539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1446661 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"
« Reply #32920 on: October 31, 2019, 01:21:51 pm »
I think it's absolutely ''right'', when the events I want to influence could directly impact my ability to live and work in my current country of residence.

True. But this does not really apply to Banquo's situation.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32921 on: October 31, 2019, 01:28:47 pm »
Technically it won't be a Winter Election as Winter doesn't start until 21st December.

Maybe it's time online voting was made available so "turnout" becomes less of an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not really. There are two generally accepted versions of the seasons:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/seasons/summer/when-does-summer-start

American's almost exclusively use the astronomical calendar (I always found it bit weird when I lived there). Brits almost always utilise the meteorological calendar. Certainly, I've never thought of (all of) December as anything but winter.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #32922 on: October 31, 2019, 01:45:09 pm »
Not really. There are two generally accepted versions of the seasons:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/seasons/summer/when-does-summer-start

American's almost exclusively use the astronomical calendar (I always found it bit weird when I lived there). Brits almost always utilise the meteorological calendar. Certainly, I've never thought of (all of) December as anything but winter.

Are we going to have voting booths in America?  ;D

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32923 on: October 31, 2019, 01:53:34 pm »
Are we going to have voting booths in America?  ;D

I just mention the US because until I lived there, I never witnessed anyone base the start and ends of the seasons based upon the dates of solstices and equinoxes. (Excluding my US wife) Nor since, until reddebs mentioned it. It just seems a weird way to define the seasons.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32924 on: October 31, 2019, 02:05:00 pm »
You do realise that has just listed the number of times Corbyn has failed right? Not succeeded or won but failed. Hes a failure and a danger, under him a vote for Labour is a vote for Brexit

Funny. ::) I did not even bother reading that list when Trada posted it. Because - you know - Trada.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32925 on: October 31, 2019, 02:34:28 pm »
 :)

Monster Crash with Jacob Rees-Mogg and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1189853837273817089
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32926 on: October 31, 2019, 02:34:48 pm »
Important not to infer likely voting in 2019 too directly from the 2017 result.

The Lib Dems are polling 2-3 times higher now than they were then. Many seats will return to form as Tory-Lib Dem battles. Look at that constituency poll in north east Somerset as an example.
You might want to check the small print on that

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #32927 on: October 31, 2019, 02:39:23 pm »
You might want to check the small print on that

;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #32928 on: October 31, 2019, 02:41:15 pm »
Mad how it's the 31st October 2019, we're not leaving the EU and there aren't riots on the streets, angry backlashes and a need for increased police presence on the streets??

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #32929 on: October 31, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »
Mad how it's the 31st October 2019, we're not leaving the EU and there aren't riots on the streets, angry backlashes and a need for increased police presence on the streets??

Does the country explode at 11:59pm? And is it outside Mark Francois' house?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32930 on: October 31, 2019, 03:57:46 pm »

Fuck, I was hoping to see a car upside down in a ditch and a mortuary van.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32931 on: October 31, 2019, 04:14:06 pm »
I'm with you in spirit, but it's hard to look beyond the brexit stuff. It's not just one issue amongst others, it is the issue.
Two points: firstly, though Corbyn is the party leader and gets more TV time than the rest, he does not set party policy alone. Any scenario which leads to a Labour led/influenced government and a possible second referendum would be led by party policy, not Corbyn. He's lost plenty of internal party disagreements in the last couple of years.

Secondly - and this applies to antisemitism concerns too, I think - Jeremy Corbyn does not get into No 10 anyway. While the Labour membership may elect him repeatedly, the PM is a result of who can command a majority of MPs. Lib Dems won't stomach Corbyn as PM - and if it comes down to it, half his own MPs won't either.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32932 on: October 31, 2019, 04:22:54 pm »
Two points: firstly, though Corbyn is the party leader and gets more TV time than the rest, he does not set party policy alone. Any scenario which leads to a Labour led/influenced government and a possible second referendum would be led by party policy, not Corbyn. He's lost plenty of internal party disagreements in the last couple of years.

