Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3457903 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #51240 on: February 19, 2021, 08:35:59 pm »
France is weird...

They’ve had 20k-25k cases a day for months now...

Are they in lockdown? Are their measures working? They certainly aren’t seeing numbers increase, but they’ve kept numbers steady at a really high level... which is odd.

They have a curfew from 18:00 to 06:00, that much I do know.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51241 on: February 19, 2021, 08:38:05 pm »
Plenty of examples in this thread alone. I know of a handful who have managed to get it too the same way.

Just seems strange that local surgeries wouldn't have a list of local people who are next on the most vulnerable list to ring to see if they can get there in the next X minutes before they start ringing people are aren't vulnerable or their family/mates.
I think a lot of it might be to with lists already having been drawn up and probably those on the list already officially booked in or about to be booked in pretty soon.

Calling them in at short notice creates more work for the surgery - amending the list of people that are next up as they’ve now already had it and creating a new list in time for the next batch of people who will be called.

It’s probably simpler for many surgeries to leave the planned list they already have for the next 3-4 weeks intact as they are stretched already. You’d rather their time is dedicated to getting the vaccinations done rather than constantly amending the list of upcoming people. The wait for these folks shouldn’t be long even if they stick to their original plans - you’re probably only talking a week or two for the majority.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51242 on: February 19, 2021, 08:38:49 pm »
Pretty sure they are if you are on benefits, under 18, or pregnant.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. But adults in work and not in receipt of benefits do pay, thats what I was getting at so it’s not free for everyone like going to the GP for example.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51243 on: February 19, 2021, 09:36:59 pm »
Yeah, that’s what I thought. But adults in work and not in receipt of benefits do pay, thats what I was getting at so it’s not free for everyone like going to the GP for example.

Yeah but what I was getting at is if you don't turn up you don't need to pay.  I've got a private dentist and get charged whether I turn up or not, but I'm aware the NHS dentists have a huge issue with people just deciding not to go and not fussed about telling anyone about it.  The same for vaccinations, there is no downside to just using the booking system then deciding you'll sack it off as you don't fancy going whilst it's raining.

Obviously it's great to see Zeb's post on the other page with such high confidence/intention to get vaccinated, and hope that carries through in to seeing people actually get a jab.  I'd imagine there's a strong social bias to people being interviewed and asked if they'll get a vaccine or not, so lets hope this isn't just hot air.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51244 on: February 19, 2021, 10:15:39 pm »
No, I understand what you're saying and do agree with what you've said there. But, with 1.6 million working in the social care sector - to have a third, that's approx half a million, not have a vaccine is a huge problem.......don't know what proportion are from BAME background though, and hopefully what you suggest will have an affect. I still think it should be mandatory for care staff though.
My sister is still in hospital having tested Covid positive at the end of last year, after a member of staff brought it into the home. Subsequently the whole home was infected and in lockdown and on Red alert and now they cannot vaccinate residents until they are clear. So, as Paul above suggests, some form of regulation could be used, surely - I mean this is still killing elderly people. When I worked in the NHS we were mandated to have the Hepatitis B vaccine as it was highly recommended to do so -

As an example, I found this in my former Trust policy document on 'Healthcare Workers Screening & Immunisation'....

'Occupational Health and Wellbeing (OHW) will identify the vaccinations required by different groups of staff and will make arrangements for these to take place. Line managers will be asked to ensure their staff attend for vaccinations where required and will be informed if their staff do not attend for vaccination and if workplace restrictions are required.

The four main staff groups for vaccination are: ‘staff involved in direct patient care’; ‘nonclinical staff in healthcare settings’; ‘laboratory and pathology staff’ and ‘staff handling specific organisms’. The vaccinations required for each group are set out in this policy.

Health Care Workers (HCW) joining the Trust who will have direct contact with patient’s blood or other body fluids/ tissues, must provide documentary evidence of satisfactory hepatitis B antibody levels (anti-HBs >10mIU/mL) or must undergo testing and/or hepatitis B immunisation.

Non- immune clinical HCW who will have regular contact with blood or bodily fluids, must receive appropriate immunisations in the Occupational Health Department (OH).Further specific details about management of each vaccination can be obtained from the Trust Standard Operating Procedures:'

Interesting this, I didn't realise hepatitis vaccines were required. I was keen to progress with pushing for educating people before mandating but at this point I feel the remaining people are probably going to be the hardest to budge.

I'm also a bit sceptical whether this Tory populist government with a strong libertarian backbench would want to be seen to mandating vaccinations either. I can't imagine it, personally, but care workers need to ultimately be mindful of where they work.
YNWA.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51245 on: February 19, 2021, 10:23:51 pm »
For anyone whose been vaccinated after booking an appointment (as opposed to because there’s spare vaccine that needs to be used), how do you chose where to get vaccinated? Do they give you a list of a few places near by or so you have quite a large choice? The reason I ask is that I haven’t changed my address and the NHS still think I live at my parents (not that it’s a million miles away).

My parents had a letter through the door with their NHS number inviting them to book online. There was a fairly broad set of vaccination centres there (included some about an hour away too) with seemingly lots of availability. Next day or two they also received a call from our GP where they were invited to a more local clinic instead (walking distance).

But feasibly the online website will give you a range of different places to book in what I imagine to be your NHS 'area'. All mine seemed to be in South West London and South London.
YNWA.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51246 on: February 19, 2021, 10:40:36 pm »
Several cases found of the Brazilian variant in Ireland. Linked to recent travel there. Bravo. Big massive fucking round of applause.

Well, that's that one out of the box.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51247 on: February 19, 2021, 10:45:26 pm »
Several cases found of the Brazilian variant in Ireland. Linked to recent travel there. Bravo. Big massive fucking round of applause.

Laughable, both by the government allowing it and of individuals making that journey.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51248 on: February 19, 2021, 10:47:59 pm »
You're right Craig, I know of a few examples also. I do wonder if it's a matter of some vaccine types not being able to be kept and so they've happy to use them.

I suspect its a combination of

1. People have medical conditions not broadcast publically
2. Incorrect or out of date coding on gp registers
3. People who happen to be contactable for end of day or no show left overs and/or happen to be in the right place at the right time

As someone said above the logistics of organising this are insane. It takes a lot of effort to move people around pre existing lists planned a few weeks in advance. So if gaps appear may have to fill with flexibility in who is offered to
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51249 on: February 19, 2021, 11:47:25 pm »
Plenty of examples in this thread alone. I know of a handful who have managed to get it too the same way.

Just seems strange that local surgeries wouldn't have a list of local people who are next on the most vulnerable list to ring to see if they can get there in the next X minutes before they start ringing people are aren't vulnerable or their family/mates.
my mates missus who does admin for the local Drug and Alcohol abuse team, works one day a week and from home has just had her second Pfizer jab and she's 42!

She had the second jab three weeks after the first, apparently they had a batch left over after they finished the key workers so they targeted  the local council staff when she had her first.

Another friend's son who is 17 had his as he volunteers at a local special needs school!?!

It seems just as random in Wales as it does in England
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:10:00 am by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51250 on: February 19, 2021, 11:48:22 pm »

Yes I know someone who's 21 who had their vaccine done. Their cousin works at the surgery, and they said to her if you have any friends and family, you can come here before 8pm and we will do it. Low and behold, people they hadn't spoken to in a while came, and was like a family reunion at the surgery. This was early January too.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #51251 on: February 20, 2021, 01:27:34 am »
Thread by Lewis Goodall (Newsnight) on disparity by postcode in vaccination rates across Birmingham: https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1362891194414616584

Non-twitter view of it: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1362891194414616584.html

Ties in with a Sky story from earlier tonight: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-ethnicity-biggest-determining-factor-in-vaccine-uptake-study-finds-12222636

Kind of fits to why they've gone for the approach they have where I live. Also noticeable on the Sky map is not just London but also the big urban centres elsewhere with lower rates of vaccination for whichever reason/s.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51252 on: February 20, 2021, 02:37:55 am »
Thread by Lewis Goodall (Newsnight) on disparity by postcode in vaccination rates across Birmingham: https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1362891194414616584

Non-twitter view of it: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1362891194414616584.html

Ties in with a Sky story from earlier tonight: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-ethnicity-biggest-determining-factor-in-vaccine-uptake-study-finds-12222636

Kind of fits to why they've gone for the approach they have where I live. Also noticeable on the Sky map is not just London but also the big urban centres elsewhere with lower rates of vaccination for whichever reason/s.

I guess the real issue comes about if these areas correlate with the areas we were talking about the past few days - those areas that infection rates may not be falling as fast as the national average, the ones maybe that have seen the infection rate plateaued already.

If we have an overlap between those that are currently more likely to be infected and those that are more likely to refuse a vaccine, then that creates a real problem. And most likely that is exactly the case.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51253 on: February 20, 2021, 07:02:06 am »
I do understand that those on an official list, who haven't had their call yet, are getting frustrated when they hear about young people getting vaccinated before them. But honestly I don't think vaccinating at random in the younger age groups (those not on the priority lists) would be a big problem. We don't have a clear picture of who is at higher risk in those age groups (outside of those with certain medical conditions), so vaccinating at random is just as likely to get the right people as going through them in order. Plus the current "lets call someone nearby" approach seems to get a lot of school and shop staff, who are at higher risk of exposure to the virus, and also more likely to be a significant multiplicator, if they were ill.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #51254 on: February 20, 2021, 07:43:23 am »
I think a lot of it might be to with lists already having been drawn up and probably those on the list already officially booked in or about to be booked in pretty soon.

Calling them in at short notice creates more work for the surgery - amending the list of people that are next up as they’ve now already had it and creating a new list in time for the next batch of people who will be called.

It’s probably simpler for many surgeries to leave the planned list they already have for the next 3-4 weeks intact as they are stretched already. You’d rather their time is dedicated to getting the vaccinations done rather than constantly amending the list of upcoming people. The wait for these folks shouldn’t be long even if they stick to their original plans - you’re probably only talking a week or two for the majority.
Additionally, it might be confusing to be already booked in and then asked to come along. I think as long as there is no evidence of people buying their way into the spare vaccine or too much calling in friends and family and while we are smashing through this it's not really a problem.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #51255 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:31 am »
Yeah but what I was getting at is if you don't turn up you don't need to pay.  I've got a private dentist and get charged whether I turn up or not, but I'm aware the NHS dentists have a huge issue with people just deciding not to go and not fussed about telling anyone about it.  The same for vaccinations, there is no downside to just using the booking system then deciding you'll sack it off as you don't fancy going whilst it's raining.

Obviously it's great to see Zeb's post on the other page with such high confidence/intention to get vaccinated, and hope that carries through in to seeing people actually get a jab.  I'd imagine there's a strong social bias to people being interviewed and asked if they'll get a vaccine or not, so lets hope this isn't just hot air.

Had a filling done, midday yesterday. I got a call from the receptionist at 9 to see if I was still coming. They have a real problem with no shows apparently.
Similarly the NHS were doing a publicity campaign a while back about missed appointments.
As you say some people are not bothered if it doesn’t cost them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51256 on: February 20, 2021, 08:26:39 am »
I suspect its a combination of

1. People have medical conditions not broadcast publically
2. Incorrect or out of date coding on gp registers
3. People who happen to be contactable for end of day or no show left overs and/or happen to be in the right place at the right time

As someone said above the logistics of organising this are insane. It takes a lot of effort to move people around pre existing lists planned a few weeks in advance. So if gaps appear may have to fill with flexibility in who is offered to
Yeah you're right Guz, the entire organisation must be complex. I understand there'll be a bit more of a push in a couple of weeks to help vulnerable people get it.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51257 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:35 am »

But we have mandatory  "self quarantine".  Its an infallible system. 
In fact we should close prisons and have mandatory self jailing as well. We'd save a fortune.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #51258 on: February 20, 2021, 09:35:30 am »
Last I read was we had 3 cases of the Brazilian variant in Ireland? I'd hardly call that several. It's literally one more than one or two  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #51259 on: February 20, 2021, 09:48:19 am »
Last I read was we had 3 cases of the Brazilian variant in Ireland? I'd hardly call that several. It's literally one more than one or two  ;D

Is three or more not the very definition of several?  :D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51260 on: February 20, 2021, 09:55:32 am »

I'd say it's closer to a few than several. Several to me anyway indicates more than three, though maybe that's only to me.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51261 on: February 20, 2021, 09:59:12 am »
Additionally, it might be confusing to be already booked in and then asked to come along. I think as long as there is no evidence of people buying their way into the spare vaccine or too much calling in friends and family and while we are smashing through this it's not really a problem.

