: August 2, 2021, 09:45:14 am »
How's that being a bit of a twat?
He could have chosen the want-her-fired route, sure - and there are ways to do that - not only has he decided not to crucify her, he decided not to crucify her in a twattish way - that's taking the high road - and I respect him for that. The fact she hasn't respected him is on her - and maybe this close call will be the thing that changes her, for the better - rather than punish her, he's given her the chance to learn. Time will tell.

Of course, none of this takes away the point you make. And we all have choices.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16285 on: August 2, 2021, 09:57:19 am »
He could have chosen the want-her-fired route, sure - and there are ways to do that - not only has he decided not to crucify her, he decided not to crucify her in a twattish way - that's taking the high road - and I respect him for that. The fact she hasn't respected him is on her - and maybe this close call will be the thing that changes her, for the better - rather than punish her, he's given her the chance to learn. Time will tell.

Of course, none of this takes away the point you make. And we all have choices.

See what you mean now. Thanks
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16286 on: August 2, 2021, 10:06:03 am »

Well played. Though, I still think she deserves to spend a month in the Liverpool transfer thread as punishment  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16287 on: August 2, 2021, 10:24:41 am »
How's that being a bit of a twat? I'd want her sacked for that if it was me. In this case, she has basically called him a sexual predator, that kind of shit can cause massive issues in this day and age, especially with trial by social media, ffs people have been attacked for being paediatricians as the gen public are too thick to understand what that is. People need to know that you cannot make accusations like that and just get away with an apology, these are serious things and the consequences of spreading lies like this need to be massive.

There's no chance she'd have been sacked in the Civil Service mate. At least not in NI anyway.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16288 on: August 2, 2021, 10:58:23 am »
See what you mean now. Thanks
I've been in a similar position, many years ago, pre-RAWK - I chose the twattish route - it created more problems than it solved :(

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #16289 on: August 2, 2021, 11:22:24 am »

Cheers pal ;)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16290 on: August 2, 2021, 12:23:23 pm »
Well played. Though, I still think she deserves to spend a month in the Liverpool transfer thread as punishment  ;D
Wait, is posting and reading in that thread optional?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16291 on: August 2, 2021, 12:24:31 pm »
There's no chance she'd have been sacked in the Civil Service mate. At least not in NI anyway.

What do you have to do to get sacked from the civil service, kill someone?

Where I work you'd be out on your ear for shit like that.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16292 on: August 2, 2021, 12:29:40 pm »

Where I work you'd be out on your ear for shit like that.

You'd probably get a written warning...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16293 on: August 2, 2021, 01:07:33 pm »

Pretty much  :D

Had a post typed out with things I'm aware of that happened in the past but I'm sure there is some social media policy that would get me in bother if it was found, and given I'm on a work computer I'm not taking the risk. Wouldn't get sacked for it though  :D

Actually can't think of a single instance off the top of my head where a permanent member of staff has been sacked from our place and I've worked here since 2009.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #16294 on: August 2, 2021, 01:58:53 pm »
Pretty much  :D

Had a post typed out with things I'm aware of that happened in the past but I'm sure there is some social media policy that would get me in bother if it was found, and given I'm on a work computer I'm not taking the risk. Wouldn't get sacked for it though  :D

Actually can't think of a single instance off the top of my head where a permanent member of staff has been sacked from our place and I've worked here since 2009.

Same Barney, I've spent most of my working life in the civil service and I tend to find the sackings I've heard of have been consistently sickness related.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16295 on: August 2, 2021, 02:01:08 pm »

Your solution is simple. Take the stairs

(glad it's all sorted, and you come out of it well :thumbup )
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #16296 on: August 2, 2021, 04:52:56 pm »
Definitely better than the clown shoes option previously suggested.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16297 on: August 2, 2021, 05:00:32 pm »
Definitely better than the clown shoes option previously suggested.

There was a time when wearing her sisters skin would have been the choice on here.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16298 on: August 2, 2021, 05:09:42 pm »
There was a time when wearing her sisters skin would have been the choice on here.
Eeeeh by eck them were the days, eh? ;D

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #16299 on: August 2, 2021, 06:33:31 pm »
Thanks both. I've got all my files now backed up onto an external storage but it's more my programs I'm wary about, especially Chrome which holds some vital information. Last PC I sold I logged out of it but it still remembered my login details and all my bookmarks and passwords which I wasn't expecting.
Your programs will need to be reinstalled once you have installed the OS on the new SSD i.e. you can't just copy them over.

Not sure what you are looking to keep in Chrome, but when you reinstall and log in (either to the browser or gmail) all of the personal stuff (mail, cloud-based docs etc.) should be there. Bookmarks/favourites might be stored locally so you would need to use the export option in Chrome to save them as an html file somewhere on your external hard drive and import them when you have installed Chrome on the new SSD.

If you have things like templates and settings that you want to preserve from other programs, most will give you the option to export to a separate file from where they can be imported.

If you dont want Chrome to 'remember' you on a given computer you need to sign out and choose the 'Remove an account option' and then click on the account you want to remove. This doesn't delete your account or any of your stuff, it just forgets the login details in that browser. You might also want to check that you have turned off the option to let it remember passwords. If you use Chrome in 'incognito mode' it will remember the account name but not your password.

If you a flogging a PC in future and leaving the hard drive in, it is probably prudent to do a secure erase - W10 Recovery has an option to reinstall the OS with a secure erase option which will delete/overwrite all your personal data.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16300 on: August 2, 2021, 07:43:26 pm »
If that doesn't help then this thread on WiFi extenders has been really helpful for me recently. Got one of the devices recommended and haven't had an issue in any of the bedrooms in my house since.

Thank you Welshred, I will have a little look now..

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #16301 on: August 2, 2021, 11:28:36 pm »
I want a bass guitar and i want it to be as close in tone to an upright bass as possible.  ANY BASS PLAYERS in here? 

Wow.  That was a real thread killer.  I shouldn't be asking complete strangers anyway.  I think I will buy one, I could die tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2021, 08:11:29 pm by princeoftherocks »
dios esta buena

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #16302 on: August 7, 2021, 02:59:22 pm »
Good afternoon Chuffers and Chuffettes. I hope youre doing well?

Does anyone know why on IMDB after a film title the year says 2018/1 on certain fleems

could be any year but whats the /1 all aboot

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #16303 on: August 7, 2021, 03:02:38 pm »
I want a bass guitar and i want it to be as close in tone to an upright bass as possible.  ANY BASS PLAYERS in here? 

Wow.  That was a real thread killer.  I shouldn't be asking complete strangers anyway.  I think I will buy one, I could die tomorrow.
Maybe a harp would be a better choice then.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16304 on: August 12, 2021, 04:55:46 pm »
I got my new phone through Vodafone in January this year and it's developed a yellow/green vertical line on the screen.

I know it's still under warranty but do I speak to Vodafone or Google to get it repaired/replaced.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16305 on: August 12, 2021, 05:04:32 pm »
I got my new phone through Vodafone in January this year and it's developed a yellow/green vertical line on the screen.

I know it's still under warranty but do I speak to Vodafone or Google to get it repaired/replaced.
Why would you speak to google? It'll be whoever sold you the phone; Vodaphone if you got it direct from them, or else the shop or website or company you purchased it from/got the contract from
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16306 on: August 12, 2021, 05:13:54 pm »

The retailer is legally responsible, though they often will try to shift the responsibility onto the manufacturer. Go to Vodafone (if you got it from a Vodafone shop or Vodafone website).

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16307 on: August 12, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
Why would you speak to google? It'll be whoever sold you the phone; Vodaphone if you got it direct from them, or else the shop or website or company you purchased it from/got the contract from

It's a Google phone and yes I got it directly from Vodafone.

I've checked my app but there's absolutely nothing on there that tells you what to do and apart from a stupid bot thing that doesn't understand what I'm saying there's no means of contacting anyone apart from phoning them.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16308 on: August 12, 2021, 05:18:32 pm »
The retailer is legally responsible, though they often will try to shift the responsibility onto the manufacturer. Go to Vodafone (if you got it from a Vodafone shop or Vodafone website).

