Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458455 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
That's the one, thanks. The article made harrowing reading
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/10/coronavirus-denier-sick-spreader/?arc404=true

Wow, some read that.  One I will be sharing far and wide.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Ireland currently considering whether to implement 6 weeks of level 5 restrictions, pretty much lockdown, but schools remain open and elite level sport can go ahead.

That’s their upcoming football internationals cancelled then.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
This seems like it will be useful.

The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine LSHTM, Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Public Health England (PHE) are to jointly lead a study to better understand the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in schools in England

Letters will go to a sample of primary and secondary schools shortly asking them to take part in the study, which is being sponsored by the Department of Health and Social Care.

The sample will consist of two year groups from 100 secondary schools and every child attending 50 selected primary schools, starting from 2 November 2020, totalling approximately 30,000 pupils and 12,000 staff.

These schools will be selected from a range of local authorities to provide the best possible sample for this work.

Students and staff will be tested at termly intervals during the school year to detect new cases, monitor attendance rates and reasons for not attending school, and assess the effectiveness of measures put in place to control the virus...

As well as collecting nasal swabs and oral fluid (saliva) samples from pupils and staff to detect the presence of the virus and antibodies, a subset of 50 participating schools will also be included in a pilot programme aiming to detect the presence of the virus in waste water. Samples will be collected twice a week from each school’s private drainage system and analysed by Middlesex University and other approved partners.

https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/newsevents/news/2020/lshtm-jointly-lead-new-study-covid-19-infections-schools

One of the points made in the SAGE documents is that they're not really certain whether schools work, as they do for flu, in helping to amplify what's going on or whether instead it's that what happens in schools is a reflection of what's going on in the community.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I don't think many anti-vaxxers particularly care for isolation or bothering with any mitigation (masks/social distancing etc). They're just mainly selfish twats.
As Alan wrote, 'fuck em'. Give them the choice: vaccinate, or stay at home and wear masks when forced out (for a very short list of legitimate reasons).
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
As Alan wrote, 'fuck em'. Give them the choice: vaccinate, or stay at home and wear masks when forced out (for a very short list of legitimate reasons).

It'll be interesting to see if any holiday destinations insist on a vaccination certificate. I can see a lot in the Far East doing this, and Australia and New Zealand.

So might a Biden USA.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So week last Friday and Saturday my daughters flatmate had 2 lads over both nights, all 4 girls and the 2 lads sitting around on the sofas for a few hours watching TV etc. Last Monday my wife goes there to drop stuff off for her and as she was leaving the 4 girls got put on lockdown as the 2 lads   tested positive for Covid. So they and my wife had tests which finally came back yesterday saying they are all negative, which is great but I just can't see how this virus is supposedly really contagious but people can spend hours around a infected person but not contract it themselves. Loads of other cases of one family member having it but not the others they've been living with. It's bloody weird.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
To be fair, don't more than 90% of the population observe Christmas in the UK, so if they were going to make an exception for only one of them it does seem like it has a reasonable case.

I’m not from a Christian background, but certainly still observe Christmas like most people and have no problem with it, but there will be some who will when festivals of other faiths were curtailed.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its not. The Mori/Ipsos is to see how many people have it currently. They have sent a letter to us, inviting us to register our 12 yr old son to be tested by us and it clearly states its to test for a current infection and not if you have already had it.

They run two surveys. One to see how many randomly selected people have the virus currently to measure circulation, and another one to see how many people have had the virus. It’s how they come up with numbers like x% of the population have had the virus.
Thinking is overrated.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They run two surveys. One to see how many randomly selected people have the virus currently to measure circulation, and another one to see how many people have had the virus. It’s how they come up with numbers like x% of the population have had the virus.

Ah right thanks for clearing that up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
And, I suppose that is key to my question a few posts back. They won't be interested in me because they are running the survey and test to estimate the number of already infected individuals in the UK. That's a pity (for me), because my doctor thinks I had it in March, but I only took an antibody test three months later - I was negative. But the test used is reliable for only 2-3 weeks, so the result means nothing.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So week last Friday and Saturday my daughters flatmate had 2 lads over both nights, all 4 girls and the 2 lads sitting around on the sofas for a few hours watching TV etc. Last Monday my wife goes there to drop stuff off for her and as she was leaving the 4 girls got put on lockdown as the 2 lads   tested positive for Covid. So they and my wife had tests which finally came back yesterday saying they are all negative, which is great but I just can't see how this virus is supposedly really contagious but people can spend hours around a infected person but not contract it themselves. Loads of other cases of one family member having it but not the others they've been living with. It's bloody weird.

Some people will have a natural immunity to it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ireland confirms ‘level 5’ restrictions will apply from Wednesday.  Not sure exactly what that entails but sounds like a full lockdown.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
Some people will have a natural immunity to it.
Or, the two lads were not already infectious; or the testing of the four women was too soon after exposure. I am unsure of the exact time from Shady Craig's post.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And, I suppose that is key to my question a few posts back. They won't be interested in me because they are running the survey and test to estimate the number of already infected individuals in the UK. That's a pity (for me), because my doctor thinks I had it in March, but I only took an antibody test three months later - I was negative. But the test used is reliable for only 2-3 weeks, so the result means nothing.

I was reading up on it earlier, there’s been a lot of surveys going on, some as I say to see how many people are catching it, some for how many people have had it, some are to test the actual tests and to see how easy to use they are.

An interesting one is just got off the phone to my mate because I heard his 4 year old son has got it, slight temperature but he’s doing fine. But my mate got tested with his wife and they were both negative, which just confuses the hell out of me. For something so infectious it’s weird that my mate and his Mrs don’t have it when you consider how much close contact a parent has with a young child, and how unhygienic kids of that age generally are with food, saliva, an adult having to wipe their backsides etc
Thinking is overrated.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

See my previous post, exactly the same my mates 4 year old has it, but him and his Mrs don’t?!?!?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
How have Asia been getting on with this? I haven’t read much from what’s been going on in South Korea, Japan, Singapore etc.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
See my previous post, exactly the same my mates 4 year old has it, but him and his Mrs don’t?!?!?

All evidence is that kids are less likely to catch covid and less likely to spread it.  I've provided proof of this before so I've no interest in going down that rabbit hole again.

This is a scientific fact that can be easily confirmed by random googling and countered by nothing.
However some will claim that I'm saying kids cant catch or spread covid which is precisely not what I'm saying.

Online LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A

Maybe just a really good immune system?

Which is why I’m surprised the governments are not encouraging people to exercise more and eat healthier - both would place less burden on the NHS even without the Covid being around

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How have Asia been getting on with this? I haven’t read much from what’s been going on in South Korea, Japan, Singapore etc.

zero cases in the community in Singapore and a handful of imported cases but they are picked up in the strict quarantine for all arrivals from overseas.
Schools been back in for ages, restaurants and bars open. Offices open.
Still no socializing allowed in groups greater than 5.
Even cruises starting up again!
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/consumer/genting-cruise-lines-royal-caribbean-to-offer-cruises-to-nowhere-from-november

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Odd ain't it, I mean I can understand people have better immune systems, especially the young, but surely that would just mean they don't have any symptoms rather than not having it in their system whatsoever when tested?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
As with all viruses, being in the vicinity of someone with it doesn’t mean you definitely get it, so many factors can effect it.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Or, the two lads were not already infectious; or the testing of the four women was too soon after exposure. I am unsure of the exact time from Shady Craig's post.
The two lads had presumably had it 5 days from contact with the person they caught it off. The 4 females took the test on the Thursday after initial contact on the previous Friday and Saturday.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
In a young, low-risk population with ongoing symptoms, almost 70% of individuals have impairment in one or more organs four months after initial symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.14.20212555v1

You'd think not a good look for the incompetent Government sending people back to work and Uni

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As with all viruses, being in the vicinity of someone with it doesn’t mean you definitely get it, so many factors can effect it.

I get that, but a 4 year old and his parents, it’s a little more then being in the vicinity of each other.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
In a young, low-risk population with ongoing symptoms, almost 70% of individuals have impairment in one or more organs four months after initial symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.14.20212555v1

You'd think not a good look for the incompetent Government sending people back to work and Uni

Don’t worry we will all be forced back once the vaccine is available. We won’t have had the vaccination, but of course it doesn’t matter.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Isn't that exactly what the powers that be are saying happens with Covid though, hence the closing of pubs, can't go in people's houses, need for social distancing etc?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Isn't that exactly what the powers that be are saying happens with Covid though, hence the closing of pubs, can't go in people's houses, need for social distancing etc?

Not really. Don’t think I’ve heard anyone say that you’ll 100% get it if you’re within the vicinity of someone who has it.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
The two lads had presumably had it 5 days from contact with the person they caught it off. The 4 females took the test on the Thursday after initial contact on the previous Friday and Saturday.

All depends on when they had the test and more importantly why they had the test - as in did they have some symptoms before seeing your daughter that got worse the day after and then they got a test. They would be most infectious in the day before those initial symptoms, which could have been much earlier in the week. Of course they may have had no symptoms at all - you say they had a positive test but don’t mention if they did - goes back to the why they were tested, because they were ill or because they were in contact with others who were?

But lots of these seemingly unexplainable situations out there. Have to remember how many times this virus was introduced to the UK last spring - many infection chains actually die out. Luckily.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:37:46 pm by djahern »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
But were they contagious when they were in the flat with the four women? I don't think you should assume they were, unless you know when they were infected. Presumably, they (and you) do not know this. It is impossible to precise about particular cases and where and when an individual was infected.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All depends on when they had the test and more importantly why they had the test - as in did they have some symptoms before seeing your daughter that got worse the day after and then they got a test. They would be most infectious in the day before those initial symptoms, which could have been much earlier in the week. Of course they may have had no symptoms at all - you say they had a positive test but don’t mention if they did - goes back to the why they were tested, because they were ill or because they were in contact with others who were?

But lots of these seemingly unexplainable situations out there. Have to remember how many times this virus was introduced to the UK last spring - many infection chains actually die out. Luckily.

There's loads we don't know and loads of anomalies. Some research suggests that some people already have immunity or some level of.

I know a guy who's 70 and his wife whos 60 got symptomatic covid. She was pretty unwell but recovered fully. He was rightly terrified but never caught it. 
Not that this proves anything because its an anomaly, but there's definitely a lot we don't know.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
There's loads we don't know and loads of anomalies. Some research suggests that some people already have immunity or some level of.

I know a guy who's 70 and his wife whos 60 got symptomatic covid. She was pretty unwell but recovered fully. He was rightly terrified but never caught it. 
Not that this proves anything because its an anomaly, but there's definitely a lot we don't know.

It isn't always about immunity, it may also be about the initial interferon response which is innate, alongside inoculum (the amount of virus somebody is initial infected with).  To use an analogy, it is like a force attacking a castle and the interferon response would be the soldiers already on the battlements.  In some people the interferon response is weak, the virus gets in, takes over the keep and you find the defenders having to fight a desperate action to clear the place out .  It's possible his interferon response meant that a weak force (small inoculum) tried to storm the castle and got shot by a bunch of attentive lads on the walls with arrows straight away. 

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They had tests because they had been flagged up that they'd been in contact with someone who was infected a few days before, one of them didn't have symptoms but the other one admitted to having loss of taste on the days he was in my daughters halls flat.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can always rely on this thread to come up with great explanations though fair play[emoji106]

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It isn't always about immunity, it may also be about the initial interferon response which is innate, alongside inoculum (the amount of virus somebody is initial infected with).  To use an analogy, it is like a force attacking a castle and the interferon response would be the soldiers already on the battlements.  In some people the interferon response is weak, the virus gets in, takes over the keep and you find the defenders having to fight a desperate action to clear the place out .  It's possible his interferon response meant that a weak force (small inoculum) tried to storm the castle and got shot by a bunch of attentive lads on the walls with arrows straight away.

That's a possible explanation. I can't come up with a better one.
But we definitely know now that the spread is not as logical as we first believed. Many people spread it to no one and some spread it all over the place.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Ireland confirms ‘level 5’ restrictions will apply from Wednesday.  Not sure exactly what that entails but sounds like a full lockdown.
More or less yea.

Travel restricted to 5km (it was 2km in April/May)
Only essential retail to remain open
Schools & creches will remain open
Only elite sports will continue
No visitors in your home

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
Some research suggests that some people already have immunity or some level of.

They do indeed, but terminology is key for those studies. They show T cell reactivity to sars-cov-2 in cell samples that predate this coronavirus or from people who don’t display as positive for antibodies. T cell reactivity seems to morph into T cell immunity in press reports and they aren’t necessarily the same thing. We have very little data yet on if those that display T cell reactivity have improved immunity to sars-cov-2. One of the remarkable things of the human immune system is the vast repertoire of T cell reactivity that it generates for all of us from birth - there are many studies that actually show that T cell receptors can see antigens that the person has never been exposed to previously, due to their cross reactivity.

We’ve little data also on if those that do have T cell reactivity can get infected. To simplify the immune system a lot - T cells react against infected cells, while antibodies prevent cells from getting infected. So an individual technically would have to be infected for reactive T cells to kick in, but if they are present, do they kick in fast enough so a person is not infectious? All still unknown really.

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
Maybe just a really good immune system?

Which is why I’m surprised the governments are not encouraging people to exercise more and eat healthier - both would place less burden on the NHS even without the Covid being around
So why are professional athletes catching it? They tend to exercise a fair bit and eat healthily.
I get that young, healthy people are less likely to be seriously affected by it but are they any less likely to actually get it?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This article mentions 34 deaths last week just in the Royal (Echo link, it's a terrible site to navigate)

...hospitals are in danger of being overwhelmed if current admission rates continue...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/nearly-80-coronavirus-deaths-recorded-19131159

Must admit I'm worried for my dad in his 80s. He lives alone and is good at wearing a mask and limiting his exposure but he does his own shopping not having mastered online.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This article mentions 34 deaths last week just in the Royal (Echo link, it's a terrible site to navigate)

...hospitals are in danger of being overwhelmed if current admission rates continue...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/nearly-80-coronavirus-deaths-recorded-19131159

Must admit I'm worried for my dad in his 80s. He lives alone and is good at wearing a mask and limiting his exposure but he does his own shopping not having mastered online.

Can’t you put his order in for him ?

One of my oldest friends lives in NZ and does his mams shopping each week since the 1st lock down.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill