Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3439943 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
So is there any information around what they mean by this exposure? Like how far back, vicinity etc?
I had those messages today at work and it's pretty instant on the exposure as we knew we had a client in who has just gone back to work after recovering from it.

I got the messages within 20 minutes of her arriving.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I had those messages today at work and it's pretty instant on the exposure as we knew we had a client in who has just gone back to work after recovering from it.

I got the messages within 20 minutes of her arriving.

Mines came through at around 7pm but the only time I left the house today was a walk through the local park around 12.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mines came through at around 7pm but the only time I left the house today was a walk through the local park around 12.
Well that sucks then, at least I knew why, when and who I'd been in contact with.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Well that sucks then, at least I knew why, when and who I'd been in contact with.

It’s the second time it has come through. The other was at 2am. Maybe there is something my other half isn’t telling me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Surely it only comes through when someone tests positive and the system acknowledges that? So that likely won’t be 20 mins after you see someone unless they’ve come out the house whilst waiting for a result.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Surely it only comes through when someone tests positive and the system acknowledges that? So that likely won’t be 20 mins after you see someone unless they’ve come out the house whilst waiting for a result.

Could it be someone you passed in say a park or supermarket?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

I would guess so. We heard that a colleague had been confirmed with it but only had the confirmation later that evening.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I would guess so. We heard that a colleague had been confirmed with it but only had the confirmation later that evening.

Similarly my gf was told someone she teaches in a 6th form class had tested positive, then a few hours later she got the alert on the app to isolate. No knowing for sure that’s who it was but all the timings seemed to fit.

Not sure why there are warnings which you’re then told not to worry about. Imagine it’s something to do with different warning thresholds between Apple/Google and NHS.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The client we had in the salon had had a positive test a couple of weeks ago but had recovered and gone back to work on Monday, so we assumed it had picked that test result up.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The client we had in the salon had had a positive test a couple of weeks ago but had recovered and gone back to work on Monday, so we assumed it had picked that test result up.

Wouldn’t have thought so. Would be strange to give people warnings for people who tested positive beyond 2 weeks prior.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Times reporting that there is increasing optimism that the rollout of the Astra Zeneca vaccine could begin in January, although also continuing with the recent line that not everyone will be vaccinated.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/hope-for-covid-vaccine-at-new-year-25b52b86s

The NHS is preparing to introduce a coronavirus vaccine soon after Christmas. Trials have shown it will cut infections and save lives, Jonathan Van-Tam, the deputy chief medical officer, has privately revealed.

He told MPs last week that stage three trials of the vaccine created at Oxford University and being manufactured by AstraZeneca mean a mass rollout is on the horizon as early as December. Thousands of NHS staff are to undergo training to administer a vaccine before the end of the year.

The government changed the law this weekend to expand the number of health professionals able to inoculate the public. The regulations will enable pharmacists, dentists, midwives and paramedics to administer jabs.

Van-Tam gave a briefing to MPs on Monday afternoon in which he said: “We aren’t light years away from it. It isn’t a totally unrealistic suggestion that we could deploy a vaccine soon after Christmas. That would have a significant impact on hospital admissions and deaths.”

The first vaccines will be given to the elderly and vulnerable and to vaccinate those most at risk will take several months. Most people will not be given the jab.

An MP who attended another briefing with Van-Tam said he was “very bullish about the third stage AstraZeneca results, which he expects between the end of this month and the end of next”. The MP said: “Van-Tam expects it to protect the elderly and vulnerable. He gave us to understand that it stopped the virus ‘shedding’ in the young. He said he would expect vaccination to start in January.”

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson warned last week that there might never be a vaccine, but insiders say he did so because the government does not want to “overpromise and underdeliver”.

A health department official confirmed a “robust and comprehensive training programme” was being developed by the NHS and Public Health England to train more people to administer injections.

Matt Hancock, the health secretary, said: “These legal changes will help us in to make sure we are ready to roll out a safe and effective Covid-19 vaccine as soon as it has passed clinical trials and undergone rigorous checks by the regulator.” Van-Tam added: “Vaccines are being developed at a speed that, if successful, will save lives.”

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Speaking to a mate today who’s mums got cancer, his dad in his 70’s has tested positive for covid . The covid was  brought in by one of his mums carers . Carer went to work even though she had a temperature. Surely the government should be paying full wages to people with symptoms till they have a negative test , especially in this sector. We’ve become a nation used to going in work Ill and just mugging through.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
I have been randomly selected for some Ipsos Mori to have a antigen test to see if I have had the virus. Pretty sure I havnt had it but would be good to know.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Times reporting that there is increasing optimism that the rollout of the Astra Zeneca vaccine could begin in January, although also continuing with the recent line that not everyone will be vaccinated.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/hope-for-covid-vaccine-at-new-year-25b52b86s

So it’s actually going to be the right wing Tory idea of protecting and isolating the vulnerable and herd immunity for the rest of us.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So it’s actually going to be the right wing Tory idea of protecting and isolating the vulnerable and herd immunity for the rest of us.

I don’t think it’s a right wing idea necessarily, some people will always be prioritised over others due to their susceptibility or vulnerability to the virus, the logistics, the competition to get hold of the vaccine etc. They were never going to roll it out to everyone at least at the beginning. But first things first, let’s get a safe and effective vaccine, we can argue over who gets it and who doesn’t later.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wouldn’t have thought so. Would be strange to give people warnings for people who tested positive beyond 2 weeks prior.
No idea where I'd been then other than into town for a butty at dinner.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The line has moved from vaccinating the whole country in as short a time as possible, to vaccinating half the population to most people not getting vaccinated.

Quite the shift that has quietly happened.

If vaccine availability is an issue they need to be honest.  There are 7billion people in the world, it’s not a silly excuse.

Personally, I would want it. I work in an environment where it’s very difficult to socially distance, and I’m with 30 other people in a small room with no masks. 

Hey ho.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Similarly my gf was told someone she teaches in a 6th form class had tested positive, then a few hours later she got the alert on the app to isolate. No knowing for sure that’s who it was but all the timings seemed to fit.

Not sure why there are warnings which you’re then told not to worry about. Imagine it’s something to do with different warning thresholds between Apple/Google and NHS.

That is what concerns me. Classycarra sent me a link though which does say only if you get any symptoms should you get tested for it. So far, I am normal. It’s hard to judge sometimes.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
The line has moved from vaccinating the whole country in as short a time as possible, to vaccinating half the population to most people not getting vaccinated.

If vaccine availability is an issue they need to be honest.  There are 7billion people in the world, it’s not a silly excuse.

Personally, I would want it. I work in an environment where it’s very difficult to socially distance, and I’m with 30 other people in a small room with no masks. 

Hey ho.

It'll be huge boost just knowing it's in circulation and starting to get going, I'm still sticking with the idea that vulnerable and over 70's get it free and everyone else will have to pay

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
From what else is coming out from government, or at least what they're currently boosting, seems like they're hoping for fast turnaround time testing for the next year. A little sceptical of it personally because of the trial of a spit test in Salford just dying on its arse but does point towards a bit more than trying to vaccinate a few and devil take the rest. If we can get case numbers down enough for it to work then there's potential there to emulate some of the more successful countries, providing resourcing goes into and people buy into what's needed. Does concern me that the current North vs the government is opening more trust issues which this government is all too willing to piss about on at the best of times.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
They are talking June for the fast testing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
That was one particular fast test, wasn't it? The government have already bought millions of saliva tests to put out. Suspect it'll help more to triage - fail the spit test, take a swab test - from what some of the US experts have been saying.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hey ho.

Far be it for me to defend the government, but I’m not sure that’s correct. There was at least one vaccine where they only orders 30m doses so not enough to vaccinate everyone, and others where they ordered 60m which assuming you need 2 doses in less then half the population, but then others they ordered 100m doses. Obviously they can order more later but at least based on the initial numbers that wasn’t the plan.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan

Hey ho.

I believe they this due to the likelihood of the first vaccine being approved not being the most efficient one.

There is a good chance a more efficient vaccine is approved at a later date (currently ~180 in development).

To date UK has purchase about 400m doses from various vaccine developers (AZN, Pfizer, etc), so even with most vaccines requiring more than two doses we would have enough to vaccinate the entire UK three times over (should all of those be approved).

Bingham did state that should a vaccine with 95% efficiency be developed it would make sense to vaccinate all.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I believe they this due to the likelihood of the first vaccine being approved not being the most efficient one.

There is a good chance a more efficient vaccine is approved at a later date (currently ~180 in development).

To date UK has purchase about 400m doses from various vaccine developers (AZN, Pfizer, etc), so even with most vaccines requiring more than two doses we would have enough to vaccinate the entire UK three times over (should all of those be approved).

Bingham did state that should a vaccine with 95% efficiency be developed it would make sense to vaccinate all.
This is a fair point
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
I don’t think it’s a right wing idea necessarily, some people will always be prioritised over others due to their susceptibility or vulnerability to the virus, the logistics, the competition to get hold of the vaccine etc. They were never going to roll it out to everyone at least at the beginning. But first things first, let’s get a safe and effective vaccine, we can argue over who gets it and who doesn’t later.

You can see what will happen though. Once and if there is a vaccine and the vulnerable get it, employers and the government will be in full overdrive to just shove people back into work with no time to care about younger people getting it and developing long term problem.

The vulnerable may be then immune but for the rest of the country it will be go back to work and just hope you don’t get it bad.

The second the vulnerable have it, we will be forced into business as usual.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You can see what will happen though. Once and if there is a vaccine and the vulnerable get it, employers and the government will be in full overdrive to just shove people back into work with no time to care about younger people getting it and developing long term problem.

The vulnerable may be then immune but for the rest of the country it will be go back to work and just hope you don’t get it bad.

The second the vulnerable have it, we will be forced into business as usual.

We have different opinions - I’d be quite happy to get back to business as usual (with some sensible steps like carrying on with masks, sanitiser etc) as soon as we can make sure the most vulnerable are taken care of.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
We have different opinions - I’d be quite happy to get back to business as usual (with some sensible steps like carrying on with masks, sanitiser etc) as soon as we can make sure the most vulnerable are taken care of.

Not quite business as usual then.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Surely workplaces will have the option to buy vaccines for their staff, which some will do (as with the 'flu jab) because it is cost-effective for the business to not lose days off to illness.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:54:51 am by No666 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I have been randomly selected for some Ipsos Mori to have a antigen test to see if I have had the virus. Pretty sure I havnt had it but would be good to know.

I hate the way they just randomly select people for these tests. I was pretty sure I had it in June, but there was no test to take back then. Not having a go at you like, but why they can't make an appeal for those who think they've already had it I'm not sure. I would have been interested to have found out.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

For years the NHS flu vaccination campaign has taken place between September to December vaccinating the vulnerable and over 65s. Oral vaccine has also been delivered to school children.

So in three/four months the most needy can be vaccinated so if it's a single dose vaccine why can't they continue to vaccinate down through the age groups.

I thought I'd read they were looking at the over 50s as well?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I hate the way they just randomly select people for these tests. I was pretty sure I had it in June, but there was no test to take back then. Not having a go at you like, but why they can't make an appeal for those who think they've already had it I'm not sure. I would have been interested to have found out.

Probably because IPSOS need completely random test subjects?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Probably because IPSOS need completely random test subjects?

Possibly.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

The antigen test is the swab test to see if you currently have the virus rather than the blood test to see if you have antibodies. My partner did it back in August.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I heard about Qingdao (pop more or less the same as London) test everybody over a 2 day period last week. Because of a small outbreak. Mind boggling really but there is no reason* it can't be done in the UK or U.S or Europe (*Obviously if you have competent people in charge of public health).

China's Qingdao city finds no new COVID-19 cases after testing 11 million people

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/china-qingdao-city-finds-no-new-cases-after-testing-11m-covid-19-13298512

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
I heard about Qingdao (pop more or less the same as London) test everybody over a 2 day period last week. Because of a small outbreak. Mind boggling really but there is no reason* it can't be done in the UK or U.S or Europe (*Obviously if you have competent people in charge of public health).

China's Qingdao city finds no new COVID-19 cases after testing 11 million people

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/china-qingdao-city-finds-no-new-cases-after-testing-11m-covid-19-13298512
Not really a fair comparison, as it was not the resources of Qingdao being utilised to test the population of Qingdao. Rather, it was the resources of China being utilised to test Qingdao.

Mind you. If the results are being accurately reported by China, that's quite the outcome.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not quite business as usual then.

A damn sight more business as usual then currently, especially if your in Tier 1 or 2 though.
Thinking is overrated.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The antigen test is the swab test to see if you currently have the virus rather than the blood test to see if you have antibodies. My partner did it back in August.

My bad, it’s the antibody test, the pin prick one.
Thinking is overrated.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The point of the exercise is to see how how many people in the general population have had the virus, you can’t do that by specifically only asking people who think they have had the virus. That would skew the results.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Hey ho.

It’s all logistics coupled with what the vaccine actually achieves and how it works. These will all guide the rollout.

It’s almost a certainty that it would require a booster dose. So the timing of that needs to be factored in, particularly with regard to when that boost needs to be given. If it’s 6 months for example, then does it leave the time to begin vaccinating down the age groups before you have to actually go back to the initial groups for the boost again.

That timescale also feeds into planning - it’s unlikely you want the mass vaccination for either initial or booster dose to fall at certain times if nurses and GPs are involved - you don’t really want to pull them from normal duty for this at the busiest time’s of the year for little gain in preventing serious disease (if it’s the young you are doing at that time). You also want to time it right with respect to when we expect to see increases in infections - it’s less valuable to have vaccinated half the population to give protection over the summer when infections will likely be very low, only for it to begin to wane just at the point infections could be significantly increasing - next winter basically.

It sounds like some data has been seen by those in charge, including Van-Tam. Maybe what this shows has fed into a more concrete plan for this vaccination. Of course, the knowledge of the prime timescale for the boost will only be coming clear over the next couple of months - we are only 6 months after those first vaccinations who will still be being followed closely trying to measure what protection it still provides.