Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 217578 times)

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2018, 09:51:05 am »
Can i just add a bit of balance.

I can understand people saying it's a massive risk going in to Rangers just now, & perhaps better off avoiding the Old Firm & everything that comes with it. Honestly, i really do.

However, Rangers, who this season were under an out of depth Caxinha & a caretaker manager trying to pick up the pieces, are 10 points behind Celtic, who are more settled, much better budget, & a much more revered manager. Last season they finished 30+ points behind them.They have scored more goals than Celtic, & have a better away record than Celtic, but they have lost silly games at home & conceded way more.

So you would think any potential manager could look at the overall picture, & think if i can sign a couple of decent defenders & shore up the defence, then that is a marked improvement at least.

Squad wise, it looks more solid than last summer already,. They added the likes of Jamie Murphy, the young lad Docherty, & are looking already to add the likes of Allan Mcgregor, Scott Arfield & James Mcarthur. Not world beaters but are playing at Championship / EPL level & more importantly are more suited to Scottish football than the likes of Pena, Herrera, Kranjcaer & Alves.

Off the park, despite it seeming a bit of a shambles from a distance, 1 of the main issues has been resolved, & that's Mike Ashley's influence. That had a stranglehold in any new share issue but more importantly on revenue streams for merchandise. So revenue can finally start to grow & at least in that sense start to become at least sort of competitive to the money Celtic bring in for kit deals etc, & become less reliant on the funding from Dave King & the rest of the board.

Like i said, i understand the negativity surrounding Rangers, but i just wanted to point out that it's not all bad, & it's not the total lost cause that people think.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2018, 10:03:38 am »
Would be a bad move for Gerrard, if he wants the Liverpool job, he should stay here, learn everything he can off Klopp and Buvac and look to be in the mix when Klopp leaves. Like the bootroom that produced so many of our greats.

It's all well and good saying that but if he did that you'll have plenty of other people - and most importantly, probably members of the board - dismissing him as a candidate based on his lack of experience.

The game has moved on since those days. Look at Ryan Giggs - that's exactly what he intended to do and it hasn't paid off for him precisely because prior to taking the Wales job he was unwilling to take a job he seemingly considered 'beneath' him. Staying in the inner circle did him no favours at United.

I don't think there's any player out there regardless of their status at a club who could walk into a big job without managing elsewhere first anymore.

I can understand people saying it's a massive risk going in to Rangers just now, & perhaps better off avoiding the Old Firm & everything that comes with it. Honestly, i really do.

However, Rangers, who this season were under an out of depth Caxinha & a caretaker manager trying to pick up the pieces, are 10 points behind Celtic, who are more settled, much better budget, & a much more revered manager. Last season they finished 30+ points behind them.They have scored more goals than Celtic, & have a better away record than Celtic, but they have lost silly games at home & conceded way more.

So you would think any potential manager could look at the overall picture, & think if i can sign a couple of decent defenders & shore up the defence, then that is a marked improvement at least.

Squad wise, it looks more solid than last summer already,. They added the likes of Jamie Murphy, the young lad Docherty, & are looking already to add the likes of Allan Mcgregor, Scott Arfield & James Mcarthur. Not world beaters but are playing at Championship / EPL level & more importantly are more suited to Scottish football than the likes of Pena, Herrera, Kranjcaer & Alves.

Off the park, despite it seeming a bit of a shambles from a distance, 1 of the main issues has been resolved, & that's Mike Ashley's influence. That had a stranglehold in any new share issue but more importantly on revenue streams for merchandise. So revenue can finally start to grow & at least in that sense start to become at least sort of competitive to the money Celtic bring in for kit deals etc, & become less reliant on the funding from Dave King & the rest of the board.

Like i said, i understand the negativity surrounding Rangers, but i just wanted to point out that it's not all bad, & it's not the total lost cause that people think.

Good post.

What people are also missing is that, unlike at Tranmere as suggested on the previous page as an example, he would experience being in charge of a huge club with a huge fanbase & stadia. That's surely much better preparation for his ambitions with us than being tucked away at a lower league club, where the experience just isn't as translatable.

