Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 217589 times)

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 03:11:46 am »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 3, 2017, 02:31:45 pm »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: August 9, 2017, 08:16:58 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwFrT-HH-yk&feature=youtu.be

Sly digs at Rafa, as usual

The more he opens his mouth the more I dislike him.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43 on: August 9, 2017, 08:26:25 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwFrT-HH-yk&feature=youtu.be

Sly digs at Rafa, as usual

The more he opens his mouth the more I dislike him.

I can't really disagree with what he said, to be fair.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 9, 2017, 09:33:44 pm »

That Rafa has a modus operandi of turning the fan base against the owner?

????

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 12:33:17 am »
Im surprised the club allowed him to keep the BT gig. He should have been told as a condition of the job he had to fuck BT and is media career off, he needs to be all in on is coaching career. He is an employee of the club and he shouldnt be on BT talking about Klopp's targets, Coutinho's future and other nonsense. I dont see the total commitment 24/7 you need to have a chance to succeed. If he wants to be like Carra he needs to pack the coaching in.

The utter shite him and Carra come out with over Rafa is their basically trying to re-write history on things. They know what really happened and their trying to create a narrative of Rafa's failing at the time to Liverpool fans to hide their own roles in the turmoil behind the scenes. getting shut of Rafa, Purslow, the fucking Owl as manager etc.

Legends of the club they are but they dont hold a fucking candle to Rafa as men.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 12:30:28 pm »

????

Yeah of all the people at the club at the time, there was one man risking his future to try and protect the club and it wasn't Stevie and it wasn't Carra.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2017, 03:34:22 pm »
Yeah of all the people at the club at the time, there was one man risking his future to try and protect the club and it wasn't Stevie and it wasn't Carra.

The more I read about Stevie and Carra at that time, the more disgusted I am. And I'm scared that a man of his obviously limited managerial understanding (given his comments on Rafa and Fergie) will likely be our manager one day. It used to hurt me to dislike him because I grew up idolising him but he can get to fuck

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 04:02:38 pm »
The more I read about Stevie and Carra at that time, the more disgusted I am. And I'm scared that a man of his obviously limited managerial understanding (given his comments on Rafa and Fergie) will likely be our manager one day. It used to hurt me to dislike him because I grew up idolising him but he can get to fuck

I'll be honest, I think he'll do about eighteen months here (if that) and then get itchy feet and take a lower league job.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2017, 08:19:59 pm »
I'll be honest, I think he'll do about eighteen months here (if that) and then get itchy feet and take a lower league job.

I hope he does, it's the right way to do it, so long as he gets the right lower league club!

As mentioned above - I too wish he'd stop with the media work now he's employed by the club again.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2017, 03:30:36 am »

????
Name one club Rafa's been at in recent years where he hasn't been fighting with the owners.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2017, 08:22:14 am »
Name one club Rafa's been at in recent years where he hasn't been fighting with the owners.

Name one club Rafas been at in recent years who haven't had notoriously difficult, trigger happy owner?

If Rafas modus operandi was turning the fans against H&G, how the fuck are you gonna slag him off for that?!

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2017, 08:44:34 am »

Indeed, said nothing wrong and praised him in parts but unless you say "Rafa is perfect" commenting on him is apparently not allowed even if you worked under him for 6 years.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2017, 10:05:50 am »
Indeed, said nothing wrong and praised him in parts but unless you say "Rafa is perfect" commenting on him is apparently not allowed even if you worked under him for 6 years.
Okay so name one club where Rafa has actively tried to turn the fans against the owners? If your answer is Liverpool then we have nothing to discuss, and if it's anything than Liverpool, I would love to hear your reasoning  ;D

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2017, 10:44:40 am »

I just throughout he was brutally honest. Rafa is a hero around Merseyside and rightly so but people do love making excuses for him, in just about every job ever since he left us.

All this talk of Newcastle challenging the top half of the table etc, it's mad. They should be focusing on survival and nothing more

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2017, 11:04:42 am »
I just throughout he was brutally honest. Rafa is a hero around Merseyside and rightly so but people do love making excuses for him, in just about every job ever since he left us.

All this talk of Newcastle challenging the top half of the table etc, it's mad. They should be focusing on survival and nothing more

I don't think anyone really makes excuses for him, he's had jobs he should have done better in.

But if you're talking specifically about his 'modus operandi being to turn fans against owners' then of all the fans, players, whatever to argue against that....we're really not the ones. We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are as a club if he hadn't, neither would Stevie.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2017, 01:57:58 am »
Name one club Rafas been at in recent years who haven't had notoriously difficult, trigger happy owner?

If Rafas modus operandi was turning the fans against H&G, how the fuck are you gonna slag him off for that?!
If they have notoriously difficult owners why the hell does he go to these clubs in the first place? It's dead strange.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 02:51:00 am »

Chelsea, Napoli.

Napoli sure he had disagreements with de Laurentiis, but at the end of his 2 year contract they were in negotiations for a new one when Madrid came in.

There was none of this turning fans v de Laurentiis, getting excuses in because of the board either, they were even poorer than Newcastle. I think the biggest disagreement they had was about psychology, when De Laurentiis ordered a 'ritiro' / concentrated training camp after a defeat and Benitez was dead set against it.

What I will say is Benitez doesn't try to make excuses and protect the other party imo, if someone's kept their promises great, if they haven't, they haven't, you ask him about it, he'll tell you. That's about it, not some great political manipulator. I remember seeing some interviews and he himself dislikes being portrayed as such.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:52:36 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 03:14:15 am »
Im surprised the club allowed him to keep the BT gig. He should have been told as a condition of the job he had to fuck BT and is media career off, he needs to be all in on is coaching career. He is an employee of the club and he shouldnt be on BT talking about Klopp's targets, Coutinho's future and other nonsense. I dont see the total commitment 24/7 you need to have a chance to succeed. If he wants to be like Carra he needs to pack the coaching in.

The utter shite him and Carra come out with over Rafa is their basically trying to re-write history on things. They know what really happened and their trying to create a narrative of Rafa's failing at the time to Liverpool fans to hide their own roles in the turmoil behind the scenes. getting shut of Rafa, Purslow, the fucking Owl as manager etc.

Legends of the club they are but they dont hold a fucking candle to Rafa as men.

Spot on, complete waste of time saying it on here though.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2017, 09:15:09 am »

Chelsea? :o

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2017, 09:22:40 am »
Rafa saved this club. He also donated a substantial sum to a local hospice just down the road from where I used to live. He also went out of his way to visit families of Hillsborough.

The guy loved this club, loved the city and the surrounding area.

Him and Montse will always be welcome around here. And rightly so. The guy is pure class.

Gerrard is without doubt one of the best players i've ever seen. And he's done the right thing and taken the U18 here. I hope he leaves here and works his way up to the top of management. But personally, the man aint Klopp or Rafa. He just isn't that character at all.

But with Gerrard he's been through a lot, he's been toughened by his surroundings, by his troubles, by his family. He doesn't have that personable appeal that Klopp or Rafa has.

I respect Gerrard the footballer, I don't feel the love for him as a 'Gent' of the game.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2017, 10:55:05 am »
Stevie (on the quiet) done loads for his old Huyton school and Alder Hey, gladly signed copies of my Hillsborough book at talked about it in length.

In my opinion he is a brilliant representive of all that's great about our club and City, as a player without doubt best I've seen since following the Reds from 1965.

The thing is about Rafa, if anybody ex player, pundit etc says anything at all negative about him they seemed to be turned on and their contribution to the club wiped from memory...don't get it myself.

I live near Huyton, Gerrard is a hero in these parts, both as player and a man, no contest if you want to start comparing him with Rafa on any level around here (what other posters have started doing, not me just stating my case though)

Personally rather this thread was solely about the scouse legend that is Stevie G.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:37:28 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:13 pm »
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2017, 05:12:24 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steven-gerrard-says-signing-virgil-13503845

Whilst he is still working for the club he needs to cut this shit out big time, not going to help Southampton deal with us is it?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2017, 08:15:17 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steven-gerrard-says-signing-virgil-13503845

Whilst he is still working for the club he needs to cut this shit out big time, not going to help Southampton deal with us is it?

It won't and such a high profile club star and current employee pushing the agenda won't soften Southampton's stance.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2017, 08:18:11 pm »

Yep. Been saying this months. He's a club employee in the coaching staff. He needs to shut up about transfers. If he wants to chat transfers with the media while coaching, he should go to Birmingham with Redknapp
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:49:07 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:46 am »
He won't improve his relationship with the owners by making statements like these. It seems like common sense, but I don't think he gets that it communicates a lack of unity within the club.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 5, 2017, 03:59:37 am »
A nice story about how he helped inspire the Charlie's Chance Foundation. https://twitter.com/LFC/status/904660084629823489

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 6, 2017, 04:00:09 am »
A nice story about how he helped inspire the Charlie's Chance Foundation. https://twitter.com/LFC/status/904660084629823489
yea but he is a wanker who has done nothing for the club or city / sarcasm.

he is done far more over the years than even Rafa but gets fuck all praise for it on here for some bizarre reason. And I'm not saying Rafa hasn't done a lot - he has. But it's tedious as fuck that people slag him off for the slightest of negative opinions he has on Rafa.  And most of the time it isn't even negative. It's just fact.

He says tactics wise and footballing wise Rafa is the best he has worked under and bizzarly people people will slag him off over the comments and think it's a dig
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline bird_lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: September 6, 2017, 01:11:00 pm »
^ Wouldn't even bother pal, it's been done to death on here.

I'm always first to defend Stevie, especially when all this Rafa vs Stevie/Carra shite pops up, but he should not be talking about transfers etc the way he has while he is employed by the club. A pundit only for the BBC? Fair enough but he's not just that, he's managing one of our youth teams

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: September 7, 2017, 11:53:09 am »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #71 on: September 7, 2017, 01:45:51 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/274431-gerrard-to-take-charge-of-u19s-in-uefa-youth-league

"Gerrard to take charge of U19s in UEFA Youth League"

Good. This will provide him with some invaluable experience. I have no idea the level of competition he will be facing i.e. what these clubs under 19's sides are like but I can see the sense in giving him the role.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »
I'm in tears. I've just watched a Gerrard montage on Youtube, and goodness me, as much as you try, you can never appreciate something enough until it's gone.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »
I'm in tears. I've just watched a Gerrard montage on Youtube, and goodness me, as much as you try, you can never appreciate something enough until it's gone.

Sig checks out :boxhead

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2017, 01:17:57 pm »

Just never thought he'd retire.  Wasn't really a concept worth considering seeing him playing all those years......part of the furniture if you like.  Still f*cking weird he's not on that pitch every week with the lads.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:19:51 pm by Dubred »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2017, 01:19:44 pm »
Just never thought he'd retire.  Wasn't really a concept seeing him playing all those years......part of the furniture if you like.  Still f*cking weird he's not on that pitch every week with the lads.

Still upsets me that we'll never see Gerrard lift the Prem. It's going to be a great feeling if/when we finally do it, but fuck I wish it was Stevie.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2017, 01:20:50 pm »
Still upsets me that we'll never see Gerrard lift the Prem. It's going to be a great feeling if/when we finally do it, but fuck I wish it was Stevie.

Greatest Liverpool player to never lift the league trophy?

Actually thats a stupid question.....of course he is  ;D

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2017, 01:21:55 pm »
Greatest Liverpool player to never lift the league trophy?

Actually thats a stupid question.....of course he is  ;D

He has to be surely. Thank god he won a European Cup at least.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2017, 11:31:09 am »
Just never thought he'd retire.  Wasn't really a concept worth considering seeing him playing all those years......part of the furniture if you like.  Still f*cking weird he's not on that pitch every week with the lads.
I kinda got used to the fact that his career was winding down in 11/12 or so. He basically seemed to have lost the ability to consistently smash the ball, and he became less of a threat on the edge of the box as a result. Then the awful start to 14/15 made me realise that the end was going to come a lot sooner than I wanted, but I never thought that he'd retire somewhere else.

That is still a great shame to me, he should have been a one-club man. Not sure whose fault it is that he left, and its meaningless really, but it just ain't right that he played for someone else. There are certain players whose clubs should do everything in their power to keep around as long as their presence is not causing problems, even if their influence on the pitch and game time has waned, Gerrard was one of them.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2017, 11:34:48 am »
I would have loved to see Steven play under Jurgen Klopp, I just think he would have thrived. I remember how excited he was when he played that game in Australia he was well buzzing. Having said all that I'm just grateful I saw him play, and its great he is back in the club contributing to the youngster's who now follow in his footsteps.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"