Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 584445 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #4040 on: June 1, 2018, 07:15:10 am »
Other teams have been as good or even better than this RM team over the years ( fuck, even this season ) and not done, what he has just done.

Read back on what was said about him and his chances there when he took over. We all look like idiots.

This was due to rafa Stan's trying to make sense of the sacking

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #4041 on: June 1, 2018, 08:31:34 am »
Most skilled footballer I’ve ever seen, the way he caressed the ball, magic.
I don’t think he’s a top manager, he has a group of players that don’t need managing. Tactically he’s been out thought all CL and yet he’s got the magicians to get him through. First 30 mins of CL final was pretty much a case of a world class team being shut down by a world class manager. Zidane is more lucky than good, but his record is incredible, he won’t emulate that anywhere else.

I think its a bit harsh to call Zidane lucky but I know what you mean. I think the situation suited him perfectly. it was a really good squad, which had already won a CL with ancelotti. he had the respect of the squad and from the fans because he was such a good player and madrid legend. I haven't seen them blow many teams away in the CL and they don't have a particular style of play that you would recognise - its been modric and kroos control the tempo of the game and then Ronaldo, isco, bale or ramos gets a goal when they need it.
Zidane deserves total respect for guiding the team to 3 CLs - its amazing but I don't see him going off being a top manager elsewhere.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4042 on: June 12, 2018, 04:02:04 pm »
Julen Lopetegui the new sacrificial lamb Real Madrid manager.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-real-madrid-confirm-spain-12690191?55

Real Madrid have confirmed Spain boss Julen Lopetegui as their new manager.

Los Blancos have been on the lookout for a new boss since Zinedine Zidane's sudden decision to quit after the Champions League final.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has been linked with the Bernabeu post but they have agreed a deal with Lopetegui.

He has agreed a three-year deal with the European champions and will officially take charge after the World Cup in Russia.

Lopetegui spent time at Real Madrid as a youngster but only managed just one senior appearance for the club.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: June 12, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »
Dear me, that won't go well.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4044 on: June 12, 2018, 04:07:37 pm »
I think Wenger would have been a better bet..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4045 on: June 12, 2018, 04:12:59 pm »
Good coach, but likely to end like Benitez.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: June 12, 2018, 04:13:11 pm »
He's gone from getting sacked by Porto to the Real job in just over 2 years, he hasn't even managed a game in an international tournament yet. Amazing what beating a few bum teams can do for your reputation.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4047 on: June 12, 2018, 04:24:33 pm »
Didn't see that one coming

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: June 12, 2018, 04:35:25 pm »
I'll be surprised if he lasts the season

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: June 12, 2018, 07:00:19 pm »
He's gone from getting sacked by Porto to the Real job in just over 2 years, he hasn't even managed a game in an international tournament yet. Amazing what beating a few bum teams can do for your reputation.
Indeed. THere is nothing to write home about Spanish NTs performances either. It was bang average in recent times, and several good games aside (see vs Italy), they have not really even played to their potential.

I just don't see how he unites Madrid's dressing room unless he goes there with a reputation of WC winner.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4050 on: June 12, 2018, 07:06:36 pm »
I'll be surprised if he lasts the season
Yep, if he’s not challenging for the league he will be gone.

I suppose the big name Spanish players will be used to him.. that’s probably why they went for him... just goes to show how little they rate havjng a good manager though.. it’s all about star names there..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: June 12, 2018, 07:24:15 pm »
What do people think of Zidane as a manager? Is he great tactically and manages games well? Or is he the man manager type that has done exceedingly well in keeping a bunch of superstars on board and letting them play freely?

His in game management is the best in football. Tactically, he's heads and shoulders above everyone else in this regard. However, he has a world class squad to do this with.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: June 12, 2018, 08:44:30 pm »
I'm sure his previous comments about Messi will go down well with Ronaldo

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: June 13, 2018, 08:52:50 am »
Apparently the Spanish FA are considering sacking Lopetegui, the President being particularly inclined.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-spain-replace-julen-loptegui-manager-real-madrid-betrayal-sacked-latest-a8396371.html

I wouldn't blame them. What an idiot this guy is, putting his career before the job he has to do now. It's pretty arrogant to think you can just accept something as massive as the Real Madrid job, announce it and think everything is just gonna be normal. Be hilarious if the Spanish FA sacked him and went and got Zidane in for the World Cup!

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: June 13, 2018, 11:06:13 am »
Apparently the Spanish FA are considering sacking Lopetegui, the President being particularly inclined.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-spain-replace-julen-loptegui-manager-real-madrid-betrayal-sacked-latest-a8396371.html

I wouldn't blame them. What an idiot this guy is, putting his career before the job he has to do now. It's pretty arrogant to think you can just accept something as massive as the Real Madrid job, announce it and think everything is just gonna be normal. Be hilarious if the Spanish FA sacked him and went and got Zidane in for the World Cup!

Has now been sacked :lmao

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4055 on: June 13, 2018, 11:08:31 am »
Ridiculous Madrid didn’t wait until after the World Cup to sign Julen Lopetegui

Still amazed Madrid didn’t have to get permission from Spain national team first to even speak to Julen Lopetegui
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:11:19 am by rocco »

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #4056 on: June 13, 2018, 11:10:22 am »

Bobby Robson got as close as anyone ever since 66 to win England the World Cup having agreed to join PSV beforehand......
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: June 13, 2018, 11:11:05 am »
A strange one

They would rather risk their entire tournament than just keep him in, bringing in a new manager with a day or two till they start the tournament is pretty insane

I'm sure there's a few managers out there that have accepted jobs for clubs and managed at a tournament beforehand, why is it such a huge issue?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: June 13, 2018, 11:11:06 am »
And now the mad bastards at the Spanish FA have sacked him just before the WC is about to start.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: June 13, 2018, 11:12:07 am »
He's gone..

Marcus Christenson@m_christenson

Wow. Julen Lopetegui sacked as Spain manager after accepting Real Madrid job

“The negotiations have occurred without any information to the Spanish FA and we were informed just five minutes before the press release. There’s a way to act that needs to be fulfilled.”
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:14:03 am by The Final Third »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: June 13, 2018, 11:12:18 am »
 :lmao

Well done Spain!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4061 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:22 am »
 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

This was only bettered on old FM games when there was a glitch when the national manager of a team would leave in the middle of World Cup because the contract would run out at the end of June.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:47 am »
get Roy in to steady the ship
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:49 am »
He's gone..

Marcus Christenson@m_christenson

Wow. Julen Lopetegui sacked as Spain manager after accepting Real Madrid job

Had he already signed contracts with Madrid ?

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:24 am »
Had he already signed contracts with Madrid ?

Yep..from the Spanish FA:

“The negotiations have occurred without any information to the Spanish FA and we were informed just five minutes before the press release. There’s a way to act that needs to be fulfilled.”

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: June 13, 2018, 11:17:55 am »
Yep..from the Spanish FA:

Seems strange they didn’t have to get permission from the spainish FA first ?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4066 on: June 13, 2018, 11:19:09 am »
Fireman Sam Allardyce will be rubbing his hands.

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: June 13, 2018, 11:20:41 am »

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague

The story so far about Lopetegui and Real Madrid

RM made contact on Friday. Lopetegui left it to agent but took his decision on Monday

Florentino told President of @rfef few minutes before official announcement Tuesday

Lopetegui told players minutes before training last night

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4068 on: June 13, 2018, 11:22:57 am »

He probably did have to and didn't. He reportedly had agreed a contract extension with the Spanish FA last month. As mad as their response is, his decision will have potentially divided the dressing room (as will the Spanish FA's response).

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: June 13, 2018, 11:24:29 am »
Can't blame the FA one iota. You can't allow people to act how they want just because it's a few days before the World Cup. He tried to have his cake and eat it, so they whipped the rug from under his feet. Hope he gets sacked within a few months at Real, that'll learn him.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: June 13, 2018, 11:25:40 am »

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague

The story so far about Lopetegui and Real Madrid

RM made contact on Friday. Lopetegui left it to agent but took his decision on Monday

Florentino told President of @rfef few minutes before official announcement Tuesday

Lopetegui told players minutes before training last night

Just seems strange if he has already signed as Manager for Madrid and not accepted the job but to sign after World Cup when he resigns as spainisg coach

Didn’t think you could sign for a Club while managing your country without some agreement

Offline The Final Third

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:20 am »
He probably did have to and didn't. He reportedly had agreed a contract extension with the Spanish FA last month. As mad as their response is, his decision will have potentially divided the dressing room (as will the Spanish FA's response).

No way the Spanish FA would've permitted it..unless it was undisclosed by them too. The players themselves seemed unfussed by it going by reports.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:21 am »
Madrid shower of Cun*s

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:38 am »
I don't think their decision is that mad at all. What a massive bellend.

Think how massive player power is when it comes to job security at Real Madrid, yeah you'd probably expect him to act professionally until the end of the World Cup, but he's already acted unprofessionally with the way he's got and announced the job.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #4074 on: June 13, 2018, 11:28:02 am »

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: June 13, 2018, 11:28:08 am »
Real Madrid are trash

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: June 13, 2018, 11:28:28 am »
Surely the Spanish FA have a legal case against Lopetegui and Madrid

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: June 13, 2018, 11:30:16 am »
Can't blame the FA one iota. You can't allow people to act how they want just because it's a few days before the World Cup. He tried to have his cake and eat it, so they whipped the rug from under his feet. Hope he gets sacked within a few months at Real, that'll learn him.

Assuming there's something massive i'm missing here but i don't get the outrage to be honest

I don't get how he's 'acting how he wants' or what it being a few days before the world cup has to do with it. He's taken a massive job that begins after the tournament, didn't Conte take the Chelsea job while Italy manager and Van Gaal do the same while Holland manager?

He's still managing the national side regardless of the Real job

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4078 on: June 13, 2018, 11:31:05 am »
Surely the Spanish FA have a legal case against Lopetegui and Madrid

That's what I've been thinking

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #4079 on: June 13, 2018, 11:31:09 am »
Couls get messy if any party decides to take it further into legal matters. Either way, Spanish FA are in the right here imo