Author Topic: New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool  (Read 45927 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
yeah, but whose arsed about surrey? you don't fuck with scousers ;)

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline Brother Mouzone

• Kopite
  • Keep your head up, keep kicking and don't drown
I said sommat like: I can't believe the BBC would have such bad taste and judgement as to employ someone rightly despised by football fans to present a programme on football.
If you are visiting Crete this year or any of the Greek islands please take a minute to visit this website www.findstevencook.co.uk and learn about a good Red who needs your help.

Offline andy_c

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Email sent. Just cut and pasted one off here. Dont know if it'll make any difference and doubt it will but point made - that twat is never going to be allowed to forget what he did.  :wanker
The evil love child of Erik Meijer.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
Done the deed

Offline Carwyn

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Message sent through BBC complaints policy-bog standard reply received-can't see it getting anywhere, but anyone thought about ringing in to any phone in-if there are any left!? Not sure if 606 is on anymore? Probably only get others moaning if someone did phone in-any word if other fans feel the same-or just aren't bothered?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:53:28 pm by Carwyn »
Who's bigger than Liverpool......I'm not havin that!

Offline RedKennedy

• Anny Roader
  • Justice For The 96
Email sent. Wonder if they send any replies.

The man is total C^NT.

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
Sent this. Intentionally made no mention of H'Borough. It's a disgrace in any event.

"I had the misfortune to see Kelvin McKenzie's scandalised person featured in a trailer last night on BBC television.

As a license payer and BBC supporter in general, I am appalled that this reputable public organisation has actively sought to include this wretched man in the making of radio/television broadcasts at my and other decent people's expense.

I won't go into the catalogue of disgrace that this 'man' has inflicted on countless, decent British (and non-British) people by way of lies and slander in his own inimitable and totally disreputable way.

I was none other than shocked to see him paraded on our beloved broadcaster's airwaves as, no less, an employee of the BBC.

What next? Topless darts on the BBC? Or perhaps, and more damagingly, some baseless slander, lies and hurt aimed at innocent people?

To put a fine point on it, whoever decided to feature this horrible excuse for a 'journalist' or 'broadcaster' on the esteemed BBC has made a terrible misjudgement, and this is an issue that I, unusually for me, will be taking up with my local MP.

A disgusting insult to all decent license payers."
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline smigger15

• Kopite
YNWA

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Have just sent this off...

As a long time supporter of the BBC and in particular Five Live. I find it repugnant at best that you think that a programme based around scandal in our national game should be presented someone who has done more than most to stir up rampant right-wing nationalism and racism via his 'editorship' at the S**. 

As you are aware, it was under his control at the time of the most sickening example of football scandal ever was created.

By Himself.

By allowing him the airtime to present a programme on a subject where he is directly responsilble for the worst act of scandal ever in the game, is almost excusing his actions in the aftermath of Hillsborough.

He was and remains to this day unperturbed about his actions and to put no finer point on it, has still not apologised for his LIES, for that what they were.

The damage that this will cause for the BBC, football wise will be incalculable. It is obvious to you that many, many people are not happy that a racist apologist is being allowed airtime to sprew out his vile bile.

Do not dare reply unless I get a proper response for this.

Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
Many football supporters' sites , and God knows I've seen plenty, have their golden days when it all comes together.

But this site has more than most, and today was one of them.

YNWA.      JFT 96.

Only just seen this. Email and text sent, good work Nige. :thumbup

Offline gdr

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Job done Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lucas

• Kemlynite
Sent! YNWA

This complaint is regarding the BBC giving Kelvin MacKenzie a stage to spout his mindless tabloid views at this of all times(World Cup) when the BBC should be encouraging all genuine football fans to get behind this great game.  I feel ,as i'm sure any other knowledgable football fan does,  that this is not a person that you want associated with your organization, and shame the BBC for lowering itself to this scumbags level for the sake of a nabbing a few extra talksport listeners to boost ratings.

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
I've registered my complaint.
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
Sorted...........

As a licence payer, it is totally abhorrent that you will be using my money to line the pockets of Kelvin McKenzie. As for your stock complaints message that says he 'is hugely experienced in this field' with regards to his World Cup scandals program, the only huge experience he has is with huge lies. This man has no morals and unless his program is withdrawn, I shall withdraw from listening to Radio 5 Live.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Message sent through BBC complaints policy-bog standard reply received-can't see it getting anywhere, but anyone thought about ringing in to any phone in-if there are any left!? Not sure if 606 is on anymore? Probably only get others moaning if someone did phone in-any word if other fans feel the same-or just aren't bothered?

Yes.  I did this today.  Said what I wanted to talk about (kept it brief - standards in broadcasting, what is 5 Live thinking of etc).   I asked if I couldn't talk on air could my points be registered as a complaint.  I was assured that would happen.  The number os 0500 909 693 for any 5 Live talkshow.   I intend to keep on calling. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Stephen Nolan is on now doing his phone in show, I listen to him quite a lot and he's not one to dodge issues, if anyone wants to phone up, now might be the time.

nolan@bbc.co.uk if you wanna email him.

I haven't heard that advert at all this evening, good work kids :)

I'm not that great at writing complaint letters etc, so I'm working on mine and will be sending it on tomorrow night.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers honey.  :wave   How long is Steve Nolan on for?

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers honey.  :wave   How long is Steve Nolan on for?

He's on 10pm-1am.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
Excellent.  Thanks Claire.   :wave

Offline johnjohn

• Anny Roader
It says from 10pm on the bbc website.

you can post a qu/comment to the show on air here http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/nolan.shtml

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
Thanks JohnJohn  :wave    I'll try calling and if I can't get on air I'll post a message. 

Offline ThingOnASpring

• Legacy Fan
  • Young man! There's no need to feel down.
Sent email, and told quite a few people about this too. Even my man utd supporting boss agreed to send in a complaint.
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent.  Thanks Claire.   :wave

Go get 'em, Maggie ;D :wave

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
Even my man utd supporting boss agreed to send in a complaint.

I've found this too Super Springy.  My non LFC mates have done the same.  The view is that it could easily have been any of their own.

Offline 1896

• Main Stander
E-Mail sent.

Offline johnjohn

• Anny Roader
Just sent this to R5:

"Have listened to your show many times, and you have never been afraid to tackle some of society's difficult issues, and    I was impressed with the show that you did recently on abuse.

However, there is an issue that has caused a lot of distress but hasn't picked up any media coverage so far.  I am speaking about the decision to give Kelvin Mckenzie a platform with a 2 part show on World cup scandals.

I listen to the bbc for its quality reporting, journalism, integrity and entertainment.  However, the BBC is surely misguided in allowing this program to go ahead without some serious questions being asked.

So Steven, live up to your reputation and discuss this subject on air.

I'd be interested to hear your view."

Offline johnjohn

• Anny Roader
you can also email nolan@bbc.co.uk as i am not sure if the submission form on the bbc website was working

Offline ThingOnASpring

• Legacy Fan
  • Young man! There's no need to feel down.
I've found this too Super Springy.  My non LFC mates have done the same.  The view is that it could easily have been any of their own.

Aye, quite true. It's good to see that despite the views of people like mckenzie about football fans, that some issues do transcend tribal rivalry.
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
Cheers again JohnJohn.  You're a star mate.   :-* :wave

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
  • I'll show you that British craftsmanship is alive!
done, i've had half but here it is:

Dear BBC,

How laughable it is that you choose to commission Kelvin McKenzie to comment on footballing scandals.

Not only is this a waste of license payers money but even moreso considering his own campaign when at Talk sport to prevent the BBC's rights to coverage of events, and his consistent soapboxing that the license fee was a rip off. This was a constant editorial agenda during his tenure there.

The very fact that this man is willing to compromise his own views for a few quid is evidence of his moral fibre.

The very fact that you are willing to bring such a person on board is evidence that he was ironically correct.

Another irony is that by employing this man you are laughably reneging on Lord Reith's long standing mandate that the BBC is there to inform, educate and entertain.

In fact through hiring this man you are urnitating on the very grave of the BBC's moral existence, a similar act which Mr McKenzie himself once wrongly accused football fans of.

Just what is the meaning behind your choice of presenter and subject matter in fact?

Talking about exposing Wayne Rooney's brothel scandal, then in the next news break reporting on how we need him for the world cup?

Hypocrisy on a sickening level. It's not balanced reporting. What exactly is the editorial value of this programme?

It's sad that the company with which we are all stakeholders should compromise itself so much on a tentatively scandalous because it's also so short of ideas and creativity to produce original and quality programming.

Strangely enough, your choice of subject matter and presenter in this instance is the best comic tragedy the BBC have produced for a long time. Although sadly this seems to have happened more within the production unit than in the actual show itself.

Chris Cook
Werthers Hag

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
Excellent, Mr Chris.  :champ

Just spoken to Steve Nolan's studio.   Nothing will be discussed on McKenzie tonight.   Sleep tight and bac to the fray tomorrow.   :wave

Offline bleublancRed

• Anny Roader
I was talking to my Grandmother tonight, who is a bit of a Beeb addict, she's a bit set in her ways - listens to the Queens speech at Christmas, has her cup of tea at three O'Clock not a minute past !

Watches the cricket, loves the football but can't afford the Sky package on her pension so she keeps up to date with all sports news and coverage through five live or if she's lucky on the BBC television channels.

She said that she was very dissapointed have been hearing about a scandals broadcast which will be aired on the radio ( ok so she doesn't like eastenders either ) . Although she does know who " dirty den " was

she calls eastenders tabloid television, I think she's right. Although I think it' s a lot less harmless and more entertaKelvin McKenzie's ining than the tabloids.

I was very surprised when she told me that the footballing scandals programme on the radio was being presented by kelvin macenzie - It doesn't surprise me that he should be involved with such a programme.

What does surprise me is that the BBC should as my Grandmother said, broadcast such petty nothingness based on lies and half-truths.

I was able to re assure her that the "man" - kelvin macenzie was a far more capable man than  lies and half-truths, he is the "king" of untruths.

I think she was quite shocked with what I told her and the purely disgusting things that this guy has printed - she doesn't buy the tabloids and hates lies and liars.

I feel sorry for my gran, because she may miss out upon some good sports coverage this summer, although I know she'll be more than happy to stand up for what she feels is right she stayed up all night for me

when I came back from Belgium late the next day, we talked on the phone about other heartaches and we always talk about happy times and things that we don't like.

We don't like Kelvin McKenzie.

Tell him to fuck off

P.S - don't tell my grandmother that I said FUCK OFF - COS SHE JUST MIGHT START TOO !

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
Sent an email a few weeks ago.
I'll send another one with a different email add.
Keep the emails up and I suggest we make out we're not all Liverpool fans.
Otherwise the BBC will just think 'it's only Liverpool fans complaining so it's alright.'
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline PiranhaBill

• Main Stander
Might be worth emailing / calling Roger Phillips on BBC Radio Merseyside too !!

He'll follow it up and I dare say try and get somebody from 5Live on air.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
OK let's roll again folks.  They've just played the trailer again.  Had another mobile ready  ;)

Please text 85058 if you've not already done so.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 09:31:10 am by nige »

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
Right,here we go again.

Has anyone had a reply other than the bog standard one they're issueing?
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
Email sent.

Dear Sir

As a regular listener to your outstanding programme Radio 5 live, may I take this occasion to express my utter disbelief and total dissapointment at your decision to commission a certain Mr  Kelvin Mckensie to present a programme on Football scandals. I had thought that the BBC was above using the services of such a person and must inform you that I will refrain from listening to the programme, if this is the course the BBC has decided to take in the future.
I not only speak for myself, but for a large number of my colleagues who do not have access to the internet, as we are in an Army Camp in Germany.
I would like to urge you to reconsider this unfortunate decision, in the name of honest, serious journalism.

Yours Sincerely
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline johnjohn

• Anny Roader
lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes is on now, can email him at holmes@bbc.co.uk

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes is on now, can email him at holmes@bbc.co.uk

It'll be interesting to see if Jimmy McGovern's brother Derek, a Good Red & the betting tipster on the Eamonn Shithouse Show,  manages to get a dig in about the McKenzie programme during the next half hour.

[ He didn't. Difficult to bite the hand that feeds though ; especially when the EH show is done by a private production company for 5 Live ]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 11:30:50 am by nige »