Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2008160 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #11160 on: July 26, 2020, 11:44:52 am »
He's brilliant. For all the stats people can throw at him, I just get so much joy just from watching him play. We're lucky to have had some genuine top class forwards here but none can match Firmino's combination of skill/ability and selflessness which makes our team work. He's going to go down as an all time great :)
He plays with a smile and makes me smile watching him play.

Without Bobby the whole plan has to change, he's that unique.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11161 on: July 26, 2020, 11:54:29 am »
For a 100th time, Bobby is not a 'striker' just because he plays through the middle. Salah is our striker, Mane is our Supporting Striker and Bobby is our Deep Lying Forward.

Did anyone really get bothered by Ronaldinho's or Bergkamp's scoring droughts? No. Precisely why nobody should for Bobby as well. In an ideal world.

Bobby clearly gets concerned by his scoring droughts and that is all that matters. From earlier in the season.

Bobby has four goals in three games and before that he didn’t score that often,” Klopp said following Liverpool’s 4-0 win at Leicester. “When people tell me previously Bobby didn’t score for a while I didn’t realise. When I think about Bobby I don’t think about scoring. I think about how important he is.

“We had a bit of a talk because for the first time since I knew him he looked a little bit concerned about that fact,” said Klopp of the player who joined Liverpool from Hoffenheim in June 2015.

“I told him I am not interested in that number because he is the connector for our team. He is so important for us. He is not the only one who can play that position but he can play that position in a very special way.”

Firmino acknowledged the impact of Klopp’s reassurance by running to embrace his manager on the sideline after his second goal against Leicester. “Obviously he doesn’t have to come [to hug me] every goal but this time he thought I was calm enough to leave him on the pitch in these games and he thought he has to say thank you.”

Scoring goals is a positive release of emotion for forwards and boosts their confidence which is highly likely to improve their general play. Bobby is a truly fantastic player but he wouldn't be human if goal droughts didn't have an effect on him.

I think at times when we play a functional three in midfield we ask a bit much of him. I think the form of Keita has helped share the creative responsibility around and allowed Bobby more opportunity to play higher up the pitch. His header the other night would be a good example of that.

Hopefully he scores again today and goes into the break on a high.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11162 on: July 26, 2020, 11:55:30 am »
I just get so much joy just from watching him play.

Same here. He makes me smile. That is all.

When did football get so boring that people can only watch it with half an eye on a spreadsheet?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11163 on: July 26, 2020, 12:00:38 pm »

When did football get so boring that people can only watch it with half an eye on a spreadsheet?

You’d have to be a boring fucker not to enjoy watching Bobby play

You’d also have been wearing pretty dusty specs if you don’t think his performances have dropped off a fair bit this calendar year. You don’t need a spreadsheet to see it, and it’s really not criminal to point it out.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11164 on: July 26, 2020, 12:34:59 pm »
He plays with a smile and makes me smile watching him play.

Without Bobby the whole plan has to change, he's that unique.

Yeah.

The first real top quality team I've experienced was Rafa's but for various reasons we weren't able to get over the line. The way Klopp has built this team has been similar in that it's taken a few years for it to come together and we've seen its evolution (and that makes it more special than it being a one-off). This team is special and there's so much to enjoy about it, to complain about that Firmino hasn't scored at home before Wednesday just seems a bit, I don't know, pointless.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11165 on: July 26, 2020, 02:25:58 pm »
...to complain about that Firmino hasn't scored at home before Wednesday just seems a bit, I don't know, pointless.

Lack of confidence must be trumpeted, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11166 on: July 26, 2020, 02:40:32 pm »
Bobby clearly gets concerned by his scoring droughts and that is all that matters. From earlier in the season.

Bobby has four goals in three games and before that he didn’t score that often,” Klopp said following Liverpool’s 4-0 win at Leicester. “When people tell me previously Bobby didn’t score for a while I didn’t realise. When I think about Bobby I don’t think about scoring. I think about how important he is.

“We had a bit of a talk because for the first time since I knew him he looked a little bit concerned about that fact,” said Klopp of the player who joined Liverpool from Hoffenheim in June 2015.

“I told him I am not interested in that number because he is the connector for our team. He is so important for us. He is not the only one who can play that position but he can play that position in a very special way.”

Firmino acknowledged the impact of Klopp’s reassurance by running to embrace his manager on the sideline after his second goal against Leicester. “Obviously he doesn’t have to come [to hug me] every goal but this time he thought I was calm enough to leave him on the pitch in these games and he thought he has to say thank you.”

Scoring goals is a positive release of emotion for forwards and boosts their confidence which is highly likely to improve their general play. Bobby is a truly fantastic player but he wouldn't be human if goal droughts didn't have an effect on him.

I think at times when we play a functional three in midfield we ask a bit much of him. I think the form of Keita has helped share the creative responsibility around and allowed Bobby more opportunity to play higher up the pitch. His header the other night would be a good example of that.

You do know what you quoted?

Bobby was concerned his place in the side was at risk due to lack of goals.

Jurgen set him straight, goals is not the criteria for Bobby starting.

Bobby's lack of confidence was in his position in the side being at risk. That is all.

Jurgen made it clear 1 goal or none, makes no odds. Bobby brings to much to how we play to worry about any goal from him. Those are a bonus.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11167 on: July 26, 2020, 05:32:58 pm »
That pass to Salah just now summs him up. Brilliant footballer

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11168 on: July 26, 2020, 05:51:09 pm »
That pass to Salah just now summs him up. Brilliant footballer

Was he confident before he hit the pass? Did he do a self-confidence assessment?

Maybe he will be confident afters...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11169 on: July 26, 2020, 05:57:24 pm »
12 goals and 12 assists overall for this season. He can do better but he's a tremendous influence on how we play football.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11170 on: July 26, 2020, 05:58:47 pm »
That ball to Keita, would have been a beautiful goal.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11171 on: July 26, 2020, 07:25:01 pm »
12 goals and 12 assists overall for this season. He can do better but he's a tremendous influence on how we play football.
Not to forget he made us World Champions, immediately changed the Super Cup when he came on.

And, can't remember aside from Spurs and Wolves, but I think scored a few other winners along the way.

Put on a showcase today.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11172 on: July 26, 2020, 07:31:00 pm »
Most unselfish striker in the world.
Believer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11173 on: July 26, 2020, 07:43:43 pm »
Not to forget he made us World Champions, immediately changed the Super Cup when he came on.

And, can't remember aside from Spurs and Wolves, but I think scored a few other winners along the way.

Put on a showcase today.

He's scored several in the last 10 minutes of the game through out the season.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11174 on: July 26, 2020, 07:44:45 pm »

Put on a showcase today.

Chelsea away

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11175 on: July 26, 2020, 07:46:28 pm »
That pass to Mo was absolutely ridiculous. He was off-balance, the ball was at a weird height, and he just put it on a plate for Mo. Unbelievable player. We are blessed to have such a talented front three.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #11176 on: July 26, 2020, 07:47:41 pm »
Love him and his attitude. A team player from, it seems like, yesteryear. Top player.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11177 on: July 26, 2020, 07:53:31 pm »
He is a top player but also a character. He puts a smile on your face, unlike so many cardboard cut out players.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #11178 on: July 26, 2020, 07:57:50 pm »
Don't think a player this good could have two underwhelming seasons (for his standards) in a row.

Hopefully now with Naby being more involved we'll do a better job of getting the ball into Bobby earlier so he could be in a better position to do his thing and potentially get closer to repeating his 17/18 numbers.

Exciting season ahead with a chance of catching Utd in terms of league wins.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11179 on: July 26, 2020, 08:40:56 pm »
No doubts about it, in terms of numbers he could have done better this season, and I'd expect him to do so next season. It'd only be disappointing if we hadn't won anything, but lucky for us we have  :D

He looked sharp again today, must be a nightmare for a tiring defender like, suppose he had Mane and Salah with him too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11180 on: July 26, 2020, 08:44:51 pm »
We have won the European Cup, Premier League, Super Cup and CWC with Bobby playing pretty much every game. I really don’t care what any pundit or rival fan may say, he’s perfect for this side and I wouldn’t switch him for anyone. His form since the return hasn’t been great but that can happen. Like others have said to, he just makes me smile when I see him play, he’s a joy to watch.

What I would say though, is that it would be nice to have a goalscoring type striker as an option for the games when he’s not at his best. I think we struggle to rotate him.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11181 on: July 26, 2020, 10:26:23 pm »
1) He has the third most shots in the league, so why he is certainly not a traditional  number 9, he is not a number 6 either. You can appreciate what he does and still want him to score more. They are not mutually exclusive.

2) He is an integral part of the team that is current world, European and English champions.

3) Had we beaten Burnley this thread would probably be on page 2. But once that unique record chance had gone, a scapegoat was sort

When did I say he was a No. 6? When does a deep lying 'forward' equate to No. 6?

As for point no. 2 - I don't see anyone contradicting that. Why quote my post which is supporting Bobby and then reply as if I wasn't?

Point no. 3 - I don't see why this matters, because the point I was making is that you can't assess Bobby's season by goals like you do for 'strikers'.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11182 on: July 26, 2020, 10:29:05 pm »

Doesn't Bobby have a contract clause including goals? Anyway, every player wants to score more - doesn't mean they have to be assessed by their goals. Bobby's game is not encompassed by scoring like it is for 'strikers'. His game is completely different to that of a striker.