Would you phone them or go to a shop?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16309 on: August 12, 2021, 05:20:29 pm »

If you bought it from a shop, I would probably take it back to the same shop but you should be able to do either.

HAving said all that, while it is Vodafones legal responsibility to sort it, it might actually be easier to cut out the middleman and go direct to Google (I have no experience dealing with either for this sort of issue).

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16310 on: August 12, 2021, 05:21:44 pm »

Unless the shop is local, I'd ring them. The website says ring 191

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16311 on: August 12, 2021, 05:26:46 pm »
If you bought it from a shop, I would probably take it back to the same shop but you should be able to do either.

HAving said all that, while it is Vodafones legal responsibility to sort it, it might actually be easier to cut out the middleman and go direct to Google (I have no experience dealing with either for this sort of issue).

I bought it online mate.

Unless the shop is local, I'd ring them. The website says ring 191

It's kind of local, it's at Bangor and I've got to go there to pick a laptop up that I've ordered so may as well call in whilst I'm there.

Looks like I can book the tech team in advance though I'm not sure what they can do.

It is a known fault but I've tried all the suggestions to sort it but nothings worked so far.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16312 on: August 12, 2021, 05:53:25 pm »
Usually warranty is honoured by the retailer via contract of sale. Because you didn't buy directly from the manufacturer, the retailer might try and make you jump through hoops.

You do however still have a right to replacement not a repair... Might be worth trying.

Thanks mate.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16313 on: August 13, 2021, 01:31:47 pm »
Week 1 of the Premier League predictions is now open. Sign up here - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=348983.0
Predictions here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345977.0
Chat here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349029.0

LFC Prediction League is open and under way https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349019.0

Skittle's Betcher Bottom Dollar League also now open for 2021/22 season.   https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349009.0

We could do with a few new entrants for the LFC prediction league if anyone is interested?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16314 on: August 15, 2021, 03:20:52 pm »
The herbal tea I drink has something called ‘oatflower’ in it. I can’t find out what it is at all, any ideas?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16315 on: August 15, 2021, 03:28:59 pm »
The herbal tea I drink has something called ‘oatflower’ in it. I can’t find out what it is at all, any ideas?
Avena sativa.

https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/natural-health-guide/benefits/avena-sativa

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16316 on: August 15, 2021, 03:32:42 pm »
Avena sativa.

https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/natural-health-guide/benefits/avena-sativa

Brilliant thanks. ‘Natures viagra’ makes me glad I don’t drink it in work.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16317 on: August 15, 2021, 03:45:03 pm »
Brilliant thanks. ‘Natures viagra’ makes me glad I don’t drink it in work.
Depends on what work you do, I guess......... ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16318 on: August 17, 2021, 10:11:02 am »
I have a Surface Pro kind of laptop for work and the keyboard has just stopped working.

Not sure if I’ve inadvertently locked it, or whether it’s just broken. Our IT are useless, can’t even phone them, so as I wait for them to respond just wondered if anyone knew how I might be able to fix it.

I have indeed turned it off and on again! And tried holding down a shirt key for 8 seconds which a google search three up but to no avail. Last day before I’m due to finish for a week, loads to do and can only type by bringing up a keyboard on screen and clicking rack key with my mouse. Nightmare.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16319 on: August 17, 2021, 10:50:55 am »
I have a Surface Pro kind of laptop for work and the keyboard has just stopped working.

Not sure if I’ve inadvertently locked it, or whether it’s just broken. Our IT are useless, can’t even phone them, so as I wait for them to respond just wondered if anyone knew how I might be able to fix it.

I have indeed turned it off and on again! And tried holding down a shirt key for 8 seconds which a google search three up but to no avail. Last day before I’m due to finish for a week, loads to do and can only type by bringing up a keyboard on screen and clicking rack key with my mouse. Nightmare.
Which Surface Pro is it Nick? The 3 has a well-known issue whereby the keyboard locks up. Holding the volume up and power button for like 10 seconds causes a Logo to flash up, the laptop will reboot and then be okay when it starts.

Also check the FN key isn't toggled.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez