Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3457611 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if we'll ever reach a stage where certain large-scale events will require people to have vaccinations and some sort of proof of that. I'm doubtful but I feel like there might be an 'in between' stage that'll need that.

That's a good thought because there already are some. Olympics are one but in terms of more consistency/greater numbers the most prominent I can remember is the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca

https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/news/427/health-requirements-for-hajj-and-umrah-pilgrims-2019

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Texas Republican who called COVID a 'scamdemic' organized family party that ended up killing his father-in-law, his partner's grandmother and leaving him close to death in hospital

Tony Green, 43, from Dallas, threw the gathering for six people on June 13
    Within days Green and his relatives began feeling poorly, he said in a Op-Ed
    Weeks later the virus had 'torn up his family' after 14 of them fell ill and two died
    Green said he himself became so ill he was eventually hospitalized with doctors
    He was joined in the hospital by his father in law, Rafael Ceja, and his partner's grandmother; they both later died of the virus, Green confirmed 

I know this is happening in the US but if/when similar happens/has happened here surely we can be looking to prosecute the people that held the party under unlawful act manslaughter?

It’s an unlawful act resulting in death, I know the law is more complex on it than that (studied it myself a few years back) and may need some tweaks to the legislation to cover it, but it really fucking should be covering it.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I know this is happening in the US but if/when similar happens/has happened here surely we can be looking to prosecute the people that held the party under unlawful act manslaughter?

It’s an unlawful act resulting in death, I know the law is more complex on it than that (studied it myself a few years back) and may need some tweaks to the legislation to cover it, but it really fucking should be covering it.

I know there's been a couple of cases were someone has been prosecuted for spreading HIV but the prosecution needed a lot of evidence of their knowledge and intent for it to be successful.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
I know there's been a couple of cases were someone has been prosecuted for spreading HIV but the prosecution needed a lot of evidence of their knowledge and intent for it to be successful.

Yep and I remember those cases but that’s different because having sex with someone isn’t in and of itself an unlawful act so you’ve got to either prove that the defendant was intending to cause death or serious injury to arrive at a murder conviction, similarly, in order to satisfy the ‘unlawful act’ element of manslaughter you’d need to prove that the defendant was trying to cause some sort of harm which is incredibly hard.

In this instance, having a gathering of six or more people in your home is automatically an unlawful act as it’s illegal so that criteria is pretty readily satisfied. Where you’d have the difficulty is showing that the transmission occurred at the gathering rather than on the way to it, from it, or in the days leading up to or after it which is why the legislation would need a tweak.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Not sure it's the right way round to deal with it. Do we really want to see nurses and doctors and care workers or pizza delivery drivers getting put on trial in a couple of years time as a result? This government's mad keen on new penalties to 'solve' problems which seem more about capacity to do differently than desire and we're still looking at a rough winter. 'Rule of six' is already punishable by a £200 fine for first offence, doubles every time after. Point already reached where putting something down as a new crime isn't helping solve the problem.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Work had picked up a little bit but it was dead last week and it's even worse so far this week, which is concerning considering we had to make redundancies after the first lockdown.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Neighbours had a party last night. Loads of mixing of houses, singing, shouting. Outside stunk of booze and weed this morning. Ended up with about 3 hours sleep...

Really don't to be that neighbour but was about 5 mins away from calling 101.

Can't even be arsed having a quiet word because know it work make any difference with him. Just pissed off

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
More or less yea.

Travel restricted to 5km (it was 2km in April/May)
Only essential retail to remain open
Schools & creches will remain open
Only elite sports will continue
No visitors in your home

Getting quite frustrated with it all as the vast majority of us are doing the right thing but its still not enough. Listening to the radio the other day where the current affairs host was showing his own frustrations as we are unable to maintain anything like a normal life, not even close to one as the fear is rampant. Rather than living with the virus we are living with lockdown restrictions which squeeze us to living off the state. Trying to be positive but its hard to see how we can stop the virus unless they / we do things right after this lockdown. The horse bolted perhaps when we did not clamp down on the increasing numbers in the major cities straight away and even restrict movement to essential travel btw the North. A strict curfew would be no harm either as the Gardai / Army should be ensuring our streets are empty at midnight and I never saw the point of amateur team sports / training / attendances at matches returning at the same time as the professionals. As I said its bloody frustrating as I have like many others in certain industries have had little to no work since March but I see people enjoying themselves as if there was no virus including some of the heads of our state and judicial system while getting paid 6 weeks vacation in the middle of the pandemic. Its no surprise due to that sort of irresponsibility we are back to Square 1.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
So Oxford has applied? to do Challenge trails from January! We're so slow at everything! So maybe emergency use for Vaccine before then but the rest of us ...what.....March/May/June?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Neighbours had a party last night. Loads of mixing of houses, singing, shouting. Outside stunk of booze and weed this morning. Ended up with about 3 hours sleep...

Can't even be arsed having a quiet word because know it work make any difference with him. Just pissed off

Even without Covid you don’t need shit like that on a weeknight.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Get ready for a mad rush on Listerine Antiseptic

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jmv.26514

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Johnson’s imposed 12pm deadline to Burnham (to accept application of tier 3 for GM) has now passed.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
What are the chances of them imposing an enforced lockdown?

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Work had picked up a little bit but it was dead last week and it's even worse so far this week, which is concerning considering we had to make redundancies after the first lockdown.

In what industry do you work?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's funny with ours as once everywhere opened up the parties calmed down somewhat however since the 10pm pub shutdown and the rule of 6 were introduced they've kicked back up again.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
What are the chances of them imposing an enforced lockdown?

In England? Slim any time very soon nationally because they've gone hard on 'regional solutions will work', but things look like they may need to escalate in some regions. Thinking Liverpool in particular with what's being reported in the Echo from the hospitals today. Manchester's trending that way too but is a few weeks behind currently. For a national decision, really boils down to London, doesn't it? Some of SAGE's members have said that where things are at nationally in a month or so's time is what will force a decision if the regional measures aren't enough.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
In what industry do you work?

Manufacturing.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Is Manchester in tier 2? If so, wouldn't it be best to put them in tier 3 now if they're still trending upwards? I thought the whole point is to stop areas getting that bad in the first place?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
In England? Slim any time very soon nationally because they've gone hard on 'regional solutions will work', but things look like they may need to escalate in some regions. Thinking Liverpool in particular with what's being reported in the Echo from the hospitals today. Manchester's trending that way too but is a few weeks behind currently. For a national decision, really boils down to London, doesn't it? Some of SAGE's members have said that where things are at nationally in a month or so's time is what will force a decision if the regional measures aren't enough.

Sorry, I meant Manchester as we live in Stockport. to be honest I can't see these restrictions making much of a difference unless they close the schools.

Is Manchester in tier 2? If so, wouldn't it be best to put them in tier 3 now if they're still trending upwards? I thought the whole point is to stop areas getting that bad in the first place?

Yeah it is in tier 2 now and has been in different restrictions since August and it hasn't made a difference.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 12:55:30 pm by Liv4-3lee »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Sorry, I meant Manchester as we live in Stockport. to be honest I can't see these restrictions making much of a difference unless they close the schools.

Supposed to be an announcement at 5pm on whether we're moving to tier 3 across GM.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Manufacturing.

What do you guys make? I'm just curious as my sales team target manufacturers so any knowledge of reduction in production in a specific vertical of manufacturing could be useful for my guys.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
The big study on how we're coping through the pandemic run by UCL wants to speak to people in certain sectors to understand their experiences. These are paid interviews.

* In the police force or fire service
* Delivery or postal services

https://twitter.com/Daisy_Fancourt/status/1318527802895904768

I did an interview with them a while back, they're really nice. :)

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
All these restrictions are a waste of time when the universities are Open

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Good on you, Manchester.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good on you, Manchester.

Reckon Burnham will accept the £60m.  Unfortunately it will save Johnson to an extent re his press conference later.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Johnson’s imposed 12pm deadline to Burnham (to accept application of tier 3 for GM) has now passed.
Johnson’s response
“And therefore a state of war exists between us, Wiff waff “
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Johnson’s response
“And therefore a state of war exists between us, Wiff waff “

Gunboats might be a bit big for the canal?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
I know of two people here in NI that died lately from it.  Neither will be registered as Covid because both occurred past the 28-day threshold.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Manchester infection rate. From the BBC.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I live in Manchester and since March we've basically had four weeks where we can have people in our homes.

The rate rocketed when the students came back and the lack of proper testing and tracing means nobody has the proper evidence to be able to identify what caused the rise and thus take effective action. Instead the government wants to lock people down further.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I know of two people here in NI that died lately from it.  Neither will be registered as Covid because both occurred past the 28-day threshold.

Yeah the 28 day cut off is stupid, especially when during the Govt. news briefings they even say themselves that deaths can follow at least 28 days after a positive test.

Read an article today that the last person discharged from hospital (I think in the Blackpool region) after the first peak died yesterday from a cardiac arrest. His wife said he’d struggled with breathing ever since catching it. That’s months after but quite clearly a covid related death.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
One thing I’ve noticed, I seem to know a hell of a lot more people who have tested positive (with symptoms) in the last 4 or so weeks than I ever did during Mar-June.

Given it’s been said countless more had it than who tested positive during that period, a lot more than who are doing so now, I’m slightly surprised by that.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They will be if they died from it, it will will be on their death certificate.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
They'll get recorded in the ONS statistics I think. Not sure how often this data is published though

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

ONS excess deaths will include detail.  A truer reflection of the impact, especially considering Government reduced their daily recorded death figures by c5k in the Summer.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Gunboats might be a bit big for the canal?

Raab has ordered Williamson to take the aircraft carrier up the Liffey as we speak.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Yeah the 28 day cut off is stupid, especially when during the Govt. news briefings they even say themselves that deaths can follow at least 28 days after a positive test.

Read an article today that the last person discharged from hospital (I think in the Blackpool region) after the first peak died yesterday from a cardiac arrest. His wife said he’d struggled with breathing ever since catching it. That’s months after but quite clearly a covid related death.

Saw that on the news.
Been in ICU for 48 days poor chap, gets released and then dies of complications. Not counted.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Burnham’s 4pm press conference now delayed

On now
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:13:23 pm by TSC »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Go ahead Andy.  Johnson’s retaliation coming at 5.