But there are a lot of people 60-65, with pre-existing conditions, who aren’t yet booked in or even been contacted.

Yet 40yr olds (or even 20 odd years olds) are being phoned up ahead of them.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #51262 on: February 20, 2021, 10:00:14 am »
But there are a lot of people 60-65, with pre-existing conditions, who aren’t yet booked in or even been contacted.

Yet 40yr olds (or even 20 odd years olds) are being phoned up ahead of them.
If we’re doing everyone over 40 by the end of March (if), then this shouldn’t be too much of a concern
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51263 on: February 20, 2021, 10:24:12 am »
The logistics of the vaccine roll out must be very complex.   No wonder some people are getting missed for a few weeks.    Hats off to the staff involved in this. 

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51264 on: February 20, 2021, 10:29:42 am »
Total population of Rotherham Borough is just over 265k and we've already vaccinated 70k.

That's pretty good going I'd say!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51265 on: February 20, 2021, 10:30:17 am »

Yes, it is. A lot of people seem to assume it’s to do with the number seven though.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51266 on: February 20, 2021, 10:40:06 am »
Yes, it is. A lot of people seem to assume it’s to do with the number seven though.

I was always taught a couple was two and then a few was 3 or more. Then you'd progress to your severals of the world. Clearly I'm wrong and need to write a strongly worded letter to my primary school  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51267 on: February 20, 2021, 10:40:44 am »
If we’re doing everyone over 40 by the end of March (if), then this shouldn’t be too much of a concern

Still the worry of catching the bloody thing in the meantime. I'd like us to have been vaccinated before our kids return to school
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51268 on: February 20, 2021, 10:41:24 am »
Didn't think RAWK could surprise me any further but a debate on what constitutes several has done that ;D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51269 on: February 20, 2021, 10:44:16 am »

Three "know" cases. We're a basket case and completely reliant on vaccines. Hopefully they work on all the varients which will inevitably be allowed in. We have guidelines but not rules. Locked down until May at least and that's best case scenario.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51270 on: February 20, 2021, 10:45:35 am »

Doubt that comforts 64yr olds with underlying conditions much.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51271 on: February 20, 2021, 10:45:58 am »
Didn't think RAWK could surprise me any further but a debate on what constitutes several has done that ;D

It’s only happened a couple of times.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #51272 on: February 20, 2021, 10:48:59 am »
Still the worry of catching the bloody thing in the meantime. I'd like us to have been vaccinated before our kids return to school
Yeah... I totally see that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51273 on: February 20, 2021, 10:55:34 am »

Now you've made me Google it. It's three or more apparently ;D

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51274 on: February 20, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
Now you've made me Google it. It's three or more apparently ;D

Didnt Google point you back to this page!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51275 on: February 20, 2021, 11:35:34 am »
I'd say it's closer to a few than several. Several to me anyway indicates more than three, though maybe that's only to me.

Its three known cases. That pretty much means, as far as this virus is concerned, there will be more than three.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #51276 on: February 20, 2021, 11:38:51 am »
Its three known cases. That pretty much means, as far as this virus is concerned, there will be more than three.

It means there are several, or possibly a few

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51277 on: February 20, 2021, 11:49:15 am »
Dont Ireland have a no travel policy or borders closed to certain countries?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51278 on: February 20, 2021, 01:24:22 pm »
It means there are several, or possibly a few
A few is more than one but less than many. Several is more than two but less than many so the number of cases could be either a few or several but the way this virus spreads there could already be many!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51279 on: February 20, 2021, 01:26:08 pm »
Dont Ireland have a no travel policy or borders closed to certain countries?
I think it's an advisory travel ban for non-essential reasons whatever the fuck that actually means