Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458693 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #51320 on: February 23, 2021, 11:47:49 am »
So unless I got the wrong end of the stick a healthy 20 year old in the UK will have access to the vaccination before a 80 year old woman in Kenya? Its great that we are hopefully seeing light at the end of the tunnel but still remember Michael Ryan from WHO, who was disgusted how some countries were fighting to be first in the queue when others cant even get in line. How true he was when you see countries vaccinating people who should be last in line.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51321 on: February 23, 2021, 11:50:46 am »
The whole attitude to it is bizarre. Forget the environmental impact that's been talked about for a while, but it seemed like journalists were asking about holidays whilst schools were closed.

I still don't get the argument over something to look forward to. We are kept in our houses, cannot go to a non-essential shop or enjoy gigs, concerts, events, meet family, sports etc. That's more than enough to look forward to.

Totally agree. If you offered me just seeing family and friends in their houses, restaurants and cafes from April onwards that would be more than enough.

The over 60s are probably the age group most likely to be booking holidays I would have thought. But I also suspect a lot of parents with youngish kids will not want another summer of trying to entertain them without a holiday.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51322 on: February 23, 2021, 11:58:31 am »
But I also suspect a lot of parents with youngish kids will not want another summer of trying to entertain them without a holiday.

I completely understand the urge to want to get away and your sentence above describes my situation accurately.  I really hope that as vaccinations take hold that holiday destinations will start to open up, with minimal restrictions, this summer.  I just don't see how you could have enough confidence in that to want to hand over thousands to holiday companies desperate to prop up their COVID ravaged businesses.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51323 on: February 23, 2021, 12:07:00 pm »
It is a two way street with international holidays though. Other countries can tell us to fuck off for the timebeing.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #51324 on: February 23, 2021, 12:15:34 pm »
I'm surprised the govt haven't mandated for all teachers over 40 to be done in the next 2 weeks to coincide with the start of school.
We really should be looking at the frontline workers to be vaccinated next. Its all the service industry that can act as super spreaders.

I reckon Tories hate teachers - think they're all lefty revolutionists.

And this shower of shit know that their 'base' also hate teachers (and think teachers have it easy) so making some form of special allowance for teachers would have the usual knobheads whining about it.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51325 on: February 23, 2021, 12:22:01 pm »
It is a two way street with international holidays though. Other countries can tell us to fuck off for the timebeing.

They definitely can - I can just imagine the EU countries being super-accommodating to UK holiday makers post Brexit and post vaccine exporting issues.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51326 on: February 23, 2021, 12:22:56 pm »

I reckon Tories hate teachers - think they're all lefty revolutionists.

And this shower of shit know that their 'base' also hate teachers (and think teachers have it easy) so making some form of special allowance for teachers would have the usual knobheads whining about it.

Tories generally hate the education system fullstop.

It serves their purpose to have as many poorly educated people as possible.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #51327 on: February 23, 2021, 12:34:07 pm »
They definitely can - I can just imagine the EU countries being super-accommodating to UK holiday makers post Brexit and post vaccine exporting issues.

Greece are looking into vaccine passports, with Israel right now but could easily expand to other countries.

I imagine they will be very motivated to reopen their tourism sector this summer and if visitors are fully vaccinated for a weeks weeks prior to travel, the risk could be quite low.

The problem of course is if the UK maintains it's mandatory quarantine on the way back.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51328 on: February 23, 2021, 12:39:02 pm »
They've dealt with it so well that I doubt they'll be wanting to let our scruffy British arses in any time soon. Also we'd be wanting to go in November which means we'd have to like, book it now which I'm not entirely comfortable doing just yet.

We were offered a really good deal when we were about to book it last year, I expect everyone will be jacking their prices up to take advantage of demand.

Quite possibly.
I'm not planning on travel this year regardless to be fair until things are better but I'm guessing those countries in question won't mind if we can show we have had vaccine?

It's a beautiful place to go that time of year. Went neighbouring countries to Vietnam. Loved it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51329 on: February 23, 2021, 12:39:34 pm »
Am I missing something here - I didn't hear any mention about lifting foreign travel restrictions in the briefing last night?  Looking at the vaccine roll out across Europe, for example, they are potentially going to be behind the UK for quite some time, so why would they open themselves up to foreign holiday makers if they are still living under their own restrictions?  It was only a couple of weeks ago we were told by our esteemed government that no one should be booking any holidays - has that advice now changed?
Thought travel was being reviewed in May at the earliest?

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #51330 on: February 23, 2021, 12:42:52 pm »

I still don't get the argument over something to look forward to. We are kept in our houses, cannot go to a non-essential shop or enjoy gigs, concerts, events, meet family, sports etc. That's more than enough to look forward to.

People look forward to different things don’t forget. We’re not all hipsters looking forward to gigs, concerts and god knows whatever else you kids get up to!

Plus some people want to go abroad to see family rather then an actual holiday on a beach etc.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51331 on: February 23, 2021, 01:00:37 pm »
People look forward to different things don’t forget. We’re not all hipsters looking forward to gigs, concerts and god knows whatever else you kids get up to!

Plus some people want to go abroad to see family rather then an actual holiday on a beach etc.

Speak for yourself. I am very 'hip'. I even own a pair of grey jeans and a snazzy cardigan
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51332 on: February 23, 2021, 01:04:36 pm »
Speak for yourself. I am very 'hip'. I even own a pair of grey jeans and a snazzy cardigan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #51333 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:10 pm »
Oh dear....

I’ve got  an anti Vaxxer on my ass.

Did an assembly about vaccines and how they worked.  Myth busted some issues about coronavirus and showed the BAME vaccine video at the end.

A very very long complaint form one parent... yikes,..!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51334 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:47 pm »
Feel a bit guilty to be honest, always said I was happy to wait to get the vaccine so others who need it more could be prioritised but then when you get the message through saying you can book it doesn't really make sense to put it off.

You absolutely shouldn't feel guilty about a thing, though I get what you're saying. Either way, delighted to hear you got your first vaccination mate!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51335 on: February 23, 2021, 01:13:20 pm »
This is an excellent thread

https://twitter.com/jamesward73/status/1364009555068338176?s=21

It deals with the problems of trying to model what might happen next.  The model Sage used was a little out of date on the effect of vaccines.  The data that came out yesterday was much more encouraging (although still not entirely clear).

James models different scenarios using different assumptions ... huge huge differences in our comes for each one...

So which one will we follow? I don’t think anyone really knows....

100% follow the SAGE models (which will be far more up to date and detailed and methodologically sound), the latest of which won't be public yet, and definitely not the twitter mathematicians (that guy and BristOliver, who he quotes) who have no expertise in public health/epidemiology/infectious diseases.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51336 on: February 23, 2021, 01:18:15 pm »
100% follow the SAGE models (which will be far more up to date and detailed and methodologically sound), the latest of which won't be public yet, and definitely not the twitter mathematicians (that guy and BristOliver, who he quotes) who have no expertise in public health/epidemiology/infectious diseases.
Not sure about the sage models. They are two weeks old (I know, not old but...).

Since yesterday we have information of vaccine efficacy that seems (and it’s still early, so caution here, and some info is conflating ) to be better than the most optimistic scenario used by Sage.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51337 on: February 23, 2021, 01:21:30 pm »
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #51338 on: February 23, 2021, 01:39:41 pm »
I haven't had a family holiday since 2018, had to cancel 3 holidays laat year and like most we want to go somewhere as soon as possible. However the way people are going crazy means I don't want to go to places where they will be spreading themselves. You know the slaphead Maguire types getting into fights on Mykonos.

One thing that changed my perspective on intl travel was in Nov/Dec when India went to Australia for the cricket - they had 30k supporters in the stadiums. Yes they've had lots of lockdowns, their quarantine rules have been stupidly strict and people haven't been able to get home, but the vast amount of Australians have been able to have a somewhat normal life.

Contrast that with our situation, we've had the worst of all worlds - restricted travel and stay at home, no pubs or footie.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51339 on: February 23, 2021, 02:55:12 pm »
If they lift the restrictions by the end of May, we are deffo going on the holiday to Lanazarote we booked last year. We went the lakes last August and it was fucking rammed, thousands upon thousands crammed into Bowness - this year will be chaos in the UK, you'll be seeing 1 to 2 million people on Bournemouth beach first sign on the sun for example. I lived in Southport long enough to see how packed that place gets of a weekend and our kid has been in Bournemouth since 1994, I've seen firsthand what it is like in Summer down there.

Give me a quite resort abroad with space to lie on a lounger over this any day of the week.  This was June 2020, over 1/2 a million hit the beach on one day

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:57:04 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51340 on: February 23, 2021, 02:58:12 pm »
I'd love to be able to go on even a couple of daytrips, but yeah I'm quite worried about the usual destinations being packed.  I tell myself September is probably my best option, but that's an awful long time to wait when you're still in February.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #51341 on: February 23, 2021, 02:59:03 pm »
If they lift the restrictions by the end of May, we are deffo going on the holiday to Lanazarote we booked last year. We went the lakes last August and it was fucking rammed, thousands upon thousands crammed into Bowness - this year will be chaos in the UK, you'll be seeing 1 to 2 million people on Bournemouth beach first sign on the sun for example. I lived in Southport long enough to see how packed that place gets of a weekend and our kid has been in Bournemouth since 1994, I've seen firsthand what it is like in Summer down there.

