Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 219278 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »
I'd hate to see him leave Liverpool but i hope he takes the job and build a great career to come back and manage us.

I have no desire to see Gerrard manage us, unless he shows he's a great trophy-winning manager elsewhere, or unless he sits on the backroom staff and works out what the right way and the wrong way to do things is :D

Otherwise, he should never be near the Liverpool job, because it will be an appointment from emotion, not talent.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2018, 10:01:35 pm »
I have no desire to see Gerrard manage us, unless he shows he's a great trophy-winning manager elsewhere, or unless he sits on the backroom staff and works out what the right way and the wrong way to do things is :D

Otherwise, he should never be near the Liverpool job, because it will be an appointment from emotion, not talent.

I think that is why he is seriously considering going up north,massive gamble that could put his main goal of managing us in serious jeopardy.

Suppose he sees it as a risk worth taking or maybe he is doing it just to piss Sol Campbell off.One thing is for sure though,if he does take the job then he will have the pick of any players that we're looking to send out on loan.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2018, 10:04:28 pm »

Agree with you on this one.  He needs to find his feet elsewhere.  It looks as though he has chosen the biggest challenge possible.   Would be interesting to see him up against Brendan next season.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2018, 10:08:17 pm »
Agree with you on this one.  He needs to find his feet elsewhere.  It looks as though he has chosen the biggest challenge possible.   Would be interesting to see him up against Brendan next season.

Not sure about that, although Rangers fans can hope that Brendan continues his bad eye for a player and signs some duffers. But with CL money, if they get it right, they'll be unstoppable.

And the first thing Gerrard will have to do is root out those Rangers players who saw off the last two managers, because players like that are parasites to a team.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2018, 10:09:01 pm »
Of all the club's. Couldn't wish him well at that club. Despise them.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2018, 10:13:46 pm »

Not a PL winner during his career as a player at Liverpool but won it 4 times in a row as a manager. It's written in the sky, mate  ;)

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2018, 10:19:23 pm »
Neutral Scot here, when it comes to the Old Firm. I hate them both equally.

I think it would be a great job for Gerrard to get for his first appointment. There is no real expectation of Rangers overhauling Celtic any time soon. It's a free hit for him really, as long as he gets out before Celtic do the 10th. On the other hand, if he stops Celtic getting the record, he'll be a legend there.

It would be a better grounding for him than it was for Souness back in the day, that's for sure, if that is what people are worried about.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2018, 10:25:05 pm »
If you believe the rumour mill in Glasgow and a couple of Rangers ITK's its a done deal and he should be announced next week, apparently Tom Culshaw going with him and Gary Mac and possibly Jordan Milsom as well.

Its a very interesting move for him, one thing i haven't seen mentioned in the last few pages is the fact that the Rangers owner Dave King and his family are all massive Liverpool supporters, he was pictured beside Kenny on Tuesday night and is apparently prepared to dig deep to fund transfers such is his determination to get Stevie to Ibrox.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2018, 10:25:46 pm »
I'd hate to see him leave Liverpool but i hope he takes the job and build a great career to come back and manage us.

Not if he goes to Ranagers he won't.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2018, 10:29:54 pm »
Not if he goes to Ranagers he won't.

No reason why he won't,Cetlic are hardly great.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2018, 10:35:28 pm »

Would love to see him get one over on Celtic.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2018, 10:37:12 pm »

Celtlc are a million miles ahead of Ranagers and are a poor side themselves.

Ranagers are an awful side. Why do you think the Aberdeen manager turned them down and he's a Ranagers fan.

It would be a massive mistake.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2018, 10:43:34 pm »
Trump an undefeated domestic treble, and a possible double treble? I don't think so.
yes it clearly would with far less money and a much worse set of players inherited, especially as its a one team league there and Celtics budget is far bigger than anyone elses, the shit performances in Europe for Celtic the last two years are more indicative than the domestic front, then again isn’t stevie a catholic and couldn’t that be an issue there?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:47:57 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2018, 11:24:06 pm »

In Scottish terms? They've won the last 7 league titles, and just had an undefeated domestic season, and are on for a double treble, mate.

In absolute terms, they're not great. In relative terms, they're by miles the best team in Scotland.

Although it's weird that they're about to win the SPFL this season by having the best defence ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2018, 11:37:45 pm »
Ranagers best player is Josh Windass and he was signed on a free from Accrington Stanley. Let that sink in.

Poor, poor side. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2018, 11:43:09 pm »
In Scottish terms? They've won the last 7 league titles, and just had an undefeated domestic season, and are on for a double treble, mate.

In absolute terms, they're not great. In relative terms, they're by miles the best team in Scotland.

Although it's weird that they're about to win the SPFL this season by having the best defence ;D

Sure but Rangers have been working their way back into the Prem & this season after Celtic had one of their best Rangers are only 10pts off,same as it ever was in Scotland the two in Glasgow switch between dominating and coming 2nd.

It is a gamble,one that he hopes will speed up his managerial career,with the right team around him and the right load signings he has every chance of getting them some silverware and then pushing on to challenge.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2018, 11:44:11 pm »
Ranagers best player is Josh Windass and he was signed on a free from Accrington Stanley. Let that sink in.

Poor, poor side.

All about the backing.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2018, 11:54:02 pm »
Sure but Rangers have been working their way back into the Prem & this season after Celtic had one of their best Rangers are only 10pts off,same as it ever was in Scotland the two in Glasgow switch between dominating and coming 2nd.

It is a gamble,one that he hopes will speed up his managerial career,with the right team around him and the right load signings he has every chance of getting them some silverware and then pushing on to challenge.

Exactly. So perhaps help us out and give us Danny Ings on loan. Maybe 1 or 2 others if they are needing game time  ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2018, 11:57:08 pm »
Exactly. So perhaps help us out and give us Danny Ings on loan. Maybe 1 or 2 others if they are needing game time  ;)

With Stevie managing there wouldn't be a club in world football that would be better for us to send players out on loan.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2018, 11:59:16 pm »

True, but you have to take into account that (yet again for Rodgers ;D) they had no first choice forwards for many games, and have, to date, played 56 games already, on top of the 59 games last season with a really short pre-season before they started playing competitive games again for the CL. They were bound to have a bit of a slump this season (much like Arsenal did in 2004-05 after their Invincible season (going from undefeated to losing 5 league games) after their exertions of last year. I bet next year they step it up again and have a bigger points margin, regardless of who the Rangers manager is.

Unless Rodgers buys Borini again :D

Also, Aberdeen are currently second, and were second last year too :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2018, 12:03:48 am »
Rangers have a game in hand & a far better GD.

Fact is Rodgers has had it easy at Celtic because Rangers went under

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2018, 12:09:51 am »
Rangers have a game in hand & a far better GD.

Fact is Rodgers has had it easy at Celtic because Rangers went under

Nah - he's done a bang up job there, one that was beyond Deila, Lennon and Strachan, even when Lennon and Deila didn't have Rangers even in the division.

That's not to say that Celtic aren't the powerhouse club right now, expected to win the league - they are - but Rodgers went beyond that.

Undefeated treble, league and league cup double with a possible second treble, and two CL group stages qualifications in a row. Almost all Celtic fans will tell you that he has performed beyond expectations.

Although they'll probably ask you for a fight after that ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2018, 12:11:48 am »
Lennon and strachan could get out of their CL groups, Rodgers hasn’t come close

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2018, 12:16:26 am »
Apparently Stevie will be at their game on Sunday. So I guess it's pretty much done deal.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2018, 12:38:24 am »
Lennon and strachan could get out of their CL groups, Rodgers hasn’t come close

True. Lennon didn't do it until his third season, though, and only got out of the group once in four attempts. Strachan didn't even get into the groups in his first season.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2018, 12:43:27 am »

True. Lennon didn't do it until his third season, though, and only got out of the group once in four attempts. Strachan didn't even get into the groups in his first season.
lennon did it in his second go at the CL, ditto strachan. Rodgers hasn’t come close only getting three points in each group stage

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2018, 02:16:32 am »
lennon did it in his second go at the CL, ditto strachan. Rodgers hasn’t come close only getting three points in each group stage

You're right. He was in the Europa League in his second season. Didn't get out of the group stages.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2018, 02:34:53 am »
If you believe the rumour mill in Glasgow and a couple of Rangers ITK's its a done deal and he should be announced next week, apparently Tom Culshaw going with him and Gary Mac and possibly Jordan Milsom as well.

Its a very interesting move for him, one thing i haven't seen mentioned in the last few pages is the fact that the Rangers owner Dave King and his family are all massive Liverpool supporters, he was pictured beside Kenny on Tuesday night and is apparently prepared to dig deep to fund transfers such is his determination to get Stevie to Ibrox.

Great managers, always had/have the right people around them. It's going to be interesting to see Gerrard who he prefers. 

Rodgers biggest weakness was his staff. If Gerrard gets that right, he could actually challenge Celtic.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2018, 02:58:20 am »
Nah - he's done a bang up job there, one that was beyond Deila, Lennon and Strachan, even when Lennon and Deila didn't have Rangers even in the division.

That's not to say that Celtic aren't the powerhouse club right now, expected to win the league - they are - but Rodgers went beyond that.

Undefeated treble, league and league cup double with a possible second treble, and two CL group stages qualifications in a row. Almost all Celtic fans will tell you that he has performed beyond expectations.

Although they'll probably ask you for a fight after that ;D

I've done a lot of jobs in and around Glasgow and have some good mates up there who are both Tics and Rangers fans.

Only trouble we've had were from the neds after the club who took offense to our English accents and decided to try to fight us with their belts lol

That was back in the last 90s and we couldn't stop laughing at them,didn't know if they wanted to fight or fuck us.Two of us English,a Rangers fan and two Tics cracking heads and the cops turned up took our take outs and then fooked off with them.

Good times.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:00:33 am by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2018, 03:01:54 am »

Dave King isn’t funding anything.
He’s in the crap with the Takeover Panel.
There’s a reason a South African judge labelled him a glib and shameless liar.

The Scottish press are WELL KNOWN from printing any old crap that comes out of Ibrox.

I would be disappointed if Stevie took up an offer, they have a part of their fan base that are the most bigoted, sectarian, and racist in the UK.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2018, 03:04:06 am »
Great managers, always had/have the right people around them. It's going to be interesting to see Gerrard who he prefers. 

Rodgers biggest weakness was his staff. If Gerrard gets that right, he could actually challenge Celtic.

It's about players, though, Rick. Always has been. That's why one of the best managers of this century is currently fighting relegation (successfully) with Newcastle, even though he's one of the best tactical minds out there.

Whatever players Rangers get, Celtic can get better ones. Just like City can down in the South.

Gerrard would have to be an outright management genius to overcome that.

Time will tell, but history isn't on his side.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2018, 03:56:42 am »
Not sure what Gerrard has shown as a coach for him to become the leading candidate for the job. Not sure why if anyone is a top upcoming coach, they would want to take the Rangers job. This seems like a match made in hell.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2018, 06:41:00 am »
Dave King isn’t funding anything.
He’s in the crap with the Takeover Panel.
There’s a reason a South African judge labelled him a glib and shameless liar.

The Scottish press are WELL KNOWN from printing any old crap that comes out of Ibrox.

I would be disappointed if Stevie took up an offer, they have a part of their fan base that are the most bigoted, sectarian, and racist in the UK.

A fanbase that would have included Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

Did you say the same thing when Rodgers went to Celtic. In the interests of balance and fairness I do hope so.

Steven is a Liverpool legend and one of our best ever players. If you want to spout pro Celtic/Anti Rangers shite I am sure their are better places for you to peddle your shite.

Back on topic, from a romantic point of view most of us would love to see Steven manage us one day. Lets hope this works well and does good things for his development.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2018, 06:52:24 am »
"Pro celtic". Only reference to Celtic was made by you. You missed the bit where he said "part of" too.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:49 am »
"Pro celtic". Only reference to Celtic was made by you. You missed the bit where he said "part of" too.

Good ond lad.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2018, 06:57:05 am »
I think he will take the job and even if he doesn’t win anything immediately he won’t be classed as a failure unless he massively fucks up. Celtic are the favourites for everything up there.

Is he any good tactically? Can he bring on players?
He’s a leader which is one thing sorted off the checklist.

I see a few saying Pep went to Barca B then Barcelona and had success but he had studied in Mexico and in Rome under Capello. Had Busquets, Pedro, Thiago and Jeffren at Barca B and obviously a trio of players in Barcelona called Messi, Xavi and Iniesta who had learned the right blueprint in La Masia. His tactics are brilliant though and he always understood the game even as a player according to some managers he had learned from.

Gerrard played under Houllier, Rafa, Dalglish and Rodgers. Managed the u18s.

Does he have enough management experience yet?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2018, 07:03:37 am »
Gerrard is apparently bringing in Gary McAllister as his number 2,along with his current right hand man for the U18's Tom Culshaw and his fitness coach Jordan Milsom.

The latter 2 are sitting with Gerrard at the last Old Firm game at Ibrox.

https://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/110318-Rangers-v-Celtic/G0000GLKoDko96jQ/I0000d78Xuj422_g/C0000T33JVhNCTeQ

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2018, 07:07:32 am »
I think he will take the job and even if he doesn’t win anything immediately he won’t be classed as a failure unless he massively fucks up. Celtic are the favourites for everything up there.

Is he any good tactically? Can he bring on players?
He’s a leader which is one thing sorted off the checklist.

I see a few saying Pep went to Barca B then Barcelona and had success but he had studied in Mexico and in Rome under Capello. Had Busquets, Pedro, Thiago and Jeffren at Barca B and obviously a trio of players in Barcelona called Messi, Xavi and Iniesta who had learned the right blueprint in La Masia. His tactics are brilliant though and he always understood the game even as a player according to some managers he had learned from.

Gerrard played under Houllier, Rafa, Dalglish and Rodgers. Managed the u18s.

Does he have enough management experience yet?

Doesn't work like that up there.

He will be classed as a massive failure if he doesn't win anything up there. Doesn't matter if Celtic are favourites or not. It's not just about football for the Celtic and Ranagers fans.

He won't learn anything up there and won't be given time.

Joey Barton joining Fleetwood is a better move as is Harry Kewell managing Crawley.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2018, 07:14:41 am »
Doesn't work like that up there.

He will be classed as a massive failure if he doesn't win anything up there. Doesn't matter if Celtic are favourites or not. It's not just about football for the Celtic and Ranagers fans.

He won't learn anything up there and won't be given time.

Joey Barton joining Fleetwood is a better move as is Harry Kewell managing Crawley.

Surely there is a different status quo up there now.  Are Rangers even remotely capable of competing with Celtic financially? 

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2018, 07:20:29 am »
Surely there is a different status quo up there now.  Are Rangers even remotely capable of competing with Celtic financially?
Scottishgoon has mentioned they had rid Mike Ashley of the kit sponsor involvement so financially they may get some deals in the near future. Gerrard going there will bring them a bit of spotlight too. A new country for him to plug his Angel Revive water in too.
I’d they employ Gerrard I can’t see him being on a smaller wage than the current fella.