Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 584423 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #4120 on: June 13, 2018, 01:40:50 pm »
Hope you enjoy your 6 months at Real Juan, you utter fool.

If he even gets that long

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4121 on: June 13, 2018, 01:44:49 pm »
AS claiming Madrid will avoid paying Lopetegui's release clause now that he's been sacked. Will be interesting to see if the Spanish FA has the cojones to sue them and Lopetegui

AS@diarioas
El Madrid no tendrá que pagar la cláusula de 2M€ de Lopetegui

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4122 on: June 13, 2018, 01:46:19 pm »
Hope you enjoy your 6 months at Real Juan, you utter fool.

Hopefully he spends much of the next couple of months trying to take United's best player away from them. ;D

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4123 on: June 13, 2018, 02:54:34 pm »
Third time in about 18 hours I've heard/seen this word being used.  What's with this new craze?  ;D

Is it a buzz word or could it be the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon in play my dude..? ;D

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4124 on: June 13, 2018, 03:01:17 pm »
Fucks sake. I was thinking of backing Spain to win the World cup.

This kind of puts a dampener on it
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4125 on: June 13, 2018, 03:40:23 pm »
Third time in about 18 hours I've heard/seen this word being used.  What's with this new craze?  ;D

Yeah. It's a bit short-sighted to keep using it. Lacks vision.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4126 on: June 13, 2018, 03:43:08 pm »
Good. Hopefully these lot crash out of the competition early.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4127 on: June 13, 2018, 03:54:05 pm »
Lopetegui went from WC winner to being fired half-way through next season in one poor decision.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #4128 on: June 13, 2018, 04:05:47 pm »
Is it a buzz word or could it be the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon in play my dude..? ;D

Just seen it in the Newcastle thread too. Definitely not in his imagination.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4129 on: June 13, 2018, 04:08:37 pm »

haha, head over to the newcastle thread for another instance of it.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: June 13, 2018, 04:14:15 pm »
Ultimately it's a results business, if Spain do ok, say a semi-final spot minimum, the federation president is going to be hailed as a strong, decisive leader. Crash out in the group and it's all his fault, putting ego over national interest etc etc...

On its own, it's a fair decision. You set certain lines, a guy crosses them, you have to follow through otherwise you lose authority and lessen the chances of you being able to do your job well. Clearly the Spanish federation believe Lopetegui was negotiating for a much longer time behind their backs, broke the trust, crossed the line out you go.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4131 on: June 13, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »
Third time in about 18 hours I've heard/seen this word being used. 
Nah man, you only think you did - it's an optical illusion.

Sorry.

This manager thing is fucked up though. Mental. Thought they've been looking ok, from the couple of matches I've seen this year. Lopetegui must have really pissed them off.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4132 on: June 13, 2018, 04:16:05 pm »
Playing a little devil’s advocate here.  What if this were LFC and we needed a new manager but the manager that we chose was coaching the England NT.  Wouldn’t we all expect that the owners and sporting director put LFC first and get the man in that we wanted as soon as possible rather then waited another month and had to put up with all of the media discussions and supporter angst wondering what the hell we were doing waiting to find someone?

It depends.  I would hope that us (and the manager we would be choosing) would at least have the sporting integrity to go to the FA, and ask permission for the discussion to happen, and to, if they ask for it to be kept quiet so it doesn't disturb the national squad, to adhere to that.  The issue from the Spanish side basically seems to be two points: firstly, that at no point in the discussions did either the manager or anyone at Real contact them to even inform them that contract discussions were taking place, let alone to ask permission; and secondly, that they were only notified 5 minutes before Real were telling the papers, and that they were asked to keep it quiet for a bit (not even the whole month) to let the Spanish FA think about what they wanted to do to react, and Real ignored that.  I'd be frankly disgusted at LFC if they behaved in the exact same way, thinking they were above the rules and common decency. 