Give me a quite resort abroad with space to lie on a lounger over this any day of the week.  This was June 2020, over 1/2 a million hit the beach on one day

Isn't it mental when you think back and realise that happened 2 months on from Cheltenham and all the furore that caused at the time.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51342 on: February 23, 2021, 03:16:36 pm »

Reminds me of the people who queue on the motorway for hours on a bank holiday monday to go shopping at an outlet village. I just don`t get the fun and pastime of it. Peace and quiet for me as well Rob.

Fingers crossed France will let me in so I can sit doing nowt not being pestered by anyone

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51343 on: February 23, 2021, 03:16:52 pm »
Isn't it mental when you think back and realise that happened 2 months on from Cheltenham and all the furore that caused at the time.

It is yeah, but a large proportion of people here have been an absolute disgrace since this started, leading to some of the highest rates in Europe and the world, you just need to look at basic absolutely zero effort things like mask wearing, so no surprise unfortunately.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51344 on: February 23, 2021, 03:17:59 pm »
Oh dear....

I’ve got  an anti Vaxxer on my ass.

Did an assembly about vaccines and how they worked.  Myth busted some issues about coronavirus and showed the BAME vaccine video at the end.

A very very long complaint form one parent... yikes,..!

I suspect there’s a lot of parents more in need of your assembly then the kids sadly.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51345 on: February 23, 2021, 03:22:57 pm »
I suspect there’s a lot of parents more in need of your assembly then the kids sadly.
I’m bald I did it.  Kids like that need information that is factually correct.  We have lots of BAME kids and I thigh to it important to stress the need for vaccination in those communities especially (the complainant says BAME people are at more risk of vaccines than anyone else etc etc etc.. total wacko jacko sadly )
W

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51346 on: February 23, 2021, 03:23:51 pm »

That reminds me, I was reading something over the weekend (I think it was the i) all those mass beach visits last year that had everyone (and I include myself) in a mixture of rage and horror had no impact on anything to do with Covid, didn’t cause any spikes in cases or local outbreaks or anything of note whatsoever.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51347 on: February 23, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »
I’m bald I did it.  Kids like that need information that is factually correct.  We have lots of BAME kids and I thigh to it important to stress the need for vaccination in those communities especially (the complainant says BAME people are at more risk of vaccines than anyone else etc etc etc.. total wacko jacko sadly )

Went too far with the clippers ? At least you have owned up

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #51348 on: February 23, 2021, 03:41:29 pm »
OK.  Any chance?  Last page has been full of talk of holidays etc. Cut that out and have some sympathy for us in the EU, more specifically expats sitting in Berlin. Vaccine program here is a bit of a dogs dinner.  Add to that all the negative publicity around Oxford/AZ and I am pissed to read today that almost no-one is turning up for those AZ vaccines at Tegel - I find this really annoying as looks like I will be months away and will gladly take the AZ shot. 
To be honest - I'm just jealous of you guys living in UK with such an amazing covid plan::)   
Nah - I really am pleased for you all.  It's great, positive for once and long may this vaccines pace and energy roll on. 
It's all coming together - Get your tickets booked for CL final - it's on.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #51349 on: February 23, 2021, 03:44:26 pm »

And I assume you'll be tied up for weeks as the parent' s complaint is escaleted through the labyrinthine complaints system?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51350 on: February 23, 2021, 03:46:32 pm »
I just got my vaccination appointment in the mail (Group 6), but it's not until the 11th March.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51351 on: February 23, 2021, 03:48:30 pm »

I imagine plenty of parents dislike it when teachers tell their kids something that mum and dad told them is wrong.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51352 on: February 23, 2021, 03:51:27 pm »
I imagine plenty of parents dislike it when teachers tell their kids something that mum and dad told them is wrong.

No doubt. Those same kids will probably get measles as well.  There really are plenty of ill informed people out there.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51353 on: February 23, 2021, 03:52:12 pm »
OK.  Any chance?  Last page has been full of talk of holidays etc. Cut that out and have some sympathy for us in the EU, more specifically expats sitting in Berlin. Vaccine program here is a bit of a dogs dinner.  Add to that all the negative publicity around Oxford/AZ and I am pissed to read today that almost no-one is turning up for those AZ vaccines at Tegel - I find this really annoying as looks like I will be months away and will gladly take the AZ shot. 
To be honest - I'm just jealous of you guys living in UK with such an amazing covid plan::)   
Nah - I really am pleased for you all.  It's great, positive for once and long may this vaccines pace and energy roll on. 

Saw some of the German government's attempts to persuade. And the responses on social media of "No, we don't the cheap rubbish vasccine. We're waiting." Hope you and your's get sorted out quicker as a result though. Just hope old folks over there have sense to go with what's available. See where we're all at come the summer. Hopefully some live football at the very least.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51354 on: February 23, 2021, 03:53:01 pm »
And I assume you'll be tied up for weeks as the parent' s complaint is escaleted through the labyrinthine complaints system?
Might go to governors...  which would be highly frustrating and a total waste of time.

Half the governors had kids who I was firm tutor to, so I’m not worried ;D
W

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51355 on: February 23, 2021, 04:02:31 pm »

Seems it was quite an effective hit job on AZ, although I did notice the polling done on this see to demonstrate a huge amount of vaccine nationalism in Germany - the Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines are practically unwanted compared to the Pfizer jab, presumably due to its origin.  Quite a shame, it didn't have to be like this.  Hopefully all those jabs sat doing nothing will get used soon at least, perhaps they can expand the vaccination groups - in particular now the reduction in hospitalisations data has been published.  We've also seen healthcare workers in Belgium threaten to strike if they've been given the AstraZeneca jab.  It really is quite ludicrous.

To be fair though Berlin saying they'd let you choose your vaccine was always going to turn in to a bit of a mess, and the lack of public knowledge of what efficacy actually means (note it may sound like 'effective' but it's a far more nuanced description) made this quite a messy situation.

Hope you lot get yourself sorted soon though.  Think Pfizer's production should sort it out by the end of Q2 and can start laying jabs into people to get everyone protected by the end of summer.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #51356 on: February 23, 2021, 04:04:28 pm »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:19:48 pm by filopastry »

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51357 on: February 23, 2021, 04:05:54 pm »
You're right, no mention of it, yet they are reporting people scrambling to book as if there's only 1 day left.

It's these people who are the ones who acted like caged animals who went mad upon being released last year. They went all over home and abroad mixing with everyone who spread it all over again creating new variants and started the 2nd wave.

If people were just a bit more sensible, we could've had these things open much earlier.

Think it's also a psychological thing, people are itching to get some space, to see somewhere new and many have some cash in their pocket after a reduction in expenses over the lockdown.  I don't think I'd begrudge anyone a bit of a blow out holiday and there is some logic to getting in there early.

More broadly though, at least you know the majority of the UK population will have been vaccinated - which means less illness, less mutation and less need to worry.  It's those who seem to be optimistically wanting to travel to areas which are barely anywhere through their vaccination program and likely to be wary of British tourists (with the predominance of the B117 variant) tipping up.  Perhaps later in the year when we've seen a more broad roll out I can understand it, but before that, seems like there are a lot of variables.  In particular how the lockdowns/restrictions hold once the weather starts improving and people naturally want to get back outside again.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51358 on: February 23, 2021, 04:09:40 pm »
So unless I got the wrong end of the stick a healthy 20 year old in the UK will have access to the vaccination before a 80 year old woman in Kenya? Its great that we are hopefully seeing light at the end of the tunnel but still remember Michael Ryan from WHO, who was disgusted how some countries were fighting to be first in the queue when others cant even get in line. How true he was when you see countries vaccinating people who should be last in line.

To an extent they had to do it this way - I can't see how telling people to stay at home to protect others makes any sense if they're just going to deny them the vaccine at the end of it.  For 20 year olds, it's less about protecting them but more about closing down vectors for everyone else.  Think we can switch to offering the younger generation some 'freebies' like pizzas at vaccination centres to get them to actually turn up, as I can't imagine it'd be much of a priority for many unless there is something in it for them.  We've seen some success with this in Israel and the comms strategy does seem to be targetting various groups (seen quite a few BAME vaccine ads, presumably they'll do the same with women since they're slightly less likely to get vaccinated).

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51359 on: February 23, 2021, 04:14:44 pm »
That reminds me, I was reading something over the weekend (I think it was the i) all those mass beach visits last year that had everyone (and I include myself) in a mixture of rage and horror had no impact on anything to do with Covid, didn’t cause any spikes in cases or local outbreaks or anything of note whatsoever.

That is interesting to discover, our kid was going mental as he couldn't even take the dogs for their usual walks due to the amount of people on the beach.

Makes you wonder then if a flight of vaccinated brits flies to a resort or island that is mainly taking Brits and then everyone is outside all the time and follows the rules inside, is it any worse than going the pub/beach in the UK?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:17:11 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA