Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426206 times)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32520 on: August 15, 2019, 09:21:44 pm »
Is this the same Neville who said we should bin off the Champions League a year ago?

As with most things he says, it isn’t total bollocks and you can see some of what he’s trying to say. United will probably eventually stumble across a successful formula, but to say that will happen before we win the league is a bit of a bizarre thing to even be thinking about considering the current disparity between the two clubs. When we were out of Europe was anyone amongst us wondering if we’d win our next European Cup before United won theirs? Or did you just want to be back competing again? It smacks of a desperation to pull themselves into our territory which they’re just not in at the moment, and it’s likely to only be a few weeks until that’s visible in the league table. Of course they may win their next league title before we do, it’s not a totally ridiculous comment seeing as we’ve not won one since 1990 and they’ve won shitloads, but it’s a bizarre thing to focus on, out of all the things they could currently be focusing on, considering they’re currently the 6th best team in the league and are out of the CL.

Even Neville himself said at the back end of last season that it would take United 3-4 years to compete again, although admittedly that was  before they announced themselves as ‘BACK’ after the Chelsea game. There’s every chance Liverpool win the title before United, even if Salah does leave we’ve got plenty of other world class players.

The other caveat for anything he says is a huge part of it is to start ‘debate’ and I use the phrase loosely. If I was a united fan I’d be more concerned with getting back into the CL rather than worrying about whether they win their next league title before we do. I’ll give it 2 months until the rest of their fan base is thinking the same. United never were as shit as the tail end of last season made them out to be, which is why I had some hope that they’d get something against City. They’ve always been capable of the kind of result they got on Sunday. The issue they’ll have is when things start going against them and the usual faces react the usual way to it happening, and Maguire and Wan Bissakka won’t be stopping it.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:55:06 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32521 on: August 15, 2019, 11:14:10 pm »
Also one thing Neville doesn’t mention is liverpool is a far more attractive club to top players who want to win than united

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32522 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:40 pm »
His tune will change by Christmas. They have a muppet in charge who has no clue of how he wants to play and went out and bought players that might not fit whatever system he stumbles across that might win him a few on the bounce. Wolves should give them a good go this weekend.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32523 on: August 16, 2019, 01:50:19 am »
Gary Neville eats shit and drinks pee, pass it on

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32524 on: August 16, 2019, 01:52:20 am »
They beat Parma to win a Cup Winners Cup in 94. Might have then win the Super Cup (although doubt it if up against that great Milan side). They maybe win an early UEFA/Fairs Cup too.

Lost the super cup to Milan  2-0 on aggregate. 2-0 away and 0-0 at home. It was played over 2 legs then, like the UEFA cup final.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #32525 on: August 16, 2019, 07:09:26 am »
To who Phil Neville

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32526 on: August 16, 2019, 08:29:14 am »

Gary Neville shags his........
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32527 on: August 16, 2019, 08:46:57 am »
The Maguire is their saviour narrative is really getting pushed out now.

Talk of how he is a leader in the dressing room already, how all the players are already looking up to him & have been really impressed by him etc.

All this after 1 competitive match, where they were lucky to keep a clean sheet.

Hope Wolves stuff them at the weekend.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32528 on: August 16, 2019, 08:53:41 am »
The saviour.. after one game..

Marvellous isn’t it..

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #32529 on: August 16, 2019, 08:56:07 am »

Marvellous isn’t it..

;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32530 on: August 16, 2019, 11:07:04 am »

Talk of how he is a leader in the dressing room already, how all the players are already looking up to him & have been really impressed by him etc.

All this after 1 competitive match, where they were lucky to keep a clean sheet.

You'll have seen this at Arsenal, there are players that, the first time you see them play for your team, you see what all the hype was about. Saw it with Torres, Mascherano, Virgil and Allisson, you just watch them and go wow, we've got a player here. Admittedly, I only watched the game on telly, so you don't get the same impression as you do in the ground, but I saw nothing special at all from Maguire. He looked slow to turn, was wandering out like a fat 40yr old and didn't get a grip of the defence as Chelsea waltzed through them. If Pulisic had started, the result would have been different I'm convinced.

Its hysterical, they have to big him up because he cost more than the arguably best defender in the world, but they MUST know Utd got rinsed.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32531 on: August 16, 2019, 11:10:26 am »

So he's the chosen one then?

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #32532 on: August 16, 2019, 12:18:30 pm »
Looks a bit small time this. We seem to have decided which trophies matter and which don't (eg World Club Cup and the Charity Shield).

Also, what comes under "Euro Other"? There are no UEFA Cups on there, or CWC, and both are arguably more significant than the Super Cup.

Add our three UEFA Cups in there to bump up our total to 46, and our 15 charity shields to take it to 61.
I don't know what their total of 2 for Euro Other is given that they have one Super Cup, one UEFA Cup and one CWC. Add their two CWC titles in any event, their total up to 45. Then add their 21 Community Shields and it's 66.

So yeah. All a bit weird.

We're the most successful club in England if you don't count Community Shields  ;D

As far as I’m aware, the Community shield is not designated as a competitive fixture by the FA.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32533 on: August 16, 2019, 12:18:59 pm »
They should be careful, he might get big headed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #32534 on: August 16, 2019, 12:38:34 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32535 on: August 16, 2019, 12:42:00 pm »
As far as I’m aware, the Community shield is not designated as a competitive fixture by the FA.

I think it is - it is listed under their Competitions, their rules state full strength teams have to be fielded and their website does talk about it like it is meaningful.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #32536 on: August 16, 2019, 01:07:21 pm »
I think it is - it is listed under their Competitions, their rules state full strength teams have to be fielded and their website does talk about it like it is meaningful.

that's a bit mad innit? What they going to do if a club decides to play a majority of U23 and squad players, call the game off?

But they also allow 6 subs I think.  Which also makes it appear more of a friendly than they want it to be I guess!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #32537 on: August 16, 2019, 01:35:11 pm »
The Charity Shield is even more worthless than the Milk Cup

Proof: fans can remember how many Milk Cups we've won but not the other

Still would have loved to beat City in it the other week though.
Plus it would be nice if we could win everything we're in this season.
High standards like :D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #32538 on: August 16, 2019, 01:38:16 pm »

Marvellous isn’t it..

;D

Wait until the 'Better than VVD' calls.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32539 on: August 16, 2019, 01:42:44 pm »

Already happened
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32540 on: August 16, 2019, 01:43:16 pm »
The Charity Shield is even more worthless than the Milk Cup

Proof: fans can remember how many Milk Cups we've won but not the other

Still would have loved to beat City in it the other week though.
Plus it would be nice if we could win everything we're in this season.
High standards like :D

Behave, its the greatest trophy in domestic football

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32541 on: August 16, 2019, 02:03:26 pm »

I've already seen the following on Twitter:

De Gea > Alisson
AWB > TAA
Maguire > VVD
Rashford > Firmino
Greenwood > Brewster (this one is just utterly pointless).

Another cameo from Daniel James that ends in a goal will probably see him be named as better than Salah at this rate. They're warping into Everton more and more, it reminds me of the "Merseyside XI's" those lot like to put together.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32542 on: August 16, 2019, 02:17:05 pm »
This is all good.

When it goes wrong it will be even better
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #32543 on: August 16, 2019, 04:20:28 pm »
I mean, well, when you think about it... is this what it was like for United fans when they were good, and Liverpool fans were saying "just one more piece of the jigsaw"?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32544 on: August 16, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »
Fred was missing as he thought he was going to the Copa so he scheduled his wedding for pre-season???  After the season he just had?? 

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32545 on: August 16, 2019, 08:45:06 pm »
Behave, its the greatest trophy in domestic football

;D

A glorified silver-plated STOP sign is awarded only to the bestest!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline wenlock

• Main Stander
« Reply #32546 on: August 16, 2019, 11:51:11 pm »
The charity shield is a friendly and always will be for me. It's played pre-season like friendlies and I am pretty sure it had more subs allowed then the league did in many years.

You can also be a winner for not winning it as it used to be shared if the game was drawn.

You also didn't/don't have to win anything to qualify for it if some team wins the double as the 2nd best of something go in to it to fill the void.

....It's like winning without winning, wow confusing, which thread am I on again?  :P
"I'm surprised they don't charge me rent and rates."
Bob Paisley after his 11th visit to Wembley

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32547 on: August 17, 2019, 09:12:03 am »
The charity shield is a friendly and always will be for me. It's played pre-season like friendlies and I am pretty sure it had more subs allowed then the league did in many years.

You can also be a winner for not winning it as it used to be shared if the game was drawn.

You also didn't/don't have to win anything to qualify for it if some team wins the double as the 2nd best of something go in to it to fill the void.

....It's like winning without winning, wow confusing, which thread am I on again?  :P

I'll admit I always saw it as something more and I think the players did and still do. Doing the double used to be a rare thing, I was born in 1966, Arsenal were the only club to do it in my life until we did it in 1986, so it was never the second best team playing when I was growing up.The FA Cup was also extremely prestigious, so having the winners of the League kick off the season against the FA Cup winners was, as far as I was concerned, a big deal.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32548 on: August 17, 2019, 09:42:54 am »
I was reading that they are preparing for another IPO, this time on the Singapore stock market..

The Glazers draining their cash machine once again...

United fans?  You wonder why you haven’t signed Neymar?  It’s because the cuddly Glazers are spending your cash. Love it.
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32549 on: August 17, 2019, 12:15:59 pm »

These are getting more embarrassing than the ev, trying to blag 14% of the world support united

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #32550 on: August 17, 2019, 12:31:38 pm »
1/5th of all the people in China support United as well
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32551 on: August 17, 2019, 12:37:48 pm »
I assume this looks at all forms of social media, and ignores duplicates where the same person follows them on Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32552 on: August 17, 2019, 12:42:49 pm »
Bless them with their huge followings, though couldn't sell out the stadium in Perth and had about 20% of the crowd v us in America.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32553 on: August 17, 2019, 01:34:47 pm »
I know he has a massive head but is Maguire actually good in headers both defensively and attacking wise?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32554 on: August 17, 2019, 02:07:10 pm »

These are getting more embarrassing than the ev, trying to blag 14% of the world support united
What a load of nonsense. I could see them gaining popularity if they were winning trophies left and right, but according to their ridiculous propaganda they have almost doubled their fan base during their worst period in decades? Fat chance.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32555 on: August 17, 2019, 02:14:10 pm »
I know he has a massive head but is Maguire actually good in headers both defensively and attacking wise?

He’s scored 7 goals in 102 PL games and 3 of them were headers.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32556 on: August 17, 2019, 06:02:11 pm »
What a load of nonsense. I could see them gaining popularity if they were winning trophies left and right, but according to their ridiculous propaganda they have almost doubled their fan base during their worst period in decades? Fat chance.

It's ridiculous. My experience is that they are actually losing support. They picked up a hell of a lot of glory hunters and casual 'fans' in the Ferguson era, but a lot of them have melted away. I also know and have heard of longtime United fans who have become disillusioned, lost interest and drifted away from them altogether since their decline and the rise of Abu Dhabi PRFC as well as their arch rivals from Liverpool under Mr. Klopp. They have, and always will have, a solid hardcore, but they picked up millions of fickle types in their glory days who are either 'supporting' someone else now, or have, conveniently, lost interest in football all together.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #32557 on: August 17, 2019, 06:03:59 pm »
This needs renaming to Manchester City Support Group
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32558 on: August 17, 2019, 06:08:03 pm »
This needs renaming to Manchester City Support Group
They pretend to be a proud club and fanbase, but they will bend over backwards for a vile regime from Abu Dhabi who bought the name of their neighbours for PR purposes and beg them for assistance in stopping the Mighty Liverpool simply because they cannot do it themselves. Ferguson has gone, and so has his empire. It's back to the United we all knew and loved in the 70s and 80s. Desperate and needy, hoping and praying other clubs can help them out because Liverpool FC terrify the living daylights out of them.  :wave :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
[emoji23]