Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1410713 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #8880 on: March 30, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »
Well maybe scoring 40 is a bit much, but could get around the 30 mark 😂😂

Out of interest where you also expecting City to beat Palace? Yet somehow they didn't. I don't think Fulham will win today but neither I can understand why people come out and dismiss any result out of hand, in football people who take results for granted can always be beaten. I happen to think this City team has arrogance in abundance for all the talent of their players even City can pay a high price if their attitude is not right. If they go to Fulham with their professional hat on I would expect them to win but anything less even they can be punished.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8881 on: March 30, 2019, 12:48:05 pm »
Out of interest where you also expecting City to beat Palace? Yet somehow they didn't. I don't think Fulham will win today but neither I can understand why people come out and dismiss any result out of hand, in football people who take results for granted can always be beaten. I happen to think this City team has arrogance in abundance for all the talent of their players even City can pay a high price if their attitude is not right. If they go to Fulham with their professional hat on I would expect them to win but anything less even they can be punished.

Yes, but the Palace result was completely out of character.  But they have now won 19 out of the last 20 games prior to today and went 1-0 up after 7 minutes. Fulham are absolutely dreadful and they aren’t getting anything from today.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8882 on: March 30, 2019, 12:57:01 pm »
Yes, but the Palace result was completely out of character.  But they have now won 19 out of the last 20 games prior to today and went 1-0 up after 7 minutes. Fulham are absolutely dreadful and they aren’t getting anything from today.

I fully expected them to beat Fulham today and let's remember City have lost other games too you can't put it all down to being out of character. Against certain teams they can look vulnerable sadly Fulham don't have the attackers to put City under that kind of pressure. But other teams do, I expect they will lose points in two games as the matches arrive in April. It's a case of whether we can win all our remaining games. Let's wait and see.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8883 on: March 30, 2019, 01:00:02 pm »
As I said, Fulham had no chance... ;)
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8884 on: March 30, 2019, 01:00:48 pm »
They[Fulham] pose no threat. Only reason it was difficult for us is because we made it so.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8885 on: March 30, 2019, 01:01:28 pm »
As I said, Fulham had no chance... ;)

Fair play to you Perham, you stuck your neck out with that prediction and have been richly rewarded. Others mocked you but you stuck to your bold prediction. Kudos.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8886 on: March 30, 2019, 01:03:35 pm »
Cricket score sgainst Fulham today and Cardiff midweek.   We need to focus on Spurs and nothing else.  Win that and keep the pressure on.   Need to ensure that we are right in there when City’s tough run kicks in.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8887 on: March 30, 2019, 01:06:50 pm »
Cricket score sgainst Fulham today and Cardiff midweek.   We need to focus on Spurs and nothing else.  Win that and keep the pressure on.   Need to ensure that we are right in there when City’s tough run kicks in.

Simple as that really. A shock today looks unlikely and it's absolutely nailed on warnock will rest players so it's even more unlikely midweek. Look after ourselves. Keep saying it but if we win the next 3 then we'll edge ahead in the final furlong.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8888 on: March 30, 2019, 01:07:49 pm »
Simple as that really. A shock today looks unlikely and it's absolutely nailed on warnock will rest players so it's even more unlikely midweek. Look after ourselves. Keep saying it but if we win the next 3 then we'll edge ahead in the final furlong.

I hope he'll got on a big media campaign against himself after the match about how disrespectful it is for a manager to rest players ?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8889 on: March 30, 2019, 01:15:03 pm »
I had a dream last night Fulham won 1-0  ;D

I didn’t say what year to be fair

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8890 on: March 30, 2019, 01:17:59 pm »
I didn’t say what year to be fair

;D

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8891 on: March 30, 2019, 01:22:28 pm »
For those saying every game is crucial.

We drop points in the one or two of the next 3 which could easily happen. The next 4 wont be that important too far behind.

City are incredible

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8892 on: March 30, 2019, 01:24:09 pm »
Basically once Aguero got going this season their form rocketed.

He is dragging them up. Never expected anything off fulham, need to wait until late April but also need us to not drop a single point until then. Pressure is all on us.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8893 on: March 30, 2019, 01:29:05 pm »
Basically once Aguero got going this season their form rocketed.

He is dragging them up. Never expected anything off fulham, need to wait until late April but also need us to not drop a single point until then. Pressure is all on us.

The juicing twat (probably).

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8894 on: March 30, 2019, 01:31:53 pm »
That image of the ball being 0.1cm from going over the line is going to haunt me for years if we don't do the unlikely.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8895 on: March 30, 2019, 01:32:13 pm »
For those saying every game is crucial.

We drop points in the one or two of the next 3 which could easily happen. The next 4 wont be that important too far behind.

City are incredible

Hello Pep.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8896 on: March 30, 2019, 01:37:07 pm »
Hello Pep.
Shit joke.

Fact is City are an incredible team. Credit where it is due.

We still have a chance this season though.

Even if we finish 2nd still a great effort & season from Klopp & the players.

Be good experience & we will challenge next season.

Too many fans are acting like this year is our only chance.
Great chance in the CL as well.

Pressure is on us atm.

But as I said we win the next 3 then it flips.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8897 on: March 30, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »
Shit joke.

Pressure is on us atm.

Do you give credit to Lance Armstrong for his Tour de France wins?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8898 on: March 30, 2019, 01:44:10 pm »
Do you give credit to Lance Armstrong for his Tour de France wins?
any evidence City are doping?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8899 on: March 30, 2019, 01:45:55 pm »

Financially yes. But their emails were hacked so it doesn’t count.

Someone claimed one of their players was against us. Didn’t name names but think it turned his hair white.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8900 on: March 30, 2019, 01:47:18 pm »
Hopefully thats Aguero injured for a few weeks

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8901 on: March 30, 2019, 01:49:33 pm »
Aguero got taken out? He's their best player for me, so that's excellent news for our chances.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8902 on: March 30, 2019, 01:55:01 pm »
Shit joke.

Pressure is on us atm.

I didn't mean it as a joke, I'm being serious.

You maybe able to separate City as a team from what lies behind them, but to me they're one the same. Do they have incredible players and a gifted manager? Yes I don't deny that. Does that mean we should respect them? No, not in my eyes and that's entirely due to the shadowy figures that own the club and what is going on inside their financial set up. That darkens everything they do on the pitch and until UEFA face that situation that cloud will continue to hover over everything City do. However they play in the meantime.

As for us, we need to win our remaining games I expect City to lose points in two games come April, as ever we'll have to wait and see if that is enough.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8903 on: March 30, 2019, 01:56:27 pm »

There is plenty of evidence out there, which is why UEFA is currently looking at the situation.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8904 on: March 30, 2019, 02:08:07 pm »
Are city currently singing a song very similar to our Hoffenheim and Maribor one?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8905 on: March 30, 2019, 02:11:41 pm »
Are city currently singing a song very similar to our Hoffenheim and Maribor one?

Naturally they don't have their own songs...

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8906 on: March 30, 2019, 02:14:43 pm »
Shit joke.

Pressure is on us atm.

Write your admiration on the City thread. Not here
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #8907 on: March 30, 2019, 02:23:33 pm »
Brave plucky Fulham managing zero shots on target and zero corners....a jolly good effort.

A total of 2 shots on target Manchester City have faced against them in their last 4 league games.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #8908 on: March 30, 2019, 03:11:12 pm »
Brave plucky Fulham managing zero shots on target and zero corners....a jolly good effort.

A total of 2 shots on target Manchester City have faced against them in their last 4 league games.

Fulham are basically now a Championship side, they are 60 points behind City. Only thanks to a missed pen we took 1 point off City this season. Not sure what people expect shite like Fulham to do against them. I don't watch or follow City's games, just checked the table now and they are top....just as I expected.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
« Reply #8909 on: March 30, 2019, 07:13:21 pm »
Fulham are basically now a Championship side, they are 60 points behind City. Only thanks to a missed pen we took 1 point off City this season. Not sure what people expect shite like Fulham to do against them. I don't watch or follow City's games, just checked the table now and they are top....just as I expected.

I expect them to do fuck all - like I expect most of the shite that the league is choker with to do fuck all.....but maybe at least having a shot on target or forcing a corner would be a start.

Personally i think it is time to cut the league to 18 teams.

There is just too much shite in league and too many dead rubbers like this.

You'll see it with Man City v Cardiff in week...Cardiff will probably write it off and 'save themselves' for a more winnable game.

Gap between top clubs and rest is just getting wider.

Reduce it to 18 - which will also help with fixture congestion and hopefully create a more competitive league.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8910 on: March 30, 2019, 07:20:20 pm »
City's result today is nothing new to the bigger picture. It just shows us that City is not giving this up, they are determined not to fu*k this up. We already knew that.

We also already knew that the key COULD be the difference between 3 games:
For Liverpool: Spurs, Saints and Chelsea
For Man City: Palace, Spurs and Man Utd

No need to panic within these three games. If we can get 6 or 7 points from them we can still do it. We need to avoid what happened in our mini slump when we got too many draws in a short space of time. 2 wins and a loss is better than one win and two draws. Remember that. If we get 6 points from those 3 games they can get from their fixtures: 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss = 4 points. Total effect is we overtake them by a point.

Then get ready for the last few games, cos the job won't be done yet. Still a few more nerves to get through to make it :)
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #8911 on: March 30, 2019, 07:26:25 pm »
City's result today is nothing new to the bigger picture. It just shows us that City is not giving this up, they are determined not to fu*k this up. We already knew that.

No need to panic within these three games. If we can get 6 or 7 points from them we can still do it. We need to avoid what happened in our mini slump when we got too many draws in a short space of time. 2 wins and a loss is better than one win and two draws. Remember that. If we get 6 points from those 3 games they can get from their fixtures: 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss = 4 points. Total effect is we overtake them by a point.

Then get ready for the last few games, cos the job won't be done yet. Still a few more nerves to get through to make it :)

Given their form and fixture list, I think 3 points dropped on our part would be too much of a gap to make up at this stage of the season. To win it, I think we can drop no more than 2 points from now until the end i.e a draw. I really do think the only game where City might fuck up is United.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #8912 on: March 30, 2019, 07:29:28 pm »

Well said, could it also be possible for City to have a hard time against Leicester? Leicester are playing pretty well under Rodgers and I cant see them bowing out even if it is at the Etihad.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8913 on: March 30, 2019, 08:08:20 pm »
Well said, could it also be possible for City to have a hard time against Leicester? Leicester are playing pretty well under Rodgers and I cant see them bowing out even if it is at the Etihad.

Rafa and Hodgson have beaten them this season. Why not Rodgers too? :D

Can we get Roy Evans in charge of Cardiff sharpish?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8914 on: March 30, 2019, 08:24:38 pm »
Good news is we probably won’t lose it on GD, that would hurt.

Good news is we’re a point behind with 7 to play, every single Liverpool supporter would’ve have bitten your hand off for that at the start of the season.

Good news is we’ve passed our points total for last year, with seven games to go.

Good news is our team is quite good, and our manager is quite good. In fact, we’re probably in the top three teams on the planet at the moment.

Good news is we’re facing off against a club that represents everything that is wrong with modern football. Being the team that slays that dragon will be a great thing.

Good news is this is usual for us, never do things the easy way, I’d be more worried if we were cantering to the league with seven to go.

Good news is we’re 80% to make a CL semi.

Good news is Salah is due, and he has been belting in coconuts through two palm trees for a week.

Good news is is Mane messing?

Good news is we have VVD, come in, walk around him.

Good news is Bobby’s teeth get better everyday.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #8915 on: March 30, 2019, 08:42:34 pm »

6 or 7 points from these 3 fixtures is not going to be good enough. We need to win all 3. IMO the only way we win this is if we keep winning while they have this ‘easy’ period. Fulham and Cardiff for them was always going to be as guaranteed a 6 points as you’re going to get. If we fail to win a game before their difficult period starts that is just going to motivate them even more. I don’t think they’re going to drop points in more than 1 game anyway.
YWNA

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8916 on: March 30, 2019, 08:59:16 pm »
Also think the title is decided in the next 3.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8917 on: March 30, 2019, 09:05:35 pm »
6 or 7 points from these 3 fixtures is not going to be good enough. We need to win all 3. IMO the only way we win this is if we keep winning while they have this ‘easy’ period. Fulham and Cardiff for them was always going to be as guaranteed a 6 points as you’re going to get. If we fail to win a game before their difficult period starts that is just going to motivate them even more. I don’t think they’re going to drop points in more than 1 game anyway.

:) I'm easily pointing out all is not lost with dropping 2 or 3 points. I've seen supporters lose it every time we drop points, even as far back as when we lost 2 points away to Arsenal, acting as if the race was all over... when there was still a long way to go... well, even if we drop points to Southampton, there'd still be 5 more games after that. Even if we overtake City after their 3 tough games, it'd be in our hands but the job won't be done yet, we still got tough games against Newcastle and Wolves. I don't think Leicester and Brighton is going to be easy for City either. Long way to go. You may not take 6 or 7 points now, but looking back wouldn't you take 6 points against Manchester United, Everton and Leicester? We only got 3. We didn't need 9. Of course I'd take 38 wins in a season but it doesn't work that way. We lack title winning experience, that's clear :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:07:10 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
« Reply #8918 on: March 30, 2019, 09:16:05 pm »
Sadly normal title winning form (which we have more than shown this season) will not be enough.....even exceptional title winning type form is not going to be enough for one of us or Man City.

The bar is at a frigging ridiculously high level.

Could see 94/95 pts and finish 2nd possibly - that is mad.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:17:45 pm by an tha »

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #8919 on: March 30, 2019, 10:00:09 pm »
I'm hoping that Brendan can do his old team a favour - a draw would be wonderful.