Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179574 times)

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2013, 11:41:52 am »
Owen is absolutely awful.

Every time he is asked something by the other commentator he is guaranteed to say "I remember when I......" or something like that. Obsessed with himself.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2013, 11:43:16 am »
Thats what i noticed. Oh that was a short ball by Gerrard, when i was a striker i........ i just wish you would stfu you boring traitor.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2013, 11:57:49 am »
www.news-source.tv

But you will need a subscription. The site is made to look like a general footy news site, but once logged in its a 10 channels of glorious HD streams! sneaky!

Not accepting new members, some kind a waiting list :(
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »
Thats what i noticed. Oh that was a short ball by Gerrard, when i was a striker i........ i just wish you would stfu you boring traitor.

I remember one yesterday along the lines of

"That was a brilliant ball from Gerrard" (At this point, he could have said, "he consistently delivers these balls and are perfect for strikers", or something like that to keep the commentary ticking) His next line was "I remember when I played with him, and he was pulling these out and I just loved getting onto them and scoring from these balls"

Twat
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2013, 12:25:01 pm »
Jesus H Christ i just want to stab Owen in the balls with a fucking pitchfork. What a fucking dull prick he is.
it's painful listening to him isn't it, don't know who the fuck it was at BT that thought he'd make a good commentator, but he should be shot multiple times in the face for getting him in
The worse part..........about Owen is the way he ...........pauses in every sentence.........he says, like he's waiting for the autocue............to catch up or something

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2013, 01:40:41 pm »
it's painful listening to him isn't it, don't know who the fuck it was at BT that thought he'd make a good commentator, but he should be shot multiple times in the face for getting him in
The worse part..........about Owen is the way he ...........pauses in every sentence.........he says, like he's waiting for the autocue............to catch up or something

His mouth is too quick - or too big - for his brain.

Poor, inane commentator. A bit like Jamie Redknapp - speaks a lot - but says little.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2013, 01:42:40 pm »
I thought my stream was buffering when he was talking.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2013, 05:28:16 pm »
I think it's more that he hears voices in his head so he can't talk and listen to them at the same time, there's a evil psycho in there somewhere I tell ya

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2013, 02:51:02 pm »
I haven't really been in this thread so don't know if it has already been discussed. I am a Sky broadband customer and was looking to get BT sport but didn't really want to switch my broadband. I phoned Sky up yesterday to see if I could haggle them a bit to get it cheaper. Anyway, I didn't need to haggle as they have an offer on if you stick with them... They reduced my line rental by £8.50 a month for the next 18 months for staying with Sky broadband and not switching to BT (I had BT broadband previously and it was crap where I live anyway), so although I am paying £15 a month for BT Sport HD, I have had my Sky bill reduced so it works out I am only paying £6.50 a month for BT Sport, which between my and my old man, £3 a month isn't bad at all. I'd spend more than that in one game if I went to the pub so I'm quite pleased with it.

I asked the girl on the phone what would happen if I cancelled my BT Sport package, and she said that unless I told them, then they would have no way of knowing... so basically, I'll still get the reduction if I cancel BT Sport within the next year, something I might do once the televised fixtures have been released for the new year.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »
Not accepting new members, some kind a waiting list :(

yep just had the same message
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2013, 06:03:58 pm »
How easy is it to switch from Sky to BT for broadband...?

Our broadband is shite. Getting average speeds of 1-2mbps, sometimes even dips to 0.5mbps. Told them a few times and they sent out new bits but it didn't make a difference. Said they'd send an engineer but nothing occurred. Fed up with them. Guy across the way is getting 19mbps.

How do you make the change?

Been with Sky for over a year now, so is it just a case of phoning BT and letting them take care of it?

How long will it take to switch over and is there internet downtime to consider?
Not easy at all. Took them 29 days and many phone calls to sort it out, and I still cant get the app on my PC or Tablet. Had to replug in my old Sky box, which is a pain when the TV only has one scart socket, and I need one for the Sky and one for the Free-view recorder!

Allegedly they are going to knock some money off my next bill as compensation...I bet a pound to a penny they dont!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: August 12, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »
www.news-source.tv

But you will need a subscription. The site is made to look like a general footy news site, but once logged in its a 10 channels of glorious HD streams! sneaky!

That's liveonlinefooty but under a new name, if you had an account you should be able to sign in buy a new subscription.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: August 12, 2013, 06:17:27 pm »
That's liveonlinefooty but under a new name, if you had an account you should be able to sign in buy a new subscription.

For some reason my subs ended when it was LOF, login still works and I can watch on laptop and on mobile via Live Streaming app. Weird though, that when I try on XBMC is reports my subs have run out. I ain't complaining though as its amazing site and FREE!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #333 on: August 12, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »
How easy is it to switch from Sky to BT for broadband...?

How do you make the change?

It was a piece of piss for me - going from Sky Fibre to BT Infinity. Just filled in the online application on BT's website. Didn't take any further phone calls, and the switch happened on the day BT said it would and took about 10 minutes in total.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:52 pm »
Their sets are massive and Michael Owen is there.

Looks like they're attempting to give more back to the viewer than ESPN and Sky Sports with these panel shows. One stipulation, James Richardson should chair everyone one of them. I love him and I want to have his babies.
McManamanamanaman is a bit bland isn't he?
He sports a haircut only a millionaire would think is acceptable.   

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:34 pm »
Old man wants this but is a £15 activation fee. Utter c*nts.
Say your missus wont let you get it in and they might wave it. Worked for me.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #336 on: August 12, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »
I think they have messed up with this huge studio they are presenting everything from.

Watching every single show in the same place just gets boring and feels the same.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2013, 11:44:19 pm »
BT Sport really is shite!!!

David James is about as Charismatic as a turd flavoured Ice Cream. McManamanamanaman is a bit bland isn't he?

I know, seems like they avoided anyone with a personality. Michael Owen is a charisma free zone with an extremely jarring voice & accent. Seriously I had to change stream because of it, even the bimblings  of an Arabic commentator whom I couldn't understand was preferable.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2013, 11:48:25 pm »
I know, seems like they avoided anyone with a personality. Michael Owen is a charisma free zone with an extremely jarring voice & accent. Seriously I had to change stream because of it, even the bimblings  of an Arabic commentator whom I couldn't understand was preferable.
Nice and safe and bland for a first go, all English players are triffic and the Premier League is the best in the world, nothing to see here.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2013, 11:51:24 pm »
This available on virgin yet?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2013, 11:53:31 pm »
Nice and safe and bland for a first go, all English players are triffic and the Premier League is the best in the world, nothing to see here.

Can't they plop in Roy Keane? He's good value for entertainment when bullying southgate on itv and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2013, 12:00:03 am »
Their European football shows and live matches so far have been great, partly because they actually use decent pundits and presenters - James Richardson, Raphael Honigstein, Andy Brassell, Philippe Auclair etc.

No idea why Owen is anywhere near being a pundit never mind a commentator. McManaman is the best of their Premier League pundits by quite a way, but it's not like there's much competition.

There was a fairly interesting interview with Mark Halsey on before where he said there's a few times he's wanted to explain controversial decisions, but the referee's governing organisation whatever it's called doesn't let them - said he text in to explain something one time and got in trouble for it. I got the impression he doesn't like Mike Riley ;D

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: August 13, 2013, 11:42:47 am »
For some reason my subs ended when it was LOF, login still works and I can watch on laptop and on mobile via Live Streaming app. Weird though, that when I try on XBMC is reports my subs have run out. I ain't complaining though as its amazing site and FREE!

I'm getting the same - totally free streaming in great quality. I don't use it as much as I used to - I have Sky Sports in my flat now - but it's very handy when we're playing a Saturday 3pm game and when I need to watch the cricket at work. The quality's significantly better than Virgin's TV Anywhere (their equivalent of Sky Go).

That said, BT Sport isn't on Virgin (yet?), so I'll be relying on that site come Saturday.

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »
I have had a BT Vision box for years - originally got it so I could carry on using an old analogue TV - and was hoping to get BT Sport on it

So I rang BT for a viewing card and was told I couldn't get BT Sport through Vision for free as I had already signed up for it on Sky They said I could get it for free on Vision and then pay for it on Sky

Doesn't seem right to me

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2013, 04:39:19 pm »
www.news-source.tv

SSSSHHHHHHHHH!

Or the Feds will be on to it. Your name's Jimmy Conway for fowler's sake!

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2013, 05:01:15 pm »
This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I need a rant.

The monopolies commission correctly identified a problem with Sky Sports' monopoly of broadcasting Premier League Football.  They correctly said customers should be able to choose who they pay to watch it.  There should be a competitive market.

So they basically allow the Premier League to sell packages as exclusive to one broadcaster as long as one broadcaster doesn't get them all.  It is still a monopoly situation, they've just created another one.  The Premier League could sell more, for more money.  Sky could still charge the same, and the public would need to pay even more to watch all the televised games of their team.

It really is a disgrace.

To stop a monopoly, you need to provide choice about where to buy the same product.

This whole business with BT and Virgin is about BT trying to take customers from Virgin, so making it impossible for virgin to get their channels at a decent price.  They are in bed with Sky as virgin cable TV customers will probably go to Sky TV and knock Virgin out of the market altogether.

Well played monopolies commission.  What started with the right intentions will end up doing the complete opposite of what you wanted.

If they had forced some matches onto free-to-view TV, it would have been far more effective.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2013, 05:51:41 pm »
It's not a rant Prof, its all perfect sense. It's an era many of us hate and have to tolerate unless we sacrifice a lot of footy. I agree with you entirely, I truly wish something could or would be done about it.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »
It's not a rant Prof, its all perfect sense. It's an era many of us hate and have to tolerate unless we sacrifice a lot of footy. I agree with you entirely, I truly wish something could or would be done about it.
Thanks mate.  Nice to know I'm not alone.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2013, 06:00:46 pm »
I'll just go down to pub when we are on BT Sport!!

Still as a Virgin customer I am pissed off there is no more ESPN. I loved ESPN Classic and ESPN America.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:34 pm »

Agree completely. Completely shambolic. Either the people who organised it are stupid or they don't give a fuck. Or both.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2013, 06:20:10 pm »
The sensible thing for sports fans to do would be to boycott the lot of them. I won't have Sky Sports because I despise Murdoch's organisation in general and because of the way he has used football to make ridiculous amounts of money from fans and establish a network founded almost entirely on a monopoly of Premier League football. And BT can fuck right off as well. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after this - just a mini-Murdoch sub-standard SkySports.

C*nts the lot of them...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2013, 06:40:45 pm »
Is there a way to subscribe to BT from internet and watch it from internet anywhere ? Or perhaps is there such thing as premier league pass like it is for nba ? Pretty long shot I know.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »
Yep, I'm pretty sure you can do that for £12 per month.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »
The sensible thing for sports fans to do would be to boycott the lot of them. I won't have Sky Sports because I despise Murdoch's organisation in general and because of the way he has used football to make ridiculous amounts of money from fans and establish a network founded almost entirely on a monopoly of Premier League football. And BT can fuck right off as well. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after this - just a mini-Murdoch sub-standard SkySports.

C*nts the lot of them...
The people have the power but can't collectively harness it yet unfortunately.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: August 13, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

C*nts the lot of them...

For exactly the same reasons I haven't had sky for nearly ten years now. cannot wait for this bubble to burst.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: August 13, 2013, 10:36:33 pm »
For exactly the same reasons I haven't had sky for nearly ten years now. cannot wait for this bubble to burst.

I've been waiting since 1992, no sign of it ending as yet unfortunately.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2013, 10:42:10 pm »
I apologies to the conscientious objectors. I'm weak.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2013, 09:21:32 am »
The people have the power but can't collectively harness it yet unfortunately.

True - it's the same with Sky Atlantic. A whole load of great shows monopolised by Murdoch to increase his stranglehold on cable/satellite TV. And instead of people getting up in arms at being charged a monthly fee for watching stuff that was free to air before, or telling Sky to fuck right off, there's a whole thread of people jizzing over how fantastic it is.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:22 am »
True - it's the same with Sky Atlantic. A whole load of great shows monopolised by Murdoch to increase his stranglehold on cable/satellite TV. And instead of people getting up in arms at being charged a monthly fee for watching stuff that was free to air before, or telling Sky to fuck right off, there's a whole thread of people jizzing over how fantastic it is.
would most of those programs of been free to air though, I'd imagine a lot of them just wouldn't of been bought by broadcasters in this country so unless you watch them over the internet (which I never do) then you wouldn't get to see them?
One thing I will say with regards to Murdoch is I've just been in the Android app thread and apparently the old ESPN goals app that used to be free has now been taken up by news corp and you have to pay to be able to see the goals, so you are right that their money grabbing bastards but I've had Sky for 18 years and couldn't do without it I'm afraid :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:05:20 am by ShadyCraig »

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2013, 10:39:50 am »
Hasn't ESPN Goals been taken over by The S*n? Strange because I still have the app and shows this weeks fixtures.

If it doesn't work, I've got the BBC iPlayer app so I can watch MOTD on there