Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2554362 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #31440 on: July 14, 2021, 11:28:46 am »
Someone genuinely complaining about long posts? :D

Thats one of the things that sets RAWK away from other Liverpool forums for me and makes it better. If long posts annoy you then RAWK might not be the best place for you....? We've got a lot of cracking posters on here who go to a lot of effort writing posts that others enjoy reading.

Even now I don't expect anyone to actually read anything I post. Lack of confidence can last a lifetime after such a bad start.

You might not expect it, but blimey they definitely do.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31441 on: July 14, 2021, 11:34:22 am »
The joys of forum posting, eh.
You can never please everyone. No matter what you write, many will disagree because that's how life is. Write long, and you bore much of the site. Put thought in to it and some will think you're a tit. Put no thought into it and others think you're a tit instead. Post mostly humour and many see you as shallow, but post little humour and others think you are up your own arse. Bottom line is it's best just to be yourself and let others take as they find then like it or lump it.

I'm someone guilty of writing long posts quite a lot. Self-importance is the last reason for doing so though. I grew up being told and shown that nothing I did or said had any worth at all. My words and thoughts held no value or importance. I could barely write or talk with people due to this, and it took me years before I could pluck up the courage to air my thoughts in any way on internet forums. Even now I don't expect anyone to actually read anything I post. Lack of confidence can last a lifetime after such a bad start.

Posts are just what they are. The reader doesn't have to even bother reading if they so choose. Simply scroll past.

This

;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31442 on: July 14, 2021, 11:49:36 am »
I'm a lazy bastard who rarely writes more than a few sentences so WhoMe must love me!

Sometimes I can't be bothered or don't have time to read a long post so I scroll past but often it will be followed by a load of people saying "Great Post" etc so you know to make sure to go back and read it. I appreciate the effort these posters go to, to write something that is going to be buried in the middle of a thread shortly after.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31443 on: July 14, 2021, 12:10:45 pm »
Mechanics!

Before we moved I had some work done on the car and asked my mechanic to check the brakes too as they sounded like they were scraping a bit but he said they were fine and I had no reason to doubt him but every so often I could still hear it.

The last few weeks I'd noticed a whistling, squeezing type noise occasionally so got it booked into the garage for this morning.

Turns out the calipers have seized and a bolt's broken.

FFS I've done probably 3k miles if not more with the car in that state and God knows how much it's gonna cost now rather than sorting the fucking thing when I first noticed it!!

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31444 on: July 14, 2021, 12:13:38 pm »
Mechanics!

Before we moved I had some work done on the car and asked my mechanic to check the brakes too as they sounded like they were scraping a bit but he said they were fine and I had no reason to doubt him but every so often I could still hear it.

The last few weeks I'd noticed a whistling, squeezing type noise occasionally so got it booked into the garage for this morning.

Turns out the calipers have seized and a bolt's broken.

FFS I've done probably 3k miles if not more with the car in that state and God knows how much it's gonna cost now rather than sorting the fucking thing when I first noticed it!!

Conversely, my MIL's mechanics swindling her into buying new tyres. 

The conversation went:-

'you've only got about 5000 miles left on those, probably best they are changed' 

She only does a 1000 miles in a year but is a worrier!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #31445 on: July 14, 2021, 12:17:19 pm »
People who feel the need to post long (very long) and tedious essays on here like its their own personal blog. Repetitive, ridiculous and self important, where's the humour gone ?

I grew up in Lancashire and went to Primary school, high school and university before moving to Liverpool. In 2006 I went travelling in Australia, I watched a ODI in Melbourne cricket ground with a bunch of aussie chaps I had met the previous day. A full day of singing, drinking and cheering for the gold. I went to Sydney and took a photo of the Opera house and walked across the Harbour bridge. I met a beautiful girl named Hannah on the Gold coast and we surfed together before spending the night on the beach sharing stories of our past. From there I had the finest shrimp while singing songs round the campfire.

My adventure didn't stop there, I also went on to New Zealand and saw the might all blacks live, beating the South Africans with a late try by Richie McCaw. An honour to this day to watch such passion as the Haka, a dance of the Maori natives to show respect and a challenge to the opposition. A day trip to Hobbiton on the north island gave me a real life experience of the wonders of the Lord of the Rings, and made me feel a giant. The blue skies over head made the trip a real life experience and something I'll never forget.

Coming back to England was a real hard one to take, and it took my a long time to adjust back into my normal routine again. I didn't want to go out and see the reality of the working world after so much fun down under (a phrase often used while I was down under). I suffered with my own mind and stopped talking to friends and family while I tried to work out a way to escape what reality I was walking into. Alas I eventually got myself a job, married a wonderful lady and had 7 children and I'm settled within myself again.

On returning I joined this wonderous community and have since made many posts, most short and snappy and not very witty, but I try. I often look around and see all kinds of people posting, but I have to agree that the long boring posts that often contain a lot of filler don't appeal to me. How can someone sit there for ages just typing shit that won't matter to anybody? I think many people forget that we are all here to see opinions, and opinions are best shared in short form, such as twitter where short form opinions are valued and never controversial. RAWK needs less of the long boring posts about the insight of Jurgen Klopps mind, or Pep Lijnders fantastic career path that has led him to be a vital part of our back room staff, and more people like Rob who just complains about driving issues all the time, or Andy who fucking hates shorts.

I agree with you.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31446 on: July 14, 2021, 12:26:08 pm »

I grew up in Lancashire and went to Primary school, high school and university before moving to Liverpool. In 2006 I went travelling in Australia, I watched a ODI in Melbourne cricket ground with a bunch of aussie chaps I had met the previous day. A full day of singing, drinking and cheering for the gold. I went to Sydney and took a photo of the Opera house and walked across the Harbour bridge. I met a beautiful girl named Hannah on the Gold coast and we surfed together before spending the night on the beach sharing stories of our past. From there I had the finest shrimp while singing songs round the campfire.

My adventure didn't stop there, I also went on to New Zealand and saw the might all blacks live, beating the South Africans with a late try by Richie McCaw. An honour to this day to watch such passion as the Haka, a dance of the Maori natives to show respect and a challenge to the opposition. A day trip to Hobbiton on the north island gave me a real life experience of the wonders of the Lord of the Rings, and made me feel a giant. The blue skies over head made the trip a real life experience and something I'll never forget.

Coming back to England was a real hard one to take, and it took my a long time to adjust back into my normal routine again. I didn't want to go out and see the reality of the working world after so much fun down under (a phrase often used while I was down under). I suffered with my own mind and stopped talking to friends and family while I tried to work out a way to escape what reality I was walking into. Alas I eventually got myself a job, married a wonderful lady and had 7 children and I'm settled within myself again.

On returning I joined this wonderous community and have since made many posts, most short and snappy and not very witty, but I try. I often look around and see all kinds of people posting, but I have to agree that the long boring posts that often contain a lot of filler don't appeal to me. How can someone sit there for ages just typing shit that won't matter to anybody? I think many people forget that we are all here to see opinions, and opinions are best shared in short form, such as twitter where short form opinions are valued and never controversial. RAWK needs less of the long boring posts about the insight of Jurgen Klopps mind, or Pep Lijnders fantastic career path that has led him to be a vital part of our back room staff, and more people like Rob who just complains about driving issues all the time, or Andy who fucking hates shorts.

I agree with you.

Great post :)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31447 on: July 14, 2021, 01:17:40 pm »

I agree with you.

;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #31448 on: July 14, 2021, 04:05:41 pm »
blue bottles

fuck off you annoying buzzy c*nts

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31449 on: July 14, 2021, 04:06:14 pm »
blue bottles

Clean that shit up then.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #31450 on: July 14, 2021, 07:58:05 pm »
blue bottles

Why are your blue bottles buzzing?
Are the red ones doing the same?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31451 on: July 14, 2021, 08:08:51 pm »
Online recipes that insist on writing a thesis about the dish before getting to the ingredients and instructions.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #31452 on: July 14, 2021, 08:36:47 pm »
Online recipes that insist on writing a thesis about the dish before getting to the ingredients and instructions.

Especially those written from a first-person perspective, "I did this, then this happened. So I, I, I, I..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31453 on: July 14, 2021, 08:44:36 pm »

And then give the measurements in "cups"  ::)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31454 on: July 14, 2021, 08:46:15 pm »
And then give the measurements in "cups"  ::)

Also known as the "take a wild guess".  ;D

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #31455 on: July 14, 2021, 08:54:47 pm »
The emergence of generic "How To" videos on YouTube - that promise to fix complex life problems in "3 simple steps"

"How to cure depression". "How to fix your relationship". "How to be more self confident".

Usually fronted by some self-important c*nt who knows next to fuck all what he/she is talking about

It's all Tony Robbins' fault, isn't it? Another c*nt him if ever I saw one
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31456 on: July 14, 2021, 09:03:17 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/7FXjm9E
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31457 on: July 15, 2021, 11:58:29 am »
Got next week off,only taken 4 days off so far this year and the amount of shit I’ve got to try and sort before handing over and buggering off is ridiculous.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #31458 on: July 15, 2021, 12:26:06 pm »
Catching my two kids sat on the sofa spoons in hand sharing a jar of that "kids crack in a jar "called Lotus Biscoff.

That processed junk is evil and it's not even tea time yet. >:(

I'm chucking that jar the bin later.

You might as well cos the little fuckers will have emptied it.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #31459 on: July 15, 2021, 12:30:17 pm »
The emergence of generic "How To" videos on YouTube - that promise to fix complex life problems in "3 simple steps"

"How to cure depression". "How to fix your relationship". "How to be more self confident".

Usually fronted by some self-important c*nt who knows next to fuck all what he/she is talking about

It's all Tony Robbins' fault, isn't it? Another c*nt him if ever I saw one

I do rely on the practical ones though, like 'how to replace the rubber washer on a Flomaster toilet flush system'

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31460 on: July 15, 2021, 12:39:47 pm »
I do rely on the practical ones though, like 'how to replace the rubber washer on a Flomaster toilet flush system'

The e-spares company ones are good, helped me replace elements in the grill and oven, do some work on a Dyson and will now be used to change the drive on a G-Tech Ram.

Next thing to do after that is build a 12v bench power supply from a Desktop PSU - one to do with my lad.

Need to find a "how not to be an angry c*nt all the time" one for me now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31461 on: July 15, 2021, 12:46:17 pm »
Our next door neighbours' obsession with money and what other people have got.

It wears me out.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31462 on: July 15, 2021, 01:48:22 pm »
Our next door neighbours' obsession with money and what other people have got.

It wears me out.
Just tell him you have 3m in your retirement account and just walk away 😉

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31463 on: July 15, 2021, 01:59:06 pm »
As a follow up to my mechanics complaint I've just been to pick it up and been told it would have been £100 less last year but the cost of parts has gone up that much since brexit 😡

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31464 on: July 15, 2021, 02:26:43 pm »
As a follow up to my mechanics complaint I've just been to pick it up and been told it would have been £100 less last year but the cost of parts has gone up that much since brexit 😡

Is it brexit? If the parts are made in the Far East then it has nothing to do with Brexit. Container shipping prices have gone up 5-600%. Companies are paying a premium for containers. This is passed onto the consumer to recover costs.

If not made in the Far East etc then ignore me  ;D

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31465 on: July 15, 2021, 02:31:16 pm »
Is it brexit? If the parts are made in the Far East then it has nothing to do with Brexit. Container shipping prices have gone up 5-600%. Companies are paying a premium for containers. This is passed onto the consumer to recover costs.