If you were to do this to another club, instead of national manager, you would definitely be open to all sorts of tapping up allegations, so I don't see why this is any different to that

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4133 on: June 13, 2018, 04:23:49 pm »
Can't blame the FA one iota. You can't allow people to act how they want just because it's a few days before the World Cup. He tried to have his cake and eat it, so they whipped the rug from under his feet. Hope he gets sacked within a few months at Real, that'll learn him.
Make no mistake, he will get sacked very quickly. He has no achievements at the senior level, he was sacked by Porto and he hasn't participated in any tournament with Spanish NT. If he doesn't hit the ground running, he is a toast.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #4134 on: June 13, 2018, 04:25:43 pm »
It depends.  I would hope that us (and the manager we would be choosing) would at least have the sporting integrity to go to the FA, and ask permission for the discussion to happen, and to, if they ask for it to be kept quiet so it doesn't disturb the national squad, to adhere to that.  The issue from the Spanish side basically seems to be two points: firstly, that at no point in the discussions did either the manager or anyone at Real contact them to even inform them that contract discussions were taking place, let alone to ask permission; and secondly, that they were only notified 5 minutes before Real were telling the papers, and that they were asked to keep it quiet for a bit (not even the whole month) to let the Spanish FA think about what they wanted to do to react, and Real ignored that.  I'd be frankly disgusted at LFC if they behaved in the exact same way, thinking they were above the rules and common decency. 

If you were to do this to another club, instead of national manager, you would definitely be open to all sorts of tapping up allegations, so I don't see why this is any different to that

100% agree

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4135 on: June 13, 2018, 04:42:39 pm »
Good. Hopefully these lot crash out of the competition early.

Why?
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4136 on: June 13, 2018, 04:50:46 pm »

Agree mate. Whatever people may think of national sides and international football, for a lot of people it means something to them, fans will have saved up a lot of money to attend, and players put in a lot of effort to achieve something at the biggest sporting event in the world. It is utterly classless of Real Madrid to announce it like that without even discussing the matter with the Spanish FA. It is however indicative of Real Madrid's attitude to the sport and their fans, as many will be huge Spain supporters and very upset by the turn of events. As a club we have made some mistakes, but it is not part of our DNA like it is with Real Madrid.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4137 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:32 pm »

Why?

Presumably something to do with the many many dickheads in the squad?

And the way they constantly cheat that makes Spanish league games near unwatchable

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4138 on: June 13, 2018, 05:00:00 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4139 on: June 13, 2018, 05:27:10 pm »
yeah fuck most of them, i wouldn't stand seeing Ramos with that trophy.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #4140 on: June 13, 2018, 05:38:30 pm »
yeah fuck most of them, i wouldn't stand seeing Ramos with that trophy.

I seriously hope Adebayo Akinfewa gets called up for the England team due to Harry Kane getting injured and he breaks Ramos body should into two. And then use his sweat to hurt Pigue and also concussed De Gea.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4141 on: June 13, 2018, 05:40:23 pm »
Presumably something to do with the many many dickheads in the squad?

And the way they constantly cheat that makes Spanish league games near unwatchable

exactly that for me. Can't stand Spanish teams generally - especially the big two - two of the most easy to hate teams in football, so yeah, don't want their national team winning anything  :D

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #4142 on: June 13, 2018, 05:45:13 pm »
exactly that for me. Can't stand Spanish teams generally - especially the big two - two of the most easy to hate teams in football, so yeah, don't want their national team winning anything  :D

Their 3rd team is no better. I feel dirty that I used to like Spain and was happy to see them winning when Torres and Alonso was playing for us.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4143 on: June 13, 2018, 05:49:47 pm »
On that note, can’t stand Bayern and I hate Ozil with a passion, hopefully your national team gets stuffed too.  ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: June 13, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »
On that note, can’t stand Bayern and I hate Ozil with a passion, hopefully your national team gets stuffed too.  ;D
Think he's Welsh mate, so it's a given.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4145 on: June 13, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »
Think he's Welsh mate, so it's a given.
Really, Welsh? Poor guy. Always though he was German.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #4146 on: June 13, 2018, 05:56:00 pm »
Most skilled footballer I’ve ever seen, the way he caressed the ball, magic.
I don’t think he’s a top manager, he has a group of players that don’t need managing. Tactically he’s been out thought all CL and yet he’s got the magicians to get him through. First 30 mins of CL final was pretty much a case of a world class team being shut down by a world class manager. Zidane is more lucky than good, but his record is incredible, he won’t emulate that anywhere else.

Bollocks.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: June 13, 2018, 05:58:27 pm »
Really, Welsh? Poor guy. Always though he was German.
What's wrong with being Welsh? Greatest nation on God's earth, and you all know it.

Footballwise, we're just taking a well deserved fallow year after our exertions in the Euros  ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4148 on: June 13, 2018, 06:02:47 pm »
Ridiculous Madrid didn’t wait until after the World Cup to sign Julen Lopetegui

Still amazed Madrid didn’t have to get permission from Spain national team first to even speak to Julen Lopetegui

That's RM for you, an arrogant club which puts itself ahead of everyone and everything. I hope they have a disasterous year. Small-time from them, but he wasn't much cleverer, they probably deserve one another.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4149 on: June 13, 2018, 06:05:28 pm »
Make no mistake, he will get sacked very quickly. He has no achievements at the senior level, he was sacked by Porto and he hasn't participated in any tournament with Spanish NT. If he doesn't hit the ground running, he is a toast.
He's just a stop gap until a better manager is free.

No top manager will go there after Zidane has won 3 CL in a row and that team is probably at the end of it's cycle,the core of that team has an average age of 32.

How many of these sacrificial lamb managers have Real had in the last 20 years,some of them barely get to a 2nd season.

Mid to late 90's they had a few and mid 00's

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:13:43 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4150 on: June 13, 2018, 06:12:57 pm »
What's wrong with being Welsh? Greatest nation on God's earth, and you all know it.

Footballwise, we're just taking a well deserved fallow year after our exertions in the Euros  ;)
It’s not even a real nation mate, but to be fair you did gave us the Furrys and Rushie so you are good on my book.  ;)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: June 13, 2018, 06:15:13 pm »

exactly, funny how it's always seen as acceptable to disparage the Welsh though :)

Their 3rd team is no better. I feel dirty that I used to like Spain and was happy to see them winning when Torres and Alonso was playing for us.

Oh yeah, can't stand them either  ;D

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #4152 on: June 13, 2018, 06:17:15 pm »
Sai-pan
YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4153 on: June 13, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »
It’s not even a real nation mate, but to be fair you did gave us the Furrys and Rushie so you are good on my book.  ;)

they also gave us evertonians ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4154 on: June 13, 2018, 06:23:33 pm »
exactly, funny how it's always seen as acceptable to disparage the Welsh though :)

You should see what's said about us English in the 6 Nations thread! ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: June 13, 2018, 06:24:32 pm »
;D

We are too a real nation! Got a prince and everything, see? How can you not be a real nation and have a prince, eh? Do a mean cheese on toast and all.

The fuck does England do? Get to the group stages and capitulate that's what, then go home for a nice cup of tea and some jellied eels. Jellied fucking eels, man. Wales is definitely the best thing about the UK, it's been proven scientifically and everything, although Scotland runs us close.

So there.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: June 13, 2018, 06:26:09 pm »

They're just jealous of our ineffable wonderfulness mate, pay them no mind.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4157 on: June 13, 2018, 06:28:19 pm »
You should see what's said about us English in the 6 Nations thread! ;D

I will never know, I don't like rugby  ;D

They're just jealous of our ineffable wonderfulness mate, pay them no mind.

;D  Yup, you know it, and I know it :D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4158 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:51 pm »
I will never know, I don't like rugby  ;D

I think some folks in those threads enjoy England losing more than they enjoy their own team winning. We're despised ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:06 pm »
I think some folks in those threads enjoy England losing more than they enjoy their own team winning. We're despised ;D

I think that goes for England in any sport! Hell, there's even English people who want them to lose in football  ;D