Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455142 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #51360 on: February 23, 2021, 04:17:42 pm »

Looks like cases are flattening out at about the current rate, which is still quite high.

Maybe due to the part of the population that can't or won't follow the "stay at home" rules? If so, there is probably not much that will help, until vaccinations reach them. But even then, some might refuse and keep rates up.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51361 on: February 23, 2021, 04:19:33 pm »
I’m bald I did it.  Kids like that need information that is factually correct.  We have lots of BAME kids and I thigh to it important to stress the need for vaccination in those communities especially (the complainant says BAME people are at more risk of vaccines than anyone else etc etc etc.. total wacko jacko sadly )

Don't envy you. I wouldn't have the patience to try and talk sense into people like that.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #51362 on: February 23, 2021, 04:40:58 pm »
That is interesting to discover, our kid was going mental as he couldn't even take the dogs for their usual walks due to the amount of people on the beach.

Makes you wonder then if a flight of vaccinated brits flies to a resort or island that is mainly taking Brits and then everyone is outside all the time and follows the rules inside, is it any worse than going the pub/beach in the UK?

Yeah, it was quite surprising to read but made some sense because for all the anger at the time it went very quiet afterwards and none of the medics or scientists mentioned it again.

With the scenario your explaining I personally don’t think I’d go on a flight unless the airline mandates everyone is vaccinated myself, going on holiday doesn’t worry me too much but the thought of hours on a plane with people who are not vaccinated does worry me.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #51363 on: February 23, 2021, 04:41:03 pm »
Don't envy you. I wouldn't have the patience to try and talk sense into people like that.
Didn’t even try. There’s no point.  Nothing will convince idiots like that   I just sent a generic email back to them.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51364 on: February 23, 2021, 04:44:49 pm »
Thought it was interesting that the study in Scotland looking at reduction in transmission showed that more Pfizer doses have been as administered than AZ, was something like 650k vs 500k where I always assumed the AZ was doing most of the heavy lifting in getting people vaccinated.
Thinking is overrated.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51365 on: February 23, 2021, 04:46:51 pm »
Thought it was interesting that the study in Scotland looking at reduction in transmission showed that more Pfizer doses have been as administered than AZ, was something like 650k vs 500k where I always assumed the AZ was doing most of the heavy lifting in getting people vaccinated.

A lot of the early vaccination was Pfizer, and studies like this looking at people a few weeks later will be weighted towards vaccines that were administered earlier

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #51366 on: February 23, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
Well if the Germans don't want it, at least I'll be able to get a sunlounger.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51367 on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:45 pm »
I am definitely back on the Pfizer vaccine train now. Astra Zeneca / Oxford vaccine has had abuse chucked at it a lot by the Europeans.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51368 on: February 23, 2021, 05:49:56 pm »

Nationalist idiots everywhere.

The Germans don't want "the English vaccine".
The English don't want "the German vaccine".

:butt

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51369 on: February 23, 2021, 05:50:58 pm »

Brits are worse than the Germans now, watching the hotel security open the doors to the pool area for 8am sunbed sprint in Majorca a few years ago was hilarious. It was like the Grand National for women ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51370 on: February 23, 2021, 05:52:44 pm »
Nationalist idiots everywhere.

The Germans don't want "the English vaccine".
The English don't want "the German vaccine".

:butt

To be fair I think the Brits are happy to have the German vaccine. If anything some Brits are getting put off by the Europeans slinging mud at the AZ one.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51371 on: February 23, 2021, 05:55:28 pm »
Interesting to compare the numbers of the two.  They seem to be showing different benefits

But if we went back to last April, we’d have cut our gonads off to have 1 vaccine that wasn’t as good as either of them.  The development has been remarkably successful, we’ve been lucky (too have some amazing scientist working on this sort of things for years).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51372 on: February 23, 2021, 05:59:15 pm »
To be fair I think the Brits are happy to have the German vaccine. If anything some Brits are getting put off by the Europeans slinging mud at the AZ one.

I'm not going to complain whatever I am given, but I am hoping for Pfizer.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51373 on: February 23, 2021, 06:04:56 pm »
Creamfields are still saying its going ahead? Surely no festivals will be on this year? Especially not one with 80,000 people milling around ffs!!

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51374 on: February 23, 2021, 06:05:03 pm »

The roll out there is pretty disgraceful. They have received about 1.5m doses of AZ over the past two weeks and only administered 211k doses to date. Additionally, another 650k are due to be delivered on Friday. They are currently vaccinating at a rate of about 0.15 doses per 100 people per day. The existing supply and future deliveries should allow for a rate of 0.25-0.3, so almost double. The Moderna supply is also currently only utilised to about 30%. For reference the UK has been going at a rate of over 0.6 for the past few weeks (thought dropped to about 0.55 this week)

But they do absolutely insane things:

- for each Pfizer dose they receive, they put one in reserve, so that the vaccinated person can have it precisely 3 weeks later
- Not getting GP practices involved immediately. Despite the fact the AZ supplies were due to start in middle of February (ended up being a little sooner) the plan to involve GP practices is not supposed to start until April. These have a theoretical capacity of 5m doses a week
- Seemingly not being able to pivot quickly after STIKO only recommended AZ for over 65s - low AZ vaccination numbers cannot be only down to lack of uptake
- the absolutely worst comment I saw by some regional vaccination official was. "We are building a stockpile, so that in the event potential future supply shortages we do not have to cancel appointments" - Seriously, wtf, clearly not inconveniencing people is far more important, than you know, saving lives.

My dad lives in Germany, he is in his late 60s and has a pretty bad lung condition. In his town they used to open the vaccination centre for one hour a day before they ran out of supplies. Now they don't even open it anymore. They also very recently had an outbreak in a old peoples home (who's inhabitants had not been vaccinated yet).

They are getting more data by day, further indicating that:
a) A single dose provides a substantial amount of protection
b) AZ reduces deaths and hospitalisations in over 65s massively

So, I do hope they act on the latest data, and approve AZ for over 65s. I'm certain there are loads who are desperate for it. And start actually getting this stuff into people arms, as it serves no one in some stockpile somewhere.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #51375 on: February 23, 2021, 06:10:27 pm »
Went too far with the clippers ? At least you have owned up

Fringe benefit of an honest approach from Tepid...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51376 on: February 23, 2021, 06:13:51 pm »
Reminds me of the people who queue on the motorway for hours on a bank holiday monday to go shopping at an outlet village. I just don`t get the fun and pastime of it. Peace and quiet for me as well Rob.

Fingers crossed France will let me in so I can sit doing nowt not being pestered by anyone

What a lot people misunderstood at the time was the actual prevalence of the virus back then - it was estimated to be 1:1300 had it back then and prevalence was halving every 9 days. That’s a huge difference to where we are now and a million miles from Christmas when it went as low as 1:20 in places.

At a prevalence of 1:1300, we were never going to see a spike from instances like this. I think that was the misunderstanding - that an infected person could pass it on to everyone on that beach - an understandable reaction to be honest after the situation we’d just gone through. But this isn’t as infectious as measles so was impossible to happen. For sure, there were people carrying the virus on the beach, and for sure they passed it onto one or two in restrooms etc, but that’s about it. Any direct spike from that day would be weeks and months in the future and itself overtaken anyway by community prevalence increasing in September.

The opposite is also a misunderstanding though. The people that thought this happening in June would cause a spike misunderstood the situation, but also those who now are proclaiming that any meet up of that size is fine as nothing happened in June also misunderstand the situation. It’s all relative to the prevalence in the community, nothing more.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51377 on: February 23, 2021, 06:15:55 pm »
I am definitely back on the Pfizer vaccine train now. Astra Zeneca / Oxford vaccine has had abuse chucked at it a lot by the Europeans.

I am hoping by the the time it’s my turn the Moderna one will be delivered here, and possibly the J&J and Novavax one are approved, but the depressing thing is I have to remind myself I’m 38 and closer to 50 then I am to 18 so it won’t be that long until my age are offered the vaccine.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51378 on: February 23, 2021, 06:18:42 pm »
I am hoping by the the time it’s my turn the Moderna one will be delivered here, and possibly the J&J and Novavax one are approved, but the depressing thing is I have to remind myself I’m 38 and closer to 50 then I am to 18 so it won’t be that long until my age are offered the vaccine.

I am a bit annoyed me being offered it has coincided with the drop in Pfizer supply.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #51379 on: February 23, 2021, 06:22:23 pm »
Might go to governors...  which would be highly frustrating and a total waste of time.

Half the governors had kids who I was firm tutor to, so I’m not worried ;D

I dealt with vexatious complaints through to Local Government Ombudsman. Frustrating, time consuming and stopped me doing the job I was supposed to do.

Sadly this fruitcake will be getting the support of a whole raft of like minded churls so watch out for some more incoming.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51380 on: February 23, 2021, 06:24:49 pm »
I honestly don't care which vaccine I get offered.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51381 on: February 23, 2021, 06:27:56 pm »

Same here
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51382 on: February 23, 2021, 06:30:06 pm »

Don't get me wrong, as I said I'm not going to complain either way.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #51383 on: February 23, 2021, 06:57:02 pm »
I've been reading a few things recently about R, schools and kids going back.

Not pretty reading.

I get that some Tories couldn't give a shit about the disabled, weak, infirm, old or vunerable, but this seems batshit crazy.

Surely the idea should be..

Trial a subset.. and carefully monitor..

then...

depending on how it went either progress the trial or revert the trial

Until you strike a balance that enabled a return to normality alongside protecting those that need protection.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51384 on: February 23, 2021, 07:10:19 pm »

There were definitively comments of people wanting only "the English one" when invited for their vaccination. It's somewhere here in this thread.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51385 on: February 23, 2021, 07:10:50 pm »
Feel the same and I'm slightly older. Any vaccine is better than none? Why Moderna over Pfizer or others for example.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51386 on: February 23, 2021, 07:16:04 pm »
Feel the same and I'm slightly older. Any vaccine is better than none? Why Moderna over Pfizer or others for example.

I would prefer either the Moderna or Pfizer one as they are very similar technology and their results against the variants based on my layman’s understanding seem better then the AZ vaccine.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51387 on: February 23, 2021, 07:23:50 pm »
Get what you’re given!   How the hell can you choose what vaccine you get

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51388 on: February 23, 2021, 07:29:00 pm »
Get what you’re given!   How the hell can you choose what vaccine you get

You can’t, but Treeless often likes to update us on what vaccine she wants today.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51389 on: February 23, 2021, 08:00:03 pm »
I would prefer either the Moderna or Pfizer one as they are very similar technology and their results against the variants based on my layman’s understanding seem better then the AZ vaccine.
Ah ok. Guess we will hopefully know soon enough.

Would you not want Moderna distributed to the public before taking it?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51390 on: February 23, 2021, 08:01:22 pm »
You can’t, but Treeless often likes to update us on what vaccine she wants today.
Indeed. Team Pfizer today I think.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51391 on: February 23, 2021, 08:01:58 pm »

This is her personal shot of Pfizer being prepared

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51392 on: February 23, 2021, 08:06:16 pm »
Ah ok. Guess we will hopefully know soon enough.

Would you not want Moderna distributed to the public before taking it?

They have all been tested for safety across multiple countries and health authorities, the Moderna one specifically has been widely rolled out as part of the US vaccine program.
Thinking is overrated.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51394 on: February 23, 2021, 08:23:29 pm »
I’m bald I did it
I always had you down as having a full head of hair, mas how you can have misconceptions of people based on their avatar!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51395 on: February 23, 2021, 08:27:57 pm »
I always had you down as having a full head of hair, mas how you can have misconceptions of people based on their avatar!

You do realise that’s a picture of Blackadder and not Tepid?!?!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51396 on: February 23, 2021, 08:29:40 pm »

Next you'll be telling me you aren't Angela Lansbury!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51397 on: February 23, 2021, 08:36:30 pm »
really, now you have shocked me!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51398 on: February 23, 2021, 08:37:16 pm »
😳

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51399 on: February 23, 2021, 08:49:18 pm »

Sorry to disappoint but I must confess that I am not Angela Lansbury!

I can’t remember why I changed my picture to her, I think it was someone mentioning George Lansbury in one of the politics threads, he being her grandfather and leader of the Labour Party.
Thinking is overrated.