Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718315 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #54200 on: November 23, 2019, 06:10:38 pm »
I liked when Lacazette scored to make it 2-2. There were 2 mins left in stoppage time. Did they grab the ball and run back to re-start? Nope. Just sat around in the goal area for 30 seconds more.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #54201 on: November 23, 2019, 06:14:51 pm »
Pochettino to Arsenal? In all honestly I can't see Emery lasting beyond this season if even that. He's going to be sacked before season's end.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #54202 on: November 23, 2019, 06:15:32 pm »
In fairness, the first goal against them should not have counted (ball moving), but they had a lackluster display against a struggling team at home. Sad state of affairs indeed.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #54203 on: November 23, 2019, 06:16:54 pm »
Sad state of affairs at Arsenal. Owners don’t care, fans are spoiled and unrealistic, manager is lost and frightened. They can only get worse really - something is very broken at the core of this club.

Too true, as you say it's really sad to see. Too me their biggest problem is their owners who just take the money and as long as they are there will continue to replace manager after manager with little change.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54204 on: November 23, 2019, 06:19:13 pm »
How did go from "the Arsenal model" we wanted to copy to this? Perhaps there is a lesson to learn somewhere...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54205 on: November 23, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »
Pochettino to Arsenal? In all honestly I can't see Emery lasting beyond this season if even that. He's going to be sacked before season's end.

Depends on how loyal Pochettino is, read an interview where he said he would never manage a team in Argentina (can't remember name, rival of Newell's old boys) Barcelona or Arsenal out of respect for his old clubs, would rather go and work on his farm in Argentina

Edit: it's been rehashed in some places this week but original interview was in January 18 https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/25/mauricio-pochettino-rather-work-farm-manage-arsenal-7261776/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:44:43 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54206 on: November 23, 2019, 07:24:00 pm »
How did go from "the Arsenal model" we wanted to copy to this? Perhaps there is a lesson to learn somewhere...

We fired Kenny, fired Rodgers and hired Klopp. They sat on Wenger for years past his prime and then brought in Emery.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54207 on: November 23, 2019, 07:35:57 pm »
We fired Kenny, fired Rodgers and hired Klopp. They sat on Wenger for years past his prime and then brought in Emery.
It's not just the manager though, Emery is not a bad manager. My question was directed more at the club. What about them letting many key players run their contracts? what about their hiring strategy? All that was before Emery. Looks like there is no cohesion between club, manager, players, style...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54208 on: November 23, 2019, 07:40:53 pm »
Just put Emery out of his misery, he is tragic.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #54209 on: November 23, 2019, 07:44:22 pm »

Emery to Everton then
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54210 on: November 23, 2019, 07:50:31 pm »
It's not just the manager though, Emery is not a bad manager. My question was directed more at the club. What about them letting many key players run their contracts? what about their hiring strategy? All that was before Emery. Looks like there is no cohesion between club, manager, players, style...

A number of clubs looked like they had a sustainable model at their respective level, whether it is arsenal or even somebody like soton, the challenge is in not throwing away what you have when you try to progress beyond your level.

For us, the challenge will obviously be how well we manage to maintain the spirit and quality of the squad when we eventually start to bring in younger players who will eventually be replacing existing starters.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54212 on: November 23, 2019, 08:25:53 pm »
AFTV and chill, although Troopz has become a parody of himself

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54213 on: November 23, 2019, 08:47:16 pm »
What you sayin', blud?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54216 on: November 23, 2019, 09:42:56 pm »

I have a visceral dislike of Troopz. Hes your typical guy that will start a fight if you try to argue with him. I’m guessing the next step on AFTV is staged WWE styled fights.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #54217 on: November 23, 2019, 11:03:01 pm »

I think he'll last the season and then get the sack when failure to make the top four is absolutely confirmed. Unless something catastrophic happens like a very long winless run or a series of terrible results where they might be forced to pull the trigger early. But they're obviously patient when it comes to managers so I think they'll give him this season. Pochettino to Arsenal isn't a bad shout at all you know.

Depends on how loyal Pochettino is, read an interview where he said he would never manage a team in Argentina (can't remember name, rival of Newell's old boys) Barcelona or Arsenal out of respect for his old clubs, would rather go and work on his farm in Argentina

Edit: it's been rehashed in some places this week but original interview was in January 18 https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/25/mauricio-pochettino-rather-work-farm-manage-arsenal-7261776/

Like Mourinho never managing Spurs? Or Dele Ali never wanting to play under Mourinho? £££££££ is the only way to buy loyalty these days. Football is a funny old game.

That and the fact that he might feel that he has unfinished business yet in the Premier League. Imagine him going to Arsenal and getting one over his former side that sacked him by making Arsenal better, which he's fully capable of doing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:07:23 pm by Caligula? »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54218 on: November 23, 2019, 11:08:49 pm »
Arsenal aren't a step up from Tottenham at this place in time. Why would he go there when they're an absolute mess.

He'll be able to get better jobs elsewhere, and by the looks of it Bayern are willing to hire him

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54219 on: November 23, 2019, 11:26:44 pm »
Arsenal aren't a step up from Tottenham at this place in time. Why would he go there when they're an absolute mess.

He'll be able to get better jobs elsewhere, and by the looks of it Bayern are willing to hire him

Arsenal are a much bigger club than Spurs. But like you say, why would you go there if you are Pochettino. He could potentially be approached by Madrid, Bayern, PSG and Man Utd and it wouldnt seem weird.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #54220 on: November 23, 2019, 11:31:44 pm »

And Tottenham aren't a step up from any of the jobs that Mourinho has previously had or has been offered recently, at least according to him. And yet he still went there.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54221 on: November 23, 2019, 11:34:59 pm »
Arsenal are a much bigger club than Spurs. But like you say, why would you go there if you are Pochettino. He could potentially be approached by Madrid, Bayern, PSG and Man Utd and it wouldnt seem weird.

Bigger club sure, but right now they're light years behind them. And it's a worse situation for him to than it is at Tottenham

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54222 on: November 23, 2019, 11:35:39 pm »
And Tottenham aren't a step up from any of the jobs that Mourinho has previously had or has been offered recently, at least according to him. And yet he still went there.

Thing is that Pochettino has spent years trying to get Spurs to the top table on a budget of sorts and having to build (or at least coach) from the foundations up. Going to Arsenal he would have to do it again.

He can get jobs where he puts some medals around his neck with some of the worlds biggest clubs and/or biggest chequebooks. No way does he go to a project again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54223 on: November 23, 2019, 11:37:25 pm »

That's more to do with the clubs he's already managed, and the clubs he would like to manage aren't available. Chelsea have sacked him twice, and gave the job to Lampard. He was fired by United. Arsenal haven't fired Emery. He isn't managing us or City. Madrid brought back Zidane rather than him, and he's never managing Barca. Juventus are doing well, as are Inter and bayern don't want him.

So given all of that, it's no surprise he's taken Spurs. ''The big clubs'' are not available for him

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #54224 on: November 24, 2019, 09:18:20 am »

I dont see that guy with Arsenal merchandise anymore. That dude with thick glasses and headphones.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54225 on: November 24, 2019, 09:28:45 am »

Yeah, Rosario Central and Barcelona.
I suppose this means he can always manage Everton as it would feel like a farm anyways.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #54226 on: November 24, 2019, 09:33:21 am »
What are the odds on Rafa going to Arsenal now that it looks like Everton are keeping Silva? :D

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #54227 on: November 24, 2019, 10:13:11 am »
What are the odds on Rafa going to Arsenal now that it looks like Everton are keeping Silva? :D

Rafa should spare himself further misery, haven't he had enough of going to clubs with really poor ownership issues?

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54228 on: November 24, 2019, 11:32:39 am »
Had their arses absolutely handed to them yesterday haha should have been 4 or 5 goals at least for Southampton. Versus a 19th placed team to make things worse. He has to go.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54229 on: November 24, 2019, 07:11:29 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l2clvKiIHjM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l2clvKiIHjM</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54230 on: November 24, 2019, 07:44:25 pm »
He is but what's the alternative?

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54231 on: November 24, 2019, 07:49:30 pm »
He is but what's the alternative?
Roberto Martinez

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54232 on: November 24, 2019, 07:51:01 pm »
Emery to Everton then
Fucks sake, hasn't he suffered enough?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54233 on: November 25, 2019, 12:37:07 am »
Going through their recent transfer history and they've been genuinely terrible for a good 5 years, maybe even 10. It's only really the Lacazette/Aubameyang deals that have been good recently, and even then buying both was a bit stupid when their defense is so bad.

Emery gets a lot of shit and probably rightly, but I doubt whoever comes in after him will fare much better.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54234 on: November 25, 2019, 12:38:02 am »
Going through their recent transfer history and they've been genuinely terrible for a good 5 years, maybe even 10. It's only really the Lacazette/Aubameyang deals that have been good recently, and even then buying both was a bit stupid when their defense is so bad.

Emery gets a lot of shit and probably rightly, but I doubt whoever comes in after him will fare much better.

Hes terrible at organizing sides defensively.  Rafa did better with worse talent at Newcastle in that department

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54235 on: November 25, 2019, 12:41:35 am »
Hes terrible at organizing sides defensively.  Rafa did better with worse talent at Newcastle in that department

I'm not saying he's a good manager, it's just amazing how consistently bad they've been at signing players. That period a decade or so back when city/united poached all of their best players really destroyed them because they did such a poor job of replacing them. It's kind of surprising they even held that top four spot for as long as they did.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54236 on: November 25, 2019, 12:42:40 am »
I'm not saying he's a good manager, it's just amazing how consistently bad they've been at signing players. That period a decade or so back when city/united poached all of their best players really destroyed them because they did such a poor job of replacing them. It's kind of surprising they even held that top four spot for as long as they did.

Valid points but Emery has had the same defensive problems at Sevilla and in his last season there, his side didn't win one single away game in the league. Sound familiar?

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54237 on: November 25, 2019, 01:01:12 am »
Valid points but Emery has had the same defensive problems at Sevilla and in his last season there, his side didn't win one single away game in the league. Sound familiar?

At least they've become more consistent lately, they can't win at home or away now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54238 on: November 25, 2019, 01:03:09 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqqoAZDaKXE

I feel like the reporter here was taking the piss with Emery's good evening :D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #54239 on: November 25, 2019, 01:04:51 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqqoAZDaKXE

I feel like the reporter here was taking the piss with Emery's good evening :D
I think that’s pretty poor of the journalist. I’d like to see the average Sky presenter speak Spanish.