Author Topic: Terry McDermott  (Read 7063 times)

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Terry McDermott
« on: March 28, 2017, 06:34:29 am »

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
Re: Terry McDermott
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:25:14 pm »
You can get a signed copy of his autobiography here:-

https://coles-books.co.uk/signed-books/sport/terry-mac-my-autobiography-by-terry-mcdermott

There's a fair few other Liverpool related books too.

Cheers
Jon

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:19:13 pm »
Met him on Saturday night.  Came across as a really top bloke.  Has a real love for both Liverpool and Newcastle.
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2018, 01:08:12 pm »
Selling off his medals and trophies to help his kids futures out

1977, 1980 and 1981 European Cup winner's medals

1976-77, 1978-79 and 1979-80 season First Division winner's plaques

1981/82 First Division winner's plaque

Aiming to raise aboiut £150k

'Terry has told me selling his medals will not take away his memories of those great times. He's got to plan for the future, which is just the reality of life.'

Sad that the club couldn't have come up with an arrangement to display them in the museum for a fixed fee or even for the club to buy them themselves and help an ex player out that has given us so much as a player

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 1, 2018, 03:21:43 pm »
Yeah it's sad, it's the reality of latter vs present day football, were even the most average of Premiership footballers have millions by the time they are 23, but truly world class players of yesteryear like McDermott and Ray Kennedy are really struggling financially, it's a shame the club didn't have provision in place to help out former players in need, McDermott hoping to get £150k for what are in essence footballing artifacts, and Paul Pogba earns that in half a week, not blaming the present day players, I'd rather they got the money than the suits get it, but it is a real shame for the likes of Terry.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2018, 03:53:24 pm »
Yeah it's sad, it's the reality of latter vs present day football, were even the most average of Premiership footballers have millions by the time they are 23, but truly world class players of yesteryear like McDermott and Ray Kennedy are really struggling financially, it's a shame the club didn't have provision in place to help out former players in need, McDermott hoping to get £150k for what are in essence footballing artifacts, and Paul Pogba earns that in half a week, not blaming the present day players, I'd rather they got the money than the suits get it, but it is a real shame for the likes of Terry.

He's not struggling financially, he wants to help out his kids and he feels that his memories are enough.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 10:52:47 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 10:56:16 pm »
Hope the club is helping him and his family in some way.

He was one of my grandad's favourite players.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 11:42:40 pm »
Dementia's hard graft but a lot easier if you don't take yourself too seriously. Terry Mac is the definition of a man who doesn't take himself too seriously. He'll cope with it with grace I reckon.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 12:29:01 am »
Terrible news.

It's alarming now, seem to be regular occurrence of players from the 60's-70's being diagnosed with Alzheimers and Dementia.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 02:15:37 am »
Awful news

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 05:05:03 am »
Terrible news. Bastard of a disease. Thoughts with him and his family.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 06:07:41 am »
Terrible news.

It's alarming now, seem to be regular occurrence of players from the 60's-70's being diagnosed with Alzheimers and Dementia.

well, im sure lots of that is purely age related, it's 65 and over that seems the critical age, seemingly rare-ish before that but yes, it's awful news and wish the best for terry and those close to him as he deals with this shit
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 08:26:45 am »
What a player.

Dementia's a funny one. It's got levels and stages. My mum has it. She copes well with it, mentally, in herself. In the world that's not her bubble her coping isn't so good. At the level my mum has it it can be quite stressful for the family, maybe, even more so than the sufferer.

My best possible wishes to Terry and his family.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 08:27:51 am »
Sad news indeed.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Terry McDermott sadly diagnosed with Dementia
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 08:58:41 am »
Terry McDermott sadly diagnosed with dementia

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0821/1242159-terry-mcdermott-reveals-he-has-dementia/

What a player he was.
One of the most underrated players ever. Like Ray Kennedy, appreciated  by reds fans but overshadowed by show ponies from other clubs who got/get more adulation from the media.
Scored some goals that will shine in our club history forever, including

The volley against Spurs
The one against Aberdeen
The sublime turn and chip over Lawson in the cup semifinal
The goal in Rome
The seventh against Spurs.

I remember him dejected after the cup final in 74, with Thommos shirt  and people saying we could do worse than sign him.
What a player.

My thoughts are with him and his family as he faces this challenge.

Edit. https://youtu.be/LRAaVFqIjus

Youngster educate yourself.
Old farts like me enjoy the history
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:13:54 am by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Terry McDermott sadly diagnosed with Dementia
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 08:59:48 am »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 09:14:31 am »
Fair enough.  Mods delete or merge. Cheers
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 09:18:16 am »
A proper footballer.

Fully deserves whatever help the club can offer.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 09:19:12 am »

Fine here.

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2021, 09:42:16 am »
Nah, he was a true legend and deserves a main page thread.

As I posted in his thread, dementia can be as hard on the family as the sufferer. Best wishes to Terry and his family. 

Online Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 09:45:08 am »
What a fantastic player he was for us! I was privalaged to see him play in a great Liverpool team. So sorry to hear this news stay strong Terry YNWA
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2021, 11:04:19 am »
Just saw this on the bbc. All the best Terry

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2021, 11:05:51 am »
Horrible news. Best wishes for him and his family.

His words are truly inspiring.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2021, 11:06:28 am »
Shite. Terry Mac scored the first Liverpool goal I can remember watching live, the gloriously timed header from Heighway’s first touch cross in the 7-0 demolition of Spurs.

And he’s got the worst prognosis of all, LBD, the one that ravaged Robin Williams and led him to suicide.

No doubt now, if there was even any before, there’s a link. There’ll be no more heading below U18 level in a year or two if not sooner.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2021, 11:15:31 am »
Shite. Terry Mac scored the first Liverpool goal I can remember watching live, the gloriously timed header from Heighway’s first touch cross in the 7-0 demolition of Spurs.

And he’s got the worst prognosis of all, LBD, the one that ravaged Robin Williams and led him to suicide.

No doubt now, if there was even any before, there’s a link. There’ll be no more heading below U18 level in a year or two if not sooner.

That 7th goal was the best I have ever seen, purely because of the build up. Watching it unfold  from the Kop it was almost as though everyone there was on the same wavelength as the players. We could see the ball to Heighway was on, a split second before Johnson did. As Heighway was racing towards it we could see Terry Mc galloping through and were all shouting “first time ball” and the cross was even better than you could have expected.
Someone on TV timed McDermotts run and he got from our 6yd box to their area and make the header in around ten seconds. And that was on a very warm day, at the end of a non stop match which we were winning 6-0.
Unbelievable energy and determination from him.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2021, 11:28:26 am »
That 7th goal was the best I have ever seen, purely because of the build up. Watching it unfold  from the Kop it was almost as though everyone there was on the same wavelength as the players. We could see the ball to Heighway was on, a split second before Johnson did. As Heighway was racing towards it we could see Terry Mc galloping through and were all shouting “first time ball” and the cross was even better than you could have expected.
Someone on TV timed McDermotts run and he got from our 6yd box to their area and make the header in around ten seconds. And that was on a very warm day, at the end of a non stop match which we were winning 6-0.
Unbelievable energy and determination from him.
I was Main Stand (our ST) and up on my dad’s shoulder as everyone was on their feet once it came out to the LW. I’ll never forget (burned into my memory until I next saw it on YT decades later) and the one thing that wasn’t visible from your Kop spec, was the parabolic curve Heighway put on the ball, with an almost magnetical pull onto Terry Mac’s curly mop. Robbo’s cross into Mo against City in 19/20 was almost homage.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2021, 11:34:29 am »
A copper-bottomed LFC legend....a magnificent player who scored magnificent goals.....his goal of the season at White Hart Lane is frozen in my mind as the best goal I've ever seen in person - we were in the middle of the ecstatic reds behind the goal..worth every minute of the Battle of the Seven Sisters utter mayhem we had to endure after the game! Best wishes to Terry and his family. YNWA
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2021, 12:23:13 pm »
I heard about this a week or so back from a relative who's currently working for Terry on a house he's having refurbished at Darras Hall on the outskirts of Newcastle. Wasn't sure if or when Terry was going to make it public. The positive news is that Terry Mac retains his indomitable sense of humour (still 'daft as a brush' was the actual expression used by my relative) and his love of horse racing in particular remains undiminished. 

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2021, 12:30:37 pm »
Ah love to him and his family. What a player.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2021, 12:42:30 pm »
Dementia's hard graft but a lot easier if you don't take yourself too seriously. Terry Mac is the definition of a man who doesn't take himself too seriously. He'll cope with it with grace I reckon.
LBD is slightly different type of dementia though, less memory loss, more hallucinations and physical motor control issues. It’s like a particularly nasty bastard mix of Alzheimer’s and Parkinsons, same neurodegenerative pathways involved.

If you’ve not already seen it, there’s a recent LBD documentary on Williams by his wife, gives an insight…Robin’s Wish I think its called.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 12:44:22 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2021, 01:31:10 pm »
Mum was mates with his sister when we lived in Kirkby. We used to meet up at her house and walk to and from school with her n her kids. Terry bought her house for her on Simmonswood lane. Met Terry a few times as a kid. Was funny from what I remember. Gutted about this news. Lovely bloke
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2021, 02:23:34 pm »
Such horrible news, I want to wish him all the best as he comes to term with this. I am sure he will battle it with the same determination he played football with, all the best Terry.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2021, 02:26:13 pm »
Terrible news but like Terry says probably good to have it diagnosed so it can be treated. Sometimes the hardest bit is knowing things aren't right but not knowing why.

Just hope with the right treatment and organisation he can live with it and it doesn't take too much of his personality away from him

Best of luck Terry YNWA
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2021, 08:01:20 pm »
Sad to hear this. Terry Mac is in my top 5 of all time favourite players. Man, some of his goals. A legend through and through. All the best Terry.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2021, 08:30:12 pm »
All the best big fella
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2021, 10:33:47 pm »
If you have just under 30 minutes to spare, have a gander at this.
Pure class from a pure class player and man who played for a pure class team.
What an engine he had in him.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/elFFNP7wYmM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/elFFNP7wYmM</a>

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2022, 11:00:27 pm »
A few few videos and info on the great Terry McDermott...

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McDermott

LFCHistory.net page: www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/369

LiverpoolFC.com player profile page: www.liverpoolfc.com/history/past-players/terry-mcdermott

'Terry McDermott – Liverpool Football Club 1974–1982' - a 9 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LRAaVFqIjus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LRAaVFqIjus</a>

'Terry McDermott Liverpool FC Goals Collection' - a 28 minute video (same video as Terry de Niro posted above):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/elFFNP7wYmM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/elFFNP7wYmM</a>

'100 Players Who Shook The Kop - #37 - Terry McDermott':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QFa6Wk2WiFc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QFa6Wk2WiFc</a>

'Respect - Terry McDermott' - 3 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rH3G2K3UCQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rH3G2K3UCQA</a>

'Liverpool - Terry Mac great goals' - 3 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IuSbsp7FHbI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IuSbsp7FHbI</a>

Terry Mac with his two Footballer Of The Years Awards for 1980 (both the PFA's Players' Player - and Football Writers Association):-

BBC's 'Goal of the Season' 1976–77 - Terry Mac vs Everton, in the FA Cup semi-final, at Maine Road:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uTYq9PEJkC4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uTYq9PEJkC4</a>

^ a better quality video can be seen here - https://twitter.com/SportsTjs/status/1397831797455654912

Terry McDermott - 'Goal of the Season' -  Liverpool vs Tottenham, in 1980:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CRMJT187wxs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CRMJT187wxs</a>

Terry McDermott great goal: Liverpool 7-0 Tottenham, in 1978:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vOB7pcqBH-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vOB7pcqBH-Y</a>

A few youtube playlists of Liverpool matches, for each of the seasons that Terry McDemott was at Liverpool...

1974/75 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXu-Qqo1GbqGhyfpo18hblAB

1975/76 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXtnx-5AFPRsZ-vsn9FP8l0J :

1976/77 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXsGf9u-uMQ212QgF3qjNLDF : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7FW8s2vJKh2YFQAC0fMQc9u

1977/78 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXuOmis0EmlvI8Fya0rH44pV : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7FhEdn9H7jpfqkk1w3sDLZi

1978/79 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXvn96VJerS2zpC7ji7RUBLa : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7Hc2PJMgdKY2q4rUST80eUQ

1979/80 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXv8QWyJaCsZh3FOwQ3m7KMc : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7Hz6NLrjs5x9dLo3THLNici

1980/81 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXswBVJedMZBVStqoCFYwEur : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLte5vKHiXI7HZuILLysIDp73Uab3qBVfJ

1981/82 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXvDY_y7VL265HOk-Qxp4-eA : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDgk_BDLP9v4bhMtMhOpgpxhUZE9q0i9b

1982/83 : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiIQcmZy0mXsTjWxK8Ve3bDrffV-FG8ul : www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5tRiW-e4AqeTN_6QbSTH7QN05qMcQmx

some older Liverpool 'Club History' videos - many featuring Terry Mac : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg16108641#msg16108641

A few article on Terry McDermott...

Terry lives for the moment (excerpt from his autobiography): www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3703

'Liverpool Legend Terry McDermott On The Merseyside Derby' (12 minute interview with The Anfield Wrap): www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgTDICBDbec

TERRY MCDERMOTT: AN UNLIKELY LIVERPOOL LEGEND: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/05/25/terry-mcdermott

A rare breed who is a legend at Liverpool and beyond: www.thisisanfield.com/2021/08/terry-mcdermott-a-rare-breed-who-is-a-legend-at-liverpool-and-beyond

Terry on the secrets of Liverpool’s 1981 glory: www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5754923/Terry-McDermott-secrets-Liverpools-1981-European-Cup-glory-Real-Madrid.html

I like Anfield when it's empty – that's when the memories come flooding back: www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-legend-terry-mcdermott-sell-12576106

‘I punched him, then asked where we were going out after’: www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-punched-him-but-then-asked-where-we-were-going-out-after-r7fq9bkqh

Liverpool legend Terry McDermott to sell off Champions League medals: www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-legend-terry-mcdermott-sell-12576106

Putting family first & Rome 77: www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/terry-mcdermott-interview-liverpool-vs-roma-european-cup-final-1977-family-selling-medals-a8331146.html

Terry McDermott recalls special Stadio Olimpico night: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/300312-terry-mcdermott-as-roma-liverpool

McDermott has the eternal backing of Newcastle and Liverpool: www.football365.com/news/opinion-mcdermott-never-walk-alone-newcastle-liverpool-icon

Terry McDermott – Kevin’s buffer and what a player: www.themag.co.uk/2021/07/terry-mcdermott-kevins-buffer-and-what-a-player-newcastle-united

Terr McDermott - England stats: www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=930

50 Greatest Liverpool Players Ever: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1774823-50-greatest-liverpool-players-ever

Ranked! The 50 best Liverpool players ever: www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-50-best-liverpool-players-ever

Liverpool great Terry McDermott diagnosed with dementia (2021): www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/22/liverpool-great-terry-mcdermott-diagnosed-with-dementia

Terry Mac's official twitter: https://twitter.com/terrymac777?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content info for years gone by, recent times, Season Reviews, Cup Final victories - Domestic, European, and World...

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0

« Last Edit: November 7, 2022, 04:32:29 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2023, 09:12:22 pm »
Strange bump but for some reason found myself watching old compilations of players like Terry McDermott, wasn’t privileged to be alive during his pomp, but was taken aback by how good he was, both feet, passing shooting and looked like the archetypal midfielder who could also score goals long before the likes of Lampard was on the scene.

PFA Player of the year in 79 also, very much underrated with the younger generation, we always hear of Souness Hansen and Dalglish, but he looked like a world class player himself. Probably would have had a bigger reputation if his best form didn’t coincide with a lull for the England National team.

Also we were playing some great football in the late 70’s wasn’t we? David Johnson is another under the radar player that stuck out, some of those passes...

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2023, 09:16:04 pm »
Strange bump but for some reason found myself watching old compilations of players like Terry McDermott, wasn’t privileged to be alive during his pomp, but was taken aback by how good he was, both feet, passing shooting and looked like the archetypal midfielder who could also score goals long before the likes of Lampard was on the scene.

PFA Player of the year in 79 also, very much underrated with the younger generation, we always hear of Souness Hansen and Dalglish, but he looked like a world class player himself. Probably would have had a bigger reputation if his best form didn’t coincide with a lull for the England National team.

Also we were playing some great football in the late 70’s wasn’t we? David Johnson is another under the radar player that stuck out, some of those passes...
Don’t forget to check out Ray Kennedy if you haven’t
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp