Author Topic: Round table: Firmino the next piece in the puzzle  (Read 91398 times)

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Round table: Firmino the next piece in the puzzle
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2015, 12:59:39 pm »
btw - what was he doing in celebrating that goal? he seemed like he wanted to lift the shirt and show a shirt underneath with a saying on it (or picture) - then realized it was just a red shirt.... then started doing a "crazy" sign?  ;D

Yeah, I noticed it as well, love him, but he was certainly confused as what to do and in the end was just like "fuck it".   ;D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2015, 01:21:31 pm »
Just in response to the "slight" comments, Firmino started off as a defensive midfielder, but was moved forward to where his skills could do the most damage. Hence why his defensive stats are so strong for an attacker.

Id suggest Klopp influenced the signing in the summer. He's  too perfect a forward in a Klopp system for it to be coincidence.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2015, 01:28:01 pm »
What a fucking player.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: November 23, 2015, 01:29:19 pm »
btw - what was he doing in celebrating that goal? he seemed like he wanted to lift the shirt and show a shirt underneath with a saying on it (or picture) - then realized it was just a red shirt.... then started doing a "crazy" sign?  ;D

I thought he went to take his shirt off then realised its a yellow card and decided against it

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: November 23, 2015, 01:34:06 pm »
I thought he went to take his shirt off then realised its a yellow card and decided against it

Yep that's what I thought too. I assume in Germany they don't get booked for taking top off?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #485 on: November 23, 2015, 01:59:24 pm »
Like I said on the previous page, this was one of the great false nine performances in a Liverpool shirt. It really was. He was absolutely immense and, for mine, man of the match. The pass for the second goal was something you just can't teach. The vision and the ability to create something while running slightly away from goal.

I still think he will be employed behind Benteke in home matches and less difficult away matches, too. He "did a job" yesterday, and did it with aplomb. Some player, this boy.

I've said in earlier posts about 4 weeks ago that Roberto Firmino will be our most important player this season.

I'm sticking with that.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #486 on: November 23, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
Yep that's what I thought too. I assume in Germany they don't get booked for taking top off?

Yes they do. Still, sometimes you just feel like it and thankfully he didn't do it. Smart decision-making again by him  ;)
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: November 23, 2015, 02:28:15 pm »
The camera shot wasn't quite clear on it but I think he might have lifted the shirt to kiss the LFC badge. You see him lean his head down as he pulls the shirt up.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: November 23, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »
I think he was just so buzzing he went to do about 4 things at once before settling on doing the crazy thing, which I quite liked. It was crazy.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2015, 02:34:09 pm »
He does look some player, loved the third goal - it was like time stood still when I waited for the flag to go up, was made up for him.
Definately a Klopp signing and going on what we've seen, the price tag was fully justified.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #490 on: November 23, 2015, 02:52:02 pm »
I think a front three of Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge ticks all the boxes when looking for a recipe for a devastating attacking unit.

Mouth-watering 8)
Wait till Allan joins the fray! ;D
We'll have 3 true and an honorary Brazilian wreaking havoc up-front.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: November 23, 2015, 02:57:32 pm »
I thought he was going to take his top off then remembered he'd get a card so stopped

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:12 pm »
Wait till Allan joins the fray! ;D
We'll have 3 true and an honorary Brazilian wreaking havoc up-front.

Christ on a bike.....we sign Pato in Jan, and as you say Allan comes in.

Does this mean we can compete in the Copa America too??

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #493 on: November 23, 2015, 03:03:50 pm »
He does look like Gok Wan though...
For me- he reminds me of my little nephew.. Can't see anyone else in him.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline ScouserCal

• Main Stander
« Reply #494 on: November 23, 2015, 03:06:42 pm »
I've said in earlier posts about 4 weeks ago that Roberto Firmino will be our most important player this season.

I'm sticking with that.

Not a chance mate, Coutinho is the magic is this team. Absolute genius he is.

Congrats to Firmino tho him and coutinho looked like they were playing beach football at times  :D

Lets hope the Brazilian duo have more of this to come

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #495 on: November 23, 2015, 03:12:24 pm »

Congrats to Firmino tho him and coutinho looked like they were playing beach football at times  :D

No mate. Firmino will be the man AT the the end of the season.

Who's up for saying Coutinho next? Let's keep this going for the rest of the season... and see them both tear the Premier League 2 new arseholes.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: November 23, 2015, 03:33:33 pm »
The way Klopp is playing him is more how I saw him being used. As a false nine or second striker rather than wide player. Playing a central role in attack I think he could be a 15 goal + 15 assist player. Shifting him out wide marginalises his impact badly.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #497 on: November 23, 2015, 03:36:21 pm »

I still think Firmino will be pivotal. He'll the go to frontman to start our pressing from the top of the field, and I'm hopefully he will get 10-12 goals between now and May.

No belittling Phil, who is a genius player but I just feel Roberto Firmino will nit together or forward line, with or without Sturridge in the team.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #498 on: November 24, 2015, 06:26:23 am »
I still think Firmino will be pivotal. He'll the go to frontman to start our pressing from the top of the field, and I'm hopefully he will get 10-12 goals between now and May.

No belittling Phil, who is a genius player but I just feel Roberto Firmino will nit together or forward line, with or without Sturridge in the team.
Agree mate. The reason why I'm agreeing on Firmino being THE most important player for us is(even now) as I've said earlier- he was the player we missed last season. He's the player that makes things happen and links up everyone up-front. Last season we had Coutinho, but even if it went okay enough- given the circumstances, just throw Firmino in that mix. We'd have been flying.

As I mentioned a week ago- look at how he makes Ibe and Clyne's pace and wingplay emerge and shine, look at how much space he makes for Coutinho upfront, allowing him to shoot and look at how he made everything click this weekend and everyone mobile- bringing the very best out of Coutinho by giving him a fulcrum- someone to bounce passes off and allowing him the freedom to run in-behind, into space and receive it. That Coutinho this weekend was absolutely devastating and Firmino was a big part of that.

Coutinho might score the important goals now, but take Firmino out and I'm sure we'd struggle for goals and be a bit "static". We'll have to be satisfied with 1-0s and 1-1s again.

Put him out-wide, he cuases havoc- working in tandem with the speedy Ibe and Clyne(and Coutinho on his left), put him central and he scores and causes havoc in and around the box and get others ticking.
He can potentially play and be a danger anywhere across the front three the way I see it. NOW that- is an important player - not just the goals he scores but the ability to put the heebeejeebees into the opposition.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:34:53 am by the_red_pill »

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: November 24, 2015, 07:32:15 am »
The camera shot wasn't quite clear on it but I think he might have lifted the shirt to kiss the LFC badge. You see him lean his head down as he pulls the shirt up.

Yes, He kissed the badge. One camera angle showed that clearly.

What a player. Good times aheaf.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #500 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:58 am »
Reminiscent of a Suarez performance :'')
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #501 on: December 17, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »
Looks like a rythmn player to me, and he's slightly out of tune at the moment.  It'll come back, you only have to re-watch the City game to see what he's like when on song :-)
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #502 on: January 14, 2016, 01:45:57 pm »
Looks like a rythmn player to me, and he's slightly out of tune at the moment.  It'll come back, you only have to re-watch the City game to see what he's like when on song :-)

Came in to post this. Don't know if it's extra space to play, motivation or he's just inconsistant. It's maddening that he is so instrumental in destroying the back lines of Chelsea, City & Arsenal and next to invisible in other games.

The quality is there, how does Klopp squeeze it out of him twice, three times a week?

Have to say, though, I was really annoyed about the card for taking off his shirt. I'm not a huge fan of sponsorship but it's a fact of modern football. I understand players don't care about SC or Crown Paints or whoever paid for 11 walking billboards in front of multi-million viewers, but I do care about the badge and what it means to wear this shirt. I don't hold with ripping it off and chucking it away no matter how sublime or exciting the goal was.

For the record I also think it's bollox to card for that but that's the rule and the players know it. So not only it it disrespectful to the guys who are paying you, the people watching you in the pissing rain & sleet (and those tucked up cosy warm at home under a blanket with a cup of coco in their hand), it also opens up the door for some piss poor excuse of a ref, and there's a lot of them about these days, to card you again for some small offense. Suddenly your teammates, who are already struggling with injuries, a stupidly busy schedule and playing against the current best team in the league, have to deal with playing with 1 man less and a tough job becomes an impossible job. 

tl;dr, great job Rob but keep your top on!

Now go do it again next week.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #503 on: January 14, 2016, 10:38:28 pm »

Now go do it again next week.
Nah... He was great versus Arsenal, now he is due 5 anonymous games.   ;D

I hope he keeps it up, really. But it's not a coincidence that he plays his best without Benteke.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 15, 2016, 01:14:19 am »
Nah... He was great versus Arsenal, now he is due 5 anonymous games.   ;D

I hope he keeps it up, really. But it's not a coincidence that he plays his best without Benteke.
I don't think there has ever been two players signed at the same time by the same club for big money who fit each others styles so poorly.

It's actually quite remarkable. Benteke is a good player but he doesn't suit Firmino who is a very good and could be great player if we get the right players around him.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #505 on: January 15, 2016, 02:16:19 am »
I don't think there has ever been two players signed at the same time by the same club for big money who fit each others styles so poorly.

It's actually quite remarkable. Benteke is a good player but he doesn't suit Firmino who is a very good and could be great player if we get the right players around him.

Carroll & Suarez?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #506 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:46 am »
Carroll & Suarez?

Kirkland and Dudek? :D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #507 on: January 15, 2016, 10:56:03 am »

it looked like someone grabbed him quick before he could take his shirt off, to me,  then he realised
 I watched him a lot on BT Sport in the Bundesliga and the guy can turn in performances like that not consistently but often enough to count, and when he isn't scoring worldies though he always makes a valuable contribution to the game with his undoubted energy and skillful touch, he needs someone to play off who reacts as quick as he does though.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2016, 12:07:32 pm »
Carroll & Suarez?
Haha correct. Nice to see we are learning.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #509 on: January 15, 2016, 09:26:54 pm »
Carroll & Suarez?

That all purposeful plan B, if short passing doesn't work hoof it up to the big man to muscle everyone out, is just too enticing for managers to resist. They watch it from the lesser sides defeat our center-backs, week in and week out, and think "Why can't we do that?" ending up with the same inconsistent results as said lesser sides.

To be fair it happened to Pep too when he signed Zlatan, but he learned, don't bother with a Plan B make the Plan A even better. Hopefully Jurgen has the same realization and the same ability to see it through.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:29:05 pm by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying