Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886276 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #9800 on: March 13, 2021, 11:06:51 am »
A fitness expert said in a podcast that given his age and accumulation of injuries we shouldn't be looking to play Henderson more than one game a week and if we make Europe (likely UEFA) I'd want that one game a week to be in the league. So you may see more Keita in Europe (if we qualify) than the league.

We should ideally have used that approach this season with Henderson. We were managing his minutes well early season but once Fabinho had to be used at the back it meant we needed Henderson more in midfield (and then at the back after more injuries). In a condensed schedule a muscle injury was inevitable.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #9801 on: March 13, 2021, 12:25:57 pm »
A fitness expert said in a podcast that given his age and accumulation of injuries we shouldn't be looking to play Henderson more than one game a week and if we make Europe (likely UEFA) I'd want that one game a week to be in the league. So you may see more Keita in Europe (if we qualify) than the league.

That would make sense. Especially after he decided to take take a leaf out of Woys book and “test his own resolve” immediately after picking up the injury.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9802 on: March 13, 2021, 03:15:50 pm »
Keita has the potential to be the best midfielder at this club, would certainly want him st eating more than 10 games in the league in an ideal world, even if those games come at the cost of our captain or another midfielder.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9803 on: March 15, 2021, 10:57:33 pm »
Another fantastic performance. Turns on a six pence.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9804 on: March 15, 2021, 11:04:14 pm »
Thought he should have started today.  Hopefully he comes back from the break in one piece and we can see more of him in the run in.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9805 on: March 15, 2021, 11:11:25 pm »
This guy needs to play. He offers so much,I hope Jurgen is simply easing him back as he offers so much.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9806 on: March 15, 2021, 11:46:27 pm »
Our best midfielder if we’re not considering the number 6 position.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9807 on: March 15, 2021, 11:56:07 pm »
Always tries the forward pass. Very direct. Something we've missed during our dismal run.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9808 on: March 16, 2021, 12:30:06 am »
he needs to start.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9809 on: March 16, 2021, 03:52:17 am »
Always tries the forward pass. Very direct. Something we've missed during our dismal run.
Yep.
he needs to start.
Yep.

I'd really like to see him grow into the player we all expected. He's got the quality, he needs the game and luck with (or rather without) injuries.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9810 on: March 16, 2021, 08:31:14 am »
I'm glad it sounds like Keita is going to be held back from joining his international team. I think a lot of Keita's injury problems can be attributed to his international team disregarding Keita just returning from injury to overplay him making the injury worse.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #9811 on: March 16, 2021, 09:15:07 am »
I'm glad it sounds like Keita is going to be held back from joining his international team. I think a lot of Keita's injury problems can be attributed to his international team disregarding Keita just returning from injury to overplay him making the injury worse.

Where did you hear that mate? Great if true.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9812 on: March 16, 2021, 09:35:23 am »
Fantastic news if true.

His current and previous national team managers are from the Hodgson "I'm going to test his resolve" coaching school.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9813 on: March 16, 2021, 11:17:44 am »
Fantastic news if true.

His current and previous national team managers are from the Hodgson "I'm going to test his resolve" coaching school.

I picture the Guinean setup like a scene from one of the SAW movies. I am almost shocked he returns back alive after a international break. Complete psychopaths.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9814 on: March 16, 2021, 12:11:26 pm »
Keita has the potential to be the best midfielder at this club, would certainly want him st eating more than 10 games in the league in an ideal world, even if those games come at the cost of our captain or another midfielder.

He's always had potential but so far he's never turn that into match-winning performances.
I'd love him to succeed but first and foremost he needs to stay injury free. Even if available, I would be pleasantly surprised if he becomes more than a squad player. At over £50 million, he's a player we can ill afford.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9815 on: March 16, 2021, 04:19:43 pm »
It's one thing to say Naby hasn't been healthy enough in his LFC career and I think we can all agree on that.  It's a completely different thing to act like in the times he did play that he didn't on the whole play well and already show that he would have been worth the money if he could have stayed healthy.  He's been part of some pretty amazing team performances over the last 2 years and he wasn't being hid out on the pitch while they were happening.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #9816 on: March 16, 2021, 04:44:04 pm »
Yep.

Yep.

Thanks Macca.

Now let’s bring in Peter Walton...

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9817 on: March 16, 2021, 04:46:10 pm »
Fantastic news if true.

The Echo are reporting he is going away to play in the first match, but then coming back and not playing in the second match.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-take-major-decision-over-20184830
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9818 on: March 16, 2021, 05:40:56 pm »
So he's going for just long enough to get injured.  Tremendous news.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9819 on: March 16, 2021, 11:09:25 pm »
So he's going for just long enough to get injured.  Tremendous news.
So what's it to be, an injury or covid?
Can't believe they're still staging internationals during the current pandemic, it's fucking mental.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9820 on: March 17, 2021, 02:02:25 am »
The 2nd game is in Namibia which is in the UK red tier so FIFA's rules let us hold him back then similar to the Brazil players.  Basically anything that would require a 10-14 day quarantine upon return. 

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9821 on: March 27, 2021, 05:22:06 pm »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9822 on: April 6, 2021, 09:32:28 pm »

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9823 on: April 6, 2021, 09:56:27 pm »
Was there an injury tonight? Or was it tactical?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9824 on: April 6, 2021, 09:58:02 pm »
Was there an injury tonight? Or was it tactical?

injury - he came off before the half.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #9825 on: April 6, 2021, 09:59:59 pm »

I don't know. He seemed fine walking off and he was shockingly bad, I think personally Klopp was hammering home a point. He and Klopp didn't acknowledge each other on the touchline when he came off.

But you know, someone will tell me some pointless stats about how he was actually really good.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9826 on: April 6, 2021, 10:00:27 pm »

Yeah, I saw that but didn't have the commentary on so wasn't sure if it was an injury or not

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9827 on: April 6, 2021, 10:01:16 pm »

I would prefer to think it was tactical, it wasn't working.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9828 on: April 6, 2021, 10:01:29 pm »
Feel for Keita. He was piss poor today, but so were Gini and Fabinho. Sucks that he was the one to be made an example of. Hopefully he'll have the mental fortitude to bounce back.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9829 on: April 6, 2021, 10:01:31 pm »
I don't know. He seemed fine walking off and he was shockingly bad, I think personally Klopp was hammering home a point. He and Klopp didn't acknowledge each other on the touchline when he came off.

But you know, someone will tell me some pointless stats about how he was actually really good.
The modern day Harry Kewell.  But with less productivity to show for it.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9830 on: April 6, 2021, 10:01:49 pm »
This is all so weird. Klopp never plays him and then starts him in the biggest game of the season. He looks a little off the pace unsurprisingly but he’s surrounded by teammates who could not be stinking the place out more. He gets hooked at 41 minutes? What was Klopp thinking?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9831 on: April 6, 2021, 10:03:35 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if someone came up with stats to show he was better than Gini or Fab in that first half. That said they were woeful.

I expect he's injured though. He has sturridge syndrome.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9832 on: April 6, 2021, 10:04:29 pm »
Whether it was injury or performance, that surely has to mark the point of no return. He just can't be relied upon and unlike say Mane doesn't have much credit in the bank.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9833 on: April 6, 2021, 10:05:45 pm »
Not for me after that, decent squad option but not an important member for me from now on.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #9834 on: April 6, 2021, 10:05:51 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if someone came up with stats to show he was better than Gini or Fab in that first half. That said they were woeful.

I expect he's injured though. He has sturridge syndrome.

I said in the half time thread that Gini and Fab have credit in the bank for what they've done for us on the big stage, Keita hasn't. So in terms of trust, rank and seniority he was always going to be the one to make way.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9835 on: April 6, 2021, 10:06:17 pm »
My bad - I swear I heard injury. He made a turn in the corner and got raked on the ankle - dribbled a bit more and passed off with 20 yards of free space. Made me think he felt something then.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9836 on: April 6, 2021, 10:08:38 pm »
I said in the half time thread that Gini and Fab have credit in the bank for what they've done for us on the big stage, Keita hasn't. So in terms of trust, rank and seniority he was always going to be the one to make way.

True although I still expect hes injured. Hopefully not.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9837 on: April 6, 2021, 10:08:47 pm »
Whether it’s an injury or tactical, can’t see his time here getting any better.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9838 on: April 6, 2021, 10:09:14 pm »
Oh Naby Lad what have you done?

Genuine question on a number of different levels  :boxhead

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #9839 on: April 6, 2021, 10:10:24 pm »
Sometimes it just doesn't work out for great talents, and it's always sad to see. Time to move on.