Author Topic: Gary Mac attacked  (Read 7346 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Gary Mac attacked
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:13:08 pm »
The echo reporting that Gary Mac was attacked on a night out  :no

West Yorkshire Police said: "We are investigating an assault that occurred in Call Lane in Leeds city centre at about 4am yesterday.

"The initial report was that a man, aged in his fifties, was stood outside a bar when a man approached him and punched him in the face causing injuries that required hospital treatment.

"We are currently arranging to speak to the victim to take fuller details of the incident and will be progressing the investigation to identify the person responsible."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Gary Mac attacked
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 12:14:16 pm »
Why do some people think that punching somebody in the street is acceptable?
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:20:09 pm »
It's absolutely disgusting, get well Gary.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 12:24:55 pm »
Loads of c*nts out and about in Leeds I got a whack a couple of weekends ago because I wouldn't give out my last ciggy

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 01:11:35 pm »
Hopefully he's ok and they catch up with the scumbag who did it.

We stayed in Leeds for a few days last year and it felt really safe, day and night, but you get horrible scumbags everywhere. Suppose it's just pot luck whether you run into one or not.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 01:55:22 pm »

No it was in the face mate! 😳

Sorry, I agree totally with you by the way. Shithousery of the highest order. I don’t know if it is just because of how media can report over so many different platforms these days, but does it seem unprovoked attacks are more common?

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 02:43:55 pm »
Absolute dickhead of the highest order... what goes through somebodys head.. even after a few (judging by the time of it)... to think you know what I'll go up to an ex-footballer and punch him
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 03:00:19 pm »
It's these type of blokes that think they are going to be hailed "legends" by their group of friends for all eternity, because "Remember the time I punched Gary McCallister in the face lads"... yeah that night was epic! Knobhead

I hope they catch him Gary.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 03:42:39 pm »
UK country of culture

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 03:46:02 pm »
Unprovoked?!

Horrendous!

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 04:13:22 pm »
What a lowlife, hope they catch him. Get well Gary!

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 04:33:08 pm »
He's entitled to feel safe anywhere but particularly in a city where he's a club legend.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 04:42:14 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47690607

Hope he's caught,utter c*nt was thought to have been wearing a knuckle duster or similar.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 04:57:24 pm »
Terrible assault.
Apparently he was waiting for a taxi with his missus and an American just came up and smashed him in the face!

Totally indefensible.

I can only imagine that it might have been over the taxi or someone having a quick look at someone's missus or some other futile shit.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 04:58:08 pm »

Hope he's caught,utter c*nt was thought to have been wearing a knuckle duster or similar.
Also suggests the attacker was an American. If so, possibly random in the sense that it was unprovoked and he may not have even known who Gary Mac was.

I don't know what's worse. Punching a random person whose just minding their own business, or seeing an ex sportsman that you've seen on telly and thinking that's enough cause to give him a slap?

There really are some vile creatures lurking out there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 07:06:20 pm »

Shithouse. Hope that they catch him and they're not going back to the states to settle back down to being a prick there
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 07:09:20 pm »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 08:04:39 pm »
Little shitbag. Bet if he was on the other end, he'd be crying about it to all the newspapers and getting lawyers involved

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 08:30:24 pm »
Also suggests the attacker was an American.

We don't know the full story but there's no excuse for thumping anyone. Hope they get the guy and deport him.
#JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 08:35:33 pm »
We don't know the full story but there's no excuse for thumping anyone. Hope they get the guy and deport him.

Build a wall!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 09:05:07 pm »
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
No teeth, no teeth
2 black eyes, 2 black eyes
bust lip, bust lip
baldy head, baldy head
he's gary mac, he's gary mac
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 12:24:16 am »
UK country of culture

"The attacker is thought to be American, and due to the severity of the injuries may have been wearing a 'knuckle duster' or similar."

Hopefully it is just a case of a few stitches and no fractures.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 02:30:01 am »
What the fuck.

Hope Gary Mac's ok
YNWA

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 06:02:14 am »

This makes the assault even worse and the injury to McAlister even more severe.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 07:59:56 am »
Terrible assault.
Apparently he was waiting for a taxi with his missus and an American just came up and smashed him in the face!

Lucky he never got shot then if it was an American.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 09:48:49 am »
its not. and the last prick that did it to me paid a severe price and you know what im glad i did it, served him right for being a bully

Gary Mac was brilliant for us and a great pro

sorry to read this
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 11:22:26 am »
"Dominic Matteo said the attack left McAllister without three teeth and needing plastic surgery and stitches."

Well I'd put the attacker in jail for one year per tooth......in fact 3 to 5 years. It's time to up the sentences for crimes. Normal people do not go up to people and knock three teeth out.

3.5 years for Sean Cox is an utter joke and it's the sort of sentence that the guy who attacked Gary Mac needs.

People should never be attacked in the street or going to a match. Take thuggery off the streets by imposing long sentences. Yes you may think that 3 to 5 years for attacking Gary is too much but let's think more of the victims and put the thugs away where they cannot harm anyone. Hitting somebody hard can lead to missing teeth or at worse brain injuries.
#JFT97

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2019, 11:49:16 am »

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2019, 12:00:44 pm »
one punch can kill

Yes and that's why these kind of attacks should be dealt with severely. The message should be that if you strike somebody violently then you will face a long time in jail.
#JFT97

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 12:07:18 pm »
Yes and that's why these kind of attacks should be dealt with severely. The message should be that if you strike somebody violently then you will face a long time in jail.
big time

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 12:20:24 pm »
Minimum for thumping someone in the face should be 2 years imo. No questions asked.

Then, depending on the injuries, the sentence should be increased.  In this case, with the severity of the injuries and unprovoked nature of the attack, I'd say 2-4 years. Attacks like this that result in Brain damage or worse should be 5 years MINIMUM.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 12:39:41 pm »
It's obviously harsh that Gary Macca got punched, and such incidents can cause terrible damage, but anyone calling for lengthy prison sentences for all assaults doesn't have the full picture on the workings of the UK's prison system.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 01:00:43 pm »
It's obviously harsh that Gary Macca got punched, and such incidents can cause terrible damage, but anyone calling for lengthy prison sentences for all assaults doesn't have the full picture on the workings of the UK's prison system.

True but that coward would go down if he used a duster.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 01:25:22 pm »

It's time to come up with a solution then but this isn't the thread to fix the prison system. Lenient sentences are no excuse. Tag the offenders and don't allow them to come out of their house after 8pm; monitor where they are at all times. Take their drivers licence away. Cut their dole money if they are on the dole. Take their passports away. Make their life a misery so they don't consider doing it again.
#JFT97

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 02:52:03 pm »

Without getting into a debate into the state of prisons in the UK, surely there must be some deterrent for actions like this. Chances are whoever is responsible for this might get a suspended sentence or heavy fine. Madness.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2019, 05:51:38 pm »
No - tougher sentencing for these types of thug is exactly what's required, instead of jailing people for failing to pay bills (which happens btw) and reform the prison system too. Far too much thought given to the assailants and not enough to the victims.........look at the Sean Cox case. He and his poor family have been given a life sentence while the perpetrator has 3.5 years and will likely only serve half that.....a disgrace. Get well soon, Gary (and Sean too).

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 06:42:13 pm »
1. It costs more to the taxpayer to send someone to prison than it does to send them to Eton.
2. I have worked inside a prison, and my observations were that prisoners main experience in there was to meet other criminals and lose their fear of prison. Usually, they just come back out again scarier and nastier than they were when they went in.
3. Assaults happen up and down the country all the time. You can't be locking people away for years at a time for it, the prisons would burst.

LOCK EM ALL UP is the sort of thing you expect to read in the Daily Mail, not amongst LFC fans.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 06:44:06 pm »
It's time to come up with a solution then but this isn't the thread to fix the prison system. Lenient sentences are no excuse. Tag the offenders and don't allow them to come out of their house after 8pm; monitor where they are at all times. Take their drivers licence away. Cut their dole money if they are on the dole. Take their passports away. Make their life a misery so they don't consider doing it again.
I hear what you're saying, but it happened at 4am. The dude was blatantly pissed.

People don't consider consequences when they're doing these sorts of things. That's why extra punitive sanctions don't work. In the heat of the moment, some twat who punches people isn't thinking about that stuff.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 06:46:11 pm »
If only it'd been the other way round, we could have added "yer sweet right hook" to the Gary Macca song.

Really though, sad to hear this happened and hope Gary is feeling better. I love him to bits.