Author Topic: Detroit: Become Human(PS4 Exclusive)  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Detroit: Become Human(PS4 Exclusive)
« on: June 5, 2018, 03:53:04 pm »
This is the latest game from David Cage and his french Quantic Dream studio. Previously they made Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls alongside Sony for the PlayStation 3. Now they're back with their first PS4 title and in my opinion their best game yet. If it helps this game feels more a little bit more like Heavy Rain.

Some trailers showing off how many different scenarios there's actually is in the game:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QD1pbWCJcKQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QD1pbWCJcKQ</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YtPmIBqRwQU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YtPmIBqRwQU</a>

The playable characters

Kara (played by Valorie Curry)

Connor (played by Bryan Dechart)

Markus (played by Jesse Williams)

« Last Edit: June 5, 2018, 03:56:10 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
Re: Detroit: Become Human(PS4 Exclusive)
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2018, 11:18:15 am »
I have seen the actor Bryan Dechart playing/streaming the game on youtube and I have to say its so odd seeing his Connor robotic character then you see his cheepy, happy, upbeat self playing the game. Shows the great acting in this series. I have also been blown away by the different outcomes one can get just from a few simple different decisions?

Spoiler
My endings were decent enough for two of my characters and not so much for one.

Markus - I had a peaceful demonstration at the end and public opinion kept rising up. That douche cop tried to finish off the last remaining androids with flash bangs and guns, but I got Markus to start singing. All the other androids joined in and the soldiers just lowered their guns (disobeyed orders I guess). It was a touching scene.

Connor - managed to get to the android army at the tower but found fake Connor had kidnapped Hank. Had some fisticuffs with fake Connor but since we had the same outfit Hank didn't know who to shoot. I remembered "SUMO" when he asked his dog name. It unlocks at that point when the options pop up. Converted all the androids and sent em over to Markus last stand location, to find him having a Martin Luther moment. Cyberlife try and hack Connor to assassinate Markus while on stage, I resisted that.

Kara - Oh boy.. managed to get to the bus station, fund place on lock down, cops inspecting everyone. I was just randomly walking around without any clue as what to do, when the lad from that lady who took us in her house called me from some side door and pulled me over to the garage. Drove with them to the river (didnt save Luther in Jericho so it was just me and the kid), were we found a boat(s) waiting for us, with other androids. Ride across, border patrol scumbags come in guns blazing, we duck down to avoid bullets.. kid gets shot. Now have to push jump into the freezing water and push the boat to the other end before I freeze to death. Managed to get through, only for the kid to die in my arms. Had to option to give up and keep living. Chose to live, camera pans to some driving towards me as I stood at the bank of the river. Fade to black screen.. curl and cry

Post credit - Hank and Connor bro hug at his burger joint

I think for my next playthrough I will go for a more aggressive Markus. I was pacifist most of the time with him. With Connor, maybe I wont turn deviant to see how that plays out. As for Kara, I want to save Luther in Jericho and stay with the rest of the androids if that's possible. Will wing it as I play along.
[close]

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2018, 02:24:55 pm »
Looks really interesting but having not played something like this before I'm kind of put off by how little gameplay there is.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2018, 02:42:13 pm »
Looks really interesting but having not played something like this before I'm kind of put off by how little gameplay there is.

There's a demo on the Playstation Store if you wanna try it and see if it's for you. The demo actually shows off a pretty cool sequence and how many different scenarios can happen depending on your actions.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2018, 09:56:18 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XKuhKR7bNQM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XKuhKR7bNQM</a>

Fantastic music as well.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 07:44:44 pm »
So I'm playing this now and have instantly been hooked, you lot better have finished it so I have someone to talk about it with when I'm done ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 07:56:36 pm »
I loved it. Felt more tense in sections of it than in pretty much any game I can remember. Really enjoyed the concept and world it built too.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 11:12:18 pm »
it's a great game
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »
Finished it back at the start of COVID, it's fucking unreal.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: January 3, 2022, 11:00:05 am »
Can't believe I've only just started this. What a game.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2022, 11:06:33 am »
Can't believe I've only just started this. What a game.
So many seem to have slept on it, I think.

I probably only played it as it came free one month, but it's in my top 10 games of the generation.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #11 on: January 3, 2022, 11:39:39 am »
Yeah I smashed it in about three days, to say it was nothing but QTEs I absolutely loved it.

I think I got the good ending.
Spoiler
I was all for the peaceful uprising so I didn't kill anyone as Markus and I kept bungling the investigations as Connor, just focussing on being Hank's buddy. I'm gonna play again as a total c*nt Markus and have Connor be a good cop and actually solve the crimes and try to dob in the robots, see what happens.
[close]
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.