If not made in the Far East etc then ignore me  ;D

I'm almost sure qashqui's are made at Sunderland but not sure where the parts come from.

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31466 on: July 15, 2021, 02:48:43 pm »
Just tell him you have 3m in your retirement account and just walk away 😉

Their heads would explode,the daft twats are already losing sleep over our garden being bigger than theirs.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31467 on: July 15, 2021, 02:59:03 pm »
I'm almost sure qashqui's are made at Sunderland but not sure where the parts come from.

Shipping prices are off the charts. Read a great article about it. Many factors including demand has gone mental, the shipping canal incident. China are paying for containers to come back empty for all over the world due to demand for goods from China

Companies used to also fill cargo holds on big passenger planes for small electronics and now flights are down.

This is the mental part.
Raw materials are shipped to China. They assemble and ship goods back as it is cheaper for companies to pay $2 a day rather than pay workers a decent wage. Globalisation and greed hey 😞

Now shipping has gone through the roof, looks like many big companies are starting to build manufacturing plants in the us and north/Central America to mitigate this. But it will be years before they ramp up production

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #31468 on: July 15, 2021, 10:39:50 pm »

I used YouTube to "remind" myself how to fix a punctured bike inner tube. A great public service.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #31469 on: July 16, 2021, 03:45:04 pm »
Forget Line of Duty - the amount of people I see spelling it 'defiantly.'

It's a different word.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31470 on: July 16, 2021, 07:38:28 pm »
Their heads would explode,the daft twats are already losing sleep over our garden being bigger than theirs.
Oh I would absolutely love that. I'd decorate the garden with fancy shit and put nice solar lights on the front of the house to rub it in. Hate materialistic people like that, my father in law is exactly the same. Doesn't give a shit about his wife or kids but will work like a dog just to make an extra few quid in his business

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31471 on: July 16, 2021, 09:37:47 pm »
I used YouTube to "remind" myself how to fix a punctured bike inner tube. A great public service.
I have learned loads of cycle related stuff from youtube video's, for example I have schwalbe marathon plus tyres on my bike and they are awesome tyres, I've had them on 3 years and done over 20,000 miles and not had a single puncture. These tyres are notoriously hard to put on and take off the wheels as any keen cyclist will tell you. I can now, after watching a youtube video on it get one off the wheel in 10 seconds or less without using any tyre levers.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31472 on: July 16, 2021, 10:26:38 pm »
Got next week off,only taken 4 days off so far this year and the amount of shit I’ve got to try and sort before handing over and buggering off is ridiculous.

Trying to find someone to spend seven hours a day posting on RAWK can't be that hard surely? ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31473 on: July 16, 2021, 10:37:53 pm »
Trying to find someone to spend seven hours a day posting on RAWK can't be that hard surely? ;D

It’s a busman’s holiday. :D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31474 on: July 16, 2021, 11:11:05 pm »
I have schwalbe marathon plus tyres on my bike and they are awesome tyres

I have the same tyres on my bike. You have excellent taste in rubber sir.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31475 on: July 17, 2021, 06:09:40 am »
Managed to wrench or twist something in my foot again Thursday night, probably jammed it at a funny angle when I was sitting at my computer desk. It's been absolute agony for two days and I can barely walk on it.

Mulling a trip to the hospital, if only for some reassurance it's not about to fall off. 😅
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31476 on: July 17, 2021, 06:27:29 am »
The compilations button being ticked on itunes. Bastards.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31477 on: July 18, 2021, 11:38:31 am »
Neighbours blasting their shite music whenever the sun is out.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31478 on: July 18, 2021, 11:48:15 am »
Neighbours blasting their shite music whenever the sun is out.

Been there mate but now it's our turn to have our music as loud as we want as we have no neighbours 😂

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31479 on: July 18, 2021, 08:39:45 pm »
Chopper.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422