Author Topic: FA Cup Final: Liverpool 0 v 0 Chelsea AET Liverpool win 5-6 on pens  (Read 49713 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: FA Cup Final: Liverpool 0 v 0 Chelsea AET Liverpool win 5-6 on pens
« Reply #960 on: May 17, 2022, 02:15:19 pm »
Sorry for probably a stupid question, but was the anthem booing just a general expression of disdain for the UK establishment or more closely Hillsborough related - or probably both?
I remember leaning to sing God Save our Gracious Team back in the 60s. Probably how I learned the actual official words.  I know we sang over it in 74. We certainly sang over the soft bastard in the white coat who was trying to get us to sing maudlin music hall shite like “My old Man” and all that Flanagan and Allen Stuff.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #961 on: May 17, 2022, 02:17:32 pm »
Unbelievable how much traction the booing of the anthem has got. People frothing at the mouth the country over.

10 out of 10 - would boo again!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: May 17, 2022, 02:19:42 pm »
I want to see videos of The Real Thing being sung! Heard it on the post match TAW show but otherwise not seen anything of it.

That was Ace Nick. Forgot about that being sung.

I was pleasantly surprised how many of the young lads and lasses were singing it and knew all the words.

Easy for Auld fuckers like me. :)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #963 on: May 17, 2022, 02:51:14 pm »
Unbelievable how much traction the booing of the anthem has got. People frothing at the mouth the country over.

Usually I am not arsed with the Community Shield, but I can’t wait for next seasons’ just for this  ;D  The anthem booing is going to make the FA cup final booing seem amateurish.

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #964 on: May 17, 2022, 02:54:04 pm »
The Anfield wrap mentioned that some thought they were playing God Save the Queen and then it was so noisy, that was the end of it. I've seen Yorky and others post about the beauty of abide with me, and it's moving for sure at the Hillsborough memorial. I'm sure we've got a fair few methodist reds, my wife's family from Dingle and Garston would be belting this out with gusto (about 60 years ago!).
But I'm sure most of our fans now have very little connection to it, as far back as the and 80s it wasn't really sung by us, I don't think it means anything to us, we have You'll Never Walk Alone and all our other boss anthems, we have our own King and we aren't really arsed about the English ones, we're such a global club.

I've sung it to myself at every FA Cup Final for 50 years although Saturday was only my second in real life. I agree some people probably thought it was God Save the Queen. Abide with me brings a tear to my eye, don't know why as I'm not religious.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: May 17, 2022, 02:59:42 pm »

Job done by the RW press.
Who cares about record fuel prices, double figure inflation, a corrupt lying Government, a disastrous Brexit etc.

Funny how the national and international fanbase is overlooked when there's the opportunity to demonise Scousers.

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: May 17, 2022, 03:09:16 pm »
I remember leaning to sing God Save our Gracious Team back in the 60s. Probably how I learned the actual official words.  I know we sang over it in 74. We certainly sang over the soft bastard in the white coat who was trying to get us to sing maudlin music hall shite like “My old Man” and all that Flanagan and Allen Stuff.

I have a vague recollection that it was Bruce Forsyth who led, or tried to lead, the 'community singing' in 1974.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #967 on: May 17, 2022, 03:11:21 pm »

preposterous, I thought everybody in England was supporting Liverpool! You can feel the love coming out of their pores.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #968 on: May 17, 2022, 03:11:29 pm »
Sorry for probably a stupid question, but was the anthem booing just a general expression of disdain for the UK establishment or more closely Hillsborough related - or probably both?
I don't think the two can be separated really. The establishment actively covered up what really happened at Hillsborough and has made sure those responsible have never been brought to justice.

The media supporters of the establishment trashed the reputation of both the survivors and the dead and printed blatant lies on front pages. Much of the establishment-loving public waded in and have been landing kicks and punches ever since.

Add all this to the establishment's political party waging war on our city for decades and you have what happened on Saturday.

The thing is, this city, on the whole, sees right through the establishment, the Tories and their treacherous scumbaggery. We see them, and they know we see them. That's why they fear us, and because they fear us, they have a pop at us at any given opportunity.

Edited for autospell fuck ups.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 03:14:12 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: May 17, 2022, 03:12:38 pm »
Job done by the RW press.
Who cares about record fuel prices, double figure inflation, a corrupt lying Government, a disastrous Brexit etc.

Funny how the national and international fanbase is overlooked when there's the opportunity to demonise Scousers.

Boo the Italian anthem, that's fine and dandy, boo a dirge about a billionaire who doesn't give a fuck about you and its chaos
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: May 17, 2022, 03:24:11 pm »
Boo the Italian anthem, that's fine and dandy, boo a dirge about a billionaire who doesn't give a fuck about you and its chaos
Very true Rob, foreign anthems are fair game for the little englander RW tabloids.

The thing I didn't word too clearly was that we get criticised for being a tourist club, OOTs get criticised for not supporting their local team, but it's just the scousers that boo them anthem. According to the press, at times like this all our support has purple bins.

As well as taking the opportunity to have a go at Scousers, they just don't want to admit that it's just us that feel this way about the establishment.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #971 on: May 17, 2022, 03:29:34 pm »
I have a vague recollection that it was Bruce Forsyth who led, or tried to lead, the 'community singing' in 1974.

Was he the special guest.
Edit; by Jove I think I recall that. He got drowned out as well.
The way my memory is going, Im probably confusing it with a trip to the butchers!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 03:34:59 pm by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #972 on: May 17, 2022, 03:44:42 pm »
Very true Rob, foreign anthems are fair game for the little englander RW tabloids.

The thing I didn't word too clearly was that we get criticised for being a tourist club, OOTs get criticised for not supporting their local team, but it's just the scousers that boo them anthem. According to the press, at times like this all our support has purple bins.

As well as taking the opportunity to have a go at Scousers, they just don't want to admit that it's just us that feel this way about the establishment.

The thing is Klopp nailed it. Politicians should be asking why people are disaffected with the establishment, not criticising the people for showing their disaffection.
It’s all very fascist. Like that idiot of a Tory woman calling for those responsible to be tracked down and punished. Presumably she would like us to do preseason in Rwanda, transport and accommodation thrown in.
I’m not joking. When you actually look  at these gobshites, they are the sort who wanted Moseley to take over like Hitler, including our own King Edward VIII.
The obsession with flags and patriotism and the fetishisation of the military are key elements of fascism. Look how the likes of Jonny Mercer and others wrap themselves in his military service as a shield from criticism.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #973 on: May 17, 2022, 03:44:44 pm »

People ought to realise this ... it's nothing to do with what got booed.  It's simply the fact that is was US!   End of.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: May 17, 2022, 03:50:28 pm »
The thing is Klopp nailed it. Politicians should be asking why people are disaffected with the establishment, not criticising the people for showing their disaffection.
It’s all very fascist. Like that idiot of a Tory woman calling for those responsible to be tracked down and punished. Presumably she would like us to do preseason in Rwanda, transport and accommodation thrown in.
I’m not joking. When you actually look  at these gobshites, they are the sort who wanted Moseley to take over like Hitler, including our own King Edward VIII.
The obsession with flags and patriotism and the fetishisation of the military are key elements of fascism. Look how the likes of Jonny Mercer and others wrap themselves in his military service as a shield from criticism.

Presumably she doesn't get so hot under the collar about lying to parliament, ignoring lockdown laws.
They do seem very keen on banning legitimate protest though!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #975 on: May 17, 2022, 04:01:03 pm »
Presumably she doesn't get so hot under the collar about lying to parliament, ignoring lockdown laws.
They do seem very keen on banning legitimate protest though!

When you realise that the Neo Nazis Bannon was advising Johnson and Trump about how to take power and retain it, and you see the way Trump tried to overthrow the election you have to worry about the voter ID suppression tactics as well as the Rwanda shit. Lefty lawyers, lefty judges as the enemy of the people and laments of society being demonised like the poor and the disabled, and now lefty Scouse layabouts. It’s all very much from Bannon’s version of the Nazi playbook.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #976 on: May 17, 2022, 05:00:13 pm »

According to an article in The Mirror she's a City fan (Karen Bradley).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: May 17, 2022, 05:09:16 pm »

New Conservative Party flag

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #978 on: May 17, 2022, 05:09:44 pm »
Haha I’ve just realised it’s the charity shield in 3 months.
BOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #979 on: May 17, 2022, 05:31:40 pm »

Was happening well before the 80s and Hillsborough (see the finals in 65, 71 and 74 for example).

The culture, treatment and experiences pre-WW2 set the cast for the contemporary identity. From the discrimination faced by those fleeing the Famine to having Irish nationalist T.P. O'Connor as MP to Churchill sending a gunboat up the Mersey in 1911.

There's a reason why for example you can find loads of people in the 1911 census (in the Scotland Road area in particular) that put Irish rather than British as their nationality even if they were born in England and were two generations or more removed from their families initially disembarking in Liverpool. The original Scouse not English if you will
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:34:02 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: May 17, 2022, 06:29:50 pm »

Like they give a fuck. We've just been a useful tool in the government's dead cat strategy (in conjunction with the Tory press) to deflect from the mounting disasters of their government, at a time of national crisis. It'll be the civil service again tomorrow or Keir Starmer shrunk my kid. Anything to keep their crises off the front page.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 06:31:30 pm by Fromola »

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: May 17, 2022, 07:23:24 pm »
According to an article in The Mirror she's a City fan (Karen Bradley).

In that case then she'd be wanting a public flogging to give the peasants a lesson they'll never forget.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #982 on: May 17, 2022, 07:28:39 pm »

;D
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #983 on: May 17, 2022, 07:40:24 pm »
Like they give a fuck. We've just been a useful tool in the government's dead cat strategy (in conjunction with the Tory press) to deflect from the mounting disasters of their government, at a time of national crisis. It'll be the civil service again tomorrow or Keir Starmer shrunk my kid. Anything to keep their crises off the front page.
This is it. They know full well why many Liverpool fans boo the establishment's dirge. It's just that they don't care. That won't stop them using this trivial incident to divert attention away from their rancid selves, of course.

The country is falling apart after many years of rule by the establishment's political party, but all they have to do is point to those damn Scousers exercising their right to freedom of speech and expression and they get much of the country foaming at the mouth with fake outrage.

It's amazing how they've turned this country into a right-wing version of Stepford Wives.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #984 on: May 17, 2022, 10:33:03 pm »

It’s hilarious because everyone’s offended on their behalf but I’m fairly certain the Queen or Prince Willy couldn’t give a shiny shite. All these right wing snowflakes eh. Offended by a few boos :lmao

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: May 18, 2022, 03:51:39 am »
Haha I’ve just realised it’s the charity shield in 3 months.
BOOOOOOOOOOO

ha ha  ;D

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: May 18, 2022, 04:00:12 am »
It’s hilarious because everyone’s offended on their behalf but I’m fairly certain the Queen or Prince Willy couldn’t give a shiny shite....

Exactly, she told Sven-Goran Eriksson that Michael Owen was her favourite player and she got the arl yellow coat out yesterday knowing we were playing away - Lizzie is a Red ! 
(it's not often we have links to Town and Country on here  ;D )

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2022, 07:14:37 am »
This is it. They know full well why many Liverpool fans boo the establishment's dirge. It's just that they don't care. That won't stop them using this trivial incident to divert attention away from their rancid selves, of course.

The country is falling apart after many years of rule by the establishment's political party, but all they have to do is point to those damn Scousers exercising their right to freedom of speech and expression and they get much of the country foaming at the mouth with fake outrage.

It's amazing how they've turned this country into a right-wing version of Stepford Wives.

The first thing a lot of people in this country do in the morning is wait for the Daily Mail, Rupert Murdoch, GB News, Frottage or Piers Moron to tell them who it is they need to be mad at today.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: May 18, 2022, 07:59:33 am »
Why were they booing? Gee, that's a great question.  Heck if I know. 

But, hmmm .    .     .  maybe start with 1847, and the one million Irish who died of famine?

Or maybe the dopey "world wars", that this Eastern European/Central Asian clan called the "British" and "European royals", and the bankers and others who are behind them, started so that they could send working class Brits, Germans and Russians to their deaths?

Or maybe the economic policies pursued by the same establishment, that forced Britons into poor houses, in the 19th century, and into the unemployment benefits line, in the 20th century?

Or maybe because the anthem evokes the puppet politicians and the puppet media, controlled by the same banking cartel and the military-industrial complex, pushing their latest breathless "war" to distract us from the slow collapse of the standard of living and the erosion of freedoms?

No?

Ok, I give up.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:24:10 am by FLRed67 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: May 23, 2022, 09:55:06 pm »
FA Cup Team of the Season  ;D

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: May 24, 2022, 03:50:07 am »
Great to see Minamino, Diaz, Tsimikas and Konate in that team. Getting past City and Chelsea at Wembley was great. An epic part of an epic season. Is there a team for the League Cup I wonder?

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #991 on: May 25, 2022, 07:10:18 pm »
I'm a bit late to the party on this.... but this win was a super way to bury the sad memories of the 2012 final. That was a game that we didn't turn up to until 80 mins had gone, and that was too late.

I remember thinking at the time that the gulf between the reds and Chelsea was sadly widening and not in our favour.
Ten years on and this feels a whole different ball game.

Let's bag another piece of silver this weekend red men!  8) 
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: May 25, 2022, 07:28:42 pm »
Yeah, I know it was decade ago but it still felt good to get some revenge for 2012. And while I can recall Carroll's goal and the one that just didn't cross the line, I can't remember their goals at all. Mad to think that was 10 years ago.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: May 25, 2022, 07:32:31 pm »
Yeah, I know it was decade ago but it still felt good to get some revenge for 2012. And while I can recall Carroll's goal and the one that just didn't cross the line, I can't remember their goals at all. Mad to think that was 10 years ago.

First goal, Ramirez drilled at Reina. Reina probably should've done better. Think he expected the effort to go to the far post.
Second was Drogba, obviously. Left footed, across the goal to the far post, like Reina expected from the first one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: May 25, 2022, 07:36:50 pm »
First goal, Ramirez drilled at Reina. Reina probably should've done better. Think he expected the effort to go to the far post.
Second was Drogba, obviously. Left footed, across the goal to the far post, like Reina expected from the first one.

I'll take your word for it, I've blanked them out of my mind and am quite happy with that :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.