Author Topic: Chess World Championship  (Read 56987 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Chess World Championship
« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2019, 07:24:18 pm »
That's one thing I don't get. That Fide rules say that you can't drink alcohol while playing. They've recently implemented or started to enforce that rule in our league. No idea why. Nothing better than sipping a beer while playing. ;)
I remember the stories the older guys in the club used to tell about the 80s and 90s. We had an old bloke in the club who liked a drink or two or ten. One time they had an away game and he turned up completely pissed. When they got to where they were supposed to play it was clear to everyone on the opposite team that he was whacked out of his mind and his opponent took the piss out of him and didn't take him seriously. In the end the completely pissed guy won the game... ;D

That's why they don't want players to drink  ;)

What if you get added wisdom  ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #361 on: June 28, 2019, 07:30:52 pm »
There are so many pricks that play chess. Why do people have a problem with clicking the resign button? That's what gets me. It's a noble act... but no... people pretend. They let the clock tick down... why? Do you not mind looking like a bell end? Click the resign button ffs... shake hands. Get a grip yeah?!

Yep.. Nobody knows why some people don't resign online.

What's also frustrating for me sometimes is my internet connection does me esp when I travel. I use a wifi hotspot, and it'd be excellently stable when I'm playing tactics and stuff. But when I play with a human, it'd let me play well into the middle game, even let me get a great advantage and a winning position and then it'd completely take my down. Losing your connection during winning positions really does you bad.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2019, 04:32:34 pm »
Anyone following Croatia Grand Chess Tour?

Nepo is 3 on 3 playing great stuff but seems to a bit in trouble against Karjakin.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2019, 12:13:45 am »
Yep.. Nobody knows why some people don't resign online.

What's also frustrating for me sometimes is my internet connection does me esp when I travel. I use a wifi hotspot, and it'd be excellently stable when I'm playing tactics and stuff. But when I play with a human, it'd let me play well into the middle game, even let me get a great advantage and a winning position and then it'd completely take my down. Losing your connection during winning positions really does you bad.

I could never play chess travelling. Postal chess maybe but I need a mouse.

I just don't get it with the resign thing at all. We're playing blitz/bullet pal! Played a great game the other day... s/he starts with Nf3 d4 2. Ne5? c4 3. Nxf7?!? I lost on time but liked the cut of his jib.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2019, 11:49:12 am »
I could never play chess travelling. Postal chess maybe but I need a mouse.

I just don't get it with the resign thing at all. We're playing blitz/bullet pal! Played a great game the other day... s/he starts with Nf3 d4 2. Ne5? c4 3. Nxf7?!? I lost on time but liked the cut of his jib.

Ha ha.. Sounds like a crazy game..

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2019, 11:51:11 am »
Anyone following Croatia Grand Chess Tour?

Nepo is 3 on 3 playing great stuff but seems to a bit in trouble against Karjakin.

He managed to draw this after he agreed a draw with Karjakin. Not sure why Karjakin didn't go for the kill.

I also followed Carlsen vs Mamedyarov and I have to say as reckless as Mamedyarov was against Nepo, this time he was brilliant against Carlsen. Even managed to have a positional advantage for a while, then Carlsen regained the advantage until the game finished a dead even draw. It's a classic for the ages.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2019, 03:02:18 pm »
It's strangely relaxing as well as educative watching Carlsen play Banter Blitz.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 5, 2019, 03:35:11 am »
It's strangely relaxing as well as educative watching Carlsen play Banter Blitz.

Played a Kings Indian the other day. Other fella freaked out I reckon ;D

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: July 5, 2019, 03:46:52 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ldV5qNvdFBU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ldV5qNvdFBU</a>

Shhluuuurp.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #369 on: July 7, 2019, 11:21:53 pm »
 ;D

This sort of shit happens only in Blitz though

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: July 8, 2019, 07:53:09 am »
;D

This sort of shit happens only in Blitz though

Blitz at least keeps some of the older opening gambits alive and well. Loved his King move back to g1 tho for the loss of a pawn.

I played e5 to e4 most of the time till recently... but faced too many Kings Gambits so switched until I sat down to get a better grip of the response. Had some good games of course because of the nature of the gambit, but need to spend a few hours on it which Ive yet to do. Won 50% of my games against it, never played it as white. Some players know it as white, some get undone pretty quickly. All I know what to do is accept the gambit then play d6 (Fischers 'busted flush' assessment)... after that I'm on my wits. If Kasparov is 52 deep in the Sicilian, I'm 2 deep in the Kings Gambit  8)

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: July 8, 2019, 09:36:57 am »
Blitz at least keeps some of the older opening gambits alive and well. Loved his King move back to g1 tho for the loss of a pawn.

It was a big deal when English players patronised the odd flank openings like the St George. However, the combination of quick internet games and youtube has led to a golden age of bad openings, where the aim isn't to contribute to the understanding of chess (chess engines have made that pursuit obsolete), but to establish bragging rights for being able to win whilst offering bantz odds, ie. hustling for cred rather than money. Webcams to record verbal banter whilst streaming adds to this culture. Magnus Carlsen is the perfect champion for this age.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #372 on: July 8, 2019, 11:16:49 am »

I played e5 to e4 most of the time till recently... but faced too many Kings Gambits so switched until I sat down to get a better grip of the response. Had some good games of course because of the nature of the gambit, but need to spend a few hours on it which Ive yet to do. Won 50% of my games against it, never played it as white. Some players know it as white, some get undone pretty quickly. All I know what to do is accept the gambit then play d6 (Fischers 'busted flush' assessment)... after that I'm on my wits. If Kasparov is 52 deep in the Sicilian, I'm 2 deep in the Kings Gambit  8)

;D

I've never tried it as white as well. I'm a d4 player, so it's Queen's Gambit for me.

I always play c5 to e4. For that reason, when I play black, it's never a sharp line, it's always closed, I develop my pieces and put up a pawn chain, take it to the middle game and see what happens. Plenty of times, I play waiting moves & oppo makes a mistake. Surprisingly it works in blitz a lot of time, a lot more than I thought it would, since I've always been advised never to play closed lines in blitz games.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #373 on: July 8, 2019, 11:36:39 am »
It was a big deal when English players patronised the odd flank openings like the St George. However, the combination of quick internet games and youtube has led to a golden age of bad openings, where the aim isn't to contribute to the understanding of chess (chess engines have made that pursuit obsolete), but to establish bragging rights for being able to win whilst offering bantz odds, ie. hustling for cred rather than money. Webcams to record verbal banter whilst streaming adds to this culture. Magnus Carlsen is the perfect champion for this age.

Spot on. For that reason, I quite liked the recent Croatian Grand Chess Tour, where we saw the current giants in the game play some complicated positions and quality openings, there were a lot of properly contested games, not many stupid early draws, even a lot of draws were tightly contested. I'm a fan of classic chess, so that's what you'll hear from me  :)

Nakamura is one of the best in blitz, but in classical he's probably 'just'  :D Top 10. Likewise Caruana is 2nd best in classical, but not as good in blitz. Carlsen is an exception in that he excels in both versions, he's a freak of nature.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: July 9, 2019, 10:20:03 pm »
Played and lost (on time) an 84 move 2min+1s bullet match today. Think that's my record. B+P+K (me) v K too. Fun when you get one of those.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #375 on: July 9, 2019, 10:33:53 pm »
Played and lost (on time) an 84 move 2min+1s bullet match today. Think that's my record. B+P+K (me) v K too. Fun when you get one of those.

Ha ha.. That sounds great.

I've never played an 84 move game in blitz, let alone bullet  :D

I've just realized I've never played an 84 game in any version. That is crazy. I have had some long dragging games of 60 moves in tournaments. But online, I don't get past 40-50. Either finish them, get them to resign or I resign. One of those always happens.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:36 am »
Bullet sorry... i always call it blitz. Blitz sounds more chaotic. Was one of those tricky endings with a pawn on the a file plus one Bishop against a King.. was about 3 moves from ending it after thrashing around with a rolled up newspaper.

I think the pro Bullet tournaments should be done with a computer and mouse... set up like Battleships or something, instead of watching pieces scatter all over the place (although I'd miss that too).

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2019, 09:38:29 am »
Spot on. For that reason, I quite liked the recent Croatian Grand Chess Tour, where we saw the current giants in the game play some complicated positions and quality openings, there were a lot of properly contested games, not many stupid early draws, even a lot of draws were tightly contested. I'm a fan of classic chess, so that's what you'll hear from me  :)

Nakamura is one of the best in blitz, but in classical he's probably 'just'  :D Top 10. Likewise Caruana is 2nd best in classical, but not as good in blitz. Carlsen is an exception in that he excels in both versions, he's a freak of nature.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientBenevolentBasenjiNinjaGrumpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfZpqg01fk

Svidler: "The Tromp is I think an early indication that I'm not going to be getting very many theoretical discussions today."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_6Zl1jNWYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGxQVkGZxm8

Nakamura's attempt at the bong cloud. Andrew Tang again the victim.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2019, 11:14:19 pm »
1. e4 c5
2. d4

Usually as black I take the pawn here with a bit of anger ;D But during lunch decided to pause before taking. These are the little things I love about blitz/bullet. Little signals you can send.

2... cxd4
3 Qxd4 Nf6

Always 3... Nf6

4. e5?

I win here. Have never played this e4 c5 d4 thing as white. Looks shit ugly to me.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2019, 11:19:11 pm »
Does anyone here remember the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS)?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2019, 11:20:27 pm »
... have also got to remember that if 4... Nc3 Qc3 5. e6! threatening Bb4 pinning Queen.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2019, 11:23:59 pm »
Does anyone here remember the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS)?

It rings a bell. I used to play 10 min blitz on icc.queen.chessclub.sji or something. That was the only free service I could find. I never played on Yahoo. Was gutted when they dropped that. Didn't play for years after.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2019, 02:56:34 pm »
1. e4 c5
2. d4

Usually as black I take the pawn here with a bit of anger ;D But during lunch decided to pause before taking. These are the little things I love about blitz/bullet. Little signals you can send.

2... cxd4
3 Qxd4 Nf6

Always 3... Nf6

4. e5?

I win here. Have never played this e4 c5 d4 thing as white. Looks shit ugly to me.

I've seen a lot of players play d4 to me after my c5, it's white's way of trying to prevent a pawn chain that often comes from a Sicilian. I do agree that it's a bit ugly, but it's a legit tactic for white. I never capture though. I support that pawn with whatever I can keep building on, so eventually they capture and lose their control in middle. But it might be hard to play those lines in a blitz.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2019, 06:26:10 pm »
It rings a bell. I used to play 10 min blitz on icc.queen.chessclub.sji or something. That was the only free service I could find. I never played on Yahoo. Was gutted when they dropped that. Didn't play for years after.

The Internet Chess Server (ICS) was the original. When its admin took his software to form the Internet Chess Club (ICC), users of the ICS redid the server as the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS). I used to play it over telnet, with an ascii board and lots of lag. I can't remember what the standard timings were. 5 0 (5 minutes starting, 0 seconds added per move) was conventional blitz. IIRC my favourite timing may have been 2 10.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2019, 11:34:58 pm »
before i go to bed I like to listen to live Velvet Underground and play chess. Let's see what you've got...

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2019, 07:26:44 am »
before i go to bed I like to listen to live Velvet Underground and play chess. Let's see what you've got...

I've got Revolver, Rubber Soul and Sergeant Pepper. Are we talking about what albums we've got?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2019, 09:05:11 am »
I've got Revolver, Rubber Soul and Sergeant Pepper. Are we talking about what albums we've got?

No, let's not do that... we could be here all day ;D

Just a particular version of I'm Waiting For The Man I hadn't heard before (I don't think) has been rolling around these last few days and felt particularly apt while waiting for an opponent.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u9H_JvKRSUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u9H_JvKRSUc</a>

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2019, 05:01:26 pm »
The other day I was faced with this position as white. Bullet (2m+1s). Unusually for my 1. Nf3 idea I sling up my h pawn (to h5) quite early but nevertheless, in a bullet game, the temptation to crash into h6 with the bishop proved too great. I went on to win, but going thru the game afterwards my computer analysis showed a score of -1.81 after Bxh6. Not so good. With my knight on a slighty odd g3 square, my idea of deflecting the knight on f6 with Nh5 (Nxh5 Qh7#) + having the threat of Qg7# felt a worthy one.

Computer analysis suggests Bxh6 gxh6, Qxh6 Qa5+. My opponent played Qd6 and I win soon after. BUT!... unusually for my analysis program... it kinda freaks out... jumping from -1.5 to + 1.75 after thinking for 20/30 seconds with the queen sat on a5+. Against any defense it seems, including bringing back the black queen to f8... white ends up at +5.81.

So... was Bxh6 the correct move after all?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:04:02 pm by Filler. »

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2019, 06:09:05 pm »
1. Bxh6 gxh6
2. Qxh6 Qa5+
3. Ke2 Rd8
4. c5

How does it continue from there?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2019, 06:23:24 pm »
Instead of 4. c5 it wants to play Kf1  :-\ and shows as -0.66. After 4. c5 it pops back to -2.52 wanting to play Qb4 (which I don't like!). It does suggest 3. Kd1 tho at -1.49... then after 3... Rd8 it sticks at around -1.5 then suddenly goes to -0.08 after 4. d5! Now after 4 d5 it suggests Qa4+ with a score of 0 (zero). But after Qa4+ b3 then Qb4 it goes to + 1.6.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2019, 02:28:06 am »
I use a free online analysis whatsit (https://analysis.cpuchess.com/) so it's not exactly AlphaZero... but this position has weirded me out. No matter what I eventually try... it suddenly zooms into a positive position... from 1.2 to +5.68 after 35 seconds of thought at times which is very unusual. Allowing the rook to enter on the e-file being important.May need to tweet agadmator with it. Find it intriguing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:33:19 am by Filler. »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2019, 10:45:29 am »
The other day I was faced with this position as white. Bullet (2m+1s). Unusually for my 1. Nf3 idea I sling up my h pawn (to h5) quite early but nevertheless, in a bullet game, the temptation to crash into h6 with the bishop proved too great. I went on to win, but going thru the game afterwards my computer analysis showed a score of -1.81 after Bxh6. Not so good. With my knight on a slighty odd g3 square, my idea of deflecting the knight on f6 with Nh5 (Nxh5 Qh7#) + having the threat of Qg7# felt a worthy one.

Computer analysis suggests Bxh6 gxh6, Qxh6 Qa5+. My opponent played Qd6 and I win soon after. BUT!... unusually for my analysis program... it kinda freaks out... jumping from -1.5 to + 1.75 after thinking for 20/30 seconds with the queen sat on a5+. Against any defense it seems, including bringing back the black queen to f8... white ends up at +5.81.

So... was Bxh6 the correct move after all?

The main thing to assess here is after Qa5+, does Black have anything to force through/have perpetuals after the king is moved. I think Black doesn't. All of black's minor pieces are stagnant. Black cannot move either of their knights, one at f6 is protecting mate at h7, while the other is protecting the knight at d7.

Now, coming to how effective is the initial Bxh6 is for you after Bxh6 gxh6, Qxh6 Qa5+, are you actually able to get anything at all. As you say, your knight is at an odd square, but after moving your king, and a pedestrian move by black, Nh5 to threaten capture of black knight at f6 no longer works due to Qxh5, where you can't capture the queen as your check-mate threat is averted by black. Maybe play something like c5 and then threaten Nh5 in the next move? Still, if the pedestrian move for black is something like Re8, then you're no longer threatening check-mate as the black king gets an escape route?

So, for me it seems to be a bit of a risk, I might play it in blitz though, as your white squared bishop is placed nicely, but I'm not still sure if white has enough compensation here.

It looks positive still, but the game might go on for quite a bit of moves from there I guess as there's nothing major immediate for white.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:54:28 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2019, 12:05:59 pm »
The main thing to assess here is after Qa5+, does Black have anything to force through/have perpetuals after the king is moved. I think Black doesn't. All of black's minor pieces are stagnant. Black cannot move either of their knights, one at f6 is protecting mate at h7, while the other is protecting the knight at d7.

Now, coming to how effective is the initial Bxh6 is for you after Bxh6 gxh6, Qxh6 Qa5+, are you actually able to get anything at all. As you say, your knight is at an odd square, but after moving your king, and a pedestrian move by black, Nh5 to threaten capture of black knight at f6 no longer works due to Qxh5, where you can't capture the queen as your check-mate threat is averted by black. Maybe play something like c5 and then threaten Nh5 in the next move? Still, if the pedestrian move for black is something like Re8, then you're no longer threatening check-mate as the black king gets an escape route?

So, for me it seems to be a bit of a risk, I might play it in blitz though, as your white squared bishop is placed nicely, but I'm not still sure if white has enough compensation here.

It looks positive still, but the game might go on for quite a bit of moves from there I guess as there's nothing major immediate for white.

The Q is at h6, preventing the K's escape until white does something. But until white commits the Q, he is free to build up the attack with Nh5, safeguard his K with whatever, bring his KR into play with Rhf1, etc.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2019, 03:21:07 pm »
One of the keys in responding to Qa5+ is to shift the king over to allow the rook on h1 to move to e1 and then up and along to g or h file. I'll try and find a stronger engine online and have a look after the weekend... convinced Bxh6 gxh6 Qxh6 is winning tho  :D

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2019, 03:35:38 pm »
One of the keys in responding to Qa5+ is to shift the king over to allow the rook on h1 to move to e1 and then up and along to g or h file. I'll try and find a stronger engine online and have a look after the weekend... convinced Bxh6 gxh6 Qxh6 is winning tho  :D

That's why Kf1 looks wrong to me. Put it on the 2nd rank, swing the h rook over, and then move the K into the Kside behind the pawns if you have to. But the key to white's attack is the immoveability of f7 and f6, the Q on h6 preventing the K's escape, and the B threatening to come to h7 and mate should the f6 N move.

After c5 cutting off the black Q from h5, you can build up your threats at your leisure. Nh5 threatens immediate Qg7, and I don't see how you get pieces back to deal with that. Nxh5 is followed by Bh7 Kh8 Bg6 Kg8 Qh7 Kf8 Qxf7. Black's best bet is to protect f7, so what's the continuation?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2019, 04:41:00 pm »

Yes, if you switch over your king that way, even if you're not on point from then on with a few mistakes, the least you can get is a draw, I reckon. Your king is going to be pretty safe, and black's piece development is still primitive and not going well anywhere sooner.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2019, 04:47:18 pm »
The Q is at h6, preventing the K's escape until white does something. But until white commits the Q, he is free to build up the attack with Nh5, safeguard his K with whatever, bring his KR into play with Rhf1, etc.

White is stopping the escape route only for now. I meant, it's still not a check-mate threat anytime sooner, as the king has an escape route once you try a check, or move the queen  :)

Personally, I'm a safer player, I go for sacrifices if I get a sooner, clearer winning position, but this is certainly one that warrants discussion, because black doesn't have any decent ideas apart from staying in the game for now.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2019, 06:49:28 pm »
White is stopping the escape route only for now. I meant, it's still not a check-mate threat anytime sooner, as the king has an escape route once you try a check, or move the queen  :)

Personally, I'm a safer player, I go for sacrifices if I get a sooner, clearer winning position, but this is certainly one that warrants discussion, because black doesn't have any decent ideas apart from staying in the game for now.

Once you move Nh5, you're threatening Qg7 mate, and if Nf6xh5 to deal with that, you have Bh7+ resulting in Qxf7 mate if f7 is not defended. Q doesn't need to check at h7 to start the mating process, as you have a B for that. For as long as the Q is on h6, the K can't escape with the current configuration, and f7 can't move while the N is on f6, and once you do Nh5, N on f6 can't move without immediate Qg7 mate. Hence c5, to prevent the black Q from interfering with the h5 square.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:51:11 pm by Sangria »
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2019, 01:43:30 am »
Have just tried it on chess24 and it says +1.32 after Bxh6 gxh6 Qxe6. Not -1.84 or whatever it was that my free online database was telling me. This is good news I think. Will investigate this further.

edit: although after Qa5+ it goes for Ke2 which looks all wrong to me.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:46:28 am by Filler. »

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 2, 2019, 09:22:33 pm »
Haven't had time to prove my instincts were 100% correct with it, but fist bumps for Grishuck's h4. Haven't really followed it but I love an h4.