Author Topic: Spyin' Kop: Fulham v Liverpool Sat 4 April  (Read 9339 times)

Offline Texas Reds Fan

• The first to learn about Project: Rename LFC
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
Spyin' Kop: Fulham v Liverpool Sat 4 April
« on: April 2, 2009, 12:37:28 am »

Fulham v Liverpool

Craven Cottage, 4 April, 1730 kickoff

Fulham Honours

League
Football League First Division 1 - 2001
Football League Third Division 2 - 1949, 1999
Football League Fourth Division 1 - 1932
Southern League First Division 2 - 1905-06, 1906-07
Southern League Second Division 2 - 1902, 1903

Cups
FA Cup
Runners Up - 1975
Semi Finals - 1908, 1936, 1958, 1962, 2002

League Cup
Quarter Finals - 1968, 1971, 2000, 2001, 2005

Anglo-Scottish Cup
Runners Up - 1975

Intertoto Cup
Winners - 2002

Other
West London Cup - 1886
West London Observer Cup - 1891
London Challenge Cup - 1910

For the past few seasons, Liverpool's spring travels have included a trip to the West London venue of Craven Cottage. This season is no different, as this Saturday Liverpool are again hosted by Fulham. There are marked differences regarding the seasons of the two teams to this point, however.

Liverpool enter the match on a stunning run of form. Consecutive thrashings of Real Madrid, Manchester United and Aston Villa have produced ripples throughout the sporting world, but more importantly have served to rejuvenate the team's title hopes.

Fulham, meanwhile, can boast an unlikely league defeat of Manchester United before the international break, as well as a respectable 40 points with eight games to play. Though seemingly safe from the drop, they'll be out to prove their win a fortnight ago was no fluke.

Thanks to all who replied at Fulham's message boards.

--

What are your thoughts on the season so far?

Mr Moon: It's been a top season for us. Haven't scored too many but we are a rock at the back. It seems alot of the players are enjoying themselves and we can thank them and Hodgson for our fantastic season so far.
JBH: Excellent season after last years battle against relegation, Roy Hodgson has developed the team into a tough battling side that also play good football.
Karlheinzriedle: It's frustrating. We pick up great points away - Arsenal, Liverpool - and some good results at home - Beating United + Arsenal and drawing with Chelsea, and drop stupid points against Hull Blackburn and the like. Hodgson has shown both tactical nous and ineptitude - in particular his odd subsititution policy (i.e. not using any til it's too late) and some signings have ranged from questionable - in fee (Johnson - £8.5m is still too much), or return (£4.2 Zamora, £2m Stoor). I'm happy with him, but it's been frustrating
FTID: Fantastic, considering we were practically gone this time last year.
11/05/08...The Great Escape: It's been a great season so far. Started well but than died off a bit especially losing to WBA away. No relegation battle this season which shall be good and we are competetive for a European spot (Though I think we will just miss out)
JOE#4 : Been absolutely fantastic so far.

What's been the biggest difference between this season and last?

Mr Moon: Our defence
JBH: The manager, RH proved his worth by keeping us up last season and this season you can see the difference he has made.
Karlheinzriedle: Our manager can complete a sentence without looking like a idiot/blaming the ref (in Sanchez's case, simueltaneously) - and Hangeland has transformed from a lanky bambi on ice to a top class defender
FTID: 11 players, playing week in, week out and a manager who understands football
11/05/08...The Great Escape: Better manager, Better players and a rock solid defence which has been probably the best defence we have had for decades.
JOE#4 : Roy Hodgeson! Very simple answer. He's got us playing decent football unlike under the previous manager.

What's your opinion of international breaks?

Mr Moon: As much as i would like for clubs to continue playing during the break, it won't happen now as the league is deemed far too important due to the financial rewards of a good finish. Pointless friendlies aren't helpful though.
JBH: They are an unwanted distraction from the Premiership, especially at this stage of the season, managers need to be working wth the players all the time duriong the run in and most teams can ill afford injuries to key players.
Karlheinzriedle: Good to stop players getting tired out too quickly. But to be honest, these constant "club vs country" stories bore me endlessly.
FTID: Premiership games should still be played, so teams like Liverpool have to put out their reserves against us!
11/05/08...The Great Escape: Gives us small squads a bit of a break, so good in my opinion. Though it is not always enthralling when watching England play.
JOE#4 : As long as our players come back without any injuries I don't care. The timing of these latest fixtures is a bit odd going into the final run in.

Do you expect any dip in form following this one, especially considering the famous win a few weeks ago over that one team down the road from us?

Mr Moon: We have a hard run in which could go either way. I'm not one for predicting correct outcomes but we can't expect to win them all so a top 10 finish would be realistic.
JBH: Who knows, it depends if any players pick up injuries, aswell Liverpool fans know with the injuries Torres picks up whilst on internatioonal duty. Personally I think it will be the same for both sides.
Karlheinzriedle: Yes. We'll probably lose to Stoke (no, not being sarcastic). Our season has been "boom-bust" in general
FTID: We've got a tough run in, and if the players really start to tire, it could be difficult
11/05/08...The Great Escape: I am sceptical about this one and it is normally a Fulhamish thing to do to beat a team like Man United and than lose the next game. But you're on amazing form at the moment and we are still buzzing after that Man United win so should be a close one.
JOE#4 : I don't expect a dip in form as Hodgeson has been so consistent in his methodology in the way he prepares the squad, regardless of the time available. Although would prefer to have had more time going up against one of the 'big 4'.

It's a given that Danny Murphy's been your best player this season, so, apart from him, which other player has notably excelled?

Mr Moon: I'm sure i speak for alot of fans when if i mention Brede Hangeland but it should not go unnoticed that Aaron Hughes has also been a rock at the back. He was average at best last season but has come on leaps and bounds with Hangeland beside him. So full credit to both.
JBH:  I have to disagree about Murphy being Fulham's best player so far this season, I feel that honour should go to Brede Hangerland, but Danny has been different class this season especially after Bullards departure, hwe now has the freedom to get forward as he does'nt have to babysit anymore.
Karlheinzriedle: Erm, hardly been our best. He's had a good 'un, but John Paintsil, Aaron Hughes and Hangeland have ben far and away the top three players. Murphs is good but some panicky moments abound, and he is much less effective after the 70minute mark
FTID: Hangeland, Hughes, Pantsil
11/05/08...The Great Escape: Clint Dempsey has been the biggest improver to be honest. Now an integral part of our midfield
JOE#4 : Nice touch that, are you saying that simply because he opened the scoring against Manure or have you been watching a lot of our games? Apart from Super Dan, I'd say Aaron Hughes, he doesn't get the credit he deserves; Hangeland is the CB that goes up to challenge for the ball in the air but Hughes has done a fantastic job sweeping up any danger behind that, he's kept pace with and snuffed out the threat of players like Ashley Young and Ronaldo.

Which player has been your worst?

Mr Moon: 'Worst' would be an unfair description for any player in a squad that is doing so well this season. Disappointing might be more appropriate and that would have to be Simon Davies. He is very gifted and was our player of the season last year but due to Hodgson's tight defensive tactics, he hasn't been able to be his attacking self and rekindle last season's form.
JBH: Honestly? None of them, they have all played a part in the clubs turn around.
Karlheinzriedle: Frederick Stoor, Toni Kallio, Seol Ki--Hyeon... that's about it really. Zamora and Gera look shaky
FTID: I'd have liked to have seen more goals from Davies and Zamora, but they've both played reasonably well, so no-one really. Andy Johnson, although a good player, has struggled to justify 10M
11/05/08...The Great Escape: Would've been Gera a couple weeks ago but that goal against Man United has maybe shown he has promise after all.
JOE#4 : I don't think there has been any player that I'd want to pick out as being our worst this season; they have played well as a team to get us up in to the top half of the table, and not many people outside SW6 predicted that at the start of the season. Having said that there are positions that I'd like to see strengthened over the summer - but again I don't want to openly criticise any of our players.

What are your thoughts on Jimmy Bullard's depature and subsequent injury?

Mr Moon: £5m for a greedy 30 year old with a dodgy knee, no more needs to be said.
JBH: He left because Fulham would not commit to giving him a long term contract, he threw his toys out of his pram and left for the fisrt club that would meet his demands. We have not really missed him and as for the latest injury, I think it shows that Fulham have been prooved right not to have offered him a new contract.
Karlheinzriedle: The departure was hardly surprising. I thank him for the excellent service he gave Fulham, which only a few bitter people could deny. Wish he could havestayed, but footballers do, granted need to get the best they can take. He shouldn't have said anything after he'd left though. Wish you well, Jimmy
FTID: Don't you mean Bu££ard?
11/05/08...The Great Escape: Slagging our team off and than gets six months injury with subsequently his team hit terrible form and are in a relegation battle. One word...Karma
JOE#4 : I understand why he wanted to go, given the club's stance on extending his contract, don't think anyone can really begrudge him wanting to get one last big 'payday' contract. When he was here he was a fans favourite and a very likeable character, who got the media talking about Fulham. I feel sorry for him with his injury, but I'm glad we got £5m before he broke down on Hull's books.

Which Liverpool player do you fear the most?

Mr Moon: Who to chose. You've got a squad full of top players who all excel at different things. I'm a bit Riera fan but he will be up against Paintsil who could easily keep him out of the game. Without going for the obvious ones, i would say Kuyt. He works hard every time i see him and i think Konchesky will have a torrid time chasing his shadow.
JBH: Torres, a natural goal scorer who on his day can hurt any team in the world.
Karlheinzriedle: Tough one. Torres most likely, because he scores goals for fun
FTID: Gerrard will always make things happen, and he really wants the title.
11/05/08...The Great Escape: Without a doubt Gerrard.
JOE#4 : Alonso, I think he's one of the classiest midfielders in the game today. Or Reina, he gets a stupid amount of assists for your lot - long ball?

Where do you expect Fulham and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

Mr Moon: Fulham, top 10. Liverpool, second.
JBH: Fulham will hopefully finish in the top 10, as for Liverpool, I think it will be 2nd, Rafa will rotate their players because of the Champions League and therefore I feel they will drop points.
Karlheinzriedle: Hope Liverpool win (Always liked 'em - best season was 00-01 when you got the "treble" and Fulham got promoted), but 2nd is most likely, Fulham in 9th
FTID: 10th, 2nd
11/05/08...The Great Escape: I would love you to win it, but can't see Man United losing it. 2nd and 9th.
JOE#4 : Current positions.

Which teams will be relegated this season?

Mr Moon: West Brom, Boro and hopefully Newcastle.
JBH: WBA, Middlesborough and Newcastle
Karlheinzriedle: WBA, Middlesborough, Stoke
FTID: WBA, Boro, hopefully Blackburn/Hull
11/05/08...The Great Escape: WBA, Newcastle and Middlesbrough.
JOE#4 : In an ideal world: Chelsea, Spuds and Newcastle. In reality: West Brom, 'boro and Blackburn

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Mr Moon: Our usual eleven. Schwarzer, Konchesky, Hangeland, Hughes, Paintsil, Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey, Davies, Zamora, Johnson. Hodgson is very consistent in his tactics.
JBH: Depending on players fitness when they return from internationl duty, I would expect RH to field our usual one, but I also expect Giles Barnes to make his debut during this game.
Karlheinzriedle: Our strongest.It's all we've got. A very thin squad. So Schwarzer, Paintsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konch, Murphs, Etuhu, Davies, Dempsey, Zamora, Johnson
FTID: The only line-up Roy seems to be able to put out, regardless of form or fatigue.
JOE#4 : The same as we always do, no need to change anything. Wouldn't be too upset if Rafa decided to 'rest' Gerrard and Torres

How will the match play out Saturday?

Mr Moon: Hopefully a good performance from our lads and a standing ovation by both supporters for Danny Murphy.
JBH: Fulham to take an early lead and go on to win 2 - 1 after a tense 90 minutes.
Karlheinzriedle: A tight 1-0 either way.
FTID: After a couple of scares, you'll nick it 2-1/2-0
11/05/08...The Great Escape: As KHR said, a tight 1-0 either way.
JOE#4 : I've got a feeling that it'll be a 1-1 draw. Hoping the international break has disturbed your run and also that your manager will already have one eye on the Champions League tie a few days later.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Spyin' Kop: Fulham v Liverpool Sat 4 April
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2009, 12:43:46 am »
Unlike the Villa fans, who came across as a bunch of small-time arrogant pricks, they seem like decent fans with a fair grasp of the game. As always a very good read and much appreciated.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2009, 12:44:11 am »
Good answers there, but still surprised how many people (our own fans included) seem to think Rafa has 'one eye on the Champions League' and that will harm our chances. It's become clear that Rafa wants to win EVERY competition he enters, which is absolutely right. He hasn't always had the squad to do it, but with Torres and Gerrard already fairly fresh at this stage and not much rotation taking place at the back I struggle to see why so many people think he's certain to rotate in the league.

There'll be changes at times but 2005-6 when we still had the FA Cup to go for was the least we rotated in a run in and also our best run in. Pretty sure that's why we rotate earlier in the season, so we have the option to keep a more settled side later on. We just haven't always been in contention at this stage.

That aside, they seem a decent bunch.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2009, 01:16:20 am »
Good bunch, as the others have said. Enjoyed that, cheers.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2009, 01:21:22 am »
Well done TRF.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2009, 01:30:22 am »
Good bunch, as the others have said. Enjoyed that, cheers.

Ditto, Thanks TRF - good read as usual.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2009, 01:47:47 am »
Best bunch of the season
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2009, 02:44:37 am »
Torres most likely, because he scores goals for fun
Haven't heard of our strikers being described as such for a long time.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2009, 02:50:10 am »
Interesting that just about everybody nominated Hangeland - yet not one mention of Schwarzer - who has been an absolute rock for them (and is currently in the best form of his career).

Keepers never get the respect they deserve, eh Pepe??
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Libertina Warbeck

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't you just love love?!
    • Libertina's Live Journal
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2009, 03:02:32 am »
I ENJOYED THAT! THANKS!!
"I am not thinking can we win the title, I am thinking we have to win the title."
--Fernando Torres

GILLET & HICKS GET THE F*** OUT OF OUR CLUB www.yanksout.com

Offline i6uuaq

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Hmm... what's this personal text thing, then?
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2009, 04:30:01 am »
Good answers there, but still surprised how many people (our own fans included) seem to think Rafa has 'one eye on the Champions League' and that will harm our chances. It's become clear that Rafa wants to win EVERY competition he enters,

that would be... one eye on the champion's league, and the other eye on the league, i suppose? ;D

nice of TheMoon to nominate Kuyt for "Most Feared Player".
"I've not seen it and I'm not being Arsene Wenger," Dalglish said. "If there's something untoward then I am sure the governing body will act appropriately."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2009, 04:48:27 am »
nice read, cheers to the fulham brigade :D

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2009, 05:50:22 am »
Interesting that just about everybody nominated Hangeland - yet not one mention of Schwarzer - who has been an absolute rock for them (and is currently in the best form of his career).

If Agger leaves and with Sami getting older, I wouldn't mind us gettign that Hangeland.

Seem a decent bunch these.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2009, 07:38:37 am »
Cantwaitfortheleaguetostartthissaturday.  Thanks TRF.  Fulham fans seem like a good bunch, wonder what they'd make of the N'Gog loan rumours for next season.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2009, 08:03:19 am »
Great answers there, bloody looking forward to the league starting up again after this crap international rubbish.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2009, 08:06:10 am »

JBH: Fulham to take an early lead and go on to win 2 - 1 after a tense 90 minutes.
Karlheinzriedle: A tight 1-0 either way.

11/05/08...The Great Escape: As KHR said, a tight 1-0 either way.

JOE#4 : I've got a feeling that it'll be a 1-1 draw. Hoping the international break has disturbed your run and also that your manager will already have one eye on the Champions League tie a few days later.

Hope their going to get a shock ...

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2009, 08:15:18 am »
Is it me or did Karlheinzriedle seem excessively negative about Hodgson, considering the season they're having and the result they've just had?
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2009, 08:17:33 am »
Nice to read a set of fans with balances views, it will definitely be a tight game.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline i6uuaq

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Hmm... what's this personal text thing, then?
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2009, 08:22:23 am »
i say skrtel the turtle, there must be quite a story behind your custom title... ;D
"I've not seen it and I'm not being Arsene Wenger," Dalglish said. "If there's something untoward then I am sure the governing body will act appropriately."

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2009, 08:45:02 am »

Mr Moon: ...Without going for the obvious ones, i would say Kuyt. He works hard every time i see him and i think Konchesky will have a torrid time chasing his shadow.
JOE#4 : Alonso, I think he's one of the classiest midfielders in the game today. Or Reina, he gets a stupid amount of assists for your lot - long ball?
Nice to see that at least other supporters can see there's more to Liverpool FC than Torres and Gerrard.

Offline Ratzer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2009, 09:39:44 am »
Seems like decent lads all right....

hoonin

« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2009, 09:55:39 am »

What a lovely looking football trophy that is.

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2009, 10:16:11 am »
Good read that. Thanks for your efforts. :)
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 10:52:30 am by kmo1969 »
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2009, 10:45:55 am »

I've always thought it looked a bit tacky myself.. not that I'll be saying that should Stevie list it come May!!

always prefered the old League trophy though..

Thanks for that TRF, really enjoyed that selection of responses. Seem like a sound bunch the Fulham lot, and they hate Chelsea, which can't be bad!
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline sixpackred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: April 2, 2009, 10:48:22 am »
Fantastic read, thanks for the effort. Hope these lads get some Euro action next season.
"There are things to sort out with the owners and the sale of the club. It is not in the hands of the players but, once we are done with all that, let's build a proper team with a proper squad that is competitive. Maybe then we can start to fight for bigger targets."

Pepe Reina / May 01, 2010

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
« Reply #25 on: April 2, 2009, 10:57:00 am »

Honestly? I think it's foul. But anyway, as many have said they seem an intelligent bunch which is refreshing.
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2009, 11:41:12 am »
Well done and seem a nice bunch

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27 on: April 2, 2009, 12:03:54 pm »
thanks TRF, nice read. roll on the weekend

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28 on: April 2, 2009, 12:13:48 pm »
Good work and a good read. Cheers for putting together. Was it Andy@Allerton who kept banging on about hating Fulham for rolling over against United?

Personally have a good bit of time for Fulham, them and West Ham are about the only London clubs that I don't mind.

Offline BigDonga

• Serial Avatar Perv who digs blue chicks with tails
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: April 2, 2009, 12:16:20 pm »
great post as usual TRF
always liked fulham supporters
Rafa tried to buy everyone.  :)
In fact, Rafa spotted Messi as a dollop of sperm but couldn't get the money from H+G.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 2, 2009, 12:23:53 pm »
Enjoyed that- thanks. Good answers by this lot, even though the Danny Murphy joke was lost on a few of them  :D
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 2, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
Great read that, they sound like a good set of fans.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 2, 2009, 08:10:13 pm »
good lads, hope they get into europe......minusthree points on saturday ofcourse
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #33 on: April 2, 2009, 09:22:23 pm »
Nice read, thanks. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red Pat

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: April 2, 2009, 10:20:33 pm »
I had another volunteer for the questionnaire and the Fulham lad wanted me to post his responses too, from LBNo11

What are your thoughts on the season so far?
A far better season with a proper football manager, we now have a team that is gaining respect in the league(s) for our performances. A prolific goalscorer would be nice, but you guys in the top four or five can always get the pick of those available to sit on the reserves benches.

What's been the biggest difference between this season and last?
We have more points than we finished with last season! As stated we have a proper manager, a team that works together, a club that has started to believe in itself.

What's your opinion of international breaks?
Friendlies at this stage in the season are a waste of time, an opportunity for players to get injured, this affects the players from clubs with smaller squads moreso than large squads, but nevertheless it can crock an important player, no matter what team he plays for - and for what reason? Watching an England team without a Fulham player holds little interest to me though.

Do you expect any dip in form following this one, especially considering the famous win a few weeks ago over that
one team down the road from us?

Well we were in the middle of our best run, our first away win of the season, and defeating your main rivals, at the same time exposing them for what they are. Great players, bad examples, sir red nose obviously moulded them in his own image - quite fitting then that they were defeated by our Craven Idols.

It's a given that Danny Murphy's been your best player this season, so, apart from him, which other player has
notably excelled?

Murphs is quality, but your natural bias may not be ageed with by all the Fulham fans, certainly he has improved now that the clown prince and ball magnet no longer gets in his way. Brede Hangeland, Clint Dempsey (ignore him at your peril), John Pantsil, Mark Schwarzer, well I could go on, they have all been our best players this season - apart from one.

Which player has been your worst?

And that one is Seol - a lovely bloke I have no doubt, but a premiership footballer? Your 'avin' a bubble.

What are your thoughts on Jimmy Bullard's depature and subsequent injury?

Who?

As ever, the ones who play in red shirts.

Where do you expect Fulham and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

As much as it pains me, sir red nose and his arrogant and petulany posers will win the title but it will be close, but it is a different division within the league, as long as the other team in SW6 get diddly - I'm happy. Fulham? 12th or 13th will be good compared to last season, but should we beat you on Saturday we could be threatening your neighbours from across Stanley Park for a Euro spot.

Which teams will be relegated this season?

The ones with the least number of accumulated points! The yo-yo Baggies are all but down, Boro will struggle with their chairman using Southgate as a scapegoat and Harding's barcodes could be the surprise package. Stike will survive by shher hard graft.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

The same team as we have played when injury free as we have all through the season, on their day a formidable unit.

You have more to lose than us, we can be a thorn in your side and have gained a lot of points off of the top five clubs this season, we are gaining in confidence and certainly deserve more respect nowadays. You want this bad, three points to put you temporarily at the top will be a psychological blow to Man Utd, will the odd defensive error make the difference for us to gain the advantage? Either way it will not be the exhibition match like last seasons 0-3, a 1-0 score to one of us I think (even though I have this down as a 1-3 win to you, but there again I had a 1-3 win to Man Utd too, and we know what a famous victory we had that game).

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #35 on: April 2, 2009, 10:26:46 pm »
Good read, nice one.

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2009, 01:57:00 pm »
Nice one, TRF. Always enjoy reading these. Seem like a decent bunch of fans for once.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

royhendo

« Reply #37 on: April 3, 2009, 09:29:18 pm »
Good effort TRF, cheers. :)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 3, 2009, 10:38:15 pm »
Enjoyable and fair read that, decent set of fans. Well done mate.
Yep.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #39 on: April 3, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »
Good read with some good answers. Thanks
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.