And while the job would undoubtedly come with pressure, I don't think the expectations would be as unrealistically high as many are suggesting. As has been pointed out, Celtic are heading for seven titles in a row, so I don't think the fans would criticise him too much providing he keeps them in at least second place. With the investment that looks to be going into the club there's a glimmer of hope he could make himself a real hero there after a dark era for the club.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:05:26 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2018, 12:02:51 pm »

Are you a Rangers fan, mate?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2018, 12:24:59 pm »
Gerrard should stay well clear of that nuthouse.

What are Rangers' finances like compared to Celtic - they able to spend similar amounts on wages/transfer fees?

They have no money.  They cant even get a credit line with a standard bank and had to go to other financial institutions which charge much higher interest just to get loans to see them through to the end of the season.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2018, 12:28:44 pm »
It's all well and good saying that but if he did that you'll have plenty of other people - and most importantly, probably members of the board - dismissing him as a candidate based on his lack of experience.

The game has moved on since those days. Look at Ryan Giggs - that's exactly what he intended to do and it hasn't paid off for him precisely because prior to taking the Wales job he was unwilling to take a job he seemingly considered 'beneath' him. Staying in the inner circle did him no favours at United.

Fair point. Personally, I wouldn't have confidence in Gerrard should he be appointed through the ranks come the day that Klopp leaves. I want us appointing managers who have experience and have a track record of winning major trophies. He needs to go out and prove he can do it, and Rangers is good stepping stone.

It could possibly just be too soon for him though - I think he would be better off staying with the club for another 2/3 years, study Klopp, get on the 1st team coaching staff, then spread his wings.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2018, 12:55:38 pm »
Are you a Rangers fan, mate?

I am mate, for my sins. I know they are far from popular on here.

Don't get me wrong, things are far from perfect off the park. But believe it or not, there is a slow process of rebuilding the club financially. As I mentioned the first part was getting rid of Mike Ashley's / Sports Directs stranglehold on the finances. We've just recently announced a new kit deal with Hummel which should be much more favourable than the Puma / Sports Direct deal.

Purorescu_kid mentions the unstandard credit line. However, this is the first credit line the club has managed to achieve, so although it might not be great rates, it's a sign on slowly increasing confidence in the club.

There should be other things coming round like a new share issue that converts the loans they owe to shareholders into shares, again something that has always been the plan. They were also comfortable enough with the finances to reject a large bid from China for Morelos in the last window, which doesn't suggest a club in dire needs financially.

What you will see though is plenty of blogs from individuals that are 'Celtic minded' who have become experts in all things Rangers finances who will proclaim every week its armageddon, with no agenda whatsoever of course.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:59:48 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2018, 01:00:19 pm »
He should go be an assistant at Celtic if he want's to move up to Scotland.

managing the U23s here would be far better for him that being an assistant in that league.

And yes I realise the U23s have a manager, I'm not trying to oust him from that job  ;D

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2018, 01:18:47 pm »
Didn't he say literally a few weeks ago sat next to Klopp that he thought it best to go through the ranks and learn before taking on a "real" job?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2018, 01:23:49 pm »
Didn't he say literally a few weeks ago sat next to Klopp that he thought it best to go through the ranks and learn before taking on a "real" job?

He hasn't taken on another job yet
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »

Can't really call the Rangers job a "real job" anyway.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2018, 01:31:16 pm »
The expectations at Rangers are certainly real though

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2018, 02:59:40 pm »

Don't get me wrong, things are far from perfect off the park. But believe it or not, there is a slow process of rebuilding the club financially. As I mentioned the first part was getting rid of Mike Ashley's / Sports Directs stranglehold on the finances. We've just recently announced a new kit deal with Hummel which should be much more favourable than the Puma / Sports Direct deal.

Purorescu_kid mentions the unstandard credit line. However, this is the first credit line the club has managed to achieve, so although it might not be great rates, it's a sign on slowly increasing confidence in the club.

There should be other things coming round like a new share issue that converts the loans they owe to shareholders into shares, again something that has always been the plan. They were also comfortable enough with the finances to reject a large bid from China for Morelos in the last window, which doesn't suggest a club in dire needs financially.

What you will see though is plenty of blogs from individuals that are 'Celtic minded' who have become experts in all things Rangers finances who will proclaim every week its armageddon, with no agenda whatsoever of course.

Cheers mate.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2018, 04:04:06 pm »
Can't really call the Rangers job a "real job" anyway.

Arf :D

He hasn't taken on another job yet

Hopefully he won't. I think he would be better learning here through the ranks

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2018, 04:38:13 pm »

Gerrard isn't simply sitting there next to the manager and hoping to get the big job though, he is still at the stage where he is learning to be a proper coach and as such running the U-18s is actually the ideal place for him right now, eventually move up to the U-23s for another season or two and then at that point if he feels he needs more experience at the top job then that would be the time to head out to a championship-level of side rather than diving in headfirst to managing a club that is probably league 1 level in a division dominated by a championship level side.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
Steer clear Stevie.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2018, 04:51:46 pm »
Hopefully he won't. I think he would be better learning here through the ranks

Yeah hopefully he doesn't, would be a very odd one. He's an ambitious chap is Stevie though, probably feels like he can go there and do really well for himself.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2018, 04:52:39 pm »
Yeah hopefully he doesn't, would be a very odd one. He's an ambitious chap is Stevie though, probably feels like he can go there and do really well for himself.

That's the mistake so many top level ex-pros make. They almost refuse to learn the trade, because they think "playing" = "coaching"
Better looking than Samie.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2018, 04:56:14 pm »
That's the mistake so many top level ex-pros make. They almost refuse to learn the trade, because they think "playing" = "coaching"

Bet there's plenty of ambitious young coaches would give their eye teeth to gain experience in and around Klopp, his coaching team and the medical and sports science teams here.

It's like being offered a place to study physics at Cambridge and decide to go to Portsmouth Polytechnic (made up name before any PP alumni take me to task).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2018, 05:00:18 pm »
Bet there's plenty of ambitious young coaches would give their eye teeth to gain experience in and around Klopp, his coaching team and the medical and sports science teams here.

It's like being offered a place to study physics at Cambridge and decide to go to Portsmouth Polytechnic (made up name before any PP alumni take me to task).

Its not really, its probably more like being offered a full time job in a field you've done one year at Uni in and done pretty well. Meh, it'd be daft if he does but he might still do well. The rumours say he'd have Gary Mac as his assistant but I really don't see how he'd learn anywhere near as much in those conditions as he would under Klopp for a few more years at least. I dare say Jurgen might be a bit pissed too if he does go.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2018, 05:08:07 pm »
In football, it seems your first job counts a lot, lot more than it should. You've got to weigh up the potential for reduced employability versus maximum reward. What is the maximum reward with Rangers? Say best case you win the title, is that significant enough (sorry to the Scots but you've got to take into account the league as well) to make the top six in the top european leagues consider him?

Not sure. Winning it with Celtic won't, but maybe to do it with Rangers....it's a tough job, because any other outcome than a title win with a weak Rangers is worthless to his CV.

Or will it appeal to those below that level. If it's the latter, then he might as well wait a bit more for an opening in the championship or lower end of the premier league. Do a great job there and he'll easily come under consideration for the best jobs.

Personally, if the likes of TAA have been significantly affected, coached by him, I hope Gerrard's in our academy for the next 30 years! It's remarkable how Arnold looks like he belongs in that company in the biggest games we've played for a decade.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:09:38 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2018, 05:11:16 pm »
In football, it seems your first job counts a lot, lot more than it should. You've got to weigh up the potential for reduced employability versus maximum reward. What is the maximum reward with Rangers? Say best case you win the title, is that significant enough (sorry to the Scots but you've got to take into account the league as well) to make the top six in the top european leagues consider him?

Not sure. Winning it with Celtic won't, but maybe to do it with Rangers....it's a tough job, because any other outcome than a title win with a weak Rangers is worthless to his CV.

Or will it appeal to those below that level. If it's the latter, then he might as well wait a bit more for an opening in the championship or lower end of the premier league. Do a great job there and he'll easily come under consideration for the best jobs.

Personally, if the likes of TAA have been significantly effected, coached by him, I hope Gerrard's in our academy for the next 30 years! It's remarkable how he looks like he belongs in the biggest games we've played for a decade.

At that age, a coaches effect on a player, at the technical level, is almost negligible. The main impact at that age is professionalism, tactical understanding of the system, and confidence/encouragement. If anyone deserves any credit for TAA, it's Pep Ljinders.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2018, 05:27:23 pm »
At that age, a coaches effect on a player, at the technical level, is almost negligible. The main impact at that age is professionalism, tactical understanding of the system, and confidence/encouragement. If anyone deserves any credit for TAA, it's Pep Ljinders.

yeah, technically at most it may be a few tips. Wonder how much impact he's had in the other areas though, and if it's something he can consistently repeat with others. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking Gerrard will just be another ex-pro living off reputation, motivation, presence etc but if there's more there, then I want it for the club first, his ambitions can wait haha.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2018, 05:28:04 pm »
Difficult job for your first one as a manager but I don’t get the massive negativity on here. Yes the club are in a mess but it’s also a gamble for them taking on a man with no experience.

If he steadies the ship up there and even moves them to properly challenge Celtic’s then it’ll be a great experience for him and put him in a good position to come back here.

Scotland needs two clubs again. Good luck Stevie lad. 👍🏼

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2018, 05:30:11 pm »
Difficult job for your first one as a manager but I don’t get the massive negativity on here. Yes the club are in a mess but it’s also a gamble for them taking on a man with no experience.

If he steadies the ship up there and even moves them to properly challenge Celtic’s then it’ll be a great experience for him and put him in a good position to come back here.

Scotland needs two clubs again. Good luck Stevie lad. 👍🏼

The negativity is the constant hubris of (almost always) English players who think they can just step into club management without spending any time learning how to be a coach and manager first. That's why the English game is littered with failed top level ex-pros who became managers, and why the best managers in the game often come from the lower divisions or sometimes no pro playing experience at all.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2018, 05:37:31 pm »
It's funny, but since Klopp came in it's been really hard for me to ever imagine Stevie ever being our manager. I think Klopp's personality is a huge part of his appeal and success as a manager. While he can certainly stoke the fires, Stevie doesn't have the sheer force of personality that Klopp has so he'll have to be a bloody genius tactically.

*prepares to be ripped to shreds*

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2018, 05:40:27 pm »

Ah, you're not all that bad, although since I've moved to your wonderful country I've met a fair few Gers who are as awful as modern folklore would have it, and I know there's a lot of antipathy towards both your club and your supporters from those who follow other Scottish clubs. Also met some Rangers fans who are lovely though and despite whatever mistakes were made in the past, you're a huge club with a (mostly!) proud history and it would have been a shame to see you disappear entirely, although I'm sure many would have shed no tears. Swings and roundabouts, as with most clubs and fanbases.

What's the general feeling amongst Rangers supporters with regards to Gerrard potentially taking over? To me it doesn't seem like a great move for either Gerrard or the club, but who knows? Could be great, but could all go horribly wrong.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2018, 05:53:14 pm »
BTW, him staying at Liverpool is nothing to do with Klopp. It's just that working with youth players, or lower league players, forces you to learn how to adapt to different coaching methods, using different standards, individualize your coaching, and to put your faith in progressive methodologies to develop your team, rather than get everything to happen all at once, which is what I've seen ex-players do.

If it was about "learning from the best", then all of United's ex-players from the Ferguson years would have multiple trophies on their management CV :D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2018, 05:54:40 pm »
It's funny, but since Klopp came in it's been really hard for me to ever imagine Stevie ever being our manager. I think Klopp's personality is a huge part of his appeal and success as a manager. While he can certainly stoke the fires, Stevie doesn't have the sheer force of personality that Klopp has so he'll have to be a bloody genius tactically.

*prepares to be ripped to shreds*

Its just a nice dream isn't it. Klopp gets us back to the top, wins a few titles and a few European Cups and then when he's ready to ride off into the sunset we've then got Stevie G ready to step in and keep us there. Writes itself doesn't it, like Shankly to Paisley.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2018, 05:59:44 pm »
Its just a nice dream isn't it. Klopp gets us back to the top, wins a few titles and a few European Cups and then when he's ready to ride off into the sunset we've then got Stevie G ready to step in and keep us there. Writes itself doesn't it, like Shankly to Paisley.

Except Paisley had a 20-year apprenticeship as an assistant manager :D That's way too long for the modern player to wait :D

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2018, 06:49:18 pm »
Ah, you're not all that bad, although since I've moved to your wonderful country I've met a fair few Gers who are as awful as modern folklore would have it, and I know there's a lot of antipathy towards both your club and your supporters from those who follow other Scottish clubs. Also met some Rangers fans who are lovely though and despite whatever mistakes were made in the past, you're a huge club with a (mostly!) proud history and it would have been a shame to see you disappear entirely, although I'm sure many would have shed no tears. Swings and roundabouts, as with most clubs and fanbases.

What's the general feeling amongst Rangers supporters with regards to Gerrard potentially taking over? To me it doesn't seem like a great move for either Gerrard or the club, but who knows? Could be great, but could all go horribly wrong.

There's differing views in the support. Most are fully appreciateive of Gerrard the player, but there are a big section that are worried about the obvious lack of management experience. The problem that Rangers have, is while Rodgers felt a natural and obvious quality fit going to Celtic, there's not really many names that jump out to manage us.

Guys like Frank De Boer & Van Brockhurst have been mentioned being ex players, but it seems we are favouring a Brittish Manager this time round, so there's not many that are obvious candidates.

However, there's a large section of the support that are enthused with the possibility of a big name being manager, and are hoping that the name itself will demand respect in the dressing room, as well as noting his hunger & determination. It's fair to say we would be hoping for a Souness type impact rather than a John Barnes one.

For what it's worth, there are strong rumours going around up here that he's agreed to come.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »
There's differing views in the support. Most are fully appreciateive of Gerrard the player, but there are a big section that are worried about the obvious lack of management experience. The problem that Rangers have, is while Rodgers felt a natural and obvious quality fit going to Celtic, there's not really many names that jump out to manage us.

Guys like Frank De Boer & Van Brockhurst have been mentioned being ex players, but it seems we are favouring a Brittish Manager this time round, so there's not many that are obvious candidates.

However, there's a large section of the support that are enthused with the possibility of a big name being manager, and are hoping that the name itself will demand respect in the dressing room, as well as noting his hunger & determination. It's fair to say we would be hoping for a Souness type impact rather than a John Barnes one.

For what it's worth, there are strong rumours going around up here that he's agreed to come.

The difference with Souness is that he had the most money in Scotland at the time, to build his Rangers team. Rangers aren't in that position right now.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2018, 07:51:09 pm »
The difference with Souness is that he had the most money in Scotland at the time, to build his Rangers team. Rangers aren't in that position right now.

Oh, I know where we are, & I'm not naive enough to think Gerrard is about to rock up here & start some sort of revolution. It would be nice if we could just beat the rest of the teams on a regular basis for a start, especially at home.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2018, 07:54:32 pm »
Imagine if Stevie won the league with them though? Instant legend status.  ;D

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2018, 07:59:31 pm »
Would trump Rodgers' achievements with Celtic, imo

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2018, 08:03:07 pm »

Given how low Rangers have been the past 6 years, the next manager to win them the league will probably get the stadium named after him!  ;D

Be interesting to see if the dynamic changes in views to Rangers given how unpopular Rangers they seem to be in here.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2018, 08:12:15 pm »
Would trump Rodgers' achievements with Celtic, imo

Trump an undefeated domestic treble, and a possible double treble? I don't think so.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2018, 08:13:53 pm »

No chance.. Ranagers are a seriously poor side.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2018, 09:38:11 pm »
I'd hate to see him leave Liverpool but i hope he takes the job and build a great career to come back and manage us.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2018, 09:38:37 pm »
Trump an undefeated domestic treble, and a possible double treble? I don't think so.

I beg to differ.  If he brings in number 55 with a side that was playing the likes of Peterhead and Elgin a few seasons back he will be a legend.  It will be an incredible challenge and the expectation amongst the fans is immense. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:42:11 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2018, 09:49:30 pm »
I beg to differ.  If he brings in number 55 with a side that was playing the likes of Peterhead and Elgin a few seasons back he will be a legend.  It will be an incredible challenge and the expectation amongst the fans is immense.

That might be, but objectively, winning a league title is not really better than going an entire domestic season undefeated. That's why so few teams have done it in football history.