Secondly - and this applies to antisemitism concerns too, I think - Jeremy Corbyn does not get into No 10 anyway. While the Labour membership may elect him repeatedly, the PM is a result of who can command a majority of MPs. Lib Dems won't stomach Corbyn as PM - and if it comes down to it, half his own MPs won't either.
Seamus Milne sets party policy.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32933 on: October 31, 2019, 04:28:40 pm »
Seamus Milne sets party policy.

No he doesn't Tepid. He may set the leader's PR. But they both get knocked back on policy fairly regularly. If they did, there would be no commitment to a referendum on a Labour deal - both in policy, and in what Corbyn says when asked on that policy. It's a convoluted mess of a position to articulate to the electorate versus 'Get Brexit Done' or 'Revoke'. But it's a relatively honest one, given where the party is (and the mistakes that got them there).

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #32934 on: October 31, 2019, 04:46:13 pm »

This is an important point. We've had years of Corbyn this, Corbyn that. Corbyn is useless, Corbyn is incompetent. Corbyn is evil, Corbyn is dangerous. People quitting Labour in fear of the danger posed by Corbyn becoming PM. Lib Dems saying rather a no deal Brexit than Corbyn as PM.

But Corbyn is not PM. He never has been and never will be.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is PM. Perhaps it's time to stop barking up the wrong tree.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32935 on: October 31, 2019, 04:48:35 pm »
No he doesn't Tepid. He may set the leader's PR. But they both get knocked back on policy fairly regularly. If they did, there would be no commitment to a referendum on a Labour deal - both in policy, and in what Corbyn says when asked on that policy. It's a convoluted mess of a position to articulate to the electorate versus 'Get Brexit Done' or 'Revoke'. But it's a relatively honest one, given where the party is (and the mistakes that got them there).

It was a slightly throw away comment..,

However, he does have significant control.

With Milne and Cummings it’s like an ideological ‘who’s the biggest most uncaring c*nt’ competition.

The country would be far better off if both took up ditch diving
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32936 on: October 31, 2019, 04:52:09 pm »
This is an important point. We've had years of Corbyn this, Corbyn that. Corbyn is useless, Corbyn is incompetent. Corbyn is evil, Corbyn is dangerous. People quitting Labour in fear of the danger posed by Corbyn becoming PM. Lib Dems saying rather a no deal Brexit than Corbyn as PM.

But Corbyn is not PM. He never has been and never will be.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is PM. Perhaps it's time to stop barking up the wrong tree.

Is there not a correlation here?

Johnson is only PM because of the complete shitness of Corbyn.  That IS the tree.

Labour has to have a palatable leader next. It cannot just rely on people voting for them just because they’re not the Tories.

This will be four elections in a row that labour has lost.

Maybe there’s something to learn from that?
W

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #32937 on: October 31, 2019, 05:08:51 pm »
Why would you get a deal and then vote against it?

Would be genuinely absurd

It would. Dominic Raab levels of absurd.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #32938 on: October 31, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »
It was a slightly throw away comment..,

However, he does have significant control.

With Milne and Cummings it’s like an ideological ‘who’s the biggest most uncaring c*nt’ competition.

The country would be far better off if both took up ditch diving
And now we are in the situation, in both cases, where the arsehole has been wagging the dog for sufficient time to ensure that the status quo ante will never return. There are still some tectonic plates yet to fall into place but the old days are gone forever.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #32939 on: October 31, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »
Is there not a correlation here?

Johnson is only PM because of the complete shitness of Corbyn.  That IS the tree.

Labour has to have a palatable leader next.

I agree, but they're not about to change their leader in the next six weeks, so it's still the wrong tree to be barking up in the weeks leading up to a general election.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32940 on: October 31, 2019, 06:18:36 pm »
I don't think we should over egg the campaign ran by Corbyn.  Teresa May ran perhaps the worst campaign I can ever remember (arguably even worse than Gordon Brown) and yet still picked up 55 more seats than Corbyn.  I appreciate the popular vote was much closer than that but if he couldn't topple "weak and wobbly" May then he's hardly a master campaigner.

Having said all that, nothing would please me more than a repeat performance of Labour over-achieving.  Anything but a Tory majority.
This.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32941 on: October 31, 2019, 06:22:25 pm »
The fact that trump has waded in via Frottage to attempt to give corbyn a kicking will probably be lapped up by the lunatic fringe on the far right.  On the other hand hopefully it scares any ditherers away from the tories.

Trump would be better served focusing on his impeachment process instead of butting into the election affairs of a foreign country.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32942 on: October 31, 2019, 06:28:16 pm »
 Falange must have done deal with Johnson. Bit of dirty work here and there for a safe seat maybe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #32943 on: October 31, 2019, 07:42:01 pm »
Corbyns just given a election speech. talked about Labours Brexit stance.
Sky political commentator was asked his opinion on his speech. Corbyns saying he will get a deal in 6 months and put it to the people with the option to remain, he thinks Corbyn will support the Labour deal to leave the EU. :duh

He’s attacking the Lib Dems for campaigning to revoke saying it’s undemocratic. Anyone dumb enough to believe that Corbyn won’t campaign for Brexit/Lexit if Labour wins needs a kick up the bracket.

If you don’t want the Tories to be able to sell off the NHS in a trade deal then STAY IN THE FUCKING EU.

Labour Brexit is Brexit.

By equivocating on Brexit Corbyn has managed to turn away Labour Leavers and more significantly Labour Remainers who voted Labour in 2017 but will vote Lib Dem or Green this time round.

As for the other arguments on here.

Corbyn’s Labour Party has a problem with structural anti-semitism. If you defend it you’re part of the problem.

Corbyn is massively disliked/distrusted by voters. If the Labour Party insists on voting for a useless prick as Leader it’s no good saying the country has to vote for him to keep the Tories out. And replacing him with even more useless politicians like Long-Bailey or Pidcock isn’t going to make them more electable.

Corbyn’s Labour has taken the piss with my vote. I want change. I’d prefer a competent Labour Party but that seems to be a vain hope now. I think we could be fucked for decades.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32944 on: October 31, 2019, 07:54:43 pm »

:lmao

Cheers for posting that mate. Really cheered me up :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32945 on: October 31, 2019, 08:07:22 pm »
I agree, but they're not about to change their leader in the next six weeks, so it's still the wrong tree to be barking up in the weeks leading up to a general election.

And when is the right time?

Many of us said Corbyn would be a disaster when he was elected leader.

‘Get behind him - the enemy is the Tory Party’

He fucks up the referendum campaign...

‘Get behind him, he’s only representing what many people think...  the enemy is the Tory Party...’

He loses the 2017 General Election against the Maybot.

‘Get behind him, look how far behind he was... they said he’d be wiped out so it’s really a victory... the enemy is the Tory Party. Keep the faith’

He refuses to campaign for Remain despite all the evidence of corruption, lies and the damage Brexit will do and keeps talking about some bullshit ‘Brexit for jobs...’

‘Get behind him, he’s just waiting for the Tories to melt down. They’ll self destruct and he’ll step in. The real enemy is the Tory Party and you don’t do anything when your enemy is self destructing...’

He comes up with a ridiculous plan to win an election, renegotiate a deal in six months (the EU extension is Jan 31st) then have a referendum between the new deal and Remain. But they won’t talk about Brexit during the election or say which side Labour would campaign for...

‘Get behind him, this election (which is clearly being fought over Brexit) won’t be about Brexit. What about renationalising the Post Office? The Tory Party is the real enemy...’

If Corbyn’s Labour wins or even loses by a small enough margin he’ll stick around like shit on a blanket. If he goes we’ll have more of the same.

There’s no good time for this. Labour needs a clear out or another party needs to take up the reins of progressive politics.

The Tory Party is the real enemy. And it is inexcusable that the Labour Party has utterly failed at a time when the Tories should have been in meltdown, and had been complicit in the greatest political crisis in the UK since the Second World War.

