Author Topic: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.  (Read 63240 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2016, 02:55:07 pm »

This one really resonated with the the last 12 months I've had. Been doing a lot of the above recently. I think I'm on the other side. :wave :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:56:52 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »
Been such a hard two weeks for me.  Boiling anger and resentment wanting me to tear strips off people for the slightest thing.  Desperately trying to avoid interacting with those I love most for fear of hurting them and myself.  Just wanting to hide in my blanket fort.  Hating and dreading therapy because I want to say what I feel to a few people there but worried sick everything will explode and I'll be the bad guy.

It's not about manning up.  It's not about growing some balls.  It's not even simply showing courage.  It's trying to think about what needs to be said, expressing it, and recognising how others respond is beyond my control.  I can try to be as tactful as I can but I suppose I must also be true to myself - otherwise I am living a lie.

So I guess this image is about looking life in the eye, not cowering away, and seizing that blazing gift - no matter how much it might burn my hands.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2016, 08:33:24 pm »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:16 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2016, 11:58:07 am »
SOMETHING TO PONDER: George Carlin

George Carlin's wife died early in 2008 and George followed her, dying in July 2008. It is ironic George Carlin - comedian of the 70's and 80's - could write something so very eloquent and so very appropriate. An observation by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgement, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2016, 10:05:12 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2016, 10:19:27 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2016, 06:02:48 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2016, 09:16:50 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2016, 10:16:58 am »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2016, 09:17:38 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 31, 2016, 08:27:14 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 2, 2016, 10:22:35 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 2, 2016, 11:13:22 am »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 3, 2016, 09:26:54 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: August 5, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6p_yaNFSYao&amp;app=desktop" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6p_yaNFSYao&amp;app=desktop</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 9, 2016, 08:21:58 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2016, 09:02:05 pm »
Jürgen Klopp teaches us that if we can have a positive attitude without expectations, then our successes are all the more enjoyable and we do not become discouraged when we fall short.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2016, 11:37:36 am »
Even though 2016 has been pretty diabolical for me and others in so many ways, I have to remind myself:

This year, somebody with cancer got told they were in remission.

This year, somebody met the love of their life.

This year, somebody married their soul mate.

This year, somebody was told a donor had finally been found for them.

This year, something happened for somebody that gave them a reason to carry on living.

This year, a mother was finally able to take her child home after seeing them in an incubator for weeks.

This year, somebody, somewhere, finally did something they have always been scared to do.

For many people, 2016 will have been the best year of their lives. A time of renewal, forgiveness and new adventures. For still others, 2016 is the year their life changed completely, for the better.

Let's try to remember that.

God Bless you all x

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »
Nothing is forever
Enjoy the good times because they won't last, that means you have to absorb every moment
Don't sweat the bad times, they're temporary

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2016, 10:19:05 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2016, 10:24:31 am »
Too right Andy. I don't regret not asking a bird out and getting KBd. I regret just gawping like a muppet and being haunted with what might have been. :D (Being flip, but tossing in a real world example)

A new one: visualise what you want without getting emotionally attached. Realise it in your head, as it were. Some call it the power of attraction, but plenty of sports stars and successful people visualise doing something successfully as a sort of mental practice-go. Be it a shot at goal or a speech or your imagining the perfect kind of person to walk into your life.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2016, 06:20:28 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2017, 11:42:47 pm »
You think super powers are only for movies?

You can make or break somebody's day with a few words, either kind or cruel. You could literally tip them over the edge - or give them a reason to carry on for one more day. 

The power of life and death on the tip of your tongue.  THAT'S a fucking super power ladies and gents.  Use it wisely.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 2, 2017, 12:11:07 pm »
I think we all need this right now.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2017, 06:27:03 pm »
Bumping this because some of you need some positive thinking!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2017, 10:24:34 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:38 am »

That is all we can do . When you start to trust it more and live from your heart with gratitude the results are amazing. Sometimes overwhelming.

It's called surrender!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2017, 07:49:59 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2017, 04:46:48 pm »
I feel like I'm a good man

Been quoted in national papers, for my brother in law's funeral:

The poem by Tram-Tiara T Von Reichenbach was listed in the order of service as “Ella’s Tribute to Daddy – My Spirit” and read on her behalf by Tony

My friends and family reinforced me
It was the second hardest thing I've ever done (I wrote and delivered my mum's eulogy when she died of cancer) but I stood up in front of hundreds including police and did a tribute for my niece, and after a high court judge and the Merseyside police chief shook my hand  :)

I'm on the dole but getting job interviews
I'm happy in my soul
The music is flowing
I have suffered medical depression running in me family but its history

It's positive because I faced hard times and won.  :)

Every day may be a new fight, but you know what? Every fight is easier when you float like a butterfly cause you're happy!

You can beat the black dog
You can overcome it all
You can do the unthinkable
And you can spread it to others
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:50:53 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2017, 07:58:06 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 9, 2017, 02:45:26 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dX22QRzcXJY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dX22QRzcXJY</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 4, 2017, 11:04:35 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/H8e4sATalz8&amp;sns=fb" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/H8e4sATalz8&amp;sns=fb</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2017, 05:55:15 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rgRW7AY5OHQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rgRW7AY5OHQ</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2017, 06:55:10 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/foU1qgOdtwg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/foU1qgOdtwg</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2017, 08:05:18 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p53pDNodxHE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p53pDNodxHE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2017, 01:09:38 am »
Some people know the relationship struggles I've been through and some don't.

Basically to cut a long story short, I went through two years of hell with a women who didn't appreciate me, didn't show me any affection or attention and basically sent me into a massive rut that resulted in trust issues, incredibly low self esteem and depression.

I thought I'd hit rock bottom and couldn't get out of it.

Her and me broke up and I met someone else, someone who showed me that the world is a brighter place, that things can work out and you're never that piece of shit that some people treat you like.

You're always better, you've always got it in you to be better, you've always got support and someone willing to fight for you when you don't think you can fight for yourself.

I got engaged to this girl yesterday, so it goes to show....no matter how low someone can make you feel, there's always someone there to drag you back up if they need to and show you how important you really are.

Keep your heads held high and be the best you that you fucking can be!

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2017, 01:55:11 am »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born