Maybe in some games, he could've passed better, and put away a few, but you can't define his season by goals or the lack of it. If there is a season where he is our top scorer or scores more than Salah, that is when he actually becomes a 'striker'. So far, nowt.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 10:35:48 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11183 on: July 26, 2020, 10:30:43 pm »

Put on a showcase today.

Winners in the both semis and final of the Club World Cup. Not bad.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11184 on: July 26, 2020, 10:37:58 pm »
Doesn't Bobby have a contract clause including goals? Anyway, every player wants to score more - doesn't mean they have to be assessed by their goals. Bobby's game is not encompassed by scoring like it is for 'strikers'. His game is completely different to that of a striker.

It was his last contract I believe that had the goal bonuses in.

I haven't said that Bobby should be judged on goals. What I have said is that not scoring and not assisting would probably have an effect on his confidence. Bobby's goals and assists tend to come in clusters. When he is scoring and assisting he looks a better player.

I hope we tweak the system next season so that there is less reliance on Bobby in the build up, and he can play higher up the pitch. If Naby continues his rich vein of form I think it will really help Bobby.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11185 on: July 26, 2020, 10:50:34 pm »
No player has won more possession in the final third this season than Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino. (32)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11186 on: July 26, 2020, 10:58:36 pm »
No player has won more possession in the final third this season than Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino. (32)

Yeah but he only scored 1 goal at Anfield & it needed to be empty because the pressure of a full house gets to him.

A bit of self confidence and he'd be world class,sadly you cannot teach that.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11187 on: July 26, 2020, 11:28:15 pm »

Yeah but he only scored 1 goal at Anfield & it needed to be empty because the pressure of a full house gets to him.

:D

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11188 on: July 26, 2020, 11:58:06 pm »

If you cannot teach self-confidence then why do elite sports employ sports psychologists ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11189 on: July 27, 2020, 12:05:02 am »
If you cannot teach self-confidence then why do elite sports employ sports psychologists ?

Fuck off Al  ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11190 on: July 27, 2020, 01:49:29 am »
Don't think a player this good could have two underwhelming seasons (for his standards) in a row.

We've got 97 and then 99 points in the League with two underwhelming seasons by Firmino.

I hope he underwhelms again next season and we get high 90's or break 100 points.  :wave

;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11191 on: July 27, 2020, 02:01:35 am »
We've got 97 and then 99 points in the League with two underwhelming seasons by Firmino.

I hope he underwhelms again next season and we get high 90's or break 100 points.  :wave

;D

Bonkers isn't it,some people just cannot see the beauty of how he plays unless it's a no look goal.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11192 on: July 27, 2020, 02:02:48 am »

;D

To be fair I think he was saying that this season was underwhelming and that it was unlikely that next season would so underwhelming.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #11193 on: July 27, 2020, 07:47:15 am »
To be fair I think he was saying that this season was underwhelming and that it was unlikely that next season would so underwhelming.

Who's on first?  :P

;D
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #11194 on: July 27, 2020, 01:41:02 pm »
Say what you want but not scoring a single goal in 18 games at home is simply not good enough even for a forward playing for Norwich.

What I want to say is that you know nothing about football and you should find a new forum to troll.

*Insert Aurelio “What is this bullshit” .gif  :wave
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline bstevenson951

• Boys Pen
« Reply #11195 on: July 31, 2020, 11:15:08 pm »
Wrote a bit of a lighthearted narrative article over lockdown about how Bobbys song started in Belgrade for anyone interested!

https://benstevenson95.wordpress.com/2020/06/30/the-roberto-firmino-song-a-short-story/

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11196 on: July 31, 2020, 11:26:35 pm »
Thats a great read! I remember queuing to get in at Red Star away and hearing a group of lads come up behind us singing this (probably you!) and trying to work out what it was. Can't remember when I heard it next, on the Kop a game or so later presumably. But also remember someone else come on here and asking about it (Kesey maybe?) and trying to piece it together from that.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline bstevenson951

• Boys Pen
« Reply #11197 on: July 31, 2020, 11:42:28 pm »
Thanks! Yeah we had a good go at getting it going outside the ground that night but took until Paris to properly get going! Best thing about a European away is it’s the best place to get a new song started!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11198 on: August 1, 2020, 04:25:14 am »
Wrote a bit of a lighthearted narrative article over lockdown about how Bobbys song started in Belgrade for anyone interested!

https://benstevenson95.wordpress.com/2020/06/30/the-roberto-firmino-song-a-short-story/

that's brilliant Ben - thanks for posting

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11199 on: August 1, 2020, 07:23:41 am »

Brilliant read that, thanks