I find it incredible that for the second time in my life, the Labour Party’s left has vacated the heart of British politics and given right wing Tories the centre stage.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:09:07 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32946 on: October 31, 2019, 08:14:39 pm »
:lmao

Cheers for posting that mate. Really cheered me up :)
:thumbup
JRM as Dracula being repelled by a EU flag :)
Johnson as Frankenstein, Cummings as Dracula, brilliant. :lmao
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32947 on: October 31, 2019, 08:44:28 pm »
It's the best option that we have because it's the only system we have.

No offence, but if you're sitting this one out you are part of the problem.
So let me ask you this Alan.. Are you happy with politics at the moment? Or should I say politicians?

You run a business, would you let any of your staff get away with what these clowns are doing?

As for your second point I see you as part as the problem, whatever you think about me you empower these dickheads to continue to do what they do (which if you haven't realised by now is to look after themselves).

They must be laughing their tits off, 50k+ a year and all they have to do is lie to keep the people that elsct them happy.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32948 on: October 31, 2019, 09:44:30 pm »
He’s attacking the Lib Dems for campaigning to revoke saying it’s undemocratic. Anyone dumb enough to believe that Corbyn won’t campaign for Brexit/Lexit if Labour wins needs a kick up the bracket.

If you don’t want the Tories to be able to sell off the NHS in a trade deal then STAY IN THE FUCKING EU.

Labour Brexit is Brexit.

By equivocating on Brexit Corbyn has managed to turn away Labour Leavers and more significantly Labour Remainers who voted Labour in 2017 but will vote Lib Dem or Green this time round.

As for the other arguments on here.

Corbyn’s Labour Party has a problem with structural anti-semitism. If you defend it you’re part of the problem.

Corbyn is massively disliked/distrusted by voters. If the Labour Party insists on voting for a useless prick as Leader it’s no good saying the country has to vote for him to keep the Tories out. And replacing him with even more useless politicians like Long-Bailey or Pidcock isn’t going to make them more electable.

Corbyn’s Labour has taken the piss with my vote. I want change. I’d prefer a competent Labour Party but that seems to be a vain hope now. I think we could be fucked for decades.
If the Tories win a majority then am afraid we are f... even if Corbyn +co go.
The damage will be done, leaving the EU with a nutty hard right Tory party. less talented MPs to hold them to account.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32949 on: October 31, 2019, 10:29:20 pm »
So let me ask you this Alan.. Are you happy with politics at the moment? Or should I say politicians?

You run a business, would you let any of your staff get away with what these clowns are doing?

As for your second point I see you as part as the problem, whatever you think about me you empower these dickheads to continue to do what they do (which if you haven't realised by now is to look after themselves).

They must be laughing their tits off, 50k+ a year and all they have to do is lie to keep the people that elsct them happy.
Jason. I understand that you feel the system is terrible/corrupt/whatever. But people deciding to simply sit out will have absolutely zero effect. The only possible way to have any influence upon the system is to be involved. No politician, and no voter will give a toss about your decision to abstain. That's just the reality of the situation.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32950 on: October 31, 2019, 10:49:16 pm »
If the Tories win a majority then am afraid we are f... even if Corbyn +co go.
The damage will be done, leaving the EU with a nutty hard right Tory party. less talented MPs to hold them to account.

And as many of us have been saying for years now - Corbyn is a free pass for the Tories. He had his best chance against May and managed to win 50 less seats than her.

A vote for Corbyn is a vote for Brexit.

A vote for Corbyn strengthens his hold over the party and pretty much guarantees Tory government as long as he’s leader.

Johnson is hugely overrated and won’t be great in this campaign. He has skeletons in his closet and has questionable opinions on many subjects. I still think he’ll win fairly comfortably.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32951 on: October 31, 2019, 10:54:10 pm »
Some traditional labour voters (on here but likely resonates beyond too) will have various issues with the current party. The elephant in the room for me is the apparent anti-semitism and the inability or unwillingness to deal with it.

However the current Tory party, led by the ERG and a bunch of sycophants, seemingly overseen by the politically unknown and unelected Cummings, coupled with their Brexit ‘deal’, is by far the biggest danger. 

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32952 on: October 31, 2019, 11:03:16 pm »
Still in the EU......
W

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32953 on: October 31, 2019, 11:10:32 pm »

A vote for Corbyn strengthens his hold over the party and pretty much guarantees Tory government as long as he’s leader.
I agree with you on most-things-Corbyn, but not these two. Corbyn alone does not determine Labour policy on Brexit. If he did, we'd have left by now. Party policy would not be 'renegotiate then second referendum' if it was down to Corbyn. The Flint -> Kinnock wing never got more than 20 rebels at any point (might be 35 or so tempted), and there are only a handful of real Lexiteers around the leadership. That's no more than 20% of the PLP (and less, in the membership) that support any form of Brexit.

On the latter, I suspect the quickest route to oust Corbyn is if the numbers produce a Labour-LibDem coalition; because MPs - not members - determine the PM. At that point, the PLP will be able to moderate any nominations to the membership vote by making it abundantly clear who they would, or would not, serve. Another defeat will galvanise the hard left, purges will increase and the party really will be fucked for the foreseeable under Pidcock, Burgon or similar.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32954 on: October 31, 2019, 11:40:36 pm »
And as many of us have been saying for years now - Corbyn is a free pass for the Tories. He had his best chance against May and managed to win 50 less seats than her.

Johnson is hugely overrated and won’t be great in this campaign. He has skeletons in his closet and has questionable opinions on many subjects. I still think he’ll win fairly comfortably.
He's been a walkover for every Tory PM and that's caused the damage.
I know I repeat myself but what got me so upset was how little he influenced public opinion. I cant actually think of anything he argued in the first 2 yrs after the vote to leave that influenced public opinion. I can think of many things May argued that had a massive effect on public opinion.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32955 on: November 1, 2019, 06:49:50 am »
I agree with you on most-things-Corbyn, but not these two. Corbyn alone does not determine Labour policy on Brexit. If he did, we'd have left by now. Party policy would not be 'renegotiate then second referendum' if it was down to Corbyn. The Flint -> Kinnock wing never got more than 20 rebels at any point (might be 35 or so tempted), and there are only a handful of real Lexiteers around the leadership. That's no more than 20% of the PLP (and less, in the membership) that support any form of Brexit.

On the latter, I suspect the quickest route to oust Corbyn is if the numbers produce a Labour-LibDem coalition; because MPs - not members - determine the PM. At that point, the PLP will be able to moderate any nominations to the membership vote by making it abundantly clear who they would, or would not, serve. Another defeat will galvanise the hard left, purges will increase and the party really will be fucked for the foreseeable under Pidcock, Burgon or similar.

I have a lot of respect for your opinion and your knowledge of the party but I’m not sure I agree. I think there’s a strong case that the Labour Party is irreparably fucked for the foreseeable future.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32956 on: November 1, 2019, 07:23:29 am »
Did Antoinette Sandbach vote for Boris’ deal?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32957 on: November 1, 2019, 09:05:27 am »
Did Antoinette Sandbach vote for Boris’ deal?
Pretty sure she voted for it. But she's been a king sized pain in the arse for Johnson (and she is seriously big - believe me, you wouldn't want a knee in the bollocks off this girl) and has really taken a stand against him.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32958 on: November 1, 2019, 10:05:55 am »
Pretty sure she voted for it. But she's been a king sized pain in the arse for Johnson (and she is seriously big - believe me, you wouldn't want a knee in the bollocks off this girl) and has really taken a stand against him.

Thing was that she was big on Tory unity and how she would vote for the deal not so long ago and now within a week she has defected to the Lib Dems who are all about complete revocation of Brexit. Seems a huge leap.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32959 on: November 1, 2019, 10:23:37 am »
Thing was that she was big on Tory unity and how she would vote for the deal not so long ago and now within a week she has defected to the Lib Dems who are all about complete revocation of Brexit. Seems a huge leap.
Literally just seen her have that point put to her in an interview. She said she's been on a 'journey' and learned a  lot over the last three years about how much good stuff the EU does!
NAKED